View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 11:33 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
 A Dance of Light 

Location: Either flying through the sky or in the Thousand Blossom Garden.
Post Re: A Dance of Light
Seraph offered a brief smile to Ishtar at her reply, It is simply a matter of being used to the way it restricts your movement, and ensuring that you move in a way and style that it is not affected. He shrugged. It probably helps a fair bit when you are as active as I am. Since we generally get the male drop outs having to run a dorm of them can get a little stressful and tiring. Even with good prefects I still end up spending about three quarters of my spare time chasing after errant students. But it isn't fair to burden you with my troubles, I'd much rather talk about ...

What Seraph wanted to talk about, or appeared to want to talk about at least, would remain unknown. Suddenly Ishtar's staff started to glow, and just outside of the circle the staff being carried by Narissa also started to glow. Both glows had been caused by Seraph of course, he had seen the link, seen the recognition in Narissa's soul as she had approached. And he had exploited that.

His eyes focused on Ishtar's glowing staff, before moving to Narissa's. His face suddenly broke into pure delight, I didn't expect to actually find a magic user, let alone two. He gestured to Narissa to join them, and didn't react when the two other students, finally realising they had no chance with 'Seratil' and if they hung around any longer they would lose any chance of finding another partner, left.

As Narissa was stepping forward he faced Ishtar again. Could you please grace this humble knight with a demonstration of your power, Lady Mage?

For those in space Yautja is on the prowl for new trophies

For a list of my chars go to here

Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:52 pm
Profile YIM

Location: *salutes* Narissa at your service! . . . .wait. . .
Narissa was startled when the red orb of her staff grew with life. 'Huh? The product description said nothing on being battery operated.' but a quick blink to the staff showed an orb of mana, swirling lazilly within the sphere of its own accord. She glanced to Ishtar's to find that she had also the same on her own staff.

Thinking it would be more suspicious if she left suddenly, Narissa stepped towards him as she stared at Ishtar . . . Might as well stay in character.

"Ishtar, I never knew thou practiced with the arts," she finished off in a light laugh, getting the hang of it.

Charachter listing :D
~~~~~~~
DBZ parody

Nappa: Vegeta! What does the scouter say about her bust size?!
Vegeta:It's . . .ITS OVER NINE-THOUSAND!!!!

*gets mauled for bad joke*

Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:07 pm

Ishtar looked up at the mage approached. The person was familiar, but Ishtar's memory issues prevented her from remembering anything more about the beautiful ebony mage other than her name, Narissa. Ishtar was surprised as both her and Narissa's staff glowed. As Seratil mentioned both were magic users, Ishtar made a note to know the mage in red a little better. It would be nice to learn from each other after the prom. Ishtar smiled, Well I have dabbled a little, here and there.

The knight then asked Ishtar to demostate her magic. If that is your wish, Sir Seratil, I will do so. The mage in blue began to cast an illusion spell. She would be only able to do it once, but she hoped it would be enough. Using the secrets she leared from the Darklight Grimore, it took considerably less time to cast the spell.

A huge green dragon began to fly around above just below the ceiling. It snuffed a bit of fire. Ishtar stared up at as she could feel her strength drain out of her as she kept her concentration on the spell. So what do you think?

I love to RP!! Please PM me, if you are interested!

Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:14 pm

Seraph looked on in awe as Ishtar summoned what appeared to be a dragon. As it flew around the room near the roof people all over the area pointed and stared. Suddenly the illusion vanished, Seraph had cast a counter spell to ensure Ishtar did not run out of energy to quickly. Even though his mana would give him an infinite source of energy he could funnel into them he had to wait until the signal was given before he could fully tap into that. Ishtar being exhausted before than would ruin half the entertainment. And that was unacceptable. He listened carefully around the room, but people seemed to think it was just a hologram, or some other projection to help with the ambience of this area. Good.

That was amazing. And what about you, Lady ... Seraph had directed the last comment at Narissa. He had trailed off to let her supply a name, after all he had no reason to know any of the students here with the sole exception of the head girls. He had also invited her to demonstrate what she knew about magic. Tonight he would see just how hard it was to willingly wrap both of these two around his finger, and later he would get to wrap other, more sensitive, parts of his body with them. He smiled with anticipation, but to either of the two students with him he was simply smiling at the discovery of some spell casters.

Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:25 pm
Profile YIM

Narissa stared in awe at the creation as it flew about the ceiling of the gymnasium, her own legs quivering in fear with how realistic it was. Her eye followed the drake long before she began seeing the seams of mana falling apart, the illusion's constitution unraveling before it finally dissapeared like a rubbed out green smudge.

"That's . .. that's incredible, Ishtar!" Looking at the girl, she only looked winded, but stable from doing such. Did it really not take that much out of her. The woots and murmurs and congratulations for the digital techs' of the prom were given an applause, the majority of the dance floor believing it to be part of the dance.

When the Knight spoke to her, she quickly gave a wobbly courtesy, steadying herself soon after before straightening out. "Just Narissa, Sir Knight," she greeted, smiling at him. Still hearing the room's excited conversation, she didn't feel to try to gain such attention. 'Who knows, maybe you will see him again, maybe never after this . . .Best to keep it low key. . .'

"Well . . . Nothing that could match Lady Ishtar, but still . . ." pressing an open palm to the orb, she slowly pulled her hand back from its surface without changing her fingering as strands of white electricity bounded the tips of her fingers to the that of the orbs surface like webbing. The element crackled and stuck without doing more than warming her hands with how low the energy she put into it before it snapped apart, leaving naught but a small wisp of smoke. Flexing her right hand, she smiled sheepishly. "That's . .. the only thing noteworthy, really." No need to tell to what lengths she could . . .But at least show a bit of what. It wasn't as showy as Ishtar's, but she'd rather not be on this case.

"But . . . Do you know of it as well?" Surely if that illusion didn't startle him like half the gym he would know of it or had trained.

~~~~~~~
DBZ parody

Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:40 pm

Ishtar was surprised about how quickly her spell had faded, perhaps the distraction of the handsome knight was enough for her to break her concentration. Still it was appear to be impressive enough and she had managed to save some of her energy. And she was going to need all the energy she had tonight.

Watching Narissa cast a spell, she watched as Narissa began to summon lightning in her hands. That was something that really impressed the blue haired student. She knew it wasn't an illusion, but the ability to manipulate electricity. It was a simple but amazing display, Ishtar realized she would have to know Narissa a bit better. That is very impressive, simple display Narissa.

Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:57 pm

If we are dropping the titles than simply Seratil will suffice, Narissa. And that goes for you as well Ishtar, it is hardly fair if she does not use a title and you do. Seraph went silent as Narissa summoned lightning from her hand and his face seemed to marvel at it just as much as he had at Ishtar's dragon. Not as showy, but more useful in a practical situation than a large illusion. Of course it all depends on just how high a voltage you can generate, and for how great a distance.

When Narissa asked if he knew of magic his face changed into one of slight annoyance and he sighed as he nodded, almost regretfully.Sadly yes, a couple of the students have magic, and they are forever making trouble for everyone else. It just gets irritating after a while. Personally I do have some magic, but I prefer to reserve it for very special occasions. The word choice was careful, it implied that he did not consider the prom worth using his magic in, and his tone was chosen to imply that he could be convinced otherwise.

If everything worked the curiosity would drive the two of them to try and find out just what made a very special occasion, and once they found out to turn it into one.

Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:12 pm
Profile YIM

Ishtar sighed. Your right, Seratil. If some of us are being informal, we should all be informal. Ishtar it is then. A bit of the illusion of being a masterful mage was gone, but still she was having fun. And fun was the most important part of the prom.

Ishtar smiled as she heard that Seratil also was a magic user. It was unusual to find so many magic users so quickly. It must been a sign that it was meant to be. Still Ishtar was curious, So if you don't mind me asking, Seratil, what do you consider a special occassion.

Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:00 pm

Narissa nodded to Seratil, her curiosity voiced by Ishtar. The thoughts of having even more mana capable people astounded her. From only her own understanding, Kanoe and herself were the only ones in the school, but then again, the mage didn't really go into if there were or not . . . Only describing that the chances were slim to learn anything at all for people. It had seemed to take forever just to get her mana sight as easily as she did recently.

But woe and regret came through his voice as he mention the few users back in his school. Perhaps not all were meant to learn the arts?

"Well . . . Would this count as a special occasion? A rarity of any of us meeting on this very night together?" she asked shifting her feet on the black heels.

~~~~~~~
DBZ parody

Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:17 pm

Seraph offered a slight smile to the two students. While I will be amongst the first to admit that this occasion is special, even if I hadn't met you both, there is a difference between special and very special. Very special occasions are ones where I feel intimately comfortable with my companions. Well the other use is when a student breaks the rules one to many times, or uses magic to do so. But I am burdening you both with my own troubles, please forgive me for it.

As he talked Seraph was considering just what magic he would use that would fit his disguise, while he had a massive range of magic to call on he needed to make it realistic, and believable. Something he could have learnt in a little over 20 years of life. A number of options presented themselves, to many in fact. For the moment he left his magic as an unknown, he would decide how much to use when he used it. Until then he would stop worrying about it.

Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:57 am
Profile YIM

Don't worry about it. You have to do your job as student captain. Ishtar smiled as she decided to press on with a happier topic. Well, we should really dwell on it. After all we are at the prom. We should really enjoy our time with here, the three of us. So Narissa how well do you dance? Ishtar was surprised to find another magic user on campus and wanted to learn a bit more about Narissa.

Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:08 am

Narissa decided she'd rather not press the potential for a heated discussion . . It wasn't the reason why she came here tonight. It was because she wanted the fun, the relaxing atmosphere of the prom and perhaps snag a drink of the alcoholic punch . . . She never drank before and yet she was curious about how strong her constitution was with it. Of course she'd never say it aloud.

"Well, Ishtar, I ended up needing lessons when I was younger . . . And people asking if I got my money back." She had long come to terms with her two left feet. Sure, she could probably blame not being used to the boots and the heels, but she actually didn't dance as eye-bleedingly with them.

"I've only just gotten decent on my feet. But the show you two put on could have made me a green mage," she laughed easily enough to show she harbored nothing ill towards their own skills. She'd stick with book smart.

~~~~~~~
DBZ parody

Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:12 pm

When Narissa mentioned that she was not a good dancer a sly smile appeared on Seraph's face. Perhaps the problem was the teacher, not the student. Would you give me the chance to see just how good you are for myself? I'm sure Ishtar wouldn't mind holding your staff for you while we dance. Although his words were phrased as a question he had rested his sword on the ground and gently took the staff from Narissa and handed it to Ishtar. With their 'props' out of the way Seraph led her back onto the dance floor and started to dance.

Of course Seraph had seen how much trouble she had dancing with the other 'student' earlier, and his intention of this dance was to create a little jealousy in Ishtar. To make her want to be the one he was dancing with. To that end it wouldn't do for Narrisa to simply be a average, or even a good dancer. She needed to be able to match his own skills, and since she didn't have the natural talent Seraph would have to provide magic to aid her.

As the two started to move Seraph lead the pair, and whispered advice to lead her through each movement. His hands also moved in ways that would not normally be part of the dance as he guided her body into the proper positions. Each word of advice was underlined with a spell, and as it built up Narissa would find herself dancing improving at a rapid rate. She would find that moving in her shoes was becoming easier and easier. Seraph's spell was subtle enough that even if Narissa turned on her mana sight she would see no trace of it. The hands guiding her also reinforced the spell, but also gave him an excuse to touch and push the soft flesh of her ass on occasion. In fact whenever he could use that part of her body to guide her he choose it over any other part.

He continued to pay attention to Ishtar of course, but as his eyes never left Narissa's it would appear that he was focusing purely on her.

Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:39 pm
Profile YIM

No sooner had Ishtar held Narissa's staff, did Narissa and Seratil move out for the dance floor. Ishtar watched as the two prepared to dance. She wondered how good a dancer Narrisa was really.

At first Narissa appeared to be exactly the dancer, she had predicted. A competent dancer, but nothing extraordinary. Then in front of Ishtar's own eyes, Narissa's dancing suddenly improve, then improve again, then improve again. It took everything ounce of willpower she had, to keep from looking slackjawed at her rival.

She can cast better magic and apparently is a natural dancer too. Was there nothing, the ebony wonder couldn't do. Ishtar realized how much she was the underdog in this battle for the knight's heart.

Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:43 am

Narissa's first steps were stumbling, just barely findin the balance to keep on her feet. 'Well, I warned him.' Inwardly, she winced, but it seemed the knight would not have her flounder around needlessly or constantly looking down at he footing in fear of stepping on him.

Through the music of the DJ and chattering of the other students, Narissa heard his words spoken to her as they began twirling around. His hands guiding her as much as his words while he lead her around the dancefloor. Soon, attempting to take in his words, Narissa felt her faults, slowly yet surely, diminishing from her form as they danced.

"Wow . . .I'm doing it," she said breathlessly as she risked looking away from her feet to smile at Seratil. Her movements had become more confident when it felt as natural as walking to her, she could begin to enjoy it with him without any fear of making a jestor of herself. "You really are a good teacher, Seratil." To say she wasn't thanful would be a complete lie as she glided with him, unaware to exactly what she was doing to another blue haired mage right behind her.

~~~~~~~
DBZ parody

Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:24 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next