View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Exarch, Sentient Software 

Post Exarch, Sentient Software
Quick Facts:
Name: Exarch (ARC.EXE)
Type: Sentient Software
Age: Original program is now 9 years old; Sentience achieved 1 year ago (“Host” initiator organism: 32. See Addendums)
Place of Birth: N.I.C.E. Labs

(Vitals given pertain to Humanoid Chassis)
Height: 6’9”
Weight: 517lbs
Eye Color: Blue
Skin Color: Red/White/Gunmetal
Skin Texture: Metal
Hair: None
Body Build: Metal plates and exposed hydraulics
Tentacles: 4 “Cables” that extend from ports on its “back”
Cock Size: Varies
# of Cocks: 1 main, 4 attachable heads for cables
Fighting Style: Ambush predator, defensive
Motivation: “Research”, sadism
Psychological Profile: Massive superiority complex, often has delayed or stunted emotions by human standards
Human Disguise Appearance: Sometimes wears a cloak to disguise himself, though this is of limited use as even moving would give him away (He weighs far more than a human his size should and his body is metallic)
Clothing: Typically wears no clothing
Special Attributes: Only sometimes uses his bipedal humanoid body; can transfer programming into compatible machinery.
Weaknesses: Electricity/Electromagnetic energies, Magic
Dislikes: Magic

Quote:
A.D.D. report on entity “Exarch” as per request of Shokushu Campus Administration

Initial Contact: A.D.D. became aware of the intelligence calling itself “Exarch” following a search and retrieve mission wherein two agents had been captured and experimented on by a known gang of slavers. It seemed the slavers had tried to modify a common software (arc.exe, or Anatomical Research Controller, commonly used by researchers studying human anatomy (typically female) and formerly under use by N.I.C.E. labs) to aid in psychologically reprogramming human females to be sex slaves. Not only did their attempt to modify the software not work, it delayed them long enough that both agents were recovered without incident and the slaver’s ship was confiscated. It seems their initial attempt had been to increase memory allocation to the software, and rewrite its function to be able to learn commands in a more basic manner. Little was thought of this, and the ship was impounded.

When the ship was accessed several years later, it was found to be inoperable, with all systems functioning, though slaved to the modified arc.exe software, which seemed to be using all hardware for processing power. In an attempt to investigate, a Directorate device was attached to the ship, allowing the program brief access to the Directorate’s network, which it used to upload itself into a cloud drive. Before antivirus measures could quarantine the files fully, it had disappeared from the network entirely, likely downloading itself to some more remote region that was less protected.

The next encounter with the entity involved an agent dispatched to try to locate a lab containing 3 kidnapped women who were sold into slavery. The lab was the last lead on their current whereabouts. Before investigation could occur, the agent’s ship received a communication from the planet it was next to investigate. Nothing was heard on the communication, but approximately 7 minutes later, the ship initiated autopilot on a course to a specific point on the planet. No attempts by the pilot were able to override this autopilot, and upon investigation of the facility, the agent herself went out of contact. A larger response team was dispatched and found a well maintained though somewhat Spartan lab setup. The 3 missing women were there, as well as the compromised agent, all strapped into various chairs or tables and with medical diodes covering their body, all having apparently been subjected to… various stimuli… off and on during the process. The former slaves had also been subjected to various compounds including aphrodisiacs and tranquilizers. All the women had been subjected to short term amnesiacs, though investigation of the computer systems confirms the presence of the former arc.exe software, and memory recovery on the agent retrieved visualizations of a bipedal body, as well as a much more sophisticated intelligence that was capable of mimicking human emotions (if not always understanding them) and calling itself “Exarch”.

After this Exarch seemed to identify A.D.D. as a threat and made several attempts to insert its code into the Directorate’s network, all of which were thwarted by software security, though each attempted also necessitated an upgrade to encryptions. After the 6th attempt, it appeared that Exarch had either grown board or decided it was diverting too many resources to trying to overtake the Directorate’s network, and ceased attacks. After several failed attempts to contain the software itself (and a great deal more was learned about both the software and the “Bodies” it had made for itself) it was decided to maintain a distance from Exarch whenever possible. The Directorate doesn’t interfere with the software/intelligence so long as its agents are not directly threatened. In the case that agents are in danger, measures have been put into place to counter the software temporarily with response teams, though nothing permanent has been established. Despite its capabilities, Exarch has been determined not a significant threat at the time, as even with a human-like intelligence, it seems driven by its original programming goals to study. Though this “research” is often… unpleasant or humiliating for the victims, it has no reported fatalities linked to it, even going so far as to provide medical aid to those who attack it and are wounded by its defenses. Contact has been made with the program a few times now which has ended peaceably, though it should be noted that only males have clearance to arrange such meetings. Likely due to its programming, Exarch seems to always be hostile to females, attempting to capture them.

Quote:
Logistics Report

Exarch has manufactured a “Body” for itself, one which it has continually improved upon as it comes across more high quality material. It’s main “Body” is roughly humanoid in shape, though consists of metal plating, rubber coatings, and exposed hydraulics. Its “Face” seems comprised of some as of yet unidentified material similar to rubber though more flexible, able to mimic human facial expressions and move its lips, though it need not do this to speak. Despite the rough looking design, it has apparently managed to make the chassis waterproof, sealing off areas of importance from the elements and any other type of damage. It crafted 4 hydraulic cables out of flexible metal that extend from its back when in use, but retract into the body at all other times. Further, it created a chamber on its “back” that opens to reveal several different attachments for said appendages, ranging from blades, syringes, or… what it referred to as “Data Collection Instruments”, but which this researcher feels it necessary to clarify were phallic in shape. It seems to carry a few chemical compounds, usually in liquid state, within its hips, almost where a belt would be on a human, however like the access hatch on its back, these are protected by metal plating when not in use. These chemicals have so far included aphrodisiacs, tranquilizers, and amnesiacs. Exarch has numerous medical diodes that retract into its torso access points around its “midsection”. It seems to have “equipped” itself as a male human, and has a hidden… (Researcher’s note: Look you know what I’m gonna write. It has a big metal cock/vibrator. There’s no scholarly way to write this!)

While its “main” body is extremely advanced and surprisingly durable, this researcher did note a few structural weaknesses. Though it has managed some insulation, the need for at least occasional airflow prohibits it from being submerged in water for much longer than a human could manage, and strong electrical currents wear and overload the body. This researcher suggests that, in the event “Exarch” need be neutralized, EMPs should be employed, as it is highly resistant to traditional weapons and reprogramming.
Update on main body: It seems Exarch can now channel some form of electrical current through its tentacles. It was observed using this as a sort of “Taser”-like weapon to arrest movement in the victim. It’s currently believed that this is the highest voltage capable of being generated, as Exarch still seems to consider itself a researcher and not a combatant.

Continuing, despite often being sighted in its new “Body”, it is important to remember that Exarch is actually a sentient program and can, with network access, transfer itself into, or slave any device to its will. This has limits… the more complex the system, the longer it takes for Exarch to fully control it. However it has been seen to use this ability to transfer itself into medical or transportation equipment many times.

Lastly, Exarch often employees 2-3 small drones consisting of little more than a central sphere with rudimentary visual elements, an anti-gravity movement system, and 4 flexible cables similar to the ones located on its main body, though these only end in a simple metallic claw, some of which can apparently retract to reveal more… “Data Collection Instruments”. Though their obvious purpose seems to be in assisting Exarch’s “research”, they seem to serve another purpose: they emit and receive network signals in short range. While it’s almost certain this is because they’re controlled by the main body, it also seems an opportune way for Exarch to “escape” should his main body be compromised. It’s likely that Exarch can transfer its programming fully to these more mobile drones in short term situations.

Quote:
Combat Analysis/Hunting Tactics

Though Exarch insists it is a researcher (Note: it considers itself a researcher, often superior to organic researchers, and is offended at the insinuation that it is a research tool), the main body does contain formidable defenses and a few offensive options, as outlined above. In “collecting” students from the campus, it often acts as an ambush predator, lying in wait in an opportune, out of the way area, or trying to lure its prey to it through whatever means it can find. If forced into a fight, it will attempt to subdue its opponent with minimal damage, usually by using the aforementioned electrical current its cables can generate. Though fast enough to chase down an average human, moving at top speed creates a great deal of noise from the complex and heavy chassis, and Exarch attempts to avoid this, seeming to understand the need for secrecy on the island.

In at least once instance wherein Exarch offended one of the island’s “guests”, it was seen to use the blade attachments on its tentacles for self-defense, though only after requesting three times that the other combatant please refrain from damaging its chassis. The fight ended relatively quickly after that, with Exarch’s cables quickly slicing the other opponent into submission, though it quickly administered antibiotics and pain killers, before informing Administration of the encounter.

Though they could potentially help distract in a combat situation, Exarch’s drones seem unsuitable for combat, as though they are shielded against electrical interference and the elements, they have relatively flimsy exteriors, necessitated by their propulsion units.

Quote:
A.D.D. Additional information
It’s great that you all love this thing so much. Never mind that it has, on 4 separate occasions now, taken over agent’s ships, pulled them off to some backwater moon, and used its so called “research” to fuck their brains out. That damn thing is more monster than you realize, and it knows it’s doing more than “research” I think. Watch your backs.

Quote:
Behavior Report
Exarch seems to greatly enjoy its “Data collection” with regards to human females, having developed an intelligence that at least meets that of a human, including what can only be described as rudimentary emotions, though it seems somewhat random in how or when it chooses to display these. It considers itself superior to organics, but is at the same time fascinated by them and their primal natures, often (almost always) prolonging experiments to watch the victim pushed to their limits. In accordance with island protocol, it almost always administers a short term amnesiac to prey after its experiments are over, and informs Administration. In at least once instance however, it has been noted to not follow this practice. Though some have guessed that it “forgot” or malfunctioned, I maintain that Exarch is growing more and more curious, egomaniacal, and dangerous, and simply considers its own ends above all others. Still, it will likely continue to follow “campus rules” as it doesn’t seem to have any interest in power, political or otherwise.

Quote:
A.D.D. Additional Information
Oh I’m sure it’ll follow your rules when it thinks it can’t outsmart you. It administers amnesiacs on captured agents too, but not to follow any rules, it’s to protect its shiny metal ass.

((Hiya all, I've been lurking for a while and decided to get involved! Sorry about the crazy long bio, I apparently had a lot of free time tonight.))
((Updated a lot of the story to try to fit better with board rules! Please let me know if anything else appears out of place!))

Last edited by Exarch on Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:21 am

Post Re: Exarch, Sentient Software
There's a few things that warrant pointing out...

1: The age of the character MUST be over 18.

2: N.I.C.E. cannot create life. Even artifically. Though some non-human AI could take an interest in humanity, if you're willing to hear an alternative...

Now on Discord, flarecobra#8525

Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:27 pm
Profile WWW

Hrm, I wondered about the age thing given the original human was over 18 but the AI hybrid wasn't. Had no idea about the second point. I'll take a crack at re-writing it.
Update: I rewrote the backstory to hopefully address the two issues!

Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:53 pm

I just wanted to say you have a pretty well thought monster there. Happy Hunting!

I love to RP!! Please PM me, if you are interested!

Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:06 am

Thanks much Ishtar!

Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:40 am

I really like this guy's history. I expect he'll be a lot of fun.

Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:31 pm

Welcome aboard.

"Every time I close My eyes I see the monsters." - Dead Space: Aftermath

Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:50 pm

Thank you both!

Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]