View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Hope Dephis 

Post Hope Dephis
ADD Agent Bio/Profile Name: Hope Dephis
Place of Birth: Nagai
Nationality: ?
Hair Color: Blue
Eye Color: Brown, appears gold in some light
Ethnicity: ?
Skin Tone: Light
Pubic Hair: Blue (Trimmed into a strip)
Distinguishing features: Hope is a short girl, primarily from her premature birth just sitting at five feet. She has startling blue hair and striking blue hair.
Height: 5’
Weight: 105 lbs
Bust: 34 B (after being subject to a Tare effect by Krisna her bust got slightly larger and are 36 B now)
Waist: 21
Hips: 32

Background: A discarded baby found on a doorstep on the Nagai home world. She had been abandoned to a group of Nagai, an orphan that was later called Hope. It was clear that she was born premature at 7 months and to make matters worse she was addicted to a rather unusual chemical substance that has yet to be identified. It was hoped that she would survive and thus she was called Hope by the doctors on the world.

How this baby arrive, her lineage and the circumstances that delivered her here remain in mystery as does the factors surrounding her luck. In any case the warrior culture took her in as if she were one of their own, teaching her their martial art and skills with the blade that they excelled at.

Firearms training was considered less important to them as their was no honor in it, nor any finesse. As a result her skills with firearms ensured she only became a moderate shot rather than a good one.

As would follow her throughout her life there was a lucky streak that followed the girl about. She pulled through and even fought off the chemical addiction that she sported.

Throughout her life the Nagai people, renown for their studies of the blade and immersed in a warrior code similar to Bushido indoctrinated the young girl in martial arts and sword play. Despite being small she was a scrapper and often her luck seemed to win the day in sparing matches with opponents who should have soundly beaten her.

But as the years passed she grew quite formidable with not only the blade but hand to hand combat as well.

On a field trip to a nearby nebula the Xagi struck, the alien invaders seemingly coming out of nowhere to attack the planet in vast swarms. The planet was lost and Hope had been lucky that she was away at the time. One of the few things that can stop her from smiling for a time. Soon after the attack she joined the ADD and is a Sweeper, dealing with alien incursions as they come up with Ami and Mia the other two members of Theta Squad's Sweepers.

Psychological Profile: She and is almost always willing to help and contribute to the team. In addition though due to the Xagi she has a bit of a savior complex and realizes that she was lucky to avoid their designs on her home world.

Personality: Despite all she's been through Hope nearly always is found with a charming smile.

Virgin? No. Lost to both Krisna and Scorch
Piercing or Tattoos: None
Language: English, Nagaiese
Activities: Nagaise-do, Kendo, Painting
Magic? None.
Weapons of choice: katana, plasma rifle, tanto
Equipment: Typically a katana, plasma rifle and tanto though her equipment varies depending on the assignment.
Fighting style: Hope prefers to fight hand to hand whether unarmed through jujitsu or with her katana. She seldom uses ranged tactics as she is not the best or shots.
Motivation: Hope strives to enact vengeance against the Xagi species.
Special Attributes: Hope is best with her katana. She lacks the social graces to make it in polite society. She seems to be blessed with an unexplainable luck that causes her to avoid the worst of a situation. She has often gotten out of hardships or managed things that she knows she should not have been capable of otherwise.
Capabilities: Excellent in hand to hand combat whether with the katana or bare handed. Her birth mother had been suffering from concentrated doses of Xagi Aphrodisiacs and as a result of her birth she had been born with an "addiction" that her body has learned to throw off. As a consequence she is now immune to Aphrodisiacs and pheromones that were also in her system at birth though the later still have a mild effect upon her.
Weaknesses: Hope has a savior complex that can be exploited when faced with the need of saving people even if the situation appears hopeless. She is no fool though and will withdraw from a bad situation only to return with greater strength.
Nagai – The Nagai are pale skinned warriors about 5 feet in height on average with slight physiques. They are dedicated craftsman and warriors seeing their sword play as an artistic expression as much as it is an effective means of defending themselves.

Most of them shun more modern weapons outside of warfare against different species and only if the species in question employs fire arms or the like. It is not unusual for a Nagai to be an accomplished poet and a Master swordsman.

The Nagai speak the galactic basic as well as their own musical language.

They are small and thin but stoic with a great tenacity and determination though they will fall back and regroup when the situation warrants it.

Nagaise-do – The martial art of the Nagai similar to Jujitsu had been refined for over a thousand years and serves to contemplate their skill with the blade at close quarters.

Nagai Steel: Nagai steel is very Sharpe and can cut through most alloys with ease. It is tough to work with since only it and diamond are tough enough to scratch each other.

Forging a blade with Nagai steel is a secret art guarded by their craftsman though all elite Nagai use weapons made from this material. Hope's katana is so forged from this material.

Ship:

The Behemoth. A heavier assault ship complete with a thicker hull and stronger shields the ship is fitted with a cloak that's effective against scanners and sensors only. The heavier plating of the ship diminishes it's speed and maneuverability making the ship only stealthy due to it's limited use cloak which is employed in those missions were they don't want to tip off their enemy until the Sweeper teams are moving through the corridors of a ship, station, base or whatever threat that they have to contend with.

Captain Ami Veros

Master Sgt. Mia Sevro

Better Lucky than good ...

Last edited by Hope on Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:45 am, edited 16 times in total.

Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:16 am

Post Re: Hope Dephis
Welcome to Shokushu.

Character Listing

Summoned or not, the god will come.

Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:26 am

Thank you, Aegir and thanks for help on the back story.

Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:27 pm

No problem, I was working them up in stort stories and had been considering posting them as new monsters sometime soon anyway, once that is up you can scene with them if you'd like I'm changing them some from the stories I wrote about them.

Character Listing

Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:53 pm

Cool, though you don't have to go through the effort buy ya if you do I'll rp with you. What stories? Did you post them on these boards?

Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:56 pm

No, I haven't though I rather not go showing them off, their not that good. Give me a day or two and I'll have the Xagi up, no trouble at all since I was already in the process of working them up thought they'd be interesting to add to your backstory when you started asking you questions.

Character Listing

Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:00 pm

k

Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:01 pm

I don't remember what the rules call on human colonies out in space was. Madison may have something to say about it. But I think you are good to go.

Welcome!

My Monster: Vespira
My ADD: Alexandra

Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:00 pm

Thanks Kanoe. I had a little help from Aegir on this one.

I did oops though and didn't detail sum things. The Nagi aren't human though looking back at it I failed to mention that, it was just important for her to be raised by a warrior culture and I guess the martial art would be the species equivalent of jujitsu. I'll have to edit it and make a note that Hope was the child of a slave or something and brought 2 the world.

Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:39 pm

Edited sum. I'm gonna add in some stuff about the Nagai later and the martial art, maybe even add in a ship though originally I didn't have any designs on her having 1.

Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:51 pm

They are there, but they're quite small and are not acknowldeged by Earth. And are mostly females.

Now on Discord, flarecobra#8525

Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:10 pm
Profile WWW

Hm, seems like she knows fighting, fighting, fighting and fighting. Looks mostly like a character belonging to a generic fighting sci-fi story rather than a tentacle-rape sci-fi universe, complete with combat skills, parental abandonment and obligatory downer backstory with an added twist of the addiction.

Excellent. Then we'll simply have to teach her about what else there is to this world. I bid you welcome, agent of the ADD.

... Ami and Mia, huh. Is it a complete coincidence that their two names can be spelled with the same three letters in another order? I mean, there's like... six different ways to combine those three, and you've got two of them right there. Heh-heh.

Squanian, raping squid

Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:58 pm

Thanxs Madi for the info. I changed up the background a little to reflect what I was thinking and not my goof in typing it. I'll probably add more to the back story about her origins as time goes on, I just want to think of something interesting behind it, why she was ditched on an alien world.

Andramcia: Yeah, I wanted to make her stick out a little more than the standarad and set her with a warrior caste to reflect all that combat training. I might switch rock climbing for an artistic craft since I deeloped the Nagai as craftsman though.

And the names were a coincident :lol: I neva thought of it. I came up with Ami and was thinking of another sort name that was easy to remember to wonda it was the first one to pop up.

Editted some more, expanded on the Nagai, the martial art and added the ship though I may get rid of the ship for something that makes more sense. When I thought her up I wasn't even thiking about a ship to be honest.

Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:58 pm

Barring mod aprroval I went ahead and posted the Ashlyn and getting to the Xagi, just have to post them so you'll get your choice between them.

Character Listing

Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:22 pm

Both have been posted pending approval.

Character Listing

Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next