View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Proving Ground (Red-Eye) 

Post Proving Ground (Red-Eye)
'Virgin' Queen Ssrathi of the Gattiri Hive Cluster couldn't help but shiver in anticipation, her spear held behind her with one hand with the haft resting on her armoured rump, the bone shaft resting partly against the silky smooth skin of her back and the armour plating that marked where her brief humanoid appearance ended. She looked out of the gate into the arena, feet shifting as she moved from side to side as she moved back and forth on the tightly packed sand that formed the arena floor. No obstructions or terrain, just the walls creating a massive circle, and that sand. She wanted to get used to how it felt under her feet, how it shifted and moved as she put her weight on it. It was unfortunate that she couldn't practice her charge, but it was a simple enough exercise in scaling to estimate the effect. Well, simple for her. Most beings wouldn't stand a hope in working out such a thing in such a short period of time. But most beings weren't designed to think for thousands of minds and perceptions, to guide and control them over extreme distances. Ssrathi was.

She deliberately knew nothing about her opponent, other than the obvious that she was good looking, and probably knew how to fight. She had wanted a challenge, to have to assess her opponent on the fly and judge capabilities. The battle would be far more fun if she had to work for it than if she could already plan ahead. That may of been the wiser course of action, but Ssrathi was a Virgin Queen, and to her proving herself was far more important than an easy victory. And if she wanted to prove herself she had to face the possibility of being defeated.

As she heard the announcer working the crowd, all of them humans, she flexed, knowing that the gate itself would open soon. When it did she and her opponent would get the first look at each other. And than the battle would begin. Ssrathi trembled again for a moment from the excitement, hearing the roar of the crowd and a part of her was almost lost in the energy that she could feel rolling out from them.

This was going to be fun.

For a list of my chars go to here

I'm always up for a scene (well unless I'm already flat out of course) and don't hesitate to pm me if you would be interested in one

This is the Arena Monster character of Seraph, and if you need any help with Arena matters (including questions, arena Monster/Gladiatrix character concepts you want a sounding board for, or help developing) feel free to send me (on this account or Seraph) a pm.

Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:24 am

Post Re: Proving Ground (Red-Eye)
It was becoming a busy week in the Arena for the Gladiatrix Red-Eye. She had just had a match yesterday and now word had come down to her in her solitary cell that she was to have another match today. Not that she cared much really, It was always entertaining to have another alien volunteer to get itself smashed into tiny bits. Due to the opponent's request she was given no information on today's opponent and apparently her opponent wanted no information on her.

And so it was as Red-Eye waited in the waiting area for the Gladiatrixes, toes curling in the edge of the sand that made up the arena floor, with heavy hammer bouncing against her shoulder as she listened to the roar of the crowd and the announcer's voice as he whipped the crowd into a frenzy for the start of the match. And finally it was time as the announcer bellowed And today's Gladiatrix, Red-Eye faces.... Afterwards she payed no attention to his voice as the gates began to rumble letting the two combatants into the arena...

Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:37 am

Post Re: Proving Ground (Red-Eye)
Ssrathi hissed in impatience as the gate slid up slowly, wanting to get started. But the gate's rising was slow, designed to build anticipation for the crowd ... and from the emotions she could feel from the crowd it was working. They had recently seen a fight with Red-Eye, and they wanted more. And Ssrathi was definitely going to give it to them. As the gate lifted up she stepped out onto the arena she sized up the human who was her opponent, her spear flicking out from its 'at rest' position against her back to be held loosely at her side. As she advanced her antenna twitched, that bone haft idly being spun by one hand as she sized up the human. That hammer was massive, and the weight of such a weapon being wielded so, for lack of a better word, gracefully, warned of immense strength in the human.

Already Ssrathi's mind was identifying her foes capabilities, senses ignoring and filtering out the crowd. Their eagerness and anticipation had been bombarding her before, but now that she had something to focus on it was simply to ignore it. Ssrathi came to a stop a full 6' away from the human, and remained silent. She knew how easy she fell for taunts and jibes, and didn't usually engage in them herself. More often than not that would cause her opponent to return the 'favour', and it would be far easier for them to find the buttons that pissed Ssrathi off and made her lose control than it would be for Ssrathi to find the humans.

She remained perfectly still, that spinning spear coming to a stop. The shaft ran along the back of her arm, pointing straight out the side. She was ready, and waiting for the signal to start as the crowd was worked over one last time by the announcer, trying to worm some last minute bets out from them.

For a list of my chars go to here

I'm always up for a scene (well unless I'm already flat out of course) and don't hesitate to pm me if you would be interested in one

This is the Arena Monster character of Seraph, and if you need any help with Arena matters (including questions, arena Monster/Gladiatrix character concepts you want a sounding board for, or help developing) feel free to send me (on this account or Seraph) a pm.

Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:09 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]