View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 9:25 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 The Lady and the Wolf 

Post The Lady and the Wolf
Edward took the girl's hand in his gently, as he led her to the dance floor. He then bowed to her, and said. "Milady, before we begin, will you be so kind as to grant me the knowledge of your name? I do believe we have not been properly introduced."

Tue May 18, 2010 2:22 am
Profile YIM

Post Re: The Lady and the Wolf
"My name? Such a formality, yet at the same time, the only way for you to ever find me after tonight." She smiles at him mischievously. "Earn it, my dear. Make me want to see you again." She, of course, meant through dance, through wooing, through general courting.

Tue May 18, 2010 11:16 am

He quirked an eyebrow at her request. She was different this one. She knew what he was, and yet, still politely turned down his request. He could not wait to verbally spar with her again. But as she said, she had a right to withhold her name, which was natural for self preservation.

He then said. "You are one interesting lady, I must say. Very well then." He then took her hand, and began to lead her in a slow, romantic dance, one of few that he learnt. You don't become the heir of two minor noble families and don't learn a thing or two about dancing. That, and the endless soirees and balls that he had endured for two years, had taught him quite a few moves about dancing, and he is proficient in at least ten types of dance styles.

Wed May 19, 2010 6:38 am
Profile YIM

She smiled with confidence at the man, belaying that she was not shy of being as such. She'd taken some dancing courses within her high school years, taking them in the place of phys ed courses in order to avoid the piercing presence of boys and to keep herself in shape throughout the years. She took his hand without hesitation and moved with him, her white dress swaying in the wind created by their movements. She smiled, yet did not look up at him, simply trying to enjoy the moment and not look too deeply into it. Her eyes were gazing off into space as she tried to maintain her concentration, recognizing the dance style and its pace as soon as she allowed herself to slip into the mindset. Her high-heel clad feet moved with no trouble. She'd never liked high heels, but knew how to walk in them when required, which was typically at events such as these.

Fri May 21, 2010 11:30 pm

Edward grinned as she soon kept up with the pace in the dance that he led her. She was an interesting young woman, and he could tell tonight was going to be an interesting night for the both of them.

He soon led her to a slightly faster paced version of a ballroom dance that he had learned, and wondered if she could keep up with him as well.

Mon May 24, 2010 11:08 am
Profile YIM

Diana had been practiced and learned, but she was no expert. She tried her hardest to keep up, but her calves quickly grew sore from the faster movements, the farther reaching strides. Her glittering blue eyes went up to meet his. "Can we please slow down a bit?" she whispered. "I don't think I can keep up," she said almost apologetically.

Mon May 24, 2010 2:12 pm

Edward just chuckled sheepishly as he slowed down his moves, reverting to a slow paced waltz with her. " I apologize, milady. I am unaware that you are not used to such high precision moves. In truth, I assumed you were an expert, since you danced beautifully alongside me."

He then held her close and then said, whispering softly in her ear. "Tell you what... if we meet the next time, would you promise that you would cooperate? Then I can teach you some dancing moves... as well as a bit of magic, if you are interested."

Wed May 26, 2010 4:35 am
Profile YIM

Diana raised an eyebrow and tilted her head slightly. Magic? Who is this guy? She then lowered her eyes, staring down at the tie that he wore as she considered the offer. Then, distracted as she was, she lost her rhythm and tripped, starting to fall down. Instead of letting herself fall, she clung desperately to the man, unintentionally drawing herself closer to his chest and their faces very close together. She glances up into his eyes apologetically.

Wed May 26, 2010 10:28 am

Edward gently supported her as she clung on to him like a log on a stormy sea, and brought her gently against him. He smiled at her and said. "You are safe with me, milady... at least for tonight. Accidents do happen you know, when you are not paying attention."

He soon helped her regain her footing, and then said. "Shall we dance again, milady? I would hate to see this truce that happens tonight end in a sour note. At least I feel that way... I don't know the rest of my brethren though."

Thu May 27, 2010 8:32 am
Profile YIM

Diana's eyebrows furrowed and her head tilted. "Truce? What do you mean? Are you guys from some sort of sister-school of Shokushu's or something?" She stood up on her own two feet again, her hands still in his grasp. She knew full well about accidents, she was very clumsy, not because she lacked motor skills, but rather because she day dreamed. A lot.

Thu May 27, 2010 10:51 am

Edwad blinked at her comment, and then looked at her a bit in disbelief. Was she really that ignorant and naive about what is really going on here in this school? Or is this just an act to let him reveal his true identity? He did not know, but he really had to be careful about what he was going to say next.

"In a matter of speaking, yes I suppose." He said thoughtfully. "The heads between the two schools has been at loggerheads at each other.. so that is why I say it is a truce. But lets not worry about that this night? After all, we are here to enjoy our time together, are we not?"

Fri May 28, 2010 4:04 am
Profile YIM

Brethren. That sounds like something that some sort of evil coven would say. Something that a group of evil, vile sorcerers would call each other or cultists. Or... The realization donned over her but she refused to believe it. "Yes, of course. Let's enjoy ourselves."

Fri May 28, 2010 11:30 am

As he continued to dance with her, he studied her expression and smiled to himself. Judging by her slight change of expression, she must have somehow figured out what he was, though he had to commend her on her bravery. But this place, tonight was a neutral ground... at least until the lights died down.

He then nodded and said. "Is there any dances that you prefer, milady? I am well versed in many dances, and all you need to do is to name them, and I would do my best to perform it with you."

Sat May 29, 2010 4:44 am
Profile YIM

Diana was deep in thought, each time a male pranced into her view her mind's eye would reshape his body into some misshapen monstrosity. Shudders ran down her spine each time she saw one smile and court a girl, or dance with her. Was every single one of them something beyond what they seemed? Or was she simply chosen out of the lot to experience this. She blinked a few times when she heard someone speak with her and gazed up into his eyes. She blushed softly and tilted her head to the side. "I'm sorry, I wasn't listening, can you repeat what you said?"

Sat May 29, 2010 2:21 pm

Edward chuckled as he continued to dance with her, and smiled as he caught her thinking.. or daydreaming. Either way, the way she looked when she was lost in thought was quite interesting to him, and he swore to get to know her a bit more before the night's true 'festivities' will begin.

He then smiled at her and said. " As I said earlier, milady... are there any dances that you prefer, milady? I am well versed in many dances, and all you need to do is to name them, and I would do my best to perform it with you."

Sun May 30, 2010 4:30 am
Profile YIM
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 63 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next