View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Writing Good Erotic Literature. 

I wish Jennifer Chase and silentnowhere were here so I could tell them what good advice this is.

Wed May 09, 2007 5:24 pm
Profile YIM

Spectacular! Definitely one of the most helpful pieces of literature I've ever read. But something you might want to cover is the physical capabilities of girls! For example, how does having several orgasms affect a girl? Think about the human anatomy! How deep CAN a tentacle go inside of her?

Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:21 pm

It's anime. There's a certain trend towards ignoring physical reality to some extent. ^_^

Send a PM anytime you feel like an RP with Natsuki. She's not shy!

Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:40 pm
Profile YIM

Well, I tried giving some advice, Guess it kinda backfired.

Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:26 pm

Post Re: Writing Good Erotic Literature.
Thanks for posting this, Chris and Jen. Someone's been needing to stop dancing around this elephant-sized issue for a very long time.

Let me add something about the larger term of things, the idea of continuity outside of the snapshot of individual scenes. You may have a very good character concept, but there's always the risk of falling into routine with that. I think there's a tendency in this place to assume these characters live in a vacuum, that your character will respond to each scene with the same rhythm as the last. But this isn't how real people work. But when a character undergoes a major event in their life (and rape is pretty damn massive, whether it's the first time or the fortieth), they're changed by it. How does your character react to all these things happening to her? What are her goals, and how does she achieve them? Maybe they sink into resignation, trying to find a way to just suffer through the rapes until (she hopes) she gets to graduate and go home. Or maybe she's looking for a way to escape. Either way, the gravity of the situations that have happened before is a burden that affects every scene afterwards. What are your character's goals, and how is she going about achieving them? This adds an element of weight to the progression of the character, and makes other people more interested in interacting with you. When I become disinterested in this place, it's usually because of this sense that there's no larger sense of community. Even the nymphiest of nymphos isn't just blindly looking to fuck everything she sees. There's people in real life that you like, people you hate, and people you're downright terrified of. Relationships need to be more than "Boy, I'd really like to hit that" or "Man. We've just had sex! We're totally in love now!" I understand that there's a sense of hopelessness in the girls that's emphasized by the fact that these girls can never win but they don't know that. On the parts of the people who play monsters, I think you need to be sympathetic to that. Girls, move towards smaller goals that allow your characters some modicum of success, pyrrhic as they may be. It will help your characters grow. And monsters, there's no need to always burn down everything the girls try to build in the course of the scene. Allow them their minor victories, things that can help move the characters forward in their own personal storylines.

Okay. Maybe I rambled a bit, but I'll work on tightening it up a little bit.

Kraytirous wrote:
Spectacular! Definitely one of the most helpful pieces of literature I've ever read. But something you might want to cover is the physical capabilities of girls! For example, how does having several orgasms affect a girl? Think about the human anatomy! How deep CAN a tentacle go inside of her?

I think that's more an issue of a case-by-case basis. Some players are interested in looking at it from a hyper-realistic perspective, i.e. exactly how it would work in terms of "our world". Others are looking to go more gonzo with it, i.e. the bizarre penetrations and contortions of anime that simply couldn't happen in the real world. This is an issue of personal preference, so open a dialog with the player you're interacting with. Good sex is about people coming to terms they both like and making it work, and just because the character is being raped doesn't mean that the players can't reach mutual satisfaction. So.... y'know... talk.

Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:26 pm

Post Re: Writing Good Erotic Literature.
I bow to almighty .Christine!

Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:41 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2