View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Frequently Asked Questions 

Post Frequently Asked Questions
If you have any questions pertaining to the site and how it works, this is the place to ask! The moderators and other members of the site will be more than happy to answer your questions.

FAQ's Answered by Niceman

Posted by Niceman:

Hello all.

Recently I got a PM from one of our members asking about some of the lesser known aspects about the world here, and I did my best to answer their questions. After doing so I realized that this info would be useful to share with all of you so with their permission I'm recreating it here.

Member's questions:

I'm currently working on a series of short stories about Shokushu, but I wanted your help with a few general details.

First, about how many students would you have attending Shokushu at any one time, according to your vision of Shokushu, not the message board? Second, how many staff members would you have hired? Would there be multiple professors for each subject, or just one? Would there be perhaps only one professor per subject, per class level (ie Freshman)?

Finally, I have some questions about the monsters: how many would reside on the island at any one time on estimate (keeping in mind the available number of female bodies)? And also about how many different types of tentacle (or otherwise?) monster would there be (estimate, if need be)?

You don't have to answer all these questions if you haven't thought about them. I just wanted to make this story as close to your vision for Shokushu as I can make it possible, while still making a good story from it. Also, if there is anything about Shokushu you would really like me to keep in mind while writing these stories, I would greatly appreciate your words.

My Response:

No problem I see the number of registered and active students to be about 10% of the student body, so if there were say 25 students involved in RP and such here there would be about 250 in the whole student body. Granted that number will fluxuate some as people come and go, but the 10% rule pretty much holds. What that means is the attacks that happen here are limited in scope and affect a minority. The alien hordes want prey in their natural habitat, so to speak. If too many girls are taken, then they all would start reacting differently or worse, start banding together. In this way the monsters represented by the monstrous players discreetly enjoy the pleasures here, almost as free samples before the unsuspecting graduating class is loaded up and they find out what's really going on. It holds with that that most girls will go through their academic career here completely safe and thinking this is just a normal exclusive school for girls. They've never seen a monster and the propaganda the administration puts out on how they're hazing pranks and stories from troubled girls are sufficient to keep them from going to see for themselves.

For instructors there will probably be about 5 or so per grade, depending on the size of the grade and the types of classes. Some of the lecture classes might have a hundred girls in it and need only one instructor. Smaller classes like gym or english or math might have more than one. Also keep in mind that there is only one human male on the island, and that is Niceman. The teachers are predominently women, and those that aren't are monsters in disquise. Since teachers and staff are reserved for website and irc personnel, I think at this time the only PC monster-teacher is Dhamien.

The monstrous population I suppose could be about double of the monster PCs here. Some monsters use minions on rare occasions, and when I don't use Soth-Guardian I'll come up with generic beasties. There is a large contingency at the Spaceport, but they're pretty much staff there and outside the scope of any RP. As for monstrous diversity, I'd like to think there is a fair mix of all kinds. In terms of PCs, since most players are new to RP, they tend to gravitate to the easy outs of shapeshifters, eon spanning omnipotent gods, or vampires... in some cases, all of the above. Combined with the NPC population and veteran players though, I'm sure there is a healthy mix of all kinds.

Hope that helps. If you have any more questions let me know. The only other thing I can think of is monsters and some students tend to break things a lot. Soth-Guardian himself will crash through a dorm window taking out most of the wall if he feels the need to hit a girl where she lives. This of course would be far too much proof to the rest of the student body that something is going on, so N.I.C.E. Labs took a hand in it. Hidden all over the campus are baseball sized N.I.C.E. Labs repair bots. When something like that happens, they'll swarm out of hiding and repair the area to it's original state in a matter of minutes.

Along the lines of keeping attacks secret, every part of the campus, indoor and out are fitted with hidden localized sound dampners. When a monster enters an area, the dampners activate and keep any incriminating sounds from going any appreciable distance. That is why a monster can crash through a dorm window, rape the girl inside senseless, and leave without anyone next door, above or below, or out in the hall from hearing it. It also helps dispel any proof of an attack. A girl will come out of a room sobbing and naked but no one heard a thing, so they tend not to believe her. It also works outside, so if someone is being ravaged behind a building say, students walking along the path nearby don't hear it happening.

Gotta love the Labs

Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:28 pm

Post Re: Frequently Asked Questions
FAQs

Hey, I was just woundering, I get the point that Students are Female, and (some)Monsters are Male, What is ADD?

Niceman:
It's posted many places actually. On the first page of the site it's explained in detail, and on the main page of the forum each area has a description which tells.

The ADD is the Alien Defense Directorate. They are a covert space force sworn to stem the tide of sex crazed aliens across human space while at the same time keeping the conflict secret from the populace. Think of it as a sort of X-rated Men in Black (and that all the agents are women).

The ADD was born out of art and stories following the exploits of one of our closest online friends, Spacegirl. Spacegirl is the most recognized and iconic agent of the ADD and her exploits shaped it into what it is today.

How it relates to the RP here now is ADD agents are women, and monsters ravage them like they would a student, but the agents have the capacity to fight back. Storywise, Shokushu exists via a treaty between the goverments of Earth and the lust-crazed alien hordes. Women are provided for the monsters at Shokushu in exchange for the monsters keeping thier distance and not invading Earth directly. The ADD's job is to monitor the workings of the treaty at Shokushu while performing their duties elsewhere. The ADD does not interact with Shokushu, i.e. no agent ever lands on campus and no student every goes up into space temporarily, so the ADD is sort of a RP genre of it's own while referencing indirectly what goes on at the campus. Monsters are free to RP in either setting. Ravage a student, then go up and rape an ADD agent in orbit and so forth.

How Do I Get an Avatar?

Step by Step:

After registering and logging onto the Shokushu Forums, you will see an option on the top menu that says ‘User Control Panel.’ Select this.

On the left hand side there will be a menu with several options. Select the ‘Profile’ option and a drop down list should appear after the page refreshes.

There will be a selection that says ‘Edit Avatar’ Select this.

From here you have two choices:

By selecting ‘Show Gallery’ at the bottom of the Avatar box you can browse through the preloaded avatars in the site’s database.

Or...

You can create your own by finding a picture that you'd like displayed as your avatar and sizing it down to 80x80 pixels, saving it to your computer or a photobucket account and uploading into the box that says "Upload Avatar from a URL" or "Upload Avatar from your machine"

Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:33 pm

Post Re: Frequently Asked Questions
Something is broken in my account and I cannot post anything! Who do I send for help?

If you are having board issues, I can be reached via e-mail at "flarecobra@hotmail.com" or via Discord @flarecobra#8525 as well. The general support E-mail... that's being looked into at this time >_>

Now on Discord, flarecobra#8525

Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:11 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]