View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Some Puzzling Questions (Reposted From Old Board) 

Post Re: Some Puzzling Questions (Reposted From Old Board)
Oh, yeah...and I do have some questions to add...

1. Has the planet Shokushu island is located on officially been named, or do we just call it Planet Shokushu?

2. Are there any other land masses on the planet (islands, continents, and so on), or is Shokushu Island simply one lonely spec of green and brown in an endless sea of blue?

Will add others...

"The best thing to do would be to designate everywhere as clothing optional, and we could leave little fenced in areas for the prudes to prance around in. Call them "Prudist Camps." They could peer out of their fences and indulge in their offensive "I'm offended" behavior whenever they saw a natural person walk by, without bothering the rest of us."--Anon

Bio

Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:01 pm

We just call it "The Planet" for the most part. >_>

And yes, there are other landmasses, but none of them can be seen from the island.

Now on Discord, flarecobra#8525

Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:36 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

The original purpose of the village was to provide some shopping opportunities for the students but then of course we get the smartarse human males who seduce the students. So it was moved to a small plaza or more correctly mezzanine floor at ground level where the two dorm towers merge. It can also be assumed that things like the uniform store and laundry room are just below that in the basement along with other utilitarian features such as storage areas for large items like the suitcases with which students no doubt arrived. All staffing is done by members of the admin.

For cash? Assume each student has a debit card with a standard monthly limit funded as part of the enrollment fees.

And I don't mind answering questions but let's keep it a little general OK? A little blurry. Give people room to use their imaginations. After all this is a roleplay not a planning application so while it's useful to have the broad outlines in place, it gets constricting if no one can find any room to set up their scenes without consulting a twenty page manual.

Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:14 am

I understand where you're goin, StormBringer.

I'm in the brainstorming stage of some personal Shokushu-related writing projects right now, and I'm one of those people who likes to get all the little details right before beginning anything.

That, and I'm just naturally curious about everything. Sometimes more than a little obsessive at times, too (comes with being an Aspie, I guess--from what I've read and heard, many of us can be somewhat overly fixated about certain things).

Not to worry, though. I'll do my best to keep it in check.
----------------
Now playing: Godsmack - Trippin
via FoxyTunes

"The best thing to do would be to designate everywhere as clothing optional, and we could leave little fenced in areas for the prudes to prance around in. Call them "Prudist Camps." They could peer out of their fences and indulge in their offensive "I'm offended" behavior whenever they saw a natural person walk by, without bothering the rest of us."--Anon

Bio

Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:03 am

Searched around a bit, and didn't find anything definitive to answer this question, so I thought I'd ask it here.

Is there a general layout for the dorms, and the rooms there-in? I know they're housed in two towers connected at the base, but aside from that...I can't really find much else, excepting the stuff posted in the threads about the infamous room 300.

Actually, can I just assume all of the non-Head Girl rooms are similar to room 300, or is that one special?

Nightmares and Dreams Roleplay listing.

"I like my coffee how I like my life, consistent and mediocre." -Ning

Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:07 am

Generally rooms are made for two students, sometimes three. Prefect rooms are in the dorms but tend to be a bit larger and made for just the Prefect student. Head Girls live in suites in the tower. Details about Prefect and Head Girl rooms are in their own sections.

It is a bit odd to have sections for everything but the Dorms on the Shokushu website. Guess there was never a story made that would go with that particular setting.

I have never been in a college dorm so I can only compare to apartments and barracks rooms. I kinda see it as there being a small kitchen area with a shared living/bedroom area with a closet for each student. Then there is the bathroom with a shower in it. Im sure Stormy and Madison have better details.

My Monster: Vespira
My ADD: Alexandra

Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:25 am

Thanks for the info Kanoe! It isn't really a big deal, it just got under my mental skin that I can't really picture what the rooms are like. The only dorm rooms I've ever lived in were doubles, or a suite of four doubles with one shared common area. From what I've read though, it seems these dorm rooms are much, much nicer than normal.

Nightmares and Dreams Roleplay listing.

"I like my coffee how I like my life, consistent and mediocre." -Ning

Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:34 am

Location: Currently in her new home, located deep within the Shokushu Forest
Hmmm...Well, the higher-ups might be able to answer this rather better than I can, but I can give it my best shot...

There isn't really a 'general layout' as I understand it. I think that, for the most part it's pretty much up to imagination the players what the layout is.

It's my general understanding that there are at least six floors, with elevators at each floor and the Students Common Room on the main floor, the entrance visible right as you enter the Student Dormitory.

In a few role-plays that I've been seen and/or been personally involved in, there has been a mention made of a 'secret' hot tub that supposedly is known only to the students (and presumably the staff as well). I could not say for certain which floor it is located on, only that it is located somewhere within the Student Dorms.

And are most dorms the same as Room 300? Not as far as I know. From what I heard...I think it was from Madison...that most rooms are rather smaller than that, generally suited for no more than three students.

A dwelling place for demons
Where nothing is what it seems,
And hope is but a dream

--------------------------------------------
Jezebel Bio and Pix
Character List

Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:52 am
Profile WWW

Location: Currently in her new home, located deep within the Shokushu Forest
Ah, look like I was beaten to it. :oops: Oh well...

A dwelling place for demons
Where nothing is what it seems,
And hope is but a dream

--------------------------------------------
Jezebel Bio and Pix
Character List

Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:52 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2