View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Agent Calista Cole, ADD Special Talent 

Post Agent Calista Cole, ADD Special Talent

Character Information
Name - Calista Desai Cole
Alias - C.C.; Lis; Bela Delstee (Undercover alias)
Gender - Female
Place of Birth - Arisia III Mining Colony
Species - Human
Age - 25 yrs old

Physical Appearance
Height - 5' 4"
Weight - 120 lbs
Bust - 34DD
Waist - 23
Hips - 35
Hair Color/Style - Blond/shoulder length kept in a pony tail
Eye Color - Green

Ethnicity - Caucasian
Skin Tone - Light
Pubic Hair - Blond (Shaved)

Physical Description - Calista's most striking attributes are her vivid green eyes and her long shiny shoulder length blond hair. While not strikingly attractive she draws more then a few gazes as she passes. She prides herself on her figure and works hard to maintain the air of allusion she uses to her advantage on and off the field. She is in short a women who knows she looks good and uses that to do her job.

Distinguishing features - Calista's eyes are a magnificent jade and when she uses her psionic abilities they seem to gleam with an incandescent glow.

Virgin - No

Piercing or Tattoos - Calista has three tattoos; A Celtic band design on her left thigh, tribal design wrapping around her waist, and ivy vine that wraps around her ankle and foot.

Family
Spouse/Partner -
Children -
Father - Constantino Cole (Deceased)
Mother - Bella Cole (Deceased)
Brother(s) -
Sister(s) - Lyta Cole (Missing)
Other Family -

Psychological Profile - Calisto tends to be a loner and seems prefer it that way, though her time in the ADD Academy has taught her the value of team work, it seems to be an ingrained part of her. Attention to detail, plus patience and calm reserve are traits that mark as different from many other Agents. She has a near obsessive need to find her missing sister who had been taken by slavers many years ago. She has also shown a reluctance to use her nature psionic talents, despite the neural inhibitors implanted to keep her powers in check, and feelings of guilt over an incident where she used them instinctively to destructive effect.

Personality - Calisto is quiet and level-headed, more interested in improving herself and her equipment than in making friends. She's good at what she does - hunting aliens and slaver scum - once she has their scent she doesn't stop until she has been stopped. She believes in placing the needs of the ADD and the innocent first, which means she seeks to act as a buffer between the innocent and those who would do them harm.

Languages - English, Galactic Common, Trade Tongue, Smuggler Cant, Telepathy

Likes - Calista enjoys studying the survival skills of different races and cultures, she is a keen practitioner of any martial art she can find a tutor for, mixing 'hard' and 'soft' fighting arts switching between them as needed. She loves to 'go wild', heading out into uninhabited territories for weeks on end with only a few basic items such as a knife and compass.

She has an interest in sailing and ancient creatures, especially dinosaurs, pterosaurs and marine reptiles, as well as a penchance for music of all kinds.

Activities - Martial arts, combat drills, cleaning her weapons, maintenance of her ship.

Miscellaneous - She keeps a number of disguises on her ship, from menial tech overalls, to a Customs Officer's uniform, to evening gowns by some of the most famous designers in the galaxy, secretly enjoying the chance to dress up and wear different outfits. She also prefers to wear black underwear, mostly thongs.

Magic - Psionics; Calista's psionic talents include the ability to cloak herself to others perceptions and psionic speed (allowing her short but intense bursts of speed). She can also produce a telekinetic blast (allowing her to knock down opponents surrounding her) and psychometry (which allows her to read an objects past, though it can be disorienting for her at times.).

Weapons of choice - Calista typically carries the modular M-30A modular rifle, which could be outfitted to function as an assault rifle and as a sniper rifle with the attachment of a scope, as well as a grenade launcher attachment. The M-30 is able to be tailored to the needs of the mission and the target. She also carries the standard ADD Pulse Plasma Sidearm and a CQC energy blade.

Equipment - Stealth combat suit, standard ADD scout armor, M-30 rifle, PPS Energy Pistol, energy blade, survival knife, stun baton, and handcuffs.

Fighting style - Calista prefers to engage her opponents from distance, taking out as many as she can before closing shorter engagement ranges. If pressed she is able to defend herself in close quarters with both bare hands and her energy blade. Though with reluctance to do so, she can use her psionic abilities to attack as well.

Motivation - Calista is motivated to find her sister and save her if she can, as well as protecting others from similar fates just as horrible.

Special Attributes - Calista is a crack shot with psionic abilities and an eye for detail with little trouble in tracking her prey, while bring it in is a whole other matter entirely.

Capabilities - Calista is capable of a wide variety of combat moves, including rappelling from craft or down the sides of a building. She is also able to silently dispatch an unawares opponent with either her bare hands or her energy blade, she is also a crack shot. While not specifically trained for investigations, her attention to details allows her to notice things that otherwise might be missed. Her skills as a pilot allow her to survive a dogfight against a similarly skilled opponent, but a true ace would truly test her skills behind the stick. She is a competent melee fighter, though her skills aren't spectacular.

Weaknesses - Calista does not fully trust her superiors at ADD HQ, unsure of whether they see her as an little more than a valuable asset or as a valuable field agent, with such distrust prompting her to ignore the need to call on support when it would be to her benefit. While she understands that they are a part of her, she does not fully trust her psionic abilities after the first time she used them ended with her destroying a good portion of a mining complex, on a further note the ADD has surgically implanted neural inhibitors to prevent such an overload of her powers again, thus limiting how powerful she can make her abilities, as well as manifesting her abilities is physically and mentally draining. She has an overwhelming need to find her missing sister which can blind her to the bigger picture.

Ship/Vehicle - The Midnight Nova is Calista's ship, a Spector-class scout ship obtained after becoming a full agent with the ADD, which she has seen fit to modify for extra performance. Calista removed the two extra chairs in the cockpit and installed extra guidance equipment and control computers for aid in navigation and flight. She maintains its engines in an especially well tuned state, producing a soothing hum when traveling at sublight speeds or at FTL. While already equipped with a pair of forward firing twin-linked medium pulse cannons as well as a turret mounted interceptor system, Cole has also beefed up the ship's armament by adding a second turret mounted with a twin-linked light pulse cannon. She has also modified her escape pods so that the distress beacon could be shut off from inside if she needed to avoid being picked up by an slaver or raider patrols.

The ship:
http://images.wikia.com/templarsoftwilight/images/9/97/Esme_Ship_Ortho.gif
http://th05.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2010/333/b/c/baudo_class_yacht_by_thedarkestseason-d33w812.jpg
http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/d/d3/BaudoGG.png

Background - Calista was born on a mining colony and was spending most of her formatitive years far from Earth on a succession of frontier colony worlds and mining colonies; including a year spent on a Krathzi colony before her family finally settled on the Arisia Mining Colony. Growing up almost constantly on the move, she never had the time to make any real friends, despite her almost preternatural "empathy", which her parent began to recognize as something more. Her only real friend was her older sister Lyta, often being found thick as thieves playing together.
As she grew older, her abilities began to manifest in random ways, though none dangerous and without training she could only read peoples emotions, though she found that was often enough for her. Her sister left shortly before she completed school at the to attend Shokushu High School, which was a renowned private institution and considered one of the best schools in the galaxy, where she would receive a top rate education, which thrilled her parents.
After her sisters departure from Arisia, life took a turn for the worse as news reached of Lyta's disappearance shortly after graduation and then the raiders attacked the colony, making a slave raid before returning home. It was during this incident that she witnessed her parents murder and the first full scale manifestation of her powers, that resulted in the death of all of the raiders present and destruction of a portion of the colony complex.
She was found by an ADD Agent who had picked up the colonies automatic distress beacon and found only a near catatonic Calista, whom she took back with her to Antares base for medical treatment. It was here that her psi-abilities were discovered and once the mission of the Directorate was explained to the young woman, she jumped at the chance to join, being inducted to a special training program to teach her how to use her powers while she was outfitted with neural inhibitors that regulated her abilities, and soon after being given her first assignments with the ADD.

**NOTE - The above background is simply a brief glimpse, once I have more time I will expand upon it, for now I feel that all the key points have been touched on. Feedback is appreciated.

I'm always up for a scene, shoot me a PM and we can work something out!

Last edited by Kieran on Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:06 pm
Profile YIM

Post Re: Agent Calista Cole, ADD Special Talent
Welcome

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7278

Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:05 pm

That's great. Well thought out character.

Welcome!

Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:25 pm

Thanks for the welcomes, looking forward to becoming part of the SHS community here...I have a couple of monster ideas kicking around in my head, so hopefully I'll have just more than my little lone agent to play. ^_^

I'm always up for a scene, shoot me a PM and we can work something out!

Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:47 pm
Profile YIM

Seems fine by me. Enjoy your stay and welcome! ^.^

My Monster: Vespira
My ADD: Alexandra

Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:34 pm

Welcome, hope to bump into you sometime.

Character Listing

Summoned or not, the god will come.

Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:57 pm

Just realized, even though Thorak is hunting Calista through the dark corridors of a mining facility already, he didn't bid you welcome.

So... Welcome aboard. Consider this a beg for pardon. Thorak would have insisted on it, if he had any manners

Which he hasn't...

But...Well...

Ongoing RPs:
Thoraks RP List,

Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:00 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]