View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Shai Tanaka ~ Science Elitist 

Post Shai Tanaka ~ Science Elitist

Whose woods these are I think I know,
His house is in the village though.
He will not see me stopping here,
To watch his woods fill up with snow.

My little horse must think it queer,
To stop without a farmhouse near,
Between the woods and frozen lake,
The darkest evening of the year.

He gives his harness bells a shake,
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound's the sweep,
Of easy wind and downy flake.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

-Frost

"Genius rarely allows room for creativity."

[Prologue] I would recommend skipping the history section unless you’re extremely…extremely bored. I couldn’t sleep so 3 pages turned into 12 =T Sorry.

[Name] Shai Tanaka (Preferring her Mother’s Maiden name she had it legally changed the day she turned 18 from Shaffer)

[Age] 23

[Race] Caucasian / Japanese

[Gender] Female

[Origin] New York

[Year of Study] 4th going into 5th

[Rank] Head Girl

[Head Master] Stormbringer

[Prefects] None

[Major – Minor]
Majoring in Nanotechnology.
Minoring in Biotechnology.

[Specialties]

Scientist/Engineer

President of the Science Club

Unknown Ability- Psycho kinesis: Shai’s success in her creations can be primarily accredited to her psychokinetic abilities. When Shai puts forth an extensive amount of love and emotion while conjuring up her technological creations they become a reality.

[Measurements]
Bust: 32
Waist: 25
Hips: 36

[Specifics]
Height: 5’9’’
Weight: 145lbs
Pubic Hair: Waxed
Hair: White and Straight. Down to calves in length
Eyes: Ranges from crystal gray to deep sapphire.

[Physical] Shai has a slender/athletic build with long curvy legs. She walks with a sense of humility accentuating her height with a sense of grace and confidence. Her white locks fall down to her calves in a sleek, straight fashion. Her eyes are wide, but seem dull varying from a deep blue to a cool gray depending on the colors around her and the clothes she is wearing. The only time her eyes seem to glitter is when she is frantically drawing up schematics or tearing something apart. Having and immensely tall father and a rather short mother left Shai somewhere in between at 5’9’’. Her skin is a creamy pale, but not an unhealthy tone. Her lips are small but lush always seeming in a permanent pout, more due to her lack of smiles than anything else. She has a small but pleasant nose that curves slightly upwards giving her face the much-needed docility due to her lack of expression.

Growing up in New York in a wealthy family one would assume Shai would have a better sense of style. The only times she would wear a dress after she realized her independence from her mother’s feminine clutches, was when she was forced to some important gathering or another, and would quickly dismiss herself only to strip out of those into her more plain clothing. Her general style is either pure white, or jet black rarely accentuated with a royal purple. Others would tease her about being OCD because she would never mix and match clothing, and would rarely wear anything different than her adapted styles.

[Mentally: “You shouldn’t pry where you don’t belong.”] Shai has always been sweet, it’s been said that when she was born she didn’t even cry. Usually the nigh-albino is extremely quiet, never wishing to speak ill towards anyone or draw much attention to herself. She wasn’t always so reclusive. When she was younger the girl could be seen bouncing around the house cheerfully, without ever getting into any mischief- other than tearing apart various items to see what was inside. A trait she still can’t seem to let go.

After a trauma during her early childhood her black locks were turned into a shocking white. It took years of therapy to even muster a full sentence out of the girl; to this day no one really knows what happened except for Shai. She carries a sense of stern coldness about her, but even despite her tragedy she will still be the first to offer a kind word when she deems appropriate.

Shai had to let go of her morality the second she agreed to become a Head Girl. She is driven by her own self-preservation and will put her own needs and benefits ahead of others. While most who have encountered her in a disciplinary setting they would remark of her as being cold and callous, but on more than one occasion she has inconspicuously saved girls from a devastating fate without their knowledge. “Call it a good mood.”

There is darkness to the young woman, bitterness and resentment that has grown ever since her accident. She tricked herself into believing that she had accepted her fate to be a social outcast. The reality of her circumstances only seems to upset her whenever she dwells on the past. She has a feeling that the world owes her something, that she is gifted and it should be recognized, though she maintains a semblance of modesty.

Shai is extremely prideful, though is responsible enough to recognize when it becomes her downfall and will silently correct it. She is apathetic towards mankind in general and very few people have found their way into the young woman's heart. Those that do always seem to either leave or abandon her which only makes it increasingly difficult for her to trust anyone.
[Strengths: “I hope these things work…they’re still prototypes.]
Shai is efficient in every subject, but finds poetry her weakest. She is able to read and appreciate the metaphorical references but finds no logic in the subject matter- therefore she has never been able to write a poem she deemed worthy of an A. Her memory is immaculate, she can read a book once and remember it’s content efficiently. However, this only pertains to subjects that are of particular interest to her.

*Science: Officially her strongest subject only because she chooses to take a special interest in it. Ever since childhood she was always tearing something apart and putting it back together in an either better fashion or exactly the way it was.
*Technology: Associated with Science, Shai loves the empowerment she receives with the ability to create.
*Math: Always a whiz with numbers she was practically begged to join every math team, club, association that she ever encountered. “I would rather spend my time applying mathematics to something that actually mattered.”
*Engineering: Most likely Shay’s favorite aspect of applying her brain. She loves creating, and has drawn applicable plans of beauty to some of the worlds existing structures. Combining her Sciences with her extensive knowledge of building materials upon graduation she hopes to become head of an enterprise that brings the world into the next age of structure.

Anything Shai takes a special interest in she will most likely exceed expectations. Despite her quiet and sweet nature, if you were to look hard enough you would see a deep satisfaction Shai receives when confronted with a problem she can solve. She prefers problems that lead to new problems, or a problem that will occupy an extensive amount of time.

Shai is confident when she does choose to answer, and she has been known to put some of her professors to shame during her Freshman year at MIT- that is, if she was having a particular bad day. She’s also been known to correct professors and even some of the most renowned scientists. “Ah yes, putting imbeciles to shame since 1985”

Shai is not only fascinated with technology, the human body is the most brilliant machine she’s ever encountered. Shai is a Vegan, after extensive research she discovered what many have been trying to say for centuries- the human body is not designed for carnivorous tendencies. In between her long hours of studying and creating, she always manages to find the time to exercise. She is currently working on a new theory. “It is my belief that if you keep the human body in a constant state of caloric deprivation, then you will increase your lifespan by at least 12%”

[Disadvantages: “Interesting how Society will shun you until they realize that they need you.”]

It isn’t hard for Shai to make friends, it’s all a science and calculations based on observation. Assess an individual’s personality and then formulate the appropriate topics to pique the individual’s interest. Shai simply prefers not too use her mind to obtain friendship, rarely has anyone reached out to her so why should she do society a favor by reaching out to them… Admittedly, Shai is terrible with people. If there was ever someone she desperately wanted to know she would be the most flustered individual you’d ever met. So scared of rejection what’s the point of even trying?

While she is brilliant, that can sometimes be the biggest disadvantage she holds. Always thinking in a logical manner it rarely leaves time to assess her emotions. It always leaves her to overlook when people are trying to get her attention, which leads to her loneliness. She created a mechanical companion, it was some kind of phase in Japan she’d heard when she sold the rough draft schematics to some toy engineers, but she’d never cared to check up on that. Despite the excessive amount of emotion she chooses to put into her creations, it does not make her whole and she craves human companionship.

Since her arrival to Shokushu, Shai’s social skills have increased significantly. After a desperate attempt to remove a demonic substance from her body, Dr. Paul Epsis, who is currently employed at the N.I.C.E labs brought forth the carnal desire that was burrowed deep within Shai’s subconscious. The girl she would have became if it had not been for her accident was bonded with the woman she is now. The alter ego has more dominant tendencies and tends to be deceptive and cunning. Combined with her generally sweet nature the woman finds herself striving to create the social life she has been missing out on for her entire life. It is because of this complex that the woman is slightly bitter towards the new women she meets.

[Likes…Sexually and Otherwise]

Shai enjoys reading, research, and spending her free time with various students on campus. She has a favorite or two and visits them frequently. She has made little friends, though those who nestle their way into Shai’s heart will have her loyalty- unless it clashes with Stormbringer of course.

She loves healthy food but has the occasional sweet tooth for pastries. Anything to do with new technology will easily lure this Head Girl. She is involved with animal rights, finding anyone who is cruel towards an animal despicable…unless they’re a monster of course, then they must be destroyed. ;D

Though she will never admit it to another soul except her Headmaster’s, Shai is a Sadist as well as a Masochist. She is dominant and submissive. She tends to be fully submissive under her Headmaster, while preferring to take the reigns with other students. She enjoys using a wide variety of toys, those that invoke pain as well as pleasure. She loves bondage, denied orgasms, and mental challenges.

[Player Preference Quick Reference: Anal, BDSM, Forced Oral, Suspension, basically anything non-vanilla.]

[Dislikes]

If there is one thing Shai cannot stand it is when someone lies to her. While she is not above lying herself, if she finds she has been deceived it will invoke a wrath to reckoned with.

She does not like being outsmarted by the creatures that roam the island. She still tends to think herself superior to the various beasts that roam the island, and to be outsmarted is an insult to her pride. Overpowered- that’s a different matter entirely and it invokes shame and humiliation in Shai, feelings which she isn’t particularly fond of.

[Player Preference Quick Reference: No Scat, No Watersports, No Incest, basically no excrement.]

[Hobbies]

Technology: Shai enjoys anything that has to do with technology. One of her favorite past times is tearing something apart and putting it back together after improving it’s productivity and usefulness. She spends a lot of her free time doing miscellaneous research that will assist her with her Nanotechnology.

Mythology & Theology: Shai has never been a religious person. After her experiences at Shokushu she has found herself doing extensive research on Mythological creatures and various deities of different cultures.

Occult Magic: Shai has found herself fascinated with occult horror and magic. She has accumulated many books concerning the subject though it is nothing more than a research hobby.

Shai enjoys athletics, especially volley ball and track.

Thank you Naoko for the Sig, you are my heroine <3
.oOo. Nasty, Evil, Wicked and Mean .oOo.

~*^ Shai's Lament ^*~

Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:36 am
Profile YIM

Post Re: Shai Tanaka ~ Science Elitist
Disclaimer: If you are allergic to giant walls of text I would Highly recommend you leave now while your eyes have yet to melt into your sockets. Should you choose to continue and you find yourself wanting to dig your eyes out with a spoon, please press Alt-F4

[Pre Shokushu: History]
Shai’s father was a rich American who made his voyage over to Japan for his business enterprise Tarturas Corporation; A company that specialized in Engineering and Risk Management. If you were building something on a massive scale, if you’re cleaning up an oil spill, we’re the people to call- he’d say. It was in Japan he met Shai’s mother and began a wonderful life with her.

She was the child that didn’t cry, the one that cooed happily in her mother’s arms and didn’t have a malevolent bone in her fragile body. She was beautiful by any mother’s standards, complete with the soft tuft of raven colored hair. By age 2 she was already talking in full, formulated sentences and reading the dictionary- tough going for someone who doesn’t have a sophisticated word base. Her parents couldn’t readily complain, she wasn’t mischievous- aside from always tearing things apart, but considering she usually put them back together 98.99% of the time it wasn’t viewed as a troubling issue, in fact her Father reveled in glee that he may someday be able to pass his legacy onto his budding genius.

When Shai was barely into childhood. It was the day neither her parents, nor Shai would ever forget. It began with Shai buzzing excitedly around the house when she learned she was going to get her first glimpse at Japan- the technology country. “Japan! Japan! I’ll need a kimono mommy, we’re going to Japan!” They had so many fascinating things that could barely wait for the next morning. In a rare occurrence the girl left the house and trotted happily down the trails leading from the house compound towards the woods. Nightfall descended and Shai’s parents were worried about her, and immediately began their search. What they found hours later, they were certain wasn’t even their daughter, but the huddled up form of a child nonetheless. As they neared they noticed that the long locks that were as white as the frilly dress she was wearing- their daughter’s dress.

“Oh sweet mother, Shai what happened to you?” Her mother screamed in agony as she clutched her daughter protectively to her chest. But Shai said nothing for a whole year after, and not much after that. She was still the same in many respects. The girl found her solace tearing apart various electronics around the house, and she still always had her nose buried in a book about some form of science, math, or other subject that was seemingly beyond her age of existence. But her entire presence was different, changed forever.

After acing nearly every subject her first few years of schooling, it was highly suggested that by age 10 she was admitted into education nearing the University level. “You can’t make me Adam.” She said in a factitious tone.
“What happened to Dad? Father?” Adam said gently taking a seat next to his daughter. She was brilliant, but ever since the accident even an act of defiance pleased him to know his only child still had a spark of personality left. “Of course I can, but I’d rather you want to challenge yourself. Do you really wish to hold yourself back with the basic no- average learning of normal kids?”
“You call them normal Adam.” She said with a hint of resentment. “But I still wish to experience the normalcy of an average childhood, and I’d prefer not to socially condemn myself.”

Shai’s father sighed, obviously frustrated but nearly as intellectually brilliant as his daughter yet honed with far more experience, decided upon a fair compromise. “I’ll make you a deal.” He said bluntly, piquing his daughter’s interest. Shai silently closed the book she was buried in.

“What?” She asked after a moment of elevated silence.

“If you can obtain your education and get to a college level of learning by the time you’re 14, I’ll let you go to High School.” He paused to gauge his daughter’s reaction. She stared at him indifferently, but he knew that she was his daughter and would never resist an intellectual challenge. “You see, if we waited for you to come of the appropriate age to enter high school, and it turns out you despise it then those were years wasted. However, if you already had your education…call it a social experiment if you will. Then you wont feel so different when you enter University at 18- that is if you decide to finish high school.”

He got no immediate response from his daughter but after what seemed an eternity of him holding his breath he finally got a resonated ‘Fine’. He was satisfied with the outcome.
Shai finished three years of High School before a tragic severing of her and her boyfriend Josh's relationship. In order to escape from the hurt she was feeling she immediately enrolled in Shokushu.

[Shokushu History]
Shai was never really good at making friends. After her arrival to Shokushu she bonded with two women. Fenris and Adena. All three of the women were kidnapped by the Incubus Plague, who held them hostage in a dreadful place.

Plague

Shai’s head gently rose as she looked around the dimly lit room. She tried to move but found herself bound tightly to a chair.
“Shai, you’re awake. Do you know where we are?”
Shai was relieved to find Fenris there, but she shook her head in confusion. She looked around the room and saw that Adena was there as well, all three of them bound to similar chairs. “Adena, are you alright?” Shai whispered to the newly awakened teen.
“Yeah, I…I’m fine.”

Shai begin to stir into consciousness, her memories fading into blurred images of Fenris’ Golem the sickening stench of rotting flesh and thousands upon thousands of gallons of torrents of blood swirling about an entire room. The Slaughterhouse, she would never forget that place. Tumbling down to land into the murky, thick concoction, her last images being that of Adena and Fenris, then darkness. A choking, sickening darkness as blood began to fill her lungs.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“Miss Tanaka.” Shai’s eyes fluttered open and she was in a hospital bed. She jolted upright and looked frantically around. “FENRIS?!?! ADENA?!” She grabbed the nurse’s collar in an outrage. “Where are they?” The nurse looked confused. “Miss Tanaka, who?”

Shai frantically ripped the IV from her forearm and leapt from the bed, bolting out into the hallway. “Fenris! Adena!” She screamed at the top of her lungs. “Plague you son of a bitch if I ever see you again I will kill you!” She screamed, before feeling a harsh prick in the side of her neck, and then becoming overwhelmed by darkness again. Finally, a dreamless sleep.

“So Miss Tanaka how are you recovering?”
“Quite well I would like to think, I’m eager to begin my classes again.” Shai said to the cocky, vixen that was the school’s psychiatrist. She’d seen her once with one of the headmasters, a long time ago it seemed.
“We’ll see Miss Tanaka.”
“Please, call me Shai.”
“Shai…Last month you said you were having nightmares?”
“I don’t recall any nightmares.”
“Really now?”
“No.” Shai was lying, she’d played this game before. Pretend to have no clue what they’re talking about.
“How are you dreams lately, Shai?”
“I don’t really dream, the rare occasions I do it’s about new schematics I’d like to draw up, but…they wont give me a pencil and paper. I’m confused, did I do something wrong?” She asked with a façade of innocence.
“No Miss Tana- Shai. There’s something you should know.”
Shai stayed silent.
”You’ve been in a coma for three and a half years.”
The news hit Shai like a bag of bricks. Adena?! Fenris?! If they had escaped then hopefully they had graduated and got away from this terrible place. Three years of my life is gone? How old does that make me, what month is it? Fenris, Adena God I hope you’re okay.
“That’s unfortunate.” She said, struggling to keep an indifferent appearance.
“Indeed. We’ve been treating you on the island per your father’s request.”
Liar. More likely you forged a letter and told him I wanted to sever all contact with him and that I was eloping with another student.
“Of course, Shokushu has one of the best medical facilities. I am grateful, I am alive.” Shai said with no hints of cynicism.
“We’ll see about getting you back into your classes, of course you will have to take some tests to ensure that marvelous brain of yours is still in perfect working condition.”
Shai nodded, musing in the thought of ripping every pretty brown strand of hair from this whore’s head.

They conversed a bit more about Shai’s future and her classes, and after what seemed an eternity to Shai, she was finally allowed to go back to her dingy pathetic excuse for a room she liked to call a ‘cell’.

The woman brushed a long tuft of her hair behind her ear as Shai exited the room. This student was very elusive but she was unsure whether or not Shai was faking. By all accounts it had seemed the treatment had worked, if not then they could simply clone the brat and still benefit off of her wonderful mind. She sighed. “The clones are never as good as the original’s.” She whipped out her cell phone and dialed.

ring….ring…ring.. “Hello?”
“Mr. Shaffer, it Me.”
“How is she? Can she come home?”
“She seems to be fully recovered even as far as believing she was in a coma. The last five years have been difficult in maintaining her suspension… but you understand we will never be able to release her.”
“I have made a large contribution to your facility, you will release-“
“I’m sorry Mr. Shaffer. You knew the risks of sending her here. You’re as aware of the circumstances as any of us are, the percentile that are exposed are never allowed to leave.”
“You said she was recovered, that means the memory treatment’s worked! You will release her.”
“No. You know these experiments aren’t perfect, what would happen if she were to remember what happened to her during her stay? It can’t be risked. If you miss her that much we can send you a clone. Nothing more, nothing less…and if you even think about breathing a word, you know what we’re capable of.” With that she slammed her flip-phone shut, thus ending the conversation. After a moment of recollection she dialed another number.

ring…ring…ring… She heard him answer, but he didn’t say a word.
“Headmaster?”
“Yes.”
“Tanaka seems fully recovered, I would like to release her back into the student body with strict observation of course.”
“I trust your judgment.”
“Sir…I don’t trust her Father.”
“Mr. Shaffer is a generous-“
“No, sir.” She bit her lip realizing the implications of interrupting the vicious headmaster.
“He needs to be terminated. He wants his daughter back and is now realizing he wont get her back.”
“I’ll see you in my office, twenty minutes…don’t be late.” click

“…Shit.”

Shai was recently approached by Head Master Stormbringer with an interesting proposition. Shai willingly accepted the responsibilities of a Head Girl, with every intention to use her newfound position to turn the tables in her favor as well as uncover the truth of what happened to Fenris and Adena. [Yet to be written]

Shai’s Lament

~* [ " Stay Sane Inside Insanity " – Pictures ]*~

Shai 1
Shai 2
Shai 3

Thank you Naoko for the Sig, you are my heroine <3
.oOo. Nasty, Evil, Wicked and Mean .oOo.

~*^ Shai's Lament ^*~

Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:59 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]