View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 5:33 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 What Hides Amidst the Trees (For Kanoe) *completed* 

Post Re: What Hides Amidst the Trees (For Kanoe)
She led the way though she went at a pace so Aeria could walk beside her. Even if no words were being said, just having someone to walk with helped calm her nerves. Kanoe allowed her thoughts to drift and focus on the student's unique power. It was similar to Erica's ability involving manipulating water. But that had a clear element involved so it was a bit easier for the witch to explain and study. This instead was pure force.

Unsure where else to go, Kanoe led the other student to her dorm room. It was not exactly safe but no other rooms were much better. At least they would have a place to sit and be alone for the time being. She opens the door for Aeria before closing it behind them. Kanoe's dorm room was dimly lit but as the witch adjusted the curtains, light revealed the room to be in near perfect condition. The furniture was of good design but not to the point one would call the place lavishly decorated. Her mistress always provided her and her lover gifts to make the room more appropriate for servants of a noble woman. And by Natsuki's high standards, Clarice had to keep the room perfectly clean.

"Have a seat, would you like some tea or water?" she asked as she gently pulled out a chair for Aeria to sit in. There were only four unlit candles sitting on the table. "My apologies, I do not do much beyond read so there is not much in my room. But it is at least quiet if you ever seek silence." she smiled softly as she went to the kitchen to prepare for her guest.

My Monster: Vespira
My ADD: Alexandra

Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:14 pm

Aeria was clearly comfortable with the silence between them, trailing after the oddly adorned woman and finally walking beside her till they reached her dorm room. Aeria blinked in surprise at how clean and decorated the room was, her own paling by comparison. Offhandedly she commented "Do all juniors get such nice living spaces? Both yours and another's I visited make mine look awful"

She slid herself into the chair that Kanoe offered and smiled up to her. "Tea would be wonderful actually. My ability leave me with headaches when I use it" She took a few moments as Kanoe was in the kitchen to look about the immaculate room before asking her as she returned "So how do you hope to help me improve my abilities. The source and way it is used seem pretty different. And to be entirely honest even I have no idea how it occurs, I just can utilize it. The only thing I am certain of is that it is connected to nerves in my arms as well as my head. If I can't move my arms and make certain gestures I can't use my abilities. It's odd I know but..." She trailed off. She had learned that limitation to her ability the hard way.

Whether it be to offer constructive criticism of my writing (that is always appreciated), an offer to start another thread, or just random nonsense don't hesitate to pm me. I don't bite.

Life's been overwhelming me as of late and my responses have been sporadic at best. I am sorry to all of those whom I have active scenes with and I will try to reply as promptly as I can.

Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:44 pm

Kanoe gave a weak smile, "We are kinda neat freaks I suppose. Though when I am studying the table is usually cluttered with books and notes and the such." The witch returned a short time later with a ornate tea tray and set. She poured Aeria a steaming cup of green tea and handed it to her before pouring a cup for herself. She took a seat and took a small sip before thinking on how to answer.

"Then yours in a way have similar components to magic at least for now. Much like in story books, magic is done through channelling but to form the magic easier mages would use incantations and gestures along with various components to help fuel their magic and make it more stable," she began softly, "In the end though, none of it is required to actually cast. It just makes things alot easier. I have yet to get my control stable enough to cast without using words and gestures."

"You may think it is connected to your arms but it may be just your mind using the connection as a brace as you continue to train these new mental capabilities you have," the witch continued, "Tell me, what goes through your mind as you use this power? Tell me what you feel, what you sense. Do not leave even the smallest of details out. If you wish, you may close your eyes and try to walk through the steps one by one in your head. Consider it a form of meditation. The more we know, the more we can narrow it down."

Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:56 pm

Aeria accepted the tea graciously and took a sip of it, a bright looking coming to her face. She was getting used to the bitter brew that she made, this actually tasted very nice. She had been more asking about the furniture itself but she held off further questions on that subject as Kanoe began to speak. Her expression was attentive and she set the tea aside to listen, frowning in thought of Kanoe's description of how it all worked. It seemed plausible, the mind worked in mysterious ways, but at the same time she was uncertain if that principle applied to her own abilities.

At Kanoe's encouragement she nodded slightly and reached down into her back pack, drawing out an empty soda can. Placing it on the table she closed her eyes and murmured. "Usually I start off with an object to focus on, something I can see in front of me. That starts the process." One eye opened part way as she lifted her left hand towards the can. "Next I focus upon it more intently and I get a feeling of... almost like static electricity coursing through my arms." Her other arm rose up and she brought both forward to place on either side of the can, about an inch off of both sides "Then I try to aim the energy that is building within my arms, this is usually where I begin to feel the beginnings of my headache." Kanoe likely would notice that her fingers began to twitch and there was a barely tangible wave in the air around her hands as the energy that was collecting was exciting the air about her arms. "The faster I try and force it out the more painful it is for me. But if I let it build gradually..." the can began to warp inwards slightly "I can pretty much let it all go like an arrow and..." Her hands jerked and the can went flat in an instant with an audible crunch of aluminum. It was blade thin, still a bit cylindrical and had been hit with enough force to fuse the malleable metal together. She leaned back, reaching for the tea and taking a sip of it, a twinge of pain felt in the front of her head. "And that's it. I really can't grab anything. Though as of late I've found I can constantly push out an increasing wave of energy and then let it explode outward. The tree is what happens when I do that. And I think I've begun to be able to curve it around corners, but I haven't really practiced that much yet." She looked up to Kanoe to see what she made of it.

Whether it be to offer constructive criticism of my writing (that is always appreciated), an offer to start another thread, or just random nonsense don't hesitate to pm me. I don't bite.

Life's been overwhelming me as of late and my responses have been sporadic at best. I am sorry to all of those whom I have active scenes with and I will try to reply as promptly as I can.

Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:19 pm

The dark witch watched intently as Aeria explained and showed a demonstration of her kinetic power. The situation had some similarities with how she would channel a bolt of shadow with the mana running through her arm and so forth. Kanoe sipped her tea lightly as she took in all the data she had collected.

"From the limitations you have, you may only have kinetic powers at only a partial level," she said finally, "But I am not ready to make such a claim just yet. This could all just be from a lack of guidance and experience. You say it originates from your hands, building tension until you release it like a bow. But if you say you can curve it, then it may be possible to do it without gestures though I would not try it until you become more used to using it like you are now."

Kanoe took a short break from speaking to drink her tea before continuning, "Have you ever try pulling an object rather than pushing? Until I see some trials of attempts of pulling an object towards you, we will not fully know the limits of your potential. If you can push and pull, then grabbing would just be a matter of doing both at once without crushing the object. But if you cannot, then your powers will be limited in that your attacks would all come from the same starting point. Though, if you can curve it enough then you could try using your kinetic energy as a mean hook to hit something from behind if nothing else."

"I suppose the question now is," she looked at the crushed can or rather flattened can, "How much pain are you in right now? Where does it hurt? Is it always the same place, does it spread? You mentioned headaches from using your power too much or forcing it too quickly." She smiled softly, "My apologies, I must really sound like a pest asking so many questions."

Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:19 am

Aeria was rather taken aback by all of the questions, chuckling faintly and responding in a light tone "It's perfectly ok Kanoe... I've just never really explained my ability to anyone in full detail before nor have I ever seen someone take such an interest in it." She took in a breath considering where to begin answering Kanoe's questions. "I believe I am of this 'limited' type as you mentioned. I've begun to be able to... sharpen my force, hitting more like a blade than a club, but that's still a work in progress. But as for the source, the source is me. I can't make the power originate from any other place. And the curving of my ability isn't exactly a sharp one yet, so I don't believe I'd be able to hit something towards me. And when I do curve it I guide it with my hands. I've likened it to a gun at times. My mind is the cartridge, powder and bullet, my arms are the barrel and my hands the place where it emerges. Only I've never seen anyone curve a bullet before" She chuckled faintly at that.

"As for where it hurts it is always the same place. The front of my head. I did a little bit of research a while ago and I think the source of my ability is in the frontal lobe of my brain. I've never had a CAT scan or anything so I wouldn't know for sure, but that's where it hurts when I overuse my ability. The pain ranges from a minor twinge to debilitating. Right now I'm barely feeling it. Much like I've been flicked rather firmly on my forehead, but from the inside if that makes any sense"

She took in a breath and went to her tea, waiting to see what Kanoe made of that bit of information.

Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:03 am

"You may be right and your power may only be used for pushing and punching holes through things," she said with a smile, "A pity but I suppose pure offensive force is what you need for what you intend on doing. I suppose working on lessening the pain and being able to focus more shots out before exhausting yourself would be key. That and being able to aim and shoot quickly since a monster will probably try to avoid it if they know its coming."

"My only advice is to try and meditate. It may help release tension and relax you so you can continue focusing your power," she continued softly, "But since I cannot experience what you experience when using your powers, this is all I can gather so far. I wish I could be more useful to you, Aeria," she smiled faintly, "You have been rather open about your ability. It has been some time since I had a gifted guest in my room."

Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:38 pm

Aeria laughed with honest mirth and stated "Don't go judging me just because my power's about as blunt as a mallet. Punching holes in things isn't all I can do. I've been able to take care of myself and hide this for the majority of my life. It just isn't an option here" Her smile faded away slightly at that tangent her thoughts were taking, physically shaking her head to banish the depressing train of thought.

"Anyways!" She exclaimed in an overly positive tone, "I have little experience with meditation. Don't witches... burn candles or something to help them focus? My experience with meditation is limited to... closing my eyes and just thinking intently, but I don't believe that is what you are asking of me to try" Aeria wasn't much of a sit still kind of girl, so meditation wasn't exactly something she had ever thought about adding to her repertoire. But if Kanoe thought that it would improve her ability then she would at least give it a chance. One small problem though. She was always wound about as tight as a spring. Not exactly the best frame of mind for meditation.

Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:12 pm

Kanoe giggled in amusement. "Now now, it is fine. My magic is rather blunt as well. Only recently has my control been strong enough to handle a bit more finesse in my spells. I have been studying since I was a child and still have only made so much progress." The witch leaned back in her chair as she pondered how to explain the next question.

"Meditation is just a state of being. If candles and closing your eyes helps then do so but it is not required specifically," she answered, "I use a form of meditation to allow myself to see strands of mana which helps me guide and channel my magic. But like all things, tension tends to hinder the ability to do anything whether it is normal or supernatural." She sighed and smiled faintly. "Learning to relax is probably the first step though I am not that skilled in it myself. But to overcome it I use a rather blunt method as well at times. Just work out to the point you are too exhausted to even worry about anything anymore. Whether it is physical, mental, or magical just strain yourself till you have no choice but rest. Then you can try and reach a state of calmness."

"There are various ways to cope with stress and meditation is one of them. Things like just focusing on your breathing and what you feel in every part of your body in a body scan. There are countless methods and techniques. It is difficult to explain them all. I just try and use what works for me."

Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:29 pm

Aeria listened as Kanoe explained the process to reach the state where meditation was possible attentively, but a few key phrases made her expression go flat and she sighed dejectedly. "I'm not sure if you can see this as I've gotten relatively good at hiding it, but I'm not exactly what you would call a relaxed person. Especially here. Working myself to exhaustion I guess might work, but that would take a while. I can't tire myself out with my ability, just knock myself out." Well there was one method she could think of off the top of her head, but that wasn't exactly an option.

She rolled her neck lightly and muttered "I just don't know how I'm supposed to relax when even my body refuses too. Last time I felt loose was... a while ago" A very faint hint of red tinged her cheeks as a pleasant memory came into her mind. One she crushed immediately. She could NOT afford to start thinking like that. She couldn't slip up.

Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:40 pm

"And you think I am relaxed?" she replied, "Knocking yourself out is not exactly what I mean. If unconciousness was all it took then all of us would be masters at meditating." This was difficult though. She knew some ways of getting relaxed but she had only met this woman. The witch was rather open with meeting other lovely students physically but this encounter was more business than pleasure. She would not want to lose any respect from this student who has so kindly given her so much information.

Kanoe's eyes widen slightly as Aeria mentioned something more personal that would relax her. Well there was that, definitely that. The dark witch gave a knowing smile as she spoke. "That would work. It would at least be something you gave consent for and have control over rather than... well you know." She finished her tea before relaxing against her chair once more. "But I doubt you wish to get so personal with someone you have only met. I can help you with relaxing your body a different way. If you are interested, I am a rather capable masseuse. I can at least help get the stress out of your muscles and take care of any kinks you may have."

Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:03 pm

Aeria blushed noticeably this time, her eyes averted slightly from the witches face and she murmured "No... I'm not really like that." Well that wasn't entirely true. She and Elise had hit it off quite spectacularly in a manner of about an hour if that much. But she brightened up noticeably at the word masseuse and nodded almost vigorously. "Oh gods would I love that. Meditation aside I've been more tense in the past weeks than I have been my entire life." And for obvious reasons too.

She drained the last bits of tea from her glass, looking about the room and asked "Where would you like me?" Thinking to herself how she would repay the gesture. So far she viewed herself ever growingly in debt to the dark haired witch. And the fact of the matter was she couldn't think of any way to repay her kindness. Well she'd figure out something she guessed.

Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:42 pm

The witch was amused at how off balanced the woman was getting. Seems there was little secrets that Aeria has yet to reveal. In a school such at this, it did not take much thought to consider what those secrets may be. But she had no interest in pushing the matter further. Aeria had been very kind to her so far and even consoled her despite her weakness back at the fields. She would not take advantage of the woman or at least not yet.

Kanoe was shocked by the response she got about massages. Unfortunately she had not experienced any beyond the sensual type of stroking and teasing of flesh. But as a servant, she had learned how to properly massage the female body. Anything that would possibly pamper or pleasure her mistress Natsuki, she had very thorough teachings in. Of course she would not reveal that she learned her skills from a monster. That would only bring more tension to the situation.

"Hmm.." she looked around her room for a bit, "I really do not have a proper table for this. But I can either work on the floor or the bed. I believe the bed would be more comfortable if you do not mind it." The witch rose to her feet and gently pushed her chair in as she waited for her answer.

Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:10 pm

Aeria was about as subtle as her powers were when it came to disguising her intentions from other people. Oh she could clamp down and not say anything if pressured, but under a soft touch it wasn't hard to get something out of her. Mostly it was because she had been such a loner, and even now still was fairly introverted and prone to claustrophobia when in large crowds. Just now there was the added paranoia of being left alone. It left her in knots, quite literally, which was why she so eagerly accepted the offer for a massage.

She took up the offer of the bed, an uncomfortable laying position rather defeating the purpose of getting a massage in the first place and practically threw herself face down on top of it. Without so much as a blink or blush she wiggled her shirt up to her neck, sliding her arms out of her sleeves and drew off the garment. Apparently in her head there was a difference between lying naked on someone else's bed and lying naked on a bed to receive a massage. She never claimed to be simple.

Her back was fairly well muscled, especially for a woman, not losing the feminine curves one would expect on a female, or the softness of her skin, but still being far more toned than most. Muscles, very knotted up and tense muscles at that, were especially present in her back, thighs and arms. She had a few scars here and there, none of them overly large or disfiguring, but still noticeable. She had lived an active life and had fallen on sharp objects occasionally. Looking over her shoulder at Kanoe she said thankfully "I really appreciate this Kanoe."

Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:03 am

A sly smirk spread across her lips as she watched the woman willingly throw herself onto her bed. Without even saying a word, Aeria had already stripped off her tank top, leaving the woman half nude. She had to wonder if other women were so eager for a massage.

She could not help but lick her lips for a moment at the sight. Kanoe's libido was rousing at the willing woman. Being a dark witch had made her much darker personality wise. She had urges and needs and was willing to do much to satisfy them. But for now she fought them off. Patience was needed and for now she will build trust with this one. Having another fighter type can be helpful in the future even for someone as doomed as herself.

Kanoe bowed politely at the thanks she was given. Slowly the witch crawled up onto the bed. Aeria would feel the soft fabric of her robes as she stradled and sat on top of the woman. First only the fingertips touched the pale skin. They lightly spread and explored along the student's back and down the woman's arms before sliding down the sides. Her hands then pressed down as she began to lightly stroke the muscles.

"How do you prefer it?" she asked softly starting with the light strokes, "Gentle or... Rough?" At the word rough, her fingers dig into a particular knotted muscle. It may cause pain in those not used to massages as she dug into the muscles very fibers and work the kinks out forcibly.

Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:27 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next