View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 10:18 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Heritage (for Camryn) 

Post Re: Heritage (for Camryn)
Maybe calling the police would probably be the best bet. Running up stairs to get to Dawn or dad wouldn't be a good idea. Especially leaving the perpetrators here.

Looking at the two men groaning on the floor, I quickly made my way to the phone, Hitting 9-1-1 in the process. This should be quick, just need to give them my address, say what is going on and leave. They should be still down right?

Camryn Portman, Dawn's younger sister.
Camryn's Bio: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6262

Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:15 am

"911, state the nature of your emergency," a nasally voice answered after a single ring. A dispatcher? The two men continued to groan on the floor though neither took any hostile actions at this stage. The one with the broken limb was making more of a fuss than the other one, semi conscious at this stage due to the pain coursing along his arm. And the other seemed to be out of it as well, groaning, on the border of conscious and unconsciousness, how close he was to either was hard to tell with the illumination being what it was currently.

The voice repeated what she just said a second or so ago. There was no passion to the voice, seeming as routine as a computer requiring a specific response before acting.

Character Listing

Summoned or not, the god will come.

Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:14 am

"Ya, uh my house is being robed. I more or less subdued them but they are armed and dangerous. Please send some help." Sounds like a recording, that's weird I never heard 911 so...lifeless. hmm...

I turn around and look at the two on the floor, one definitely wasn't going any where, the other making noises might get some funny ideas though. I turn my attention towards him, staying a bit far but, close enough to know what he is doing.

Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:42 am

The voice on the other end of the line my have seemed bland but it was an actual person. "A robbery? The robbers have been subdued? You're coming up at 1555 Maple Drive is that correct?" When Camyrn confirmed her address the lady went on, she traced her address rather quickly though come to think of it.

"I'll have a squad car there presently. In the meantime I want you to get away from these men, you can hide from them correct? I want you to hide someplace until assistance arrives, can you do that?"

Character Listing

Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:19 pm

"Hide?" I asked curiously, "uh...sure I guess..."

Hide? I had them subdued why in gods name would I hide? This is getting a bit confusing, not to mention this responder apparently knows where I live without me even saying it. That isn't coincidence I think.

Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:11 am

As unusual as it was in an emerency you were often told to hide, for your own safety and allow the professionals to deal with a problem. This was a bit different in that both attackers were subdued and you'd figure that the advice would more be on the lines of a question seeing if the person could control the situation until help got there.

Another thing was that her address was never asked for. Was her location traced? It would have been evident that had been the case since not once did the receptionist ask for it, but to be traced in such a short amount of time?

Things did not appear normal here and when she hung up it was within five minutes before the door bell chimed, everyone else still seemed to be asleep other than herself and the two groaning men of course.

Character Listing

Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:37 pm

Nothing made sense all of a sudden. Was it even ok to open the door? All of the past I started to remember.

I still went for the door anyway, they were the police after all. The two attackers were still down, so I guess it was ok. But a door bell should have woken up Dawn at least, that part I know for certain. The fact that she didn't come down the stairs caused me a lot of concern.

Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:00 am

The house was still dark and still as Camryn moved towards the door. Suspicions flowed through her head as things didn't seem right though she could see outside the house through a window at the front of it. Just a man, well an officer though he appeared young probably in his lower to mid 20's. He was handome too, probably on the football time when he was in high school for he had that athletic look about him, broad shouldered and lightly muscled. Most of his uniform hide the later though but it was evident that he was bigger than normal given the size of his forearms against the press of his shirt.

He tilted his head up to the second floor, saw that no lights had been on and went to press the door bell again when he noticed her shape through the window, looked, then greeted her with a small waved.

"It's alright miss, where is the threat now?" And while his gun was unholstered the strap covering the butt of the gun was undone so that the weapon could be drawn quickly if needed.

Character Listing

Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:10 am

He seems normal, I thought quietly to myself. Very muscular, but that is probably right for a police officer.

I opened the door, and pointed to the two men on the floor groaning. "I disabled them, there on the floor."

Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:27 am

The officer looked as he reached to his holster unfastening the strap there that secured the gun in it's place. He stepped into the place as the door opened, his head swinging in the indicated direction that the men where supposedly in, his hand drawing out his weapon at once, his thumb clicking off the safety.

"Where? I don't see ..."

The men were gone, and the officer approached cautiously to get a better look, gun grasped in both hands as he slowly moved forward.

Character Listing

Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:59 am

That made no sense, something just happened and I missed it. Where the hell did they go? They felt real enough so how can bodies just suddenly vanish? Something feels off here and I can't place my finger on it.

"They were here, there was no way you didn't see at least one of them when you entered."

Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:20 am

"I saw no one miss," the officer flickered his gaze through to shadowy room before his gaze returned to her. "Of course, they were never really here to begin with." His eyes went white, his body began to ripple and burst as if something was trying to tare itself from him, tendrils sprouted out of his chin as his face transformed into a featureless mass right before her eyes within such a short span of time.

Tentacles burst out from his legs, his skin turning mauve in coloration as a pair of tentacles streaked towards her, Aegir staring at her as his mouth tendrils twitched and swayed.

Character Listing

Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:32 pm

"I knew it." Was about all I can get out. Something had always felt off about all of this, not remembering which part was the issue I had.

I started backing away as far as I was able to, it would be hard to attack him with all the tentacles waving around. I needed something to help. No matter how good my martial arts are, there was no way to realistically tackle this monster without getting caught. So, deciding on that fact alone, I backed myself up into the kitchen, as fast as I was able to get, hopefully to look for an kitchen knife or something.

Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:52 am

Aegir followed, he was either slower than her or playing with her as she had a sizeable lead when reaching the kitchen. She had enough time to open a draw and get out a knife only to drop that one on the countere and take a larger sharper one out of the butcher's block by the time Aegir crested the threshold.

White eyes swung in her direction and he regarded the knife for a moment. He had not been particularly worried about it but he did pause before his gaze lifted up to her.

Now be a good girl and but that away. Do you really think that will help? You'd get to use it once, maybe twice since you'd have to come within my reach to use it. I've been shot before with little effect, a knife will only serve to annoy me.

Character Listing

Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:47 pm

(I'm so sorry I keep forgetting when I mean to do it.)

I didn't really have a choice at this point, I knew when I couldn't beat something and I was staring at one. He is right though, but I mean when you been trained to fight and resist it is really hard to simply over-ride that. Being a martial arts master like me, it's near impossible to do so. Then again I knew when I seen my match and this was something I can't win. Annoy? Probably, but I will sure as hell still try.

"You will be surprised what a cornered women can do. Let alone a Martial Arts Master. Try me."

Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:04 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next