View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Pelantras 

Post Pelantras
Name: Pelantras (He goes by Pel to keep his true name himself)
Race: Trastien (English- Grounded Bug)
Type: Bound/Limited
Place of Birth: Stereant (a small moon that rarely sees sunlight due to the orbital period of its planet and itself)
Personality Profile:
Rather lazy when it comes to official tasks, his sealing and effective banishment to a human realm was the result of his little care and the fact that he was pretty much incompetent at trying to take over the moon like his boss wanted him to. Pelantras happens to be happy just terrorizing small, random groups of people/aliens just fine, thank you very much! Hostile takeovers are just too much like work for him to be interested. He honestly enjoys the fact that he’s been sealed and doesn’t have to worry about doing any work ever again, though he will never say as much due to his pride. Yes, he has pride, though it manifests itself as a knowledge that he’s superior stock, therefore if he actually tried, he would be able to do whatever he wanted. But why try, when there’s no need? He knows his superiority, and the opinion of his inferiors matter little. Still, he maintains that he wants revenge upon the much more powerful alien that sealed and banished him, despite wanting no such thing. As a result, his primary motivation is truly to gain as much energy as possible, to avoid destruction and extremely painful reformation process of his sealed form. He takes great pleasure in the pain/fear of inferior beings, and since landing on this planet, has reaffirmed his opinion of humans as more entertaining beings. He can be very indecisive at times, if he must choose between multiple options. He is not the most paranoid being, but he does follow sensible easy safety.

Abilities:
Due to the seal, he is essentially immortal, even if it’s a very painful immortality. If the teddy bear that he is bound to is destroyed, then it will reform a few days later in a very painful process, and he will be unable to move it for a few weeks as the pain of the seal hits him. This form limits his access to his abilities, while hurting him and making him incapable of escaping the seal. The seal is incomplete, which does allow him access to his abilities to a very limited degree. At any time he can merge some aspects of his body with the teddy bear resulting in claws, tentacles, and a bit of his appearance emerging in the bear. As long as he has had time to build up energy without his teddy bear form being destroyed (and forcing him to start gathering energy all over again) he will be capable of manifesting his true form for short periods of time at night. Due to the seal, his abilities have all been locked away except his ability to manifest himself. He does have the ability to change the length of his legs though, which is what allows him to jump to any successful degree in his true form. Not to mention his tentacles, which he can control the shape of on the ends, and how thick they are, between three centimeters and ten. He gathers energy from emotions, primarily strong emotions like fear, anger, pleasure. Sexual and violent pleasure is about the only ‘positive’ emotion he can gain energy from. He also retains the ability to communicate through telepathy, though it’s too weak for anything other than sending thoughts and not mind reading or any derivatives. Thankfully, the (forced) possession rendered the bear a lot more durable, and allows him to use the body, and his tentacles retain their strength, and are limited in thickness. When unsealed, the only real increase he would have would be an increase in all overall abilities, strength, speed, a power hog of a teleportation technique, and the ability to manipulate his size with minor shape shifting.

Weaknesses:
He is sealed into the body of a teddy bear. That being the case, it is his now default form, and he needs a moment to bring forth the true features that have merged into the bear. Even then, he is still not very threatening, with the greatest threat being his tentacles, and the fact that he can bite through a person’s ankle. In his true form, he’s very light sensitive and, what he trades for in size, he cannot manifest his true form again for a few days. Unfortunately, his teddy bear form is flammable, though a bit more resistant than it might have normally been. His magicalenergy also makes the teddy bear seem somewhat off-putting, particularly to people sensitive to magic, though people who are not sensitive may take it as similar to a constant, adorable pout instead of the malice it is.

History:
The moon Pelantras came into being in was ruled by a number of major aliens at war, and Pelantras was part of a batch of aliens that one of the more minor rulers had produced. The moon had originally been a science station for the planet below, used to produce several species more suited for warfare for intergalactic conquest. They did too well, and were wiped out by their creations, which then started fighting among themselves for the lead, essentially limiting themselves to their home moon as a result.

Pelantras was good at what he did, but preferred not to make the decisions, just do his job, yet he kept getting promoted higher up during the war. As a result, he came to the attention of the Big Boss, and got promoted high up, where the work actually became too much like work instead of mutually beneficial fun. He kept to it for the next century while the warlord he was working for managed to go from a minor warlord to a major warlord. At that point, the work was piling up and he finally slipped up on something important enough to get a punishment. The warlord sealed him away using a somewhat incomplete seal on purpose, so he could remember power, yet still be powerless. For a few decades, Pelantras was kept in a cell and tormented before he was banished from the moon to land in Shokushu by coincidence. Recognizing that he is honestly too weak to protect himself too well, he decided to stay in Shokushu where it honestly did not matter near as much as it would otherwise.

Sealed Form:
Pelantras has been sealed into the form of a human child’s teddy bear. In this form he is about twenty-three centimeters (a bit over nine inches) tall, and is made out of a somewhat fuzzy material. He’s a dark grey color, with two small, sickly green buttons for eyes. His ‘ears’ are close oval shapes sticking out of his head at an angle. The teddy bear has a somewhat sharp nose from the way the fabric was stitched together, with a hard plastic tip fixed into place. Below the nose is a mouth pattern made out of stitching, with a light incline back to where the head joins the body, with no distinct neck. He has a somewhat plump body, with a very little tail sticking out the back end. The two ‘arms’ are slightly below where the head joins the body, coming out to the side to get a bit larger for the ends of his hands. His legs make up a third of his height, and are about twice as thick at the base. His legs come to a near flat base, and have three little plastic claws, while his hands are a rounded end, with two plastic claws for fingers and a single one on each paw for a ‘thumb’.

While sealed, he has minor access to his form, though he becomes somewhat mangy in appearance due to the felt of the teddy bear blending with his true leathery skin. He can extend his three claws through the hand, and extend his tentacles through his back and chest/stomach. His mouth can open, and reveals his three tongue/tentacles and somewhat jagged teeth, while another three button eyes appear to match his true self’s five eyes. The teddy bear’s tail extends to be about ten centimeters with the same mangy skin.

True Form:
When fully manifested in his true form, Pelantras looks similar to an insect in shape, though inspection, close or otherwise, reveals differently. His body is, at full size, around three meters from head to tail tip (nine feet, ten inches), with his tail making up nearly half of that length. His torso is similar to a bottle shape, slightly widening where the legs are attached, and narrowing for a short neck. At the widest points of his torso, he is about sixty centimeters (just under two feet) wide, which is where his legs attach. The legs are just over five centimeters across (about two inches) and are jointed similarly to an insect. They stick out at an angle, going out to the side a short distance before going downward at the next joint to bend downward, though he has a large range of movement due to the way the joints are situated. His limbs end in a three digits (in a ‘Y‘ configuration) allowing him to grip things, though the digits are sharp enough to claw/dig into whatever he might need to, such as for climbing. His skin is a dark grey, with a leathery texture, though there is bleed over from the seal, in that much of his skin has a felt-like covering. His tail is long and can be used like a whip, as it’s tough. His tentacles are stored in his torso, four in his back and six in his chest. They can all extend about three meters, the four on his back somewhat further, and all ten are wormlike in appearance, maintaining the leather skin. His head is mostly an irregular oval flat on the bottom of his jaw, and curved on the top of the skull. He has five eyes going around his head, over his mouth, which opens to reveal jagged teeth and three short tentacles for tongues. Near the back of his head are two slightly rounded triangular ears.

Last edited by Pelantras on Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:02 pm

Post Re: Pelantras
Aww sounds cute! -Screams due to cutenes and hugs the cutie pie teddy bear!- Welcome to Shokushu little guy!!

Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:12 pm

Happy hunting.

"Every time I close My eyes I see the monsters." - Dead Space: Aftermath

Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:42 am

Wasn't there someone else who made a demon trapped in a teddy bear?

My Monster: Vespira
My ADD: Alexandra

Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:46 am

I'm not sure, but I think I have heard of this as well...

Yep, there was, way back when.

Now on Discord, flarecobra#8525

Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:17 am
Profile WWW

Yeah. I didn't realize it, as I had looked through the first six pages of the monsters to see what had been done, and apparently I somehow managed to skip over it. He's near the bottom of page three. I feel stupid now...

Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:21 am

No dont feel stupid! Its still a good character! Who cares if its been done, if you like it roll with it lol I'm sure there have been atleast 100 diffrent time travler base characters on this site lol and I'm still running mine lol! Hell I even remainber seeing a queen blade carbon copy character around here some where lol Also I think your cuddly! -cuddles-

Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:11 pm

So, I take this to mean there's no issues with it? Nobodies explicitly said there are, but I'm not good with implications when it comes to this kind of thing.

Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:28 pm

I don't think there is.

Character Listing

Summoned or not, the god will come.

Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:04 am

I'm pretty sure demons are no longer allowed here (angels too). So if you can find a way to make him of alien origin, that would be better.

My Monster: Vespira
My ADD: Alexandra

Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:53 am

Alright, replaced all demon references with aliens, and added a bit of planetary history for back-story purposes so I wouldn't end up pulling such out of nowhere later on.

Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:17 pm

Just wanted to give a belated welcome to Shokushu! Hope you have fun here!!

I love to RP!! Please PM me, if you are interested!

Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:10 am

A late welcome from me. That is both a really cute and incredibly creepy concept at the same time. Bravo :)

The Shokushu Pixies

Striktor, undead pirate.

Astrid, red scarf of the Tramps.

Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:23 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]