View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 5:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Investigative Compound Organism... 

Post Investigative Compound Organism...
Bio to come after this; just wanted to note that this is very rough and some parts may be edited or filled out. Hope this guy at all interesting or fun to people, he's certainly... different, and so I was chewing on whether to use this particular fellow at all or not.

If people find it stupid or loatheful, I can always change things... if there is information or things missing here (likely), I'll try and notice and edit later.

(and yes... I used lowercases in my Id because it's easier to type; I didn't expect to have to have the same 'display name' as my login >_<)

Last edited by isometricmayhem on Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:46 am
Profile YIM

Post Investigative Compound Organism!
Icosagon, or Ico

The cosmos. Near-infinitely vast, holding infinite mystery. Life. Near-infinitely complex, hiding nearly-infinite possibilities. Icosagon knew this well. His power, his only ~real~ power, was the ability to manipulate it. Change it. Shape it. His skill and capability for such was both precise and powerful... but it was never power he was interested in.

Life, however, was complex. And that -was- his interest. Complexity of thought, of minds, of life and histories. Of learning about the stories, sciences, cultures, and events of the vast universe, of all the life within it, and all the minds.

Impossible to achieve, of course, but it was his interest nontheless. That... and answers.

His beginning, as far as he remembered it, left him with more questions than answers. He awakened on a rock, an asteroid somewhere, with only the dim awareness that he had memories at one point... but then he was just a small, tentacular sprout. His mass, and the memory it contained, was largely destroyed, found burnt to a crisp and utterly useless. Vague memories of fire and plasma remained, but the sprout had no understanding of who or what it was, or where it came from. There, it slowly absorbed microscopic lifeforms, consumed minerals off the surface of the rock... and waited.

When an ADD scout ship came to orbit the asteroid for repairs, instinct and half-faded memories drove him to stick to it. Hidden on the surface, he slowly manipulated the raw matter... the first ral use of his power was the most difficult for him; he could easily shape himself, and somewhat shape the lifeforms he would eventually encounter... while he could manipulate other structures, it took him time. A week, actually, to slowly push his matter into the structure of the ship, and then through the bulkhead. But there... he secretly, quietly, observed the agents operating the vessel, fed off the stores of food quietly, and learned.

Icosagon, unfortunately for the agents, wasn't a truly compassionate being, and after his tentacle began to regrow enough, and he had learned considerable amounts... he ambushed the agent in her very bed. Observing records, videos, and data that the agent had reviewed between missions had informed the creature on many... techniques for gathering genetic information, and while invasive (quite invasive), he also remembered from what he observed how to make the two agents he found quite... 'comfortable' with the experience.

It became a new game for him, one he began to quickly enjoy. Not the physicality of it (well, not entirely), but the interrogation and twisting of their minds, stressing their bodies to see how much he could pleasure them before they'd collapse... he stopped only when he had fucked them into such a stupor that he began to worry they wouldn't fully recover. Taking the time to nurse them back to mental and physical health, he learned how to operate the ship, and directly began to use the ships' systems to learn more.

To learn about human culture, language, behavior, and more. When he had questions... he had two subjects right there to learn from. He wouldn't be satisfied until he knew what he should do next; he wanted to explore and learn, just like a child... and also discover what he was, and what he wanted to do. He didn't know what he was, and they didn't seem to either, except in the most general of terms. While he began to be interested (and distracted) in their bodies and minds, he was also learning that he would be in danger there... he couldn't keep them forever.

Steering the ship and concealing it near the asteroid he had found himself, he learned what he could, to find a place that would do three things. A place that would let him safely grow and recover his body, which he sensed was still largely destroyed. A place that let him learn about the humans of this 'ADD', or at least a staging area where he could observe the species before examining the organization... a place where he could learn more... fundamentals... about the universe, chemistry, language, and other things. A place of learning and a center of information. And of course, lastly, a place that would provide a constantly changing place of individuals... where he could learn, harvest genetic information... and as a general rule, enjoy himself.

That place would be Shokushu. Once he learned about it, he began to slowly bring the ship in that direction; sneaking it past ADD patrols, learning a bit about their tactics, and about how they thought. Icosagon spent almost a month with the two unfortunate women, to the point where he was sure they couldn't mentally or physically take more. He wasn't entirely cruel... he began to be all-too fascinated by such things, and he couldn't bare to be the end of them if he could avoid it.

His 'manner of apology' involved more intimate physicality... and whimsical experimentation. He spent some time 'playing' with them as a stange form of 'payment' for their service... and their shuttle. It wasn't hard for him to... "enhance" the agents' statures; fuller, burgeoning breasts, longer and more sensuous legs, more luscious lips, and worry and stress lines melted (almost literally) away. Of course, those forms may have caused a greater 'interest' in them by the monsters they would eventually face... but therein lied Icosagon's forming humor.

He was a bit of a bastard.

Launching them in an escape pod with an emergency transponder, he stole the scout ship and flew to Shokushu. His memory of what they had said, and the data banks of the ship, was surprisingly precise; he could store data and information within himself, encoded in his very cells and genes. Icosagon was beginning to become enamored with this; of learning... advancing his mind with knowledge, and advancing his 'life' by absorbing even genetic codes to pursue his growth... and evolution. And at Shokushu, he would be able to learn, grow, explore, amuse, and chase his evolution... and maybe learn about what he actually is, or what he should do with himself.

And unfortunately for the women of Shokushu, he was very willing to take his time finding those answers...

"So what did you think? Good story?

...Eh, me? What am I like? Uh... well. How's this interview thing work, anyway? It seems... awfully silly. You should keep your day job."
The woman just blinked at him, not saying anything.

"Anyway... I suppose you could say I'm a professor. A studious sort! I like to see how people behave... what they do. People are interesting, y'know? Fascinating creatures... fun to surprise and mess with, too. I like to start by just getting a rise out of people... that way and others."

"I like to be a bother... a pest, you could say, and I tend to change what I want to do at the drop of a hat. Whimsical, mischievous, y'know. Well, I bet you can guess, just from this conversation..."

"People have a lot of layers, though. Once I begin... studying... someone, it's best to be thorough. If you are good, you can... draw them out... make them bring out their deepest strengths. Seeing how long they will last... what tips them over the final edge... it's all very important to examine.

And when they think they've completely given in, finding what can be used to bring them back out, fighting, is also very important! The game must go on, you know..."

"I can be rather bad, but it's not like I'm ~amoral~ or something. 'When in Rome, do as the Romans do.' 'S'kind of expected, I suppose... not an excuse or nothing like that! ...Although it's a bit fun."

"There's a kind of etiquette behind all this, though. I don't think many respect that! You don't wanna damage these girls; they're too precious, you know? You should respect them... at least give a little when you take. Otherwise... it's just rude.."

"...other than that. Guess there's not much to say about how I act. People can guess what I might be up to, and I don't mind sharing whatever reasons... at that particular moment... might be behind whatever little thing I'm doing. About the only thing I can say for sure... I like to play with those I find interesting... especially thoroughly. Poor girls...

Well, however that advances my purposes and goals are for me to know, and for others to find out..."

The shapeshifting freak leaned back with satisfaction, listening to the silent sound of the tape recorder taping his every word. That was a nice start... he had a habit of rambling, but...

He stepped backwards and sighed grandly, his arms sweeping to the side, then swept back inwards in a very visual display. He spoke long enough; it was about time to change tracks...

(An Image Similar To His General Appearance)

As a human, he looked remarkably unassuming. Slight, small, with short sandy-blonde hair and hazel eyes, he looked like the kind of effeminate, shy kid that would be attractive yet unassuming; perhaps he'd have been seen in the libraries, his barely-five-foot stature leaning over a desk and unknowingly ogled by the female students.

That look was belied by the fact that white, writhing tentacles that were extending out of his sleeves and from under his shirt. She remembered that they were smooth and plain when she first saw them; now, they looked a little different than before. Hollow pits near the arrowed-heads of the tentacles were like a vipers'; they had serpent-like mouths as well, and hundreds of tiny wriggling feelers moved about within them...

Frankly, they looked like some perverted mind's sock puppets.

She couldn't see much of them in the dim light, but she remembered they had weird bumps and holes across their lengths, including a ring of bumps at what she would guess is the tentacles' "neck". She hadn't a clue what they were for... Not all of the tentacles were slithering off of him, either. She could see other sinuous shapes in the shadows; she remembered that the tail-ends of each tentacle held a retractable bony hooked spur. Not as sharp as some of Shokushu's beasts' claws, she knew, but sharp enough to get the job done... and the nefarious mouths could also sprout tiny, sharp teeth. To a human, even the thinner, smaller tentacles were dangerous.

And one shadowy form that moved about at the limit of her vision in the darkness, like some horrible anaconda, must have been a foot thick and dozens of feet in length... it was a mercy that the ones so plentiful around him were only a few inches thick or so, and maybe twenty feet in length at best... some were even shorter than an arm and as thin as a finger. Of course, it was hard to tell anything about this one's appearance; his shape was fluid and could change on a whim, and she had even seen tentacles form, gather, and split apart into numerous others as they wished...

"So then, shouldn't we continue this interview?" She blinked, drawn to his almost innocent-seeming eyes, glinting in mischief...

This rewrite is a work in progress; more to come soon

Last edited by isometricmayhem on Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:50 am, edited 15 times in total.

Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:47 am
Profile YIM

mmm. maybe I gave myself too much room to write this up? >_< Or just not evil and interesting enough? T-T

Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:33 pm
Profile YIM

It's far too vague in the description. You might want to change that.

Satsuro, the Darkness

Evangeline, the Alchemist

Lilith, The Harpy

Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:06 pm
Profile YIM

Yeah. I reread it on more than a few hours of sleep and realized how bad it sounded. >_< I'd have waited, but with all the spambots I was getting worried I might get mistaken for one and popped off. :oops:

New one upcoming...

Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:26 am
Profile YIM

Thanks for the advice, and here's something touched up a little and a lot of info just cut (unnecessary, I can describe things like this better while more wakeful ;)). I hope people like him, he should be fun to play.

note to self; the signatures don't like HTML...

Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:57 am
Profile YIM

Tch. Here... I was so focused on trying to describe his eccentric personality, that I didn't focus enough on his description. The fact that he can shapeshift was why it was so terse to begin with, but I did intend to fill it out... >_<

I also had removed a lot of unnecessary descriptions on powers (the gist is good enough for this, I think), and moved his true form description from where it normally would fit in the 'distinguishing features' section to a more visible spot.

Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:37 am
Profile YIM

Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:54 am

LOL. it's not really -that- long... The longest sections basically sum up to two paragraphs at most. Even the history isn't that involved. And that's big, but not when you are struggling to describe an eccentric shapeshifting alien. ;) I cut out about half of my ramblings... my own personal weakness, when I'm describing something from (very spotty) memory. XD

I'm glad you like though; I was really half-asleep before, and Kanoe and Dark_Suzaku helped a fair bit. And thanks for welcoming this alien bugger onto the boards! I was worried he'd fall flat, but I like how his profile's shaped up.

Oh, and if you or anyone has any other suggestions, I don't mind revising this a little more. :)

Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:58 am
Profile YIM

yet another update... this overall is smaller, and I organized it much more fluidly and interestingly than before. I totally rewrote some areas to be more interesting to read (I hope!)

Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:18 am
Profile YIM

I love your description! PM me if you want to get a RP going!

Welcome!

XOXO
Monica

Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:16 pm

One suggestion that I have is this, change it so that all of the abilities affecting other girls are temporary and wear off after a few hours. This way you won't "tangle" with the rules (Cheesy tentacle Joke, I know..)

Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:59 pm

ah! they were supposed to be (primarily), but I see I didn't emphasize that. some more subtler alterations can last a while... but not all. I'll tweak the description, thanks

Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:03 am
Profile YIM

Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]