View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 The Cave 

Post The Cave
BASIC INFORMATION

Updates in Green
Name: The Cave
Classification: Hive Mind Flesh Organism
Type of Origin: Alien
Place of Origin: Space
Previous Victims: No player characters, thus far
Languages: Whatever its current victim speaks
Height & Weight: Unknown (excessively large)
Nationality: None
Eye Colour: None
Skin Colour: The walls of this 'cave' are typically flesh coloured, pinks and red.
Human Form: Not exactly, but the small insect like organisms it produces can induce a wide variety of human shaped illusions in the mind of their victims.

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION

Basic Description: The main body of this creature is effectively subterranean, having filled out large sections of the underground system of caves and tunnels beneath Shokushu. Whilst this monster seems to be mostly comprised of walls of flesh, filling up endless caverns, it does have the ability to morph itself to a considerable degree, often manifesting tentacles, these appendages working to better manipulate any of the prey it has managed to capture inside. The Cave is also capable of forming a wide variety of other shapes with which to better stimulate anyone caught inside it. With a large number of strange, swollen looking orifices dotted around the island, often dismissed as some form of strange fungal growth, The Cave does also have a number of wide cavernous opening that appear to be only regular stone under the effects of this monster's illusions.
Skin Texture: Smooth but slimy.
Hair: None.
Body Build: Creepy
Tail: No
Wings: No
Cocks: As many as it likes, usually, though it does have a number of static protrusions dotted here and there, usually sitting on mounds of flesh pointing upwards, that have a more permanent and less morphic feel about them, more throbbing and meaty feeling tothe touch.
Cock Size: Typically 8 to 14 inches, but it depends which part of the beast a victim has found themselves most unfortunately trapped inside.

HISTORY

A crashed meteor touching down on the ground on which Shokushu would be built many centuries ago, this small fragment of alien substance carried with it all the genetic material required to begin the growth of a bizarre, ever evolving organism, that slowly began to fill up and grow out into the underground environment it had found itself in. Though it laid dormant for many years, a chance encounter with a female of the dominant species of the planet would have it undergo a transformation and a new step of evolution, its rate of growth exploding as it was fueled by this new, exotic power source. Though its original victim never left The Cave, a sort of rudimentary intelligence within the creature allowed it to know that a more sustainable catch and release approach for its prey was more efficient, and it would adjust its behaviour for future encounters accordingly.

PERSONALITY DESCRIPTION

Basic Description: Seemingly mindless, operating on only basic instincts, the only sign of intelligence is this creature's ability to interact in and around the hallucinations it can use to lure in prey, adapting to whatever the victim is seeing. As far as personality goes, it could not be said that The Cave has one that can be easily observed.
Dislikes: Unknown
Motivation: To continue feeding on the fluids and energy of female victims and continue its endless, mindless growth and evolution.
Sexual Orientation: Goes for females, only their body's fluids proving to be of use for in order to sustain it.

POWERS & WEAKNESSES

Main Ability: Hallucination Insects
Description: Appearing, if not too closely observed, as if some sort of large fly (about the size of a wasp), The Cave frequently produces and sends out small flying insect creatures that are used to lure or chase victims into The Cave's waiting 'hands'. Usually used in a kamikaze manner, introducing a hallucinogenic compound into the prey before typically being swatted, these things are entirely disposable. Whilst not taking complete and total, there are limits to what can be done, and usually only creates visual and auditory hallucinations. These illusions seemingly generated from within the victim's own head, using their language, familiar faces and sights against them, the hallucinations invariably draw prey towards the larger organism, either chasing them and driving them with fear, or else somehow luring them to where they can be taken. Though a clever enough target might just be able, with time, to figure out that something is wrong, this particular power far from perfect and typically still requiring the setting of the immediate environment with a few little tweaks, unable to fully produce an entirely new setting or world and sometimes generating people or scenarios that seem a little 'off', it is extremely rare for any person to realise what is happening in time to actually do something to save themselves.
Additional Abilities: In addition to hallucinogens, the Insects can be released carrying other substances. The two most notable being a powerful aphrodisiac, which can be used to make people more 'compliant', and a quick memory wiping drug, which can lead to the poor victim waking up naked and slimy, in the middle of nowhere with no memory as to how they got there.
OOC Note: I'll be leaving it up to the player(s) whether or not they wish to describe and RP the hallucination that their character experiences, which they will be free to do. However, should they chose not to, by default it'll be up to myself, the player controlling 'The Cave' to layout exactly what sort of illusions are experienced by the victim.

Weaknesses: Anti-bacterial substances as well as various types of pesticides do a quick job of eating through the larger organism, which eventually adapts but typically suffers a great loss of terrain in the process, also sunlight. Whilst the smaller Insect like creatures this thing produces are also susceptible to the same things, save for the sunlight, they are far from indestructible, easy enough to swat as any other insect is. However, once their venom is introduced, there is little that can be done, even if the original source is destroyed.
Fighting Style: The Cave doesn't really need to fight, more the type to lure creatures in with illusions and tricks, before having its way with them freely once they are trapped inside.

The Cave, Monster - Character Profile
Geng-Xin - SFA Character Profile

Last edited by The Cave on Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:11 am, edited 3 times in total.

Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:33 pm

Post Re: The Cave
Welcome :)

Just out of curiosity, how large are the insects? Are we talking giant bugs, ore more normal seeming ones?

The Shokushu Pixies

Striktor, undead pirate.

Astrid, red scarf of the Tramps.

Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:28 am
Profile YIM

Normal sized ones, I've gone ahead and edited in a little note clarifying that.

Also, thank you, I look forward to experimenting with this creature, which, if anyone's interested already, send me a pm to ask for a thread.

Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:49 am

Quite a roster of characters you are building. I like this monster concept particularly. A classic, by any standard.

Send a PM anytime you feel like an RP with Natsuki. She's not shy!

Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:26 pm
Profile YIM

Location: Strapped into a sex machine, twitching involuntarily
Indeed, and I'm actually planning out in my head a sort of 'event' for multiple players that could be accomplished with this new monster's abilities. Might have to work out some of the details first and run it by an admin to see if it could be allowed, but if it is I'd be hoping to put up an OOC thread with which to put together a roster of students and monsters that may be interested and see where things go from there. That said, I do want to do some normal stuff with this one first and I look forward to seeing how well it works. All in all though, should befun.

Olivia Nightingale, Student - Character Profile
Olivia Nightingale, Student -F-list (links to external site)
Cyber Slime, Monster - Character Profile

Sticks and Stones may break my bones, but whips and chains excite me...

Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:33 pm

Location: Just behind that tree... or that wall... or maybe that door...
A minor nitpick about the history: Shokushu isn't actually on Earth.

PM me to set up a roleplay.

Character listing

Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:44 am

Ah, thanks. Hadn't spotted that. I have now since edited and corrected that mistake.

Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:04 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]