View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Cataclysmic apocalypse time? 

Post Re: Cataclysmic apocalypse time?
As the board's resident Catholic, I always laugh and am annoyed whenever Christians make doomsday predictions. Especially when they are ministers. No matter what else the Bible tells them, it clearly tells them that they will not know when the End comes.

If you'll forgive a brief quote to make my point...
1 Thessalonians 5:2-4 for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. 3 While people are saying, "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape. 4 But you, brothers, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief.

So a Christian saying that such and such date is the end of the world is the same as saying on April 14, 2013 at 11:37 PM a thief is going to break into my house.

All End of the World predictions annoy me. Such predictions from Christians aggravate me to no end.

Just ignore any such prediction from a Christian as said prediction proves that he or she doesn't know what she's talking about. (Although it does make for a good premise for a scary movie.)

If you would like to punish me, send me a PM.

Hitomi - A party girl in for the shock of her life.
[A Bala production]
Links to Character Profiles found here.

Mon May 23, 2011 1:30 pm

And that's why we like to leave religion off the boards.

No one ever comes out ahead.

Now on Discord, flarecobra#8525

Mon May 23, 2011 11:00 pm
Profile WWW

That and politics.

Back to the original topic, I don't think that there is much chance of a world changing event in the next fifty years. If one were to happen, I imagine it would be a virus/plague spread like Outbreak or Twelve Monkeys. But we all know that Madagascar will escape unscathed. If you worry about such things, move there. :D

Bala - Hindi Girl (Student) ; Hitomi - Basement Queen (Student) ; Anagopt - Web Star (Student) ; Quagga - Zebra Girl (SFA) ; Keefa - (Gladiatrix) ; Gambo - Zombie (Monster) ; Fluffy - Pirate!! (SFA)

Author of the 1500th post in the original ~Corrupt a Wish~ thread in Trivial Pursuits. (1899 posts)
Author of the 1500th post in the second The Banned Game! thread in Trivial Pursuits.
=========+=====

Tue May 24, 2011 12:32 am

Or The Stand. But we'll have to remove the overt biblical referances for Madison. :P

N.I.C.E.'s list of Oozekar's encounters

PM me if your interested in an RP. Oozekar is always hungry!

Tue May 24, 2011 4:47 am

Huh. That doomsday prediction didn't come that long after I started this thread. Is anybody else thinking of Jung's collective unconscious and the cultural gestalt? I guess the prevalence of apocalyptic thoughts in modern society is proven. O.O

Send a PM anytime you feel like an RP with Natsuki. She's not shy!

Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:05 pm
Profile YIM

Ah. I should have expected this thread. What is it with us mortals and our fascination with death? Not just that either, but all of our deaths at once? It's like... We want to die. As a team.

Feel free to PM me any time if you want to start an RP. I'm always looking for RP's to do now or in the future!

This is Commander Maylie (Shepard?), and this is my favorite forum on the internet (Citadel?).

Always take the road less traveled. More fun that way. And apparently, it makes all the difference too.

Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:35 am

No its not that Maylie, more like this. If I’m going to die, might as well take the rest with me, that way we aren’t alone.

Calidare Art Gallery

Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:53 pm
Profile YIM WWW

I know. Just messing with you guys. =)

Besides, I've always had a penchant for large amount of destruction (because small amounts don't do it justice)

Feel free to PM me any time if you want to start an RP. I'm always looking for RP's to do now or in the future!

This is Commander Maylie (Shepard?), and this is my favorite forum on the internet (Citadel?).

Always take the road less traveled. More fun that way. And apparently, it makes all the difference too.

Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:02 pm

Personally my fingers are crossed for the zombie outbreak, but I won't hold my breath :cry:

But in all seriousness people have predicted catastrophe for the entirety of written human history and probably long since before that. If there is one thing life teaches us all is that it is unpredictable. So the world probably won't end in the next 50 years, but I can pretty much guarantee something bad will happen.

Am currently seeking students for threads. Send me a message if you're interested. Am always open to ideas and messages.

Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:14 am

OH YEAH. ZOMBIEPOCALYPSE HERE I COME!

Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:43 am

Zombie apocalypse seems like one of the best options for the End of the World. Unless you're one of those unfortunate souls who is devoured by monsters before becoming one.

Send a PM anytime you feel like an RP with Natsuki. She's not shy!

Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:36 pm
Profile YIM

A zombie apocalypse would only separate the nerds from the non-nerds, as all the nerds would be familiar with the zombie lore, and thus avoid making all the mistakes seen in the movies.

The Shokushu Pixies

Striktor, undead pirate.

Astrid, red scarf of the Tramps.

Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:42 pm
Profile YIM

Well, they DID say nerds shall take over the world one day.

Now on Discord, flarecobra#8525

Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:03 am
Profile WWW

Cool! So I do get a chance to take over the world!

Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:02 am
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2