View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 01, 2024 7:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next
 Dedication (for Minerva) 

Post Re: Dedication (for Minerva)
Minerva was kind of hoping that her courage would push the men forward, not be used as threat to their manhood. But Jason apparently knew how to motivate his men. At first Thesus stepped forward, there the rest slowly began to step forward. Eventually all agreed to take on the harpies according to Jason's plan. The Argonauts immediately went to work setting up the trap. Thesus and Minerva were assigned the task of constructing the net. The amazon was fortunate to have Thesus's help as she had never built a net before. The Greek sailor taught the young redhead the initial steps in building the net, before he let her work on her half of the task. It took a while before Minerva got up to speed but eventually with Thesus guidance she was able to build the net needed for Jason's plan.

Please PM me, if you want to RP a mission with me!

Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:48 am

Thesus showed her how to weave the net together and they soon had it finished before the harpies were due to arrive next. Men got into position hitting about with some climbing up on the ledges of the building near, others hiding behind rubble and the like.

The harpies came as Phineas sat down to eat. He heard them, cocking his head in their direction as he seized up his walking stick swinging it ineffectually at the harpies to keep them at bay, Jason gave the signal, the net draped over the ruined building men coming out from hiding, going beneath the net and approaching the trapped harpies that screeched out and attempted to fly away until realizing the true nature of their predictament.

Character Listing

Summoned or not, the god will come.

Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:57 pm

Minerva took her position among the rubble near Thesus as they prepared for the arrival of the harpies. The old man, Phineas, was in position sitting in the remains of house, preparing to eat. No sooner did he did so, did the harpies return to torment him once again. He began to swing his walking stick around in a futile attempt to keep them at once .

As he did so, Jason ordered the Argonauts into action. Within seconds the net was thrown over the ruined building to keep Zeus's creations trapped inside. Once the net was secure the Greeks raced into the building to engage the winged creatures. The amazon was among the first to arrive, her shield and spear at the ready. The harpies were struggling to get away, but they would soon realize they had no choice but to fight.

Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:18 pm

The option of escape being cut off to them the harpies wheeled on their attackers, swooping to engage. One attacked a fellow Argonaut though others had soon rushed to his aid to reinforce him so that no harm would come to him.

The other screeched, then came straight at her, wicked claws slashing at her as Minevra used her shield to fend off the incoming blows, it's flight subperb enough to allow it to hover in the air as it attacked her. Argonauts rushed to her aid though to reinforce her, Thesus among those that jabbed their spears at the creature as it flew back away from them, overwhelmed by the sheer numbers it seemed to turn it's attention to escaping again but lacked the intellectual capabilities as to reason at how simple that would have been, then pressed back attacking once more as if choose what was simplest for it to do.

Character Listing

Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:12 pm

Minerva threw up her shield just in time as the claws bounced off her shield. She could hear the claws scrape against her shield even as the force began to force her back. However the Argonauts rushed to the aid of the amazon, jabbing their spears at the creature. The young woman could see that Thesus was among the number who had come to her rescue, Minerva was glad to see she had been fully accepted as an Argonaut.

The creature was overwhelmed by the number of spears at them, tried to escape once more. We need to pin it down in one area, force the harpy towards the wall we can finish it there. The amazon threw her shield up again as the harpy attacked once again. She was content in being the bait, if it gave her fellow sailors the opportunity to flank the creature and force it to retreat in direction of their choosing.

Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:30 pm

The harpy clawed at the shield to little avail outside of the annoying sound it made as they dragged across the surface of the shield. The Argonauts fanned out, pressing their attack against it's flanks. It flew backwards while facing them, clawing at Minevra as they advanced on the thing.

It's attacks were thwarted as Minevra warded them away, plus they were successful in driving the thing backwards towards the edge of the net, it's concentration on the humans rather than where it was going it flew against the net, got caught there briefly before falling to the earth with a screech of surprise rather than pain since it did not tumble all that far.

Character Listing

Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:40 pm

Minerva was able to fight off the flying creature as it continued to use its claws to attempt shred her shield. However the Greek construction held out as her fellow Argonauts were able to fan out. Soon Zeus's creation had been driven back the Greek spears being thrusted at it. The amazon then pressed her advantage as she began to move forward. The harpy had no choice but to fall back as it struggled to try to claw through her shield. Eventually the Argonauts had managed to drive the creature into the net. It shrieked horribly, before it fell to ground after getting caught in the net. The redheaded Argonaut immediately went on the attack, attempting to thrust her spear into the creature before it could recover to attack again.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:02 am

Her spear and several others carved through the rough hide of the creature as it moved from the thrusts of one individual into those of others. On the ground it was less agile and striking it was easier. It shrieked out, clawing with the last of it's strength ineffectually as it's life force bleed out of it's body.

It was in it's death throes which had not lasted all that long before it went slack on the spear. It's companion already dead by the other Argonauts.

"Phineas, it is done," Jason's voice cut in as he extracted his spear out of one of the harpies bodies. The blind man came forward to the sound of his voice tentatively. A small grin forming on his face.

"Is it done, truely?"

"Yes."

"Then I shall live up to my end of the bargain. What you seek resides at the end of the world at Cloridis. To get there you have to pass the Clashing Rocks."

"Clashing Rocks? What are they?" An Argonaut asked.

"That is self explainatory. Release a dove first, if it gets through then you shall be able to do so with your ship. If the dove does not make it, you will be unable to make it. Here, take this," Phineas gave Jason a talisman that he was wearing of a bearded man with the lower torso of a fish. Posedion, she would recognize. "The gods will look out for you, I cannot do anymore for you."

Character Listing

Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:38 pm

Minerva took a moment to catch her breath as looked over her fallen foe. When they finally had pinned down the harpy, the amazon and her fellow Argonauts had managed to make short work of the creature, its rough hide no match for the Greek spear. Quickly realizing the other of Zeus's creatures was down the young woman could feel the adrenaline drain out of her even as the Jason called out to Phineas that the harpies were no more.

The old prophet told him that what they seeked was at the end of world near Cloridis. Minerva wanted to correct them, but held her tongue as this was the Greek mythology as oppose to the ancient past. As far as she knew that could really be the end of the world. However the next part kinda of surprised her, you can use a dove to get past the Clashing Rocks? It sounded like the ship was going to be thrown through some really rough rapids. A dove flying through the air, can predict how a ship will handle the water? Of course her cover of being from a foreign land will probably result in her concern to be dismissed, she still had to ask.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:12 pm

"Naw, young miss," Phineas turned towards her with unseeing eyes. He clapped his hands together as if to emphasize some unknown point. "It will tell you whether or not you'll have enough time to pass through before the inevitable."

Character Listing

Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:35 am

It was when he clapped his hands together, Minerva got the idea. Ah, I think I understand, says the amazon. The Clashing Rocks will crash into each other crushing whatever is in between. If the dove can make it, then so can we.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:48 am

Phineas nodded, "You got it."

It was still a few days sailing before they came to the pillars of stone that jutted out of the ocean. There was a narrow stretch of water between them though the seas were calm, eerily so under the circumstances. But before a dove could be released someone spotted a ship sailing through the Clashing Rocks. "There."

The Argonauts watched, all had been calm at first but when the vessel was part way through the pass the stone rocky wall started to quake, rocks sliding down from it into the ocean then they came together crushing the ship inbetween them as they came together then reset themselves.

Character Listing

Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:40 pm

It had been a few days since there encounter with the blind prophet, Phineas. The Argo had been sailing until they had reached the Clashing Rocks. The water between them seemed to be calm, as if anyone could pass through them at anytime without any problems. However looks could be deceiving. An Argonaut let out a shout as he spotted a ship entering the Clashing Rocks. The Greeks could only watch in horror as the stone walls began to quake. Quickly, far to quickly the walls began to move towards the helpless ship. The ship for its part attempted to pick up the pace as it try to clear the Clashing Rocks, but it was far too late as it became pinned by the rocks. Then the Clashing Rocks pushed together crushing the ship into tiny pieces.

The amazon swallowed hard. If the dove was wrong, that would be the fate of the Argo. Still Minerva had no choice, she had to go further and let this quest playout if she was ever going to get back to her world.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:47 am

It had been a few days since there encounter with the blind prophet, Phineas. The Argo had been sailing until they had reached the Clashing Rocks. The water between them seemed to be calm, as if anyone could pass through them at anytime without any problems. However looks could be deceiving. An Argonaut let out a shout as he spotted a ship entering the Clashing Rocks. The Greeks could only watch in horror as the stone walls began to quake. Quickly, far to quickly the walls began to move towards the helpless ship. The ship for its part attempted to pick up the pace as it try to clear the Clashing Rocks, but it was far too late as it became pinned by the rocks. Then the Clashing Rocks pushed together crushing the ship into tiny pieces.

The amazon swallowed hard. If the dove was wrong, that would be the fate of the Argo. Still Minerva had no choice, she had to go further and let this quest playout if she was ever going to get back to her world.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:47 am

Of course there had been talk as to what just happened, that they would never make it and should turn back but Jason would have none of that as they had gone so far. He ordered the Argo onward. The water seemed calm enough as the ship rowed between the pass even the stone walls seemed cdalm enough, that was until they were about half way through when the walls began to quake once more and the sea became violent.

Rowers worked harder as the ship sailed but all hope seemed to be lost, even Jason tore off the talisman he wore, cast it into the sea and cursed Zeus after going so far to have their journey end like this.

Once he did this though the sea began to froth up, then burst as something emerged. A giant ... Posedion, who extended his arms either side to grasp the Clashing Rocks and hold them apart as the Argo pressed on, rocks sliding into the ocean, the brother of Zeus straining to keep the walls apart as they sailed onward.

Character Listing

Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next