View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 2:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Gorral 

Post Gorral
Name: Gorral
Race: Unknown Reptilian Species
Place of Birth: egg laid in orbit, hatched on Shokushu Island
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 180lbs
Eye Color: Black
Skin Color: Olive Green*
Skin Texture: Jagged and rough scales around back/top, silky smooth scales on belly and inside of arms/legs
Hair? None
Body Build: Lithe, muscular, narrow waist, wide but lean shoulders.
Tail: A few feet long and scaled.
Wings? Not yet.

Gorral believes he hatched on the Island, having been laid as an egg in orbit, intended to fall onto the Island. He has matured slowly after long repeated cycles of hunting and then hibernation, and throughout this time has been no more than a feral creature with some flashes of pre-natal memory that he currently does not understand.
Only recently has he fully matured and achieved full sentience, and while for now he still acts on instinct he is intelligent and quick to learn so he observes, studying those about him.

Gorral's species feed on meat mainly but this will only sustain them. In order to develop and grow, he must consume the soul energy (scientifically: bioelectrical energy) of living creatures as well as organic matter. From his short time on the Island he has found that humans in a highly emotional state generate large amounts of this vital force and so Gorral has become very interested in stirring them to different states in order to provoke their energies.
He finds that after bouts of consuming soul energies he is able to think clearer and for longer, so that his hibernations have become shorter and shorter. He has begun to observe the humans on the island more and more and has considered approaching them on several occasions - out of curiosity for what energies he can draw from them and what emotions he will feel and provoke.

Gorral is able to survive for a long time under water and in extreme heat, his skin is very hard to cut and his top scales act like armour, though underneath they are much weaker. His scales can change through various shades of greens and greys to give him some camouflage*.
He is built like a sprinter with small claws for climbing and pulling food apart, though he needs to eat frequently since he uses large amounts of energy. He prefers to run on all four legs though he is comfortable moving around upright - it is just possible that in shadows or at a distance he could be mistaken for human, although a look at any of his features would dispel this idea.

NICE
In fact, NICE scientists have had Gorral under close observation for some time. He was tagged shortly after he arrived and collected periodically for experimentation. He has no conscious memory of this, but seeing white lab coats and laboratory conditions again would be bound to trigger something in his mind. As a species born to roam the wilds, he has been extremely frenzied in captivity.

The experiments discovered how Gorral has collected soul energies from species he has interacted with, but are unsure of the mechanism he uses to transfer them. What is clear is that as he metabolises the energy, his body undergoes slow transformation - the rudiments of wings have appeared in his decades on the island, his eyes and skin have developed.
This is not maturing or growing, but rather a kind of evolution, as his DNA coding changes and responds to environmental conditions. This means it is very likely he will become a different creature to his parent(s).
The scientists found the process his metabolism uses and managed to siphon off most of these energies to prevent further transformation, even managing to collect and store some for further investigation. Though they remain observant and intrigued by what other changes will occur, it has become steadily harder to track and capture Gorral as he grows older - he has removed his tag and now is much more careful where he sleeps and eats.

More to be added as Gorral matures and develops, and learns about himself...

Last edited by Gorral on Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:26 am, edited 12 times in total.

Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:50 pm

Post Re: Gorral
Shokushu isn't on Earth for one. Nor are there any Monsters on Earth.

Second, ALL characters must be 18 or over. Doesn't matter if it's human or non-human.

Now on Discord, flarecobra#8525

Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:47 am
Profile WWW

... Ok, 6 feet 2... muscler build... and he only weighs 80 lbs? That's not right at all.

Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:30 am
Profile WWW

You got a good start here, Gorral!

Apart from the post above that Madison made, it's a decent monster. My best advice to you for now, good sir, would be to try and flesh him out a bit more. The devil is in the details, and all that, yeah. I mean, you put his age down as unknown. That's fine, really. As long as it's still not under 18. But... Even then, it's still a bit difficult to see him being more than 18 years older and still having only pre-natal memories. I'd suggest coming up with some sort of excuse such as... Say, he was kept in stasis, unable to move or think or anything, by... NICE Labs, maybe?

That way, you can keep the whole 'instincts' thing, which is always a very cool touch, and you get to fill in more information on him, stuff that NICE scientists might have learned about him but that he hasn't discovered for himself. :D

But once again, excellent start so far, Gorral!

Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:35 am

Well the question I have is: how do you age a creature hatched from an egg? I want to age him from when he was "laid". I wanted to say he spent a couple of decades growing in his shell and only recently hatched. Is that acceptable or does that put him under 18 in your definition? Because (from his description) you can see I have him as fully physically mature.
Otherwise, as you say, I will have to come up with an excuse.

I'm quite interested to play him and see how his personality develops. I don't really what to put that down yet as it might not come out quite the same way. But let me know how much of his background and species-specific stuff is necessary and I will go into more detail.

Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:43 am

They're typically aged from when they hatch.

Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:51 am
Profile WWW

OK, I added the missing 100 lbs and added some more background. Age changed to around 30 years to give some definite idea.

Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:55 am

Here's an idea.

Why not have him be... Like, recently hatched when some sort of event occurs that ends up getting him buried or trapped somehow, and have it be an unique ability for his race to undergo hibernation or something similar to that. That way, he could have ended up inside a meteor, dormant and asleep, his body still growing but not as large as he would have been if he was awake and eating. By the time he wakes up, he's on the Island and is catching up on lost time and only has his instincts to go by?

Just off the top of my head.

Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:59 am

Yes I like that. Are there any volcanoes on the island? Or large lakes?

Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:01 am

I would have to say... Nope, there aren't.

Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:03 am

No volcanoes.

Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:08 am
Profile WWW

ok thanks for the help, I've finished it up in a way that fits and feels rights.

Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:18 am

Looking much better now, Gorral! :D -high fives-

Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:24 am

Sweet! *hi-five*

Can I play now? :P

Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:27 am

Uh, probably. I mean, it all looks good to me. Might be a better idea to wait until Madison gives it another look and give you her approval. -nods-

Might I recommend you take the opportunity to post a thread in Searching for a Partner forums and see if anyone's interested in doing a thread? Also, you could send a Private Message to someone, if there's any student whose threads you've enjoyed reading and would like to roleplay with. Everyone here is quite friendly, after all. :D

Never hurts to see if anyone's interested.

Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:30 am
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next