View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 4:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Aegir 

Post Re: Aegir
Wow. Awesome profile, you clearly put a lot of work into this character. That's awesome, normally, I come up with a background/history and a basic idea of the personality and develop the rest through actual play.

But this is, an incredibly detailed and complex character.

Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:40 am
Profile WWW

Why thank you. Working graveyard shifts I had plenty of time to consider the direction I wanted to take with Aegir. Primarily I wanted a psionic entity that was adaptable and had a reason for being at Shokushu (continued research and getting away from the pesky interference of his own kind).

Furthermore I wanted to make this fictious being a little more real by incorporating historical events into his background so I selected a few examples and drew upon some of the mysteries in our history to further add to his background.

As far as Aegir himself I tried to look at his species and its evolution throughout the ages. Being essentially immortal unless killed I had a lot to cover though I did have some help turning to the familiar octopus. From it I took some abilities, tailored others and added in both vulnerabilties and some evolutionary dead ends through traits/abilities that the species no longer gain any viable use from (though one actually did come up in play as Aegir forcefully severed a severerly injured tentacle).

What I failed to include, however, was one of Aegir's schemes. I simple forgot to go back to edit it into matters thus far. He's a schemer liking to topple minute pieces here and there to set off chain reactions, one being his involvement in triggering World War I. His aim was not to cause that great war but to cause World War III well down the path.

But he needed World War I to touch off World War II which would lead to something instrumental for World War III that being the invention of the A-bomb which he has foreseen being a crucial means for him to make his power play/conquest of earth.

Course that goes beyond the purposes of the boards and was more for fluff/backstory than anything. Can't you tell I get involved in my character creation process :wink:

Aegir's profile
Midori Gemma
full sized image of Aegir

Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:03 am
Profile ICQ

Killer profile and I adore the attention to details. I must admit that upon first glance I cannot process all I am reading at the moment, but rest assured when I am more coherent I will come back and go over it all with a discerning eye.

Thanks for checking mine out.

For you Monsters

Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:00 am
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2