View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 10:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Practice Makes Perfect (for Jojo) 

Post Practice Makes Perfect (for Jojo)
SEE WHAT YOU HAVE!
KENDO TOURNMENT THIS AFTERNOON
1PM TO 3PM
BRIAR FIELD
OPEN TO ALL REGARDLESS OF EXPERIENCE OR SKILL LEVEL

That had been on the bulletin board outside her bedroom across the hall. His node had already delved into her mind telling him that she did not have any classes going on at that time nor did she have anything planned.

He had already been at the field, a bunch of illusionary students surrounding him. The weather had been fair, slightly overcast but warm enough. There had been one of the blue mats here so common to gyms everywhere while there had even been a rack here containing boken for those that had not come with their own.

The students had been broken up into groups already based on their experience level. Beginners had been grouped together, those that had never lifted a boken before, intermediate students and of course experts.

He had been in a black gi, taking the form of a middle aged man with a tan complexion. His arms crossed over his chest as his brown eyes surveyed all those that had showed up. His long black hair had been tied up in a pony tail that danced slightly in the wind.

Character Listing

Summoned or not, the god will come.

Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:49 am

Post Re: Practice Makes Perfect (for Jojo)
Jojo was so excited about today. She finished up world history class as she raced to her own room to change her cloths. Once in her room she found her old gi. It was a third phase black which is the equalivent to 5th degree black belt. She holstered her foil as she walked calmly into the hall. Once she was at the blue mat area she grabbed a bokin and knealed praying silently to Budda as she waited.

Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:27 pm

He scanned the group as they fluttered around in their own little clicks though he had seen Jojo in prayer after taking up her boken. He grinned then approached. He could easily pierce the veil of her mind and did so now as he gathered up more information on her past.

Knowing that she had been skilled and her surface thoughts. He smiled lightly. "I'm Omwatu Kenoshi. Call me Ken. And you are?" He knew who she had been of course. This entire situation, this entire rouse had been set up for her.

Character Listing

Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:12 am

Jojo's eyes fluttered open as she felt the prescence of someone behind her. "Hello... Ken,I prefer to save my name till after we royale. For now a name you decide to call me makes no difference." She said keeping her name secret. She then registered herself into the tournement under the alias of "XXX."

Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:32 am

"Hm ..." he brought a hand to his chin as he thought, his dark eyes washing over her as he did so. Observing her blue hair he associated that with a color and worked backwards from there in thought. All this had only took a few seconds.

"Cobalt then," he said at last on account of her blue hair. When she had been all signed in he asked of her experience so that he knew which group to place her in.

It had been the last group to square off going from novices to most experienced. Although there were a few interesting match ups in each tournament each match followed by comments and pointers from Ken where and when necessary. But it had finally came to her time.

She had been on the mat with her first challenger, a raven haired girl that had her hair tied into a braid that flowed behind her back all the way done to her waist. Her brown eyes had been a light sandy color though they had been set upon her with a Sharpe intensity as she gripped her boken.

Character Listing

Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:49 am

Jojo was ready for this. She held her boken above her head as she croutched one leg leaning on another leg. She then asked, "If you wish to back out do so now." Jojo's opponent responded by getting in a stance. Jojo charged forward slamming the boken into her gut. The boken had also broke.

Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:58 am

And just like that it was over. She tried to intercept the attack, turn it aside with her own boken but Jojo had been too quick for her. Her own boken falling out of her hand as she dropped down to her knees and doubled over in pain.

Ken raised an eyebrow but had otherwise been non plussed. "Take her down to the infirmary," he stated to a short haired student that moved to the side of the other student assisting her up then guiding her away to the nurse's station at a slow pace all that the other girl had been capable of as tears streamed down her cheeks.

"Quick ... very good," Ken commented before walking away. The rest of the round went by rather quickly as 16 became 8. Her next opponent had been a bull of a girl, a freshman, over weight but deceptively quick.

"You're going down," she said to Jojo as she took her place, spat to the left then glared at Jojo.

Character Listing

Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:50 pm

This chunky girl walked in front of Jojo as she was in a very calm stance. "I'll beat you without a boken then," Jojo said throwing the boken aside. Once the bell rang the girl swung around as if breaking a pillar. Jojo ducked and as quickly as the first it was over as she kicked the girl's knees and then her chin went upward. "Never judge an opponent by size alone. That was your failure."

Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:02 pm

8 became 4. Aegir had been planning on stepping things up a notch with the remaining contenders. He figured that it was best for her to work more, to tire herself and he would do just that so she wouldn't have anything in the reserve tank to deal with him, not that he had been worried about her struggling against him. It was just easier.

So he selected another illusionary student from his repetoire. Green long hair entwined with flowers had been in this students hair. In the fingers of her left hand she held a flower, sniffed it then cast it aside. Her hair matched the color of her eyes, a deep green.

At her side she held her boken, bowed but in the process kept her eyes level with Jojo's. She smile, felll into a rather relaxed stance as her weapon still dangled at her side rather then getting out in front of her as was custamary.

Character Listing

Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:40 am

Jojo sheathed her boken bowing as well. "Hmmm... Green eyes and hair are odd. What country are you from?" Jojo was truly curious as the flower was cast aside. When she looked in the green eyes, as emotionless as they were, she saw something fake and empty. A hollow shell...

Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:03 pm

"Germany ... East Germany to be specific," she answered barely above a whisper, her voice had been soft. She waited for the signal to begin. She was a master of iajitsu, of quick draw, so her at rest posture was deceiving. As the signal had been given to start she reacted in less than a blink of the eye her boken came up at Jojo, who had only managed to see the shadow of the weapon a split second before it would have landed against her chest painfully.

At the last moment Jojo would move, dodging instinctively to the left. She was quick, damn quick as she spun about to make a follow up attack against her which Jojo barely intercepted ...

Character Listing

Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:57 pm

"A german?..." Jojo then smiled as emotion filled her opponent's eyes. Jojo could now see her opponent's strike. "Your a failure to practice swords," Jojo said as she blocked the attack with her foil. She had filled it with 300 watts of electricity, unseen by the eye, destroying her opponent's boken. Jojo then sweep kicked the girl in the air. "Your finished," Jojo said as she hit her to the ground with her own boken.

Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:23 am

But the girl rolled to her left avoiding most of the blow. Her left arm had been clipped, hanging limply by her side as if it had been broken and there had been a grunt of pain issuing out of her lips but she sprang to her feet.

Her boken may have been splintered in a thousand shards but that seemed not to deter her any as a thin smile broke over her soft features, the wind blowing back her green hair.

"Leave it to one to cheat and not rely solely on the skill of they blade. Very well two can play at that game." She extended her right hand out in her direction blasting Jojo with telekinetic punch to the chest that had disarmed her sword as it had flown from her fingers. She followed that up by a blast to the gut that had been painful enough to keel her over.

The third and fourth blasts barely missed as Jojo avoid these ... the girl had been cursing under her breath in German as she flexed out her left arm as if checking on how injured she was. "You're not the only one with surprises ..."

Character Listing

Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:56 am

Jojo smiled as she saw the girl keel over. In an odd language used only by the monsters here she appeared beside the girl wispering in Syrictae, "All the marks are there. You were ravaged a few days ago so allow me to asist you in a memory wipe." She saw the girl's eyes widen as she brought her arm up and shocked the girl's cranium. No it wasn't enough to clear her memory but it was enough to knock her out.

Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:26 am

And finally 4 became 2. The final two. So she was to face Linda. Lyn was a red headed girl that sported a tattoo on half her face. A Mari by birth she had been thick though not in the way that you would associate this with fat. She was just genetically big.

Her skin had been a mocha color, her eyes dark brown with straight frizzy black hair that pooled down around her shoulders.

All her life one would have believed that she had been exposed to warrior arts, not necessarily ken do but the Maori arts. Still what she had known, what she had been exposed to leant her well to kendo though brute strength was obliviously on her side here.

Character Listing

Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next