View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 4:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Living Nightmare (for Flynt) 

Post Living Nightmare (for Flynt)
Karen sat down on the grass with a sigh exhaling from her voice. Her hand went up to her brow to shield her eyes from the sunlight then she turned away from the drifting clouds looking at the few students that were still sparing with kendo sticks.

"It's going to rain," she said off handly. Flynt next to where she sat, she glanced at her as if to acknowledge that she was speaking to her rather than herself. "Say, you were pretty good out there. Any training prior to coming here?"

Gym class continued on though most of the girls broke off into little cliques talking amongst themselves while the instructor watched two pupils demonstrate one of the more complicated kendo strokes, and a defense and counter against it.

No doubt they'd be trying that soon as early as next class given that class was nearly over now. She didn't have her watch on, but it did feel about time.

Karen was rather new. A freshman like her self who had arrived just today in fact. Little did anyone realize that Aegir had created her, that Karen was a mere illusion. His sensitive eyes could see them from his lofty perch in the forest nearby, they were small shapes but his eyes amplified their images as he observed the class perusing for victims then stopped for a moment to feel Flynt out as an idea surfaced to his mind.

Character Listing

Summoned or not, the god will come.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:50 pm

Post Re: Living Nightmare (for Flynt)
There was a slight buzz in her head, as she stared at Karen. Where had she come from...Something in the very back of her mind already told her something wasn't right, but such notions were completely disregarded since that one terrible moment in her life. Everything to her seemed "not right" and was usually chalked up to paranoia. Looking over Karen, she noted that the girl was not breathing very hard. "I like the rain personally...I think I might just sit out here in it. As for your question...You could say that...I have trained everyday since...well... since I was barely able to know what sex or death really was."

Looking over at all the Kendo practicing almost made her sigh in frustration. That girls stance was all wrong, and that one couldn't swing the fake sword to save her life. If she trusted herself to not hurt them too much, she would most assuredly show them a thing or two. A small idea sparked in her mind though as she considered the female next to her. "Say..Would you like to spar? Or are you not any good with Kendo? I prefer staffs myself." She was even better with a Katana, but that had been taken from her in her sleep while she was coming here. It was one of the only possessions she wanted with her, just because of its historical value and the honor it brought her family for having it, and when it went missing, she was ready to literally kill to get it back. That idea had been squashed as she realized that she would more than likely get it back after graduation. Confiscated, they said..."I still wish I knew what my room mate said about obeying curfew...Do you know why yet?"

Karen/Karin

Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:18 pm
Profile YIM WWW

"Naw ... I'm no good at kendo but the three trophies in my dorm room say otherwise." She smile. "I'm better with bo staffs though."

Class was being dismissed for the day and vaguely they could hear the instructor talking about form and what was expected for the next lesson though individuals were already grouping together to head back inside. Karen flickered her gaze lazily in their direction the back towards Flynt.

"I don't know why there's a curfew though I've heard some whispers about things that don't make all that much sense, probably just tales to rile up the freshmen but they say there are things on this island, terrible things. Most girls don't know of them from what I've gathered, some do but refrain from speaking too much on them but curfew is hours away as it is ...

"I gather class was not enough for you and wish to continue? Oh, I'm Karen by the way." She extended her hand out to the other girl. "And it would be my pleasure to spar with you."

Character Listing

Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:17 pm

Just to be a bit of a smart ass, Flynt brought up her Kendo sword,which had been laying next to her, just short of thwacking Karen. A rarity was the silly head tilt as she stuck out her tongue playfully in her new acquaintance's direction. "I won't count them against you. I mean we can't all be Shozo Kato, right?" Flynt wondered if Karen even knew who she was referring to, but didn't think it really mattered anyways. She wasn't good at Kendo really, but she definitely wasn't as bad as the girls around here.

"So,Karen...I am called Flynt, and I aim to figure out what started this rumor about monsters. So, if you find anything out," she remarked as she took her stance,"or if you know anything currently, please show and tell." The sword stood firmly in front of her, for a second, before she lowered the point a bit more to the ground, testing out her opponent's reaction to her movements.

Karen/Karin

Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:42 pm
Profile YIM WWW

"Ooooh, aren't we full of ourselves," Karen got up tp her feet, a small grunt escaping her lips as she did so. She glanced once to the students that were filing away as she debated on using her kendo stick or bokken, she decided on the later picking it up and studying the stance that Flynt fell in.

"Girls! Girls! Class is over. You can practice tomorrow." The professor said as he glanced at them. Of course Aegir had injected his mind with the suggestion to speak, using him as a puppet.

Karen sigh and rolled her eyes as she looked towards Flynt. "It looks like the dork doesn't want us doing this," she whispered. "There's a place I go in the forest to work out if you want to do this. I do not though, could have monsters there. Ohhh!"

She stuck her hands straight out as she moaned, apparently not thinking much about the rumors or gossip she heard.

Character Listing

Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:26 pm

Flynt stifled that rare giggle as Karen mocked the invisible monsters, and nodded approvingly at the idea of going out into the forest. "Yes..I would love to test out how good you are! Lead the way almighty monster slayer!" Joking around today.. wow One might wonder if this was another effect of Aegir and his little mind fucks! Flynt did not think much of it, but assumed that today must be a good day. Looking around, she shivered a bit, having the distinct feeling that someone was watching her, and she just didn't know who it was.

"Ugh.. Let's get out of here. I think that teacher is giving me the eyes or something, and it really is bugging me. No! Don't look at him, he might get the wrong idea..." She whispered that last part to Karen, and grabbed the girl's arm and led her to the woods while they could get away with it before curfew. Little did she know that would be her first mistake on the campus.

Karen/Karin

Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:30 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Most times Aegir preferred nonviolent measures, he usually avoided the time and true method of snatching and grabbing prey so he did not have that it mind either. He had read poor little Flynt and found her history something he could easily work with.

"Teach wants to give you some extra credit, huh?" Karen grinned, her eyes shifting in the direction of the man as if trying to catch him out of her prepheriel vision but failed to do so. "Just be thankful he has asked you to stay after.

"So, he likes younger girls? Then maybe I should blow him a kiss or wave at him. No? I guess that would be counter productive in getting a little practice in. But he's sooo cute," she mocked then walked with Flynt to the forest.

It was less than five minutes from where they were to a clearing in the forest that suited. It was well light here as far as the forest went anyway since light filtered in through the canopy here given the lack of trees at this spot. Karen began stretching out, Aegir directing the movements of his illusion, multi tasking allowing him to delve into Flynt's mind and monitor it as he prepared himself for what was to come.

He reasoned what he had planned and wondered how it would go in the long run. Fear? Appreciation? He was unsure how it would go actually and that uncertainty relieved his boredom and caused him to think about things as Karen took a few practice swings.

"Ready when you are," she said as she fell into a basic stance, her eyes never leaving Flynt as she did so.

Character Listing

Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:46 am

Followed her those five measly minutes, and kept her eyes on Karen, as that weird fuzzy feeling hit her head again. She was starting to wonder if she might need to get herself checked, when in reality she had just luckily held that minor ability to sense the supernatural. Too bad she wouldn't ever figure it out till it was too late. Such was the way of her hardness. "Ready huh? We shall see." With that, she bypassed taking a stance and swung the sword without hardly a reaction showing in her body, but her mind clearly would tell what she planned. Anyone else, it might have caught off guard, but for something like Aegir, it would be easily blocked.

(sorry for the shorter post, work calls and computer likes to reset sometimes -.-;;)

Karen/Karin

Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:45 am
Profile YIM WWW

(understandable and no worries)

Aegir knew what she was planning of course. As it was there was only one being on this island that he couldn't read and that had been a plant-like entity. Karen blocked the strike with apparent ease then pivoted on her heel as she did do things simultaneously, one was to block Flyt's weapon down and to the left with the block while spinning one eigthy to her right allowing moment to carry the girl forward.

In this way Karen was behind her now and facing Flynt's exposed back. She swung though it took a second for her to reset her weapon to it's initial position to launch this strike at her.

Aegir watched on, he had to manipulate the illusion enough whereas Flynt envisioned Karen as a skilled opponent. Though the results of the little duel didn't interest him. If he were planning on striking her, in attacking her he would let things go on a bit longer to tire her out but he had far more options then that at his disposal.

He continued to watch from his perch seeing how this played out initially.

Character Listing

Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:10 am

The move had been done to her before, and the response was the same to her as it always was. This time, her body moved on pure instinct alone, followed by no thought of what she was doing. A physical memory, if you will, and as the sword struck from behind, she did two simple, yet interesting movements. The first was simple enough. She fell slightly forward, and as this happened, her breathing slowed and her eyes focused straight ahead. Those amethyst orbs of lightning gazing intently ahead. It was the second movement that would catch people by surprise. Sure, it wasn't exactly a Kendo move, but when instinct acts..."Nice...Try!" She yelled as the sword coming down was not only blocked by her own, but those talented little trained legs of hers rolled back in a Judo style roll, her own momentum continued as her foot came up to connect with the hand currently holding that sword.

As her foot came back down though, the fall had completed, and Flynt hit the ground hard, and the momentum was broken too much to complete the normal roll she would have done. Her right foot, the one that had risen, came down and a small crackling sound could be heard. It could be just a sprain, but the pain had shot hard into her, and made a sound come out that was halfway between a moan and scream. "Ohhh shit!" Yep, the match was over, whether she wanted it to be or not.

Karen/Karin

Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:34 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Aegir had not been expecting that ... things were ingrained in muscle memory rather than any real though and as a result he could not read that. He was pleased, it was tough to surprise him and now he was surprised. Mouth tendrils quivering slightly as he watched onward now with a little more interest than before.

Karn's blow was block and her kick landed sending her bokken skyward . She managed to catch it in her left hand deftly but leapt back as she prepared to reset her stance and recover a lightly since she had obviously lost the sembelance of advantage that occured.

But there was another surprise. The snapping sound. Of course Aegir could not have predicted it though at once he scanned her mind following the paths of nerves to Flynt's leg. Not broken at least though he flooded regions of her mind to dull the sensation of pain a little.

But this ... this made things far more interesting ...

"Are you alright?" Karen dropped her bokken and rushed forward dropping to a knee at Flynt's side. "Omigod! It doesn't look broke, can you move it?"

Character Listing

Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:45 pm

Flynt couldn't resist. Now that the pain was dulled, she jabbed the little bamboo laden sword she had been using into the others ribs a little bit hard. "I guess that means I got point." Ya, she totally went there, and attacked the unarmed girl. Well, she hadn't said stop either, so it was fair,in a way. After the jab though, she did let out a quiet whimper, as the pain jabbed into her. Poor Flynt! Even now she tried her best too look tough in front of the girl, but still looked about ready to cry. It may not be broken, but even she knew that the pain from a sprain was so much worse. "It...hurts...like a bitch..." For some reason, her scar flashed across her memory, and suddenly to pain seemed to feel less as she remembered the feeling of that wicked curved knife.

Looking up at her new friend, she gave an almost apologetic smile, as she reached out to see if the girl would help her sorry ass up. She was used to the type of person that would just leave her setting upon her ass for a stunt like that, and would not put it past this one to not do the same just for the "point" scored. "Wanna call it even... or are you gonna make a bet that I can't get another point on you or something?" As soon as she said it, she regret it, and hoped that wouldn't be the case, because knowing herself, she wouldn't refuse.

Karen/Karin

Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:03 pm
Profile YIM WWW

"Lame," Karen exclaimed with a small upward turning of her lips at the corner as she was struck with the wooden sword. She rubbed the spot a little, then helped Flynt up after a second of hesitating. "You know, I should just leave you there for that ... maybe the monsters will get you."

She laughed a little as she helped Flynt up. "We'll call it even for now until that leg heals on up and we can do this again. Let's get you to the nurse."

She slung Flynt's arm around her neck and shoulders as she supported her weight. They scarcely got a few steps before it happened. The fog set in upon them, trees becoming buildings, day into night. Visibility was suddenly limited and they seemed to be elsewhere.

Of course they were still in the forest and Aegir watched them from the trees as he enhanced the illusion. The buildings that they saw had the arcitecture of Japanese buildings.

"What the -" Karen began as she began to look around. They were still attired in their school uniforms though their swords had been gone or rather were right there and their senses to them had been removed, sight, sound, even touch and smell. They retained the sense of taste though not able to perceive them he doubted that this would be an issue at all.

Character Listing

Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:20 pm

Flynt gave a little smirk that would soon fade as was helped up and the pain struck a bit agian, causing a small wince, but nothing more out of the girl. As the scene changed though, a curious thought entered her mind, as she looked down at her hand. The sword must still be there, and the pain was causing an illusion, so she trusted her instincts on this one. Yea, this girl was one strange cookie alright. Who else would follow their instincts when something like this happened? "This supposedly happens all the time in Japan..." She mumbled to herself, and in Japanese. Aegir shouldn't have any problem knowing what she said though, as she looked around. Was there a spirit screwing with them? It would explain all this "feeling like your being watched" stuff she kept having.

Karen/Karin

Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:25 pm
Profile YIM WWW

The sword was still there but hidden from her as she mumbled to herself and had a look around her surroundings.

"What was that? I didn't catch it ..." Karen spoke, of course Aegir had no problems with tapping into Flynt's mind and knowing what she said. Languages were an easy read for a telepath like him at least and since the person speaking about it or thinking about it to process what they had just spoke given that they had to process what they just heard even if they didn't think about what they were said. He could be thrown if someone didn't think of things before speaking and had been deaf though this was not the case here.

Aegir continued to watch on from his tree branch knowing full well what Flynt was thinking ... spirits ... if only, she'd be less terrified in the long run if that were the case he supposed.

But onto his illusion. The sliver of the last quarter of the moon peaked out from behind the silvery clouds hiding it. A dog barked somewhere in the distance as a breeze swept over Flynt. Then the air faint stilled. Her ears could hear the ecjoing of light footsteps somewhere in the fog behind the pair.

Karen heard too since she spun her head in the perceived direction as if straining to hear something, to pin point it's source. But she failed to do that, her eyes flickering to and fro for something to lock onto. Some shape or figure that would tell her what was going on but the sound abruptly stopped as if whoever it was halted upon being looked for. Nothing save for the barking of the dog in the distance ...

Character Listing

Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next