View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 I Don't Like The Drugs ... (for Glila'at) 

Post I Don't Like The Drugs ... (for Glila'at)
Fafner was getting annoyed, flinging his minion across the room telekinetically. The tell tale snap made the breaking of his back clear to all around. Two of the guards dragged the body from the room after a glance between themselves all too happy to be out of that room.

The empty syringe toss aside as Fafner gazed upon the last kneeling wolf creature. For your sake I hope your results are better.

It wasn't often that he picked up on emotions but he did now sensing that fear. He had been without his drug for a few days now and his telepathic abilities, normally dampened, had returned. Needless to say he was frantic, sluggish, ill-tempered and generally feeling massive withdrawal affects complete with body aches.

Presented a syringe he took it and used it immediately. He felt that rush of heat surge through him, a spark of relief swept over him and for a moment he felt like his old self. But he needed more, a larger dose.

This did just what he needed and Fafner had no doubt that this would work if he had a larger dose seeing that he built up a great tolerance for this stuff. Still he jerked the minion up to his feet.

Bring me more of this! On second thought bring me the supplier too! He shoved the wolf toward the door prompting him on his way before he could change his mind.

And that was why the creature returned waiting in the shadows for the last of the aliens to depart after purchasing their wares. Once alone he approached her once again, a dark blue cloak draped over his shoulders as he neared.

“Excuse me. Do you have any of that compound left that I purchased from you last week?”

Like an idiot who's thoughts go nowhere ... XXXholic

Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:50 pm

Post Re: I Don't Like The Drugs ... (for Glila'at)
Glila'at studied the lupine biped briefly beneath her sea-green hood before answering, "I am happy to assist, but I make a strict policy of forgetting previous clients and their transactions, you understand, to protect your confidentiality. If you can describe the compound or its desired effects, I can check my stock for something that will suit your needs."

She was careful to avoid claiming she would have the exact same item in stock, as she was hardly outfitted for industrial-scale production, but she was also fairly certain that she recalled this particular customer and his previous order. It wasn't wise to flaunt one's ability to identify ones clientele and their business in this lawless sector, but there weren't that many aliens of his description coming by her shop for a formula that would primarily affect aquatic lifeforms.

If he decided to object to her not greeting him with immediate recognition and obsequious service, well, that was what the blaster hidden under her counter, just a twitch away from her steady hands, was for.

On a second thought she added, "If I don't have what you're looking for ready, I will also accept a pre-order, if you can afford to wait for a new batch."

Glila'at Jamadhur, lonely shipwrecked SFA

Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:33 am
Profile YIM

His ears twitched as if hearing something in the distance or paying attention to some distant sound she was unable to hear. Next came his slow nod as she failed to recall their earlier business. He could forgive her on forgetting such things. As it was his mind was quite sharp but his nose made it impossible not to recognize those that he had encountered before even if they were disguised.

His sense of smell being more important than his sense of sight.

“In truth I've forgotten what it is called. But it was amber colored smelling of honey and a faint hint of cinnamon. Not the spice but it had a vague similarity to it.”

He recalled. He could hear the traffic around and for the moment waited as he followed the traffic around them outside. He assessed his surrounds too while he was here judging that there had to be a hidden weapon somewhere near. There were no security cameras but he expected that she would have back up nearby or at the least other vendors that would be looking out for her.

Calculating all this in his head he plotted out an effective course of action. Just because the planet was lawless didn't mean he could get away with doing as he willed so he had to form a plan in his head. But first things first, find out if she had any more of that drug in her possession. He still had to take her back with or without it but he figured out just how much he had to take back to his ship ahead of time.

Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:48 am

Glila'at relaxed faintly after her customer declined to throw a tantrum about the inconvenience of her pretended forgetfulness, and nodded slowly, full lips pursed in thought. Amber liquid, sweet scent with a hint of spice - she thought so.

"I do have a volume of that product in stock still. How much were you interested in, and what price are you offering?"

She didn't even have to pretend to be pleased to be able to offer the item he was looking for- she only had this stall reserved for another two days, and hadn't sold as much of her stock as she had hoped. Glila'at had managed to refuel, but she hadn't made enough back to get that generator she had been looking at, or half a dozen other things that she could get by without but would really prefer not to.

Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:27 am
Profile YIM

He grinned at that disclosure. “Just how much are we talking? And the same price as last time inflated of course by the amount of dosages.”

An idea was shifting through his head. On such a lawless world finding nefarious characters would be easy and while Fafner supplied him with credits for the first buy there were still plenty left over. But he could place them to better use assuming of course she had a lot of the drug and he could easily come up with an excuse. Otherwise he still wouldn't be hindered but would have to come up with something else.

“I'll take everything you have.”

Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:06 am

Glila'at was careful not to raise her eyebrows at his enthusiasm, instead keeping her voice casual. "I have another crate remaining of that compound, containing approximately fifty doses. I will accept payment now if you are willing to wait for me to retrieve the crate, or I will deliver it to another location for half pay in advance and the other half upon receipt."

She allowed herself a moment of curiosity about her customer. The drug wasn't formulated for mammalian use, so he was obviously buying it for someone else, and in bulk, no less.
"It does take some time to replenish my stock, but if you anticipate needing more in the future, I can make additional quantities to your specifications, as well, although I will insist on a guarantee of purchase, in that case, to cover cost of my time and materials."

He had been a perfectly reasonable customer so far, so it didn't seem like too much of a risk to make the offer. It wasn't as if he could track her down with the mere admission that she would come back to this spaceport at some point.

Even if she was the only fovohra in the sector, there was enough variety here for her to be anonymous, as long as she was careful. Even though I am so tired of being careful... What choice do I have?

Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:14 pm
Profile YIM

“I'm sure future arrangements can be made once I speak to my employer,” he reasoned. “I did not know how much stock you would have and seeing that this is a rougher planet I find it unwise to travel with a ton of credits on me.

“I have enough on hand to purchase ten doses. I will need to return to my ship in order to acquire the rest.”

He considered for a small moment. “I can attempt to reach my employer when there to see if something can be arranged. Then I will return here for the rest of the product when I have the rest of my funds.”

He had a plan set in mind. Her being busy with the rest of the drug would allow him to get things set into motion. He didn't intend on using that money for additional drugs rather on a planet like this he could hire others to do his bidding. Getting her and the rest of those drugs should be easy enough as long as he didn't make any missteps.

Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:14 am

Glila'at smiled and swept a brief bow of acquiescence. "Your caution is reasonable. You know where to find me when you have your funds in order."

"In the meantime..." Moving slowly and deliberately to avoid startling her customer, she unlocked and flipped open the top of her counter, revealing rows of injection vials containing a variety of liquids, bottles filled with caplets, powders, and other oddities. Glila'at selected ten vials of the dosage he was after and moved them to the middle of the counter with one hand, closing and fastening the panel lid with her other.

This was always a tense moment, and she kept a close eye on the lupine alien as he looked over the bottles she selected. He had been perfectly reasonable so far, but it wouldn't be the first time someone tried to get her guard down and walk off with her goods, or pull some other last minute stunt. She hoped he wouldn't do anything stupid--Glila'at was tired and looking forward to getting back to her ship, and maybe having a nice long soak in her quarters. Yes, she decided, that sounds perfect.

Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:06 am
Profile YIM

There was no problem. The vials were inspected and paid for in short order before he departed to get the remainder of those funds or so he claimed. She had more of the stuff and he had been instructed to bring her back so he set to work on the next leg of his plan after storing the vials away back on his ship.

For the next hour or so he used his contacts then returned. He grinned across at her and gave a little nod. “I ran into a little problem that got me side trekked longer than expected. But I have returned with the remainder of the balance.”

He approached, keen senses alert given that everything was in place. When he got to the counter the door would open and in would come a trio of aliens. He looked back over a shoulder at them and watched them keenly as if he had been suspecting something.

Turning back toward her ready to question her about it she would feel something loop around her body pulling her arms to her sides. A sinewy rope or tentacle appeared around her body at that moment as if it were invisible until this moment. Another tentacle looped about her head covering her mouth.

There were at least five aliens present. There was no idea how the one got behind her or even how long it had been present but the four she could see had been glaring at her.

One, about her height, a greenish toad thing took a lock of her “hair” lightly in his grasp stroking it while another approached after drawing a blade bringing that cool metal against her cheek before skimming it down her chest.

“Play nice and you won't get hurt.”

Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:27 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]