View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 5:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Aridianu 

Post Aridianu
Name: Aridianu

Race: Slime? (He's unsure exactly what he is, however, his transformative powers revert him into a slime like state when changing)

Age: 18 (Actually, hundreds of years old, he lost count around 200 so he's just been saying 18 whenever asked since then)

Forms: Human (Spends the majority of his time in this form, for multiple reasons), pure slime, whatever he wants to change into at the time

Slime Colour: Blueish, practically transparent when combined with water

Height: Human Form: 6ft

Weight: Human Form: 10 stone

Eye Colour: Red

Hair Colour: Snow White

Body Build: Slim

Wings: (Only when he transforms his shoulder blades, they're feathery and white) Wingspan: 5ft

Cock Size: Human Form: No actual size due to the ability to change at will. Slime: N/A

Motivation: Believes Shokushu is a strange place with many mysteries, wants to investigate, however keeps getting distracted

Personality: Curious, generally gentle and kind when you actually get to talk to him (Could be a ruse, who knows). Can be VERY nasty at times when he gets angry.

Human Form Description: A fairly tall, slim male with messy, snow white hair and red eyes. His skin is pretty pale in comparison to other people's. He wears black boots, a black leather jacket and black jeans. Looking at him, you could call him weedy and looks like nothing of a threat.

Abilities:
Tansformation
Able to transform any part of his body into almost anything he wants. Almost.

Illusions (see illusion notes for more details)
Also has the ability to cast very believeable illusions, his human form being one, without the illusion all he is is a faceless humanoid slime. Note that this particular illusion effects him too and he's not entirely sure why.

Secretion of toxins
Stronger illusions may be placed upon someone, ones that become a reality of sorts for the victim, however, he needs to touch them first, which may have something to do with the fact when he touches someone, he can inject a sort of secretion into their system. Another secretion allows him to temporarily paralyze someone for 10-15 seconds, generally enough time for him to grab them. Also, due to being made of a slimish substance, he is able to split himself into multiple parts and control each part separately.

Likes: Good food, swimsuits, pajamas, sweet smelling things, sleeping

Dislikes: Stuck up people, being woken up, loud noises

Weaknesses: Loud noises

History: Originally, he thought he was human, due to growing up for his first 50 or so years in a human settlement, his illusion adjusting itself through the time of growing up, he himself, knowing nothing of what he was unconciously projecting. He lead a fairly normal "human" life there, although he never really took any interest in any of the other humans. Later, after a freak accident where he found out he wasn't actually a human (He wished really hard for an awesome looking blade like his neighbour had, his want for it triggered a transformation in his arm, changing it into a blade, right in the middle of a crowd), he was forced to flee. Spending time alone in a cave in the mountains in the local area, he attempted to make it happen again, he succeeded. From then on he worked on training his ability so he could use it at will. After he was satisfied at the results, he left, to go in search of those like him. The first being he met that wasn't human, took an instant dislike to him and being the powerful illusionist they were, caught him in an illusion that was meant to hold him for eternity. To the illusionist's surprise, Aridianu managed to turn the illusion back on its owner. Completely unsure on what he just did, he sought a place to learn about illusions. Finally, he found a school of magic that held illusions lessons. At first, he was turned away because he was told he had no talent for being an illusionist, however the school's principal himself allowed Aridianu in, being the only one in the school that could see through Aridianu's unconcious human form illusion. After studying for many years, he finally learnt how to change the human form illusion at will and began developing ways to introduce more potent illusions, finally settling on being able to secrete a powerful illusion inducing drug.

Extras: In character he stays in his human "form" for the majority of his time due to the face he was raised like one, it pleases him and it lets him blend in with other people. However, you're probably actually more likely to see scenes of him out of human form.
Sometimes tries being funny, fails miserably.

Illusion Notes: His actual non-drug illusions are... severely limited. There's his human form, which without his illusions would just be a blue humanoid shape. He himself cannot show colour on his body, so he employs his body to refract light, which fools the senses into believeing there are colours there. This was unconciously done at first, but now he can control it, he himself is affected by it and sees his "colours".
He employs the illusions in his own way, illusion is the art of fooling the senses into seeing, feeling, smelling, tasting or hearing something that is not isn't it? (If memory serves me right).
Most of his illusions involve him splitting off parts of his body and using them to refract light to change their colour and appearance. Say for example, he can make a part look like a tree, but that is only the perception of the viewer, in reality, he has just taken a small tree shape.
And I suppose you could call the drug he secretes a hallucinogen then. Since that's what it does, coupled with his ability to change, makes everything seem all the more real.

Phew. There's that written out, now, do I have to wait for admin approval or something? Looked at the rules but didn't find anything specific about it. That and C&C is welcome, especially if there's things pointed out that could do with improving (First time doing this sort of thing). And now I shall be off and check again quite a bit later to see about the approval/C&C.

Last edited by Aridianu on Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:56 am

Post Re: Aridianu
Hmm, well... One thing for sure, he's not gonna like Lujuria. Dude is stuck up beyond belief. Just ask some of the girls. :D

Ahem. Welcome to Shokushu, in any case! You don't need to wait for approval, actually. Feel free to start talking to people and set up threads, man. If there's any problems, the admins or mods will be sure to point them out, and all you need to do is do a bit of editing, that's it. Otherwise, you're good to go, Arid!

:D Here's a complimentary potato.

Edit: Incidentally, after taking a second, more closer, look at your slime monster...

I think you should be aware of a few inconsistencies. For starters, he seems to be... slightly all over the place. I mean, slime monsters are cool. -nods- Very cool, actually. Just look at Madison. :D The human form thing and being a shape shifter, makes sense. The part about him being an illusionist as well... Seems out of place, to be honest. I mean, you could certainly use that, but as a slime monster, wouldn't it be more consistent to use secretions to cause hallucinogenics, make them see stuff instead No reason you couldn't dictate what they see. No problem with him staying in human form most of the time either, just be sure to mind the rule about not using it all the time. There have been monsters who did that. -nods- Ruins the whole theme and all.

Nothing wrong with being versatile, man. Just... it generally works better if it all flows together perfectly, instead of seeming like... Well, a Mr. Potato monster. :D

Don't take any of my remarks as an offense, though. I do like what you got, and I'd like to see more monsters around as well, so these are just my opinion. Use them or ignore them, whatever. -shrugs- Just figured I'd save mods the time. -nods-

Last edited by Forny on Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:02 am

Huh. Another slime.

Now on Discord, flarecobra#8525

Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:07 am
Profile WWW

Thanks for the welcome and the criticism Forny
*Munches potato*
And that

His actual illusions are... severely limited. There's his human form, which without his illusions would just be a blue humanoid shape. He himself cannot show colour on his body, so he employs his body to refract light, which fools the senses into believeing there are colours there. This was unconciously done at first, but now he can control it, he himself is affected by it and sees his "colours".
He employs the illusions in his own way, illusion is the art of fooling the senses into seeing, feeling, smelling, tasting or hearing something that is not isn't it? (If memory serves me right).
Most of his illusions involve him splitting off parts of his body and using them to refract light to change their colour and appearance. Say for example, he can make a part look like a tree, but that is only the perception of the viewer, in reality, he has just taken a small tree shape.
And I suppose you could call the drug he secretes a hallucinogen then. Since that's what it does, coupled with his ability to change, makes everything seem all the more real.

Really, I should have added the above last night but I was tired and couldn't write anymore. So yeah. It's there now. I guess this is a little more acceptable for an explanation of his abilities?

Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:16 am

Welcome aboard! Good to see more monsters here :)

The Shokushu Pixies

Striktor, undead pirate.

Astrid, red scarf of the Tramps.

Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:36 pm
Profile YIM

I'm actually just a little concerned with words like "gentle and kind" but you gave an inclination that it could be a ploy. Also, you mentioned quite a bit that he primarily stays in human form. Forny mentioned this briefly, but just wanted to reiterate that a monster should split his human/monster forms MAYBE 5% human 95% monster. It's fine to be used as a lure but were basically trying to avoid "gentle and kind" human boy and girl encounters as it strays from the theme.

After re-reading I just want to make sure I understand the illusionary capabilities.

Normally, Aridianu is a blue, slime-creature, humanoid form. Due to his illusions, he projects color and pigment as well as any other details that make him "appear" human? I believe I read something about a chemical secretion in there somewhere as well.

My suggestion: Keep it simple. He CAN be a slime monster with illusionary capablities Or a slime monster with neurotoxins or what have you, either way works. I'd just like it to be clearly stated for potential partners of yours ;]

Good work, enjoy your stay.

Thank you Naoko for the Sig, you are my heroine <3
.oOo. Nasty, Evil, Wicked and Mean .oOo.

~*^ Shai's Lament ^*~

Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:11 pm
Profile YIM

-nods- I have to agree with Shai here. It's always a great idea to stay as consistent as possible around a central idea or theme, and add things to it that help strengthen the theme. Plus, the whole gentle thing isn't really in keeping with the site theme. -nods- It works if you're using it as a way to lure in girls, but being that way most of the time? Well, monsters aren't really all that civil, right? Using it as a ploy, though, very nice idea. -nods- I'd probably go into that a bit, though.

Otherwise, you've made improvements. :D

And hey, Shai! Good to see you around again! :lol:

Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:37 pm

Yup Shai, you've got it pretty much right. Humanoid form (without details or colours, just pure blue) with the details/colours projected over it.
There were two secretions actually, one which made the subject more susceptible to the "illusions" he produces and the second was temporary paralysis as a means of capturing victims, should he be feeling rather lazy and not up to the task of splitting himself to make use of his "illusions"

Gentle and kind, hrmm. It's really half half I'd say. Gentle and kind in the way that if he'd see someone trip over, he'd go see if they're alright and help them up (Not mentioning what he does AFTER, which isn't as gentle and kind XD) or you know, not kick a puppy to the moon. So in that sense, yes he is gentle and kind, however, that also would allow him to get closer to potential targets. Doesn't stopping him from going ravenous monster all over anyone who catches his eyes.

As for the whole 5% human/95% monster thing, I already mentioned it up in the first post. While yes, it says he is in the human form the majority of his time (Just as a bit of character flavour) it does not necessarily hold true for the RP you will see.

Sorry if I confused anyone with anything there (Totally has a bad sense for things that need clarifying).

Also, thank ye for the welcomes <3

Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:13 am

Aridianu wrote:

Abilities: Able to transform any part of his body into almost anything he wants. Almost. Also has the ability to cast very believeable illusions, his human form being one, without the illusion all he is is a faceless humanoid slime. Note that this particular illusion effects him too and he's not entirely sure why. Stronger illusions may be placed upon someone, ones that become a reality of sorts for the victim, however, he needs to touch them first, which may have something to
do with the fact when he touches someone, he can inject a sort of secretion into their system. Another secretion allows him to temporarily paralyze someone for 10-15 seconds, generally enough time for him to grab them. Also, due to being made of a slimish substance, he is able to split himself into multiple parts and control each part separately.

I'd like to suggest maybe breaking up the abilities so they're a bit easier to understand.

Shapeshifting: Aridianu has the capability of transforming any part of his body into any shape he wants.

Illusion: Aridianu can project illusions on his targets. The illusions may vary in strength from simple glamour ex: His limbs appearing to take the form of a tree, ordinary objects in order to lure them in, to much stronger illusions in which his targets perceive the illusions to become a part of their reality.

Toxins: Often used in conjecture with his illusions, the toxins he secretes may enhance the illusionary effect he has on the victim, as well as paralysis capability for 10-15 seconds depending on dosage, in order for him to subdue his victims.

Something along those lines may help quell some of the confusion, I hope I've helped ;]

Thank you Naoko for the Sig, you are my heroine <3
.oOo. Nasty, Evil, Wicked and Mean .oOo.

~*^ Shai's Lament ^*~

Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:22 am
Profile YIM

Updated the profile layout a bit, bolded section headers, for abilities, each ability has a subheader in italic (Would be so much easier and cleaner with spoiler tags, but oh well)

Thanks for the help =)

Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:14 pm

You don't have to wait for approval from either mods or admins, actually. It's more like, if there's a problem with your profile, they'll point it out for you to edit, but otherwise... Feel free to start roleplaying!

Oh, and your profile is looking excellent now! :D Nice job, bro.

Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:19 pm

Hmmm. Any tips on starting a roleplay? Cos I already started one and it seems that how I did it wasn't the best way, opened an open thread in the Dorms, seems to be no interest, so I figure there's a different way to go about doing it that's better?

Heheh, thanks, but it's only looking as good as it does cos of the good suggestions of how to separate it and stuff ^_^

Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:28 pm

Well, Arid.

You certainly can make an open thread. But the problem around here is that the general opinion is... Open threads generally fall apart quickly. Most members at this point prefer to discuss a bit, see if they can put together a plot, one that'll help the story move along. Funnily enough, in a site that's pretty much all about sex, a bit of story goes a long way.

Best piece of advice you'll ever hear from me. -nods- Well, second best piece. Do be a gentleman and make sure to find out what your partners are interested in. :D

Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]