View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 12:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Rimn, faceless monster of Fear. 

Post Rimn, faceless monster of Fear.
Monster Bio/Profile

Name: Rimn
Race: Xirtan,
Place of Birth: Exlone, the only known Xirtan inhabited planet.
Height: 6’
Weight: Varies at will from almost weightless to up to 100 pounds, roughly
Eye Color: No visual organs, relies on picking up electric signals from its environment, allowing it to see in the dark.
Skin Color: Bone white
Skin Texture: Smooth, almost friction-less, allowing for extreme speed.
Hair: None, having long pointed quills sprouting from head instead.
Quill Color: Changes based on emotions, blue when calm and green when upset.
Body Build: Sleek and aerodynamic, not many muscles.
Tail: None
Tentacles: Slender and slick, dark blue in color, made from a special ooze emitted from a glad on its wrist, allowing any number of tentacles based on the situation
Number of Tentacles: Varies.
Wings: Two, Bunches of needle-like fibers that only have massive air-resistance when electricity is run through them, allowing flight.
Wingspan: 8’
Wing Color: White
Cock Size: 11”
# of Cocks: One
Fighting Style: Hiding and evading until the target succumbs to fear.
Motivation: Not known, seems to act without reason
Personality: Not distinguishable
Human Disguise Form: None
Clothing: None
Special Attributes: Emits a silent, odorless vapor into the air that causes feelings of fear and despair in any life for that can inhale it. This feeling of fear varies in strength, ranging from mild panic to paralyzing terror, depending on how much is inhaled into the blood stream. Produces a jelly like substance from the wrists that hardens based on electricity running through the inside of it, forming tentacles and other useful tools.
Distinguishing features: No facial features, entire face is smooth, like a bone mask. Long slender arms which can stretch at will up to 2x normal size.
Behavior: Erratic, seems to operate with no reason
Capabilities: Fear Vapor, adapt at hiding in plain sight,
Weaknesses: Any amount of electricity disrupts the currents its body naturally produces, leaving it prone to attacks.
Dislikes: Unknown
History: A member of an alien race from a distant planet, traveling the universe with no known purpose. Each Xirtan operates alone, with only one per planet, with few exceptions. Not much is know about Rimn himself, although seems to be grasping the concepts of language, being seen able to understand spoken language and read signs. (Xirtans have no forms of communication except for electric pulses sent through the air). Rimn arrived on Shokushu recently, two years and has been in hiding until now, coming out drawn to the presence of large amounts of electricity (N.I.C.E's equipment)

This is my attempt at making a better monster, based on everyone's suggestions! :D Tell me what ya think?

Last edited by XenKen on Mon May 09, 2011 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon May 09, 2011 2:40 am

Post Re: Rimn, faceless monster of Fear.
There are no monsters on Earth.

And Shokushu isn't even ON Earth.

Now on Discord, flarecobra#8525

Mon May 09, 2011 3:39 am
Profile WWW

Oops, sorry! I forgot! :oops:

Mon May 09, 2011 3:49 am

Better than the previous attempt, I think. ;) A couple of things that came to mind...

First, you don't HAVE to fill in every single field on the "character sheet". And, likewise, you can put on other stuff as well! The character sheet is meant as a way to spark your imagination, to get your creative juices flowing. ;) If you look in my sig, you'll find a link to my profile; it doesn't look much like the character sheet, but personally I think it's pretty good...

Secondly, the creature seems too vague and mysterious. All the monsters here rape students (because that's the point of this roleplay site). So, it would be nice to have more detail on why and how this particular creature goes about its raping. I mean, there's some hints of something interesting with "fear vapor", but it's not really developed. What I'd like to see is something along the lines of: "He stalks students and scares them until they panic, then he rapes them, because he takes pleasure from dominating students in this manner". (Like that but, you know, more details. ;) )

If I may go off on a tangent for a moment...There are lots of different ways people roleplay. I believe most of the roleplays on Shokushu occur with all the players knowing everything about the situation, even if their characters don't. You could easily have the player of a student say: "I think it would be fun if your monster disguises himself as a teacher to help my student study, but then he surprises her by changing into a monster." The point here is that the monster may have all sorts of abilities that the student doesn't know about, but all the players can talk about it and plan everything out.

In other words: Don't be afraid of revealing details about your character to the other players!

In summary, as long as it doesn't violate the site rules and it works for you and your roleplay partner(s), it's fine...but if you make it easy for other people to understand your monster, you may get more roleplay offers. ;)

Dendrite, irresistibly helpful tentacled alien! Message me to move your completed threads.

"You've got to be able to fuck when they can't."
--Jason Carter

As seen on Something Awful!

Mon May 09, 2011 9:22 pm

Thanks everyone for all the advice! :D

Mon May 09, 2011 11:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]