View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Creating your Monster - Advice and Tips 

Post Creating your Monster - Advice and Tips
Creating your Monster – Tips and Advice

Hello, Shai Tanaka here! The beauty about Shokushu is that when it comes to creating a monster, you can literally create whatever your little black heart desires. Though there are some rules and limitations that you must review before you begin the creation process. They are located here: Rules of the Board

Now that you’ve acquainted yourself with the rules of the board, it’s time to create your creepy(or in some instances cute) monster. Below are some things to consider while you’re working on your character.

What kind of Monster is He…or She?
This is where you get to let your imagination run wild. Is your monster a tentacle alien from a distant planet? A wicked mutated abomination constructed in the N.I.C.E. labs? A demon summoned from the depths of hell? Or perhaps he’s a poltergeist that’s been bound to the body of a stuffed teddy bear.

Regardless of what you choose you must keep a few things in mind. You have to determine what you’re going to be comfortable playing. If you’re going to struggle using a plethora of tentacles to manipulate the student you ensnare then it’s probably going to benefit you creating a more humanoid character such as demon or upright two-legged alien beast.

Whatever the case, creativity is always admired here. If you’ve got something original, unique and kind of crazy, then post it!

Tentacles…

I decided to add this in here last minute. It seems that every monster I’ve ever encountered has tentacles. Just because Shokushu means tentacle in Japanese, doesn’t mean your character is required to have tentacles. Admittedly, they do come in handy when you’re attempting to capture your student, but be a little creative if you want! If you’re using a werewolf character, is he REALLY going to have tentacles pop out of his back? Probably not.

Consistency

This is probably the biggest piece of advice I’ve offered to the newcomers that have asked me for help. Consistency is the key to creating a successful character. If you have a character that is all over the place, not only will it turn off potential role play partners, but it makes so much more work for you!

Before you even begin writing you should be thinking about a few things. Where is your character from? What is your character like? Is your character mean, or rude when attacking his victim? What’s your character’s motivation for coming to Shokushu? How old is your character? What are the customs of his or her kind? I think the best way to explain this is by giving you an idea of what not to do. Below is an example of an inconsistent character.

Name: Retsnom
Race: Demon
Type: Gentically Engineered between a panther and a wolf
Place of Birth: N.I.C.E. Labs
Abilities: Retsnom can manipulate water into solid matter. He can also breathe under water.
Personality: He is wise, kind of mean but likes to toy with his prey.

There was little effort given into the above profile, and as you can see it is quite incomplete. Lets identify what exactly is inconsistent about the beginning of this character. The first thing that draws my attention is the fact that he is a demon, and yet he was created in the labs. While this is not impossible, it is highly unlikely and doesn’t quite make sense.

Take a look at what he was genetically engineered with for appearance and then look at his abilities. They don’t quite match up do they? Neither panthers nor wolves can breathe under water, so where did the water abilities come from? The abilities your character has should be related to what kind of creature it is. If your character is genetically engineered then your character should obtain some of the abilities of the creature’s he is engineered with.

Then you take a look at Retsnom’s personality. It is brief and very vague. It doesn’t quite tell you what the character is actually like. Yet there are already some obvious problems. It states he is wise, and yet the character is only 19 years old. How wise can any creature that’s only been alive for 19 years be? Lets suppose the creature is wise at 19 years old, how did he become that way? And what makes him wise?

As I have created several monsters in the past, I find that everything falls into place after I have settled on what type of monster I want to play(see above). I know you may be eager to begin your adventures at Shokushu, but when you’re creating your creature try to keep the same theme or idea, you have to put forth effort and you’ll be surprised at the response you get opposed to a bare minimum profile. Everything has to make sense and fall into place otherwise you’re going to wind up with a character that seems sloppy and incomplete.

What drives your Character?

Is your monster here just to research the human girls? Does he require the sexual energy from the young ladies on the island? Or is he just a sadistic prick that thrives on sexually ravaging the students? What drives your character ultimately decides elements of your character’s personality. If your monster is studious then he or she will probably be adamant about testing new positions, provoking new responses, and have a curious disposition. However, if your monster is on the island for sheer carnal pleasure then they will probably possess a more cocky and uncaring attitude towards the girls. They’re nothing more than sex devices for the monster.

What makes your Character Unique?

Alright, so I’m going to be honest. I’ve seen a good hundred demons come through here (maybe I’m exaggerating a little), about 10 or 15 blobs, maybe 5 or 6 dragons, a couple succubi and incubi. The point I’m trying to make is this. Is it okay to have one of these characters? Absolutely. I have an active Demon Lord Incubus myself, so I’m not innocent in following the cliché.

But if you decide to fall under one of the popular races, what makes your character unique from all the others? Does he have any quirks? Is he slightly maniacal? Is he just flat out dumb? This is where you’re going to have to sit down and think. The difference does not necessarily have to be in what type of demon or blob your character is. It can widely depend on your character’s appearance, your characters mannerisms and personality, his attack and ensnare style and your character’s drive for coming to the island.

Powers

I’m going to offer a small piece of advice that will help you greatly when you’re creating a monster. When most people think up their powers, they’re in this mindset that they have to be offensive and designed to fight against an enemy. While this may come in handy if your character will delve into Vanejin IX, it does you little good on the Campus.

Give your character’s power some versatility that allows them to assist you with your roleplays against your students as well as your roleplays with SFA’s or ADD agents.

Also, realize the implications of your powers as well. If you create a character that has the power to control fire, how can you manipulate that to your advantage on campus? You can possibly trap your student in a ring of fire and proceed to ravage there, but after a while, that power becomes quite useless. You burn things, big deal? Go a step further. Give your character control of magma. That way it allows your character to create structures, torture..er I mean pleasure devices, and cages! By giving your character a small twist, you’ve created a bunch of doorways to help enhance your stay at Shokushu.

Weaknesses

It is important to remember, just because you’re a monster doesn’t mean you don’t have a weakness. Should the occasion arise that you need to battle against an ADD agent, SFA or even another monster, your monster needs to be balanced enough to create a decent scene.

Fantasy VS Reality – Where do you draw the line?

Alright, I understand that this is a hentai themed site. But I’ve ran into some monsters that have had quite an impressive package. You think about what a girl could realistically take when forced on her. Which depending on factors like her height, race and build can be up to around 12-14’’ Here some creature’s are that put something like 6ft cock and then claiming to bury it to the hilt in their victim. All I’m saying is keep it realistic and think of proportions. If your character is 5’8 and has a 6ft wang, that thing’s going to drag against the ground. =/

Physical Descriptions

When creating a character, you should have a concrete idea on what your character looks like. If you do not have a picture to accompany your description, then it will be a bit more difficult to convey the appearance of your monster. With the lack of a picture you have to create one with your words.

This is important for several reasons. Should you forget to describe something in a thread with one of your partners, they can always use your profile to get a general idea of what your character looks like. It also serves as a basis should you forget yourself. If your physical description is lacking, it could and probably will cause confusion in your thread with your student.

When constructing your character’s physical description, you literally have to think of your character from top to bottom. Are there horns? How coarse or soft is the fur? Is there armor? Is your character always in the nude? Is there a tail? What color are the eyes? Are there any distinguishing features? How tall is your character? Does he/she have a muscular frame?

What your character looks like can have a great impact on the response you provoke from the student. If your character is small, cute and seemingly unthreatening then you could potentially lure a student with that cuteness before revealing your real deviant nature. Is your character tall and domineering? That would provoke a more fearful reaction from the student you capture. Keep these things in mind also when you’re coming up with a personality for your creature. If he’s small and cute, perhaps he’s angry because of it. Maybe he has ‘little man’ complex and thinks he’s tougher than he actually is? In any case, a physical description is probably one of the more important aspects of your character. Remember to stay consistent though!

Additional Notes

The biggest part of creating your character is to have fun while you’re doing it. It shouldn’t feel like work or a hassle. In the end, after putting for a little extra effort and thinking outside of the box you’re going to have a character than can advance and have an enjoyable stay on campus!

If there is anyone that would like to offer additional tips and advice in creating a monster, please feel free to post them!

Thank you Naoko for the Sig, you are my heroine <3
.oOo. Nasty, Evil, Wicked and Mean .oOo.

~*^ Shai's Lament ^*~

Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:28 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]