View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 5:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Bookworm (for Pia) 

Post Re: Bookworm (for Pia)
"Yeah!", Pia said, suddenly remembering that this venture was not without it's dangers. "We better get back."

Still, Pia could not help but glance at her house. This trip had been eventful, to say the least. She would need to take sometime to sort through her emotions. She wished she could give her parents a message, somehow. Or even just whisper in their ears, even if they could not hear it. But given the situation.. Maybe not.

She sighed, and looked back at Cindy. At least they had accomplished something today, saving that girl. "Let's go."

The Shokushu Pixies

Striktor, undead pirate.

Astrid, red scarf of the Tramps.

Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:11 pm
Profile YIM

Cindy's gaze followed Pia's back to the house then she heard the other announce that they should get going. Cindy nodded weakly though her eyes remained fixed on the house. She seemed to know what Pia was thinking all the same.

"You know, if you want you could leave your folks a note in the letter box. Writing will be off though seeing how your fingers after some time will pass through any pen you use. It can be done though and with a little practice your fingers will have a loose grip on any pen so they don't pass through it."

She glanced back then, waiting to gauge Pia's response as to what direction they were going to head off in, whether they were going back or having a brief stop at her home again.

Character Listing

Summoned or not, the god will come.

Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:37 pm

"You..we.. I you and me.. can do that?"
Pia's big blue eyes grew larger with each millisecond, her mouth growing wider as she considered the implications. "It.. it is possible?"

Without even realizing it, her eyes watered, gaining a glassy appearance. Leaving a message would mean everything. It was a chance to cry for help, or to perhaps soothe her parents, in case they guessed something was wrong. Or even say a last goodbye, should she fail to return. It was the best news she had heard in a long time. She almost did not dare to hope.

"I miss them so much.." she said in a pained voice. "Can we return later, or can we do it.. now?"

The Shokushu Pixies

Striktor, undead pirate.

Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:00 pm
Profile YIM

"Yes, we can do that. I got enough experience with astral projection to use impliments and can even give you a crash course on things to let do it. It took me years of practice to do so though. And either or, we can come back here or do so now if you'd like."

Cindy smiled as she gazed at Pia though she had no doubt about her answer as she could see such clearly on her face. "We'll need to get ahold of some paper and writing implements though I'm sure you have those at your home,"

Character Listing

Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:00 am

Pia jumped up and down in excitement.
"Yes, yes.. there is plenty! We even have a small room for working and studying.. there should be paper and pencils there.. oh can we do this?"

Pia was not able to contain herself any more. She dashed towards the house, grabbing the door handle. She passed through it, of course, and her momentum made her fall through the door. Momentarily confused, she got up. The little study was just to the left. There would be notebooks there, and writing materials. She had used to do her homework there, when she did not do them in her room, and her parents were often taking work home with them. She waited for Cindy to catch up.
Was that a sound she heard? Pia had forgotten the embarrassment of discovering what her parents had been doing, but now she remembered. Again she was confused. Maybe she should have opted to return later. She did not want to hear anything, yet she could not quite still her curiosity. And she was dreading if a moan should escape so Cindy could hear it.

The Shokushu Pixies

Striktor, undead pirate.

Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:28 pm
Profile YIM

"Yes ..."

That had been all that Cindy managed before Pia sped off to the house. She followed close behind though of course not at the speed of her companion and fought the urge to laugh when Pia grabbed at the door knob and fell through the door in her haste.

Now Aegir was projecting everything into Pia's head. As it was she was still in her dorm room and this had been little more than an illusion. A little taste of what could be of course.

Cindy appeared as she walked through the heavy wooden door. She could see the tail end of Pia as she dipped into the study and followed. Once there she glanced around then moved over to a desk. She concentrated then opened up draw after draw until she came across a pad of yellow lined paper and fished out a few pens.

"Now to grab anything is a little tricky ... you have to envision touching it or manipulating it before toying with something. It may seem daunting at first, frustrating even, but don't let that discourage you.

"Now picture grasping the pen before you do it. Envision picking it up before you try."

Character Listing

Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:59 pm

Pia nodded.With the rush of adrenaline, it was a bit hard to concentrate, but Pia wished to learn, and she could learn fast if she wanted to. She closed her eyes, and tried to do as she was told. It was actually harder than she thought. Picking up a pen, holding it.. How many thousand times had she done that? It was such a commonplace thing, she had problems envisioning it.

I start with.. reaching out. Moving my hand closer to the pen. I will have my hand open.. mostly open. Touch it with my fingers. Grip it with two, no probably three fingers. Feel it.. hard, slightly cold against my skin. A small rod. I will lift it up. Move it so it rests against my hand.. my finger will guide it. The point will point to the parer..

Her efforts was really just in vain, the whole scenario controlled by Aegir. But her mind was doing a very real effort, even if it was wasted on an illusion.

The Shokushu Pixies

Striktor, undead pirate.

Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:10 am
Profile YIM

The first few attempts resulted in failure but she actually managed it after a small while and a bit of effort on her part. Cindy smiled. "Good, good, just like that. Veronica, a girl I knew at my last school, thought that this was akin to telekinesis in a way. Striking objects, manipulating them ... since we have no real corpeal bodies I'd have to agree with her.

"Sheer act of will I'd say. Of course our consciousness is with us. Now the pen probably feels odd right about now, take a second or so just to get use to the feel. I'll warn you, doing something like writing, using finesse so to speak, will make your initial attempts of writing sloopy, legible but sloopy."

Character Listing

Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:17 pm

It did feel odd. It was hard to explain, but it felt more like the idea of a pen, rather like an actual pen. Perhaps because she was in reality thinking about holding a pen more than doing it, but Pia was to entrapped in the world of illusion to figure it out.

Using every iota of will, she tried moving the pen. It was hard to do. Even more so, because she found herself trembling with uncertainity when she considered what to write. There was so much to say..

Doubt struck her. Should she try to ask for help? What if her parents were not able to help. Then she would only cause them more grief. Yet if she did not return, as was likely, they would feel grief anyway. So, should she say goodbye then? Or assure she would return. Would they even believe it was her?

Suddenly, her lower lip was quivering. The task was just too hard. Choking back her heavy emotions, she tried formulating the words.

Mother, she began. She tried to envision the letter in her head.

Mother and Father I am trapped but I will return Wait for me Miss you both -Pia

The Shokushu Pixies

Striktor, undead pirate.

Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:43 pm
Profile YIM

Cindy could see that matters were difficult for her, of course Aegir knew what was on Pia's mind being a superb telepath. Reading her thoughts he had no need to see what had been written down on the paper since he had been tapped directly into her mind as she wrote, summoning up the effort to do so.

But she was still at Shokushu, consider this a trial run in what things could be like. He absorbed all her responses into his mind and stored them for later when they were needed. It was rare that he entered into deals but as time passed he had been able to glean more and more into her mind flowing through the subconscious to draw out the matters that he had been most interested in - the book!

So this "ruse" so to speak let him accomplish his own fact finding while keeping Pia busy. Cindy shot her a small concerned smile though she had not made mention of her emotional state, probably already knowing it from observing her.

"Hard? Is it?" She questioned unaware of what was written on the paper. She patted her shoulder, the touch feeling odd given her astral state. The intent had been there of course. A show of sympathy.

"Where are you going to leave it?"

Character Listing

Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:05 pm

This was a golden opportunity for Aegir to find out more about the book. The book was vital to Pia's hopes she would be able to return to Earth. So much hinged on it. Right now, it existed in two forms. One as a file on an USB unit in her bag, not far from where Pia and 'Cindy' were sitting. ANother as printed paper stashed away behind a closet in the same room. It was not much, yet. A brief outline, a summary of the main parts, and a few parts written in more detail. So little, meaning so much to her.

"Yeah.. uh.. where to put it..", Pia said, her face showing she had just used a lot of mental exertion. "Uh.. I suppose on the desk would be easiest.."

That way her parents would find it, at least. They would probably begin to wonder about how it was placed there. She would try to explain that little mystery when she got back.

The Shokushu Pixies

Striktor, undead pirate.

Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:45 pm
Profile YIM

Aegir had been slowly braking the seals on the locks so to speak. He absorbed the contents of the book with ease. He had not expected that there would be much done at this stage since it was a short while ago that he had encountered her.

Still every bit of knowledge was good and he felt the need to check on her progress. He had always assumed that she would follow through though give the potential rewards, and now though this had been an illusion he gave her a little taste of what returning would be like.

More importantly she was making a bit of progress on it and had a basic skeleton formed giving her outline. Cindy grinned, a small grin touched her lips though it faded quiet quickly from her lips as if she had been recalling her role here.

Aegir did have things planned out further than this, however, but being as patient as he was he was remarkably patient.

Cindy lifted a brow. "Wouldn't it be less creepy if they found it in the mail box rather than here?"

Character Listing

Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:56 pm

"Uh.. Yeah. I suppose so.", Pia said. She had been under the impression that moving it so far was going to be hard. But then again, Cindy had been proving herself to be capable of a lot. And it did seem more natural.
"Okay. If you think we can do it, I guess we can try."

She thought a bit. "You know, you have been doing a lot for me.. I am really grateful. But please do not push yourself too hard on my account."

The Shokushu Pixies

Striktor, undead pirate.

Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:19 pm
Profile YIM

"Trust me, I'm not pushing myself I've had years of practice to pick up what I've managed to do thus far." She moved closer to Pia taking up the letter in her hand then folding it without so much as looking at it so Pia did not have to struggle to keep her grasp of it. It seemed tough enough for her to write after all.

Cindy led the way out of the house again, a few distant moans and groans reaching their ears as they did so. She passed through the front door and deposited the letter in the mail box before closing it. Of course Aegir knew what it said already seeing that he could pluck thoughts directly from Pia's mind. He toyed with the idea of going to Earth and leaving a similar message, perhaps he would do so just to keep things "real" by them backing up that they received it. Of course it would be just as easy to dominate their minds or implant thoughts into their head if and when meeting them so he figured that he would debate on the fact later.

Though Cindy led the way back to the ley lines the pair had been three quarters of the way there when Pia would smell a familiar aroma. A musky scent that waifed to her nose. Cindy seemed to smell it to as she glanced around as if looking for a source.

"Ew ... are their skunks around here, I think I smell one."

Character Listing

Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:38 pm

It took a while for Pia to notice the smell. Part of this was because she was once again deep in thought. It was the moans, really. The sounds of her parents lewd pleasures. Again, she felt the same mix of emotions. Was she really that childish still, that she could not cope with the fact her parents were entitled to a love life?
It was just that.. this was so unexpected. Pia was grateful that Cindy had not made more of an issue of it. She just needed to get back, sort her feelings..

"Skunks.. no. Those are not native to Norway at all..", she answered absent mindedly.
Then she paused. Her mouth opened slowly, her eyes widened. Nostrils flaring, she drew in a solid whiff. Smell is connected to memory, and suddenly, something was triggered deep in her grey matter.
She felt her adrenaline rise. Fear.

"Cindy.. we need to get back fast!"

The Shokushu Pixies

Striktor, undead pirate.

Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:00 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next