View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 5:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Last of Their Kind: The Silverbeasts 

Post Last of Their Kind: The Silverbeasts
Hey, guys, Ruisetsu here with a new monster idea, since there are some great ADD agents and SFA girls that I'd love to play with! I've been kicking this around for a few weeks now, based on a piece of art I saw: http://www.furaffinity.net/view/2814668/ (My avatar is horrible, I know. But I only have MS Paint on this computer!)

I haven't really seen any concepts like this in the monster section, with a big group rather than just one or two characters, so I hope it works alright! If anybody has any thoughts, I'd love to hear it.

History:

The minor planet Kaburaki was once home to two sentient species. There were the Goldfeathers, a race of stunningly beautiful bird-people, technical geniuses but lacking in imagination. And there were the Silverbeasts, a tribe of fierce warrior poets thought to be evolved from the planet's version of sharks or dolphins. These two species had been at war for longer than any of their people had lived. Neither side could win a truly decisive victory, so they held a sort of bitter equilibrium... until outside forces decided to interfere.

During a period when the Goldfeathers had taken a large swath of territory, the Archanius Alliance contacted the Silverbeasts offering technology and resources. We can only guess at why the Alliance chose to butt in, but the prevailing theory is that they wanted the beautiful Goldfeathers as an easy source of slaves. For a brief time, the Silverbeasts pushed their enemies back across the map. But soon the ADD and other coalitions opposing the Alliance learned of the situation, and they threw in their lot with the Goldfeathers immediately. Between their technology and what the Goldfeathers already had, the tides turned yet again. The Silverbeasts were gradually pushed back entirely, trapped on all sides within their capital city, and the Alliance pulled out, knowing a lost cause when they saw it.

In desperation, the Silverbeast Emperor enacted a plan that had been in the works for several months. In the time the Alliance had worked with them, the race's brightest minds had picked up engineering at a remarkable pace. A squadron of spaceships had been prepared to carry as many of their people away as possible. Each ship had room for thousands of people, with replicators, resources, libraries of the Silverbeast histories and fiction, and even cloning devices and stored Silverbeast DNA for the worst-case scenario. The army launched a final suicidal assault to distract the Goldfeathers from the launch. The citizens filed into the escape ships. And the Helios, a scout ship and fighter with a skeleton crew, blasted out of the atmosphere to chart a course to safety.

Then the unthinkable happened. A rogue general in the Goldfeather army saw the scout ship launch. He panicked and sent an immediate order to bomb the Silverbeasts' city. Before any of the other ships could take off, the bombs were dropped and the entire city was leveled.

The crew of the Helios could only watch in horror. There had been four million Silverbeasts left. Now there were forty. In the span of a second, they had become the last of their race.

The Helios managed to escape, hiding away in the darkest reaches of the galaxy. They had a cloning device taken from the Alliance, and enough DNA to form a stable breeding pool and revitalize their race.... But using the cloning device would draw from their repidly dwindling fuel reserves. They had no resources, and more importantly, they had no planet. The captain of the ship, Kovar, now found he had become the new Emperor by default. His duty was clear: He had to return the Silverbeasts to their former glory.

And so the Helios set out on their mission. The Silverbeasts now travel the galaxy, performing jobs, mostly illegal, to gather money and resources. Their eventual goal is to take Kaburaki back from the Goldfeathers, or failing that, find a new planet suited for their race. They have their talons in the smuggling and slavery rings, and though Kovar doesn't particularly like it, there is nothing he won't do for the revitalization of his race.

Race: Silverbeast
Height: average of 7 feet when standing upright, 4-5 feet when running on all fours
Weight: average around 275 lbs
Eye Color: varying shades of white/very pale blue/green
Skin Color: pale pink with a gray tint
Skin Texture: rubbery and smooth, like a dolphin
Fur? a thin layer over the entire body, with a thick "mane" covering the chest and tufts on the elbows and calves
Fur Color: varying shades of blue-gray
Body Build: highly muscular, slightly endomorphic in some cases
Cock Size: generally in the range of 5 to 10 inches
# of Cocks: 1
Clothing: none, although leaders often wear ceremonial jewelry or other accessories
Special Attributes: very sharp teeth, a slightly prehensile tongue, clawed hands that resemble one large talon when held ready to attack
Capabilities: massive strength, toughness, and a seemingly inborn talent for melee combat
Weaknesses: absolutely no magical, psychic, or otherwise "special" powers
Miscellaneous: Certain "alpha males" have several variations on the above stats: darker fur, thicker manes, and stockier, stronger builds. (See the figure in the background of the picture linked above.) These males are generally considered better suited to leadership positions. In stressful situations a regular Silverbeast can gradually grow into the alpha male form, but it's unknown exactly how that metamorphosis takes place.

That's the basic outline! There are 40 Silverbeasts on the Helios, and different RPs might involve a large group of them or just one or two. Hopefully tomorrow after I catch up to Ruisetsu's RPs, I'll have time to do personality profiles of some of the important Silverbeasts on the ship. Captain/Emperor Kovar, the usual away team, and anybody else I think of.

Again, I'd love to hear what you all think! Good concept? Think it'll work for the ADD forums?

The Silverbeasts / Missions of the Helios
Other accounts: Ruisetsu
I'm always up for adding an RP or two! Just PM me if you're interested. :D

Last edited by The Silverbeasts on Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:29 am

Post Re: Last of Their Kind: The Silverbeasts
Oooooh I quite like them! The multi-character concept would be really interesting to run into repeatedly. Gotta get my SFAs up one of these days...

If you'd like, I could whip up an avatar for you :3

Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:21 am
Profile WWW

I figured responding as Nallia makes more sense than Seraph.

Very interesting (and cool) idea.

If you are interested in trying them out Nallia would enjoy a hunt with them, of course who is hunting who is liable to change at a moments notice :wink:

For a list of my chars go to here

I'm always up for a scene (well unless I'm already flat out of course) and don't hesitate to pm me if you would be interested in one

Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:38 pm

A very nice group of monsters!

These are only intended for space, I understand? Or do some groups drop by Shokushu from time to time?

The Shokushu Pixies

Striktor, undead pirate.

Astrid, red scarf of the Tramps.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:40 pm
Profile YIM

Well, allow me to say that I like the concept of this horde! Kind of remind me of the pixies ;D

Very interesting background, and like their motivation to go around space and wreaking havoc (if asked to). I would like to read more about the special characters the group has, like you mentioned. I think the agents and SFAs won't expect their savage acts coming so close to them.

The mare of your night, there in your darkest hour - Sylvana

SFA---
A cold woman - Sydr Haldar
The blazing huntress - Miria Dyranda

Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:50 pm

mmmmm.... pack hunters....

Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:20 am

Eeeeek... interesting concept, though! Karen definitely doesn't want to have to fight a pack! She's having trouble enough with one on one...

Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:31 am

Thank you all for your kind words! Haven't had as much time to write as I planned, but tomorrow I should be able to finish the Captain's profile, as well as profiles for twin Silverbeasts for Shokushu campus!

Katya wrote:
Oooooh I quite like them! The multi-character concept would be really interesting to run into repeatedly. Gotta get my SFAs up one of these days...

Thanks! I'll look forward to seeing the SFA concepts you come up with.

Katya wrote:
If you'd like, I could whip up an avatar for you :3

Would you? That'd be really great of you! I've never been much good at working with pictures -- it took me forever just to figure out how to shrink what I have here properly.

Nallia wrote:
If you are interested in trying them out Nallia would enjoy a hunt with them, of course who is hunting who is liable to change at a moments notice :wink:

Hahahah, naturally. I want to get more of their details worked out first, but I'll let you know when they're ready to be brought out. :D

PiaM. wrote:
These are only intended for space, I understand? Or do some groups drop by Shokushu from time to time?

Well, the group on the Helios is for space only, but I also have an idea for a separate pair of Silverbeasts who end up stuck on campus. (So at worst, Karen will only have to deal with two of them. I'm sure that's a great comfort to her. :wink: )

Elise Renfroe wrote:
mmmmm.... pack hunters....

And hunting isn't the only thing they do in groups. :twisted:

Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:04 am

Looks good, but for all intents and purposes could you bump the age up to 18-42. I don't want anyone getting the wrong idea ;]

Thank you Naoko for the Sig, you are my heroine <3
.oOo. Nasty, Evil, Wicked and Mean .oOo.

~*^ Shai's Lament ^*~

Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:33 am
Profile YIM

Shai Tanaka wrote:
Looks good, but for all intents and purposes could you bump the age up to 18-42. I don't want anyone getting the wrong idea ;]

Sure thing! You're right, better safe than sorry. #-o

Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:11 am

Profile time! As a note, I've decided that Silverbeast enlistees are given descriptive codenames to use when they enter the military, which they translate into any other languages they learn. This will save me the hassle of making up a bunch of alien-sounding names and then getting them all confused. Which I would.

We'll start with the leader.

Name: Kovar/Redtalon
Age: 38 Kaburaki years (the equivalent of a human's early 50's)
Height: 7'8" upright
Weight: 302 lbs
Fighting Style: Despite his size, in melee combat Redtalon moves very carefully, wasting no energy and waiting as long as he has to for an opportunity.
Motivation: Redtalon has dedicated himself to gathering enough resources to restore his species to life again. Nothing else matters to him. Revenge, however, is not a consideration to him. Most of his crew bear a grudge against the ADD for helping the Goldfeathers, but he recognizes that the escalation began thanks to the Alliance's interference, so he'll work with anyone but ally himself to no one but his race.
Personality: He has a very regal, respectable bearing. He says exactly what he means, every word carefully considered.
Sexual Oddities: He has no interest in women who aren't willing, so he never touches any of the slaves or agents that the Silverbeasts capture. The rest of his crew don't have that problem, and he generally lets them do as they please for the sake of morale.
Clothing: Redtalon doesn't wear the traditional Emperor's headdress, but he does wear a thick silver necklace to signify his status as captain of the Helios. If he has to leave the ship, he wears a belt with a built-in force field generator.
Distinguishing Features: He's one of the "Alpha males" mentioned in the original post.
Behavior: He spends pretty much every waking moment on the bridge, poring over various possible missions to go on, making decisions about the ship's future plans, etc, etc.
Miscellaneous: Everyone on the ship calls him "Emperor Kovar", but he still refers to himself as "Captain Redtalon". He feels he's only filling in until their society can be restored and a real Emperor can be chosen.

And here's the standard away team. Kinda bare-bones, but I figure they'll distinguish themselves as I play them.

Name: Starcall
Stats: 23 yrs / 7'4" / 266 lbs
Specialty: Leadership/Tactics
Personality: He's the no-nonsense leader of the team, always making sure the job gets done.
Fighting Style: He coordinates well with everyone else in the group, coming around to hit distracted enemies from behind.
Distinguishing Features: He usually wears a thin silver necklace to indicate he's leading the away team.

Name: Rockslide
Stats: 20 yrs / 7'1" / 263 lbs
Specialty: Demolitions
Personality: Second in command and sometimes argues with Starcall's judgments. He's a loose cannon, but he gets results!
Fighting Style: When he's not throwing bombs, he's running in and throwing the enemies around.
Distinguishing Features: He's got a few missing patches of fur from past detonations that went awry.

Name: Gearshifter
Stats: 28 yrs / 7' / 258 lbs
Specialty: Engineering/Hacking
Personality: Snarky and sarcastic, but reliable in a crunch.
Fighting Style: He uses a special laser gun modified to be worn on the Silverbeasts' huge clawed hands. Not the melee type.
Distinguishing Features: He's always wearing an informational headpiece over one eye, kinda like Vegeta's scouter.

Name: Treetrunk
Stats: 26 yrs / 7'5" / 281 lbs
Specialty: Combat
Personality: The gentle giant sort, quiet but not stupid.
Fighting Style: He just wades into the fray crushing everything in his path.
Distinguishing Features: There's two reasons he's called Treetrunk. One is his massively muscular barrel chest, and the other is his huge cock.

Name: Quicksand
Stats: 19 yrs / 6'10" / 243 lbs
Specialty: Scouting/Reconnaisance
Personality: Playful and cheerful, always joking around.
Fighting Style: He moves fast and strikes fast, though he's not especially strong for a Silverbeast.
Distinguishing Features: His musculature is a little more wiry than most of his crewmates.

Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:34 am

Cute! :P They deserve their own Saturday Morning Cartoon.

REDTALON AND THE SILVERBEASTS!

Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:40 am

That's... so... disturbing in context...

I'm sure two would be plenty enough for Karen! I'm not sure she'd appreciate the opportunity... but she'll give her best to kick some ass!

...I get the feeling that won't be enough... I'd say she could use the practice... but then what kind of practice are we talking about now? :)

Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:48 am

Elise Renfroe wrote:
Cute! :P They deserve their own Saturday Morning Cartoon.

REDTALON AND THE SILVERBEASTS!

Karen Hinase wrote:
That's... so... disturbing in context...

Yeah, I think that might have to be a late, late Saturday night cartoon instead. :lol:

Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:00 am

What an interesting concept. I am impressed with the work you have done so far! Good job!! I would definitely be in alot of trouble coming into a well organized group such as that team.

Please PM me, if you want to RP a mission with me!

Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]