View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 11:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Return of the Replicator 

Post Return of the Replicator
History:
the planet of morjovia is home to a wide variety of exotic life forms, mostly floraeic in nature. one of the most noteworthy of plant species is the Morjovian Replicator, which breeds by entrapping passing animals, digesting their genetic material, and using the DNA to propagate itself. thus, each generation is different from its ancestors, whether subtly or radically. one particular Replicator differs from its cousins more than is considered normal however. for one thing, it is only capable of harvesting genetic material from female organisms, and rather than devouring and liquefying them, it prefers to gather its needed genetic material by harvesting the creature's orgasmic secretions. also, it does not reproduce in the same way as other members of its species; rather than producing offspring it grafts the genetic traits of its prey onto itself; thus, after every feeding it mutates and changes into a subtly different life form. the most important difference, though, is that this particular Replicator does not dwell on the planet of Morkovia. somehow, it has found its way to a small island, inhabited by life forms diverse and strange, well worth harvesting, but tastiest of all are the soft-skinned fragile creatures who inhabit the strange building complex in the centre of the island...

the Morjovian Replicator attracts its prey with the release of a pheremone vapour which, when inhaled, allows the Replicator to exert a weak form of mind control over its victim, causing mild arousal and drawing it inexplicably into range for an attck. it snares the victim by laying out its long, prehensile tentacles, which can alter their size, shape and texture in order to better blend into the environment. once caught, the prey animal is dragged to the central bulb, where it is swallowed and continually stimulated until the Replicator has harvested sufficient genetic material to initiate a further phase of mutation. the prey is ejected and left alone, drenched in the Replicator's secretions. after the 'feeding' the replicator retracts its tentacles and goes into a sort of hibernation for a period of roughly 18 hours, while its genetic structure is reformed.

Type: plant
Appearance: large bulb structure, like a flower bud, roughly 9' high and 4' across. stem leads from bottom of bulb to ground. tentacles sprout from stem and ground around the Replicator, extruded by subterranesn root systems.
Eyes: none
Hair: none
Powers: uses pheremones to draw its victims closer. tentacles are strong and flexible enough to restrain almost any prey animal or opponent.
Skin texture: skin of bulb and stem is rough and hard, tentacles are smooth and slimy
Skin Colour: bulb and stem are dark green, red-pink leaves sprout from stem, tentacles are pale green
Motivation: to capture and harvest from as many female organisms (preferably humans) as possible
Fighting Style: uses tentacles to hold and restrain its prey, as well as using them to attack like whips
Weaknesses: fire, smoke, extreme heat, corrosive liquids, some VERY potent herbicides (plant-killing chemicals). the Replicator also dislikes salt.

OOC: if anyone wants to do an RP with me, just PM me. i apologize that i have very little time to spend on the internet, as i study full time, so my posts will probably be few and far between. however, i take pride in making my posts as long and detailed as possible, i have been known (on other sites) to post the equivalent of a multi-page document as part of a role-play. i also live in Australia, which means i am probably in quite a different time zone from most of you.

PS. sorry i've been out of the loop for so long! still getting used to the new board.

Tue May 08, 2007 9:05 am

Mon May 14, 2007 5:05 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]