View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 10:29 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next
 Heritage (for Camryn) 

Post Re: Heritage (for Camryn)
(I have one of three possibilities in mind, sorry about the side track, though what I was going to go with depended on your reactions to certain things and take it from there. Right now I had the noise to investigate which would lead to one thing, if not checked out then there is another. The third option I was holding back towards the end of the RP if I even use it.)

There was still the near silent tinking off of her window but as Camryn's anger got a hold on her she hear another noise. This one coming from inside the place, sounded like a footstep upon one of the creeky stairs leadind upstairs.

There seemed to be a near silent voice, a whisper though the words were unclear in origin. She could only make out the barest whispers and while there was a downstairs restroom there had been an upstairs one too that had been closer to the bedrooms should anyone get up in the dead of the night. Unless someone had gone downstairs for a midnight snack.

Character Listing

Summoned or not, the god will come.

Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:06 pm

Was someone around? I know I usually do stuff around the house at night but I don't really remember this part. I guess I can try to see what is going on downstairs. Maybe I can clear my head while I just walked around the place.

I got ready by getting dressed. Then quietly headed downstairs. Can it be Dawn? She tends to stay up pretty late. My other memories are a bit fuzzy at the moment.

Camryn Portman, Dawn's younger sister.
Camryn's Bio: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6262

Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:47 am

As Camryn headed down stairs she could here the creaks of the floor boards as someone moved about. Though as she moved closer she could hear whispers, two masculine voices.

"Be quiet will ya? You're making too much noise."

"Stop worrying, everyone's asleep. the last lights went out about an hour ago. Now it's got to be here somewhere ..."

The voices drifted to her ears from the study though now she could hear the rustling of paper as if someone was looking through a handful of them.

Character Listing

Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:12 am

Was that my dad? No, well I was sure he asleep with my mother. So who can they be? No one that I know would ask "if they were asleep." There was only another conclusion to all of this. Even though my haze and such, robbers perhaps? How many?

It doesn't matter, I have to at least figure out what was going on first. Had to be careful of course. I moved as quietly as I was able to, not making any noise before I was able to find an area to take a peek from.

Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:09 am

"What was that?" A voice asked in the darkness as the floor underneath Camyrn creaked.

"Nothing, now keep looking."

As she crept forward in the darkness heading downstairs she deduced that the pair of voices had been coming from her father's study. The door was slightly ajar allowing her to see inside and though the lights were off she was able to see two shadowy shapes in there moving about in the darkness.

A clutter of papers littered the floor and desk and occasionally there was a flicker of a pen light as someone ruffled through the papers and tossed them hapelessly aside as they seemed to search for something.

Character Listing

Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:19 pm

Robbery? No, if that was the case then they should be taking everything, not throwing paper all over the place. So what where they looking for exactly?

There was two of them though, it's not really possible to do this right on the spot. Especially since I don't know what is going on. If they are strong then I can't take both of them on without being hurt in the process. Should I wake Dawn? She knows Pi Qua Quan...not as well as me but she has a lot more skill then most others... Or I can get dad up... What to do...

Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:25 am

Aegir made things far more urgent as he manipulated the illusion further. One of the men held his pen light on a document for a few seconds as if reading something then interupted the search of the other. "I got it, this is it!"

He stuffed the document into the inside pocket of his jacket and doused his light source with a flick of his finger as he depressed a button. "Let's go." The other snapped of his light as the pair slowly moved towards the door of the study.

Character Listing

Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:50 pm

I didn't have the time to get either of them. They seem to have what they are looking for. No I had to make a move now, maybe if I took them by surprise I would be able to take down one, then the other.

I made my way down, trying to figure out which of them to target first. The guy in the back? Or the dude in the front?

Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:17 am

The paper was rolled up and thrust into a pocket. "Come on, let's go. The boss will pay handsomely for this." The guy with the document said. The other seemed to nod in the darkness then the pair started towards the door so far unaware of Camryn's presence at all.

The only good thing was that the pair had been staggered one behind the other so if she timed it right she might be able to deal with one before the other had time to react. As she decided which to take out first one man neared her position, then stopped before fumbling through his pocket for something.

"You got it?"

"Near the door ..."

The closer man looked for something in the darkness, his eyes skimming over her without even registering her then settled on a plastic container sitting to the side of the door that he began to approach. "Let's light this place up then."

Character Listing

Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:44 pm

I saw the lighter, that wasn't going to happen regardless that I'm out numbered at this point. So, quickly I went down the stairs. Going for the closet person near the door, trying to make sure I get him though. I went for a hard kick to his side of the head, to knock him out as fast as possible. Trying to do this one step at a time. To get that one out first before going for the other.

Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:32 am

"Uh ..." the closet man turned towards her as he caught movement amongst the shadows.

CRACK. Her kick landed true given that it was launched before he had even noticed that she was there taking him by surprise as his unconscious body smacked against the hard wood floor. He managed a groan, that was all, before falling silent.

The second man though had more time to react. His vision in the dark little better than shadowy shapes was better than hers at this stage seeing that he had longer to adjust to the lack of light. His hand reacted going beneath his jacket and pulling out a sizeable blade, the steel gleamed softly in the moonlight that filtered into the room through the window.

Cautiously the man approached, circling about her like a shark circling around prey in the water. "You'll pay for that," he snorted then lunged in at her with his blade leading the way.

Character Listing

Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:49 pm

This was something I have been practicing for a very long time for this. I didn't know he had a switchblade, but I was trained to defend myself in case. When he lunged, I had a very short window, using just pure instincts at this moment, I moved to my left attempting to avoid the blade but also positioning myself to counter at the same time. Aiming for the arm that is holding the knife, trying to disarm and flip the dude over, using his own momentum. Simple...right?

Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:50 am

Clearly the man didn't possess the skill and training that she had. He lunged, she evaded though she could see the gleam of the weapon but she had little time to process how close she had been in being skewered as she simply reacted.

Her muscles responded by muscle memory, acting with hours upon hours of drills. She hit the guy at the forearm both above and beneath it gripping him firmly as she did so, seeing the elbow bend in a way it was not designed to then in the same fluid motion she flipped the man over to the floor with a small crash.

A groan of pain slipped past his lips though he struggled up to his feet despite his weapon falling from the grasp of his broken arm. He was part way up before a follow up kick sent him back down spiraling into unconsciousness. For the time being though only she remained conscious and moving ...

Character Listing

Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:28 pm

It was a bit odd, seeing as I never truly saw action before now. Although I have done plenty of practice sessions and such, when it comes to actual action, you never know what will happen. I'm sort of glad though my muscle reacted just by memory, it is what most fighters would do. What should I do now? Should I get the police now? Or should I just strip the weapon and do something with it...

Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:18 am

Soft groans rose up from the men, groans of pain. Indecision flickered through her mind as to her next move as she considered unarming the men. Calling the police was equally appealing too though had she done that the subjects could still be armed and still pose a threat.

She would have to come to a decision quickly. Wondering why the men were even here to begin with fluttered through her mind. Right now she was alone though and had to come to that decision as her family seemed to be still asleep, or at least she did not hear anyone else.

Character Listing

Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:07 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next