View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 10:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 257 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next
 Shadows of the Past (for Ryu) 

Post Re: Shadows of the Past (for Ryu)
Ryu stood there not knowing what had hit her, while Franz kept her close pressing his lips against her own. Her eyes widened in surprise as she felt a hand fall to her hips, the poor girl not knowing what encouraged the soldier to behave in such a manner. However as soon as it began it ended soon thereafter, but leaving the red head in a perplexed condition.

She broke contact with his eyes, something about it didn't feel quite right anymore. Backing off since they were rather close to one another, their chests almost colliding, Ryu nodded once more.
"I .. um .. sure, I'll start right away." In a matter of seconds she knelt down where the file was hidden, his words about dinner echoing through her mind. "I'm looking forward to it."

Walking towards the window she was trying to hide her face, meanwhile her cheeks were absolutely flushed in embarrassment. He had helped her thus far, any feelings for him were a mere hinderance as long as she wasn't free. Not wasting any second she placed the file against one of the bars to saw through ever so slowly.

Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:09 pm

True to his word Ryu had only one interuption when he came by with her evening meal. He checked in on her progress to see how it was going since the few hours that had passed and genuinely felt pleased that she had already managed to get through one of the bars, which she found a few seconds into starting had been corroded with rust, it was still sturdy to anyone without tools that was but this corrosion made it quicker to file through.

Sure enough by ten she had barely finished, the second bar more stubborn then the first but she managed to get through it and had enough space to squeeze out the window or so she thought. Panicking when she got stuck for a few minutes trying to get out the window, she would have preferred to file through all three bars to the window but she did not have the time for it.

She did manage to wriggle through the window with a bit of effort, fortunately as she slipped into the darkness provided by the night. There were gun shots to the east and return gunfire it sound like. The front lines must have moved awfully close or enemy forces have penetrated this far behind enemy lines.

Ryu could not see any guards here, at least not yet unless they were at that gun fight to reinforce the German soldiers but if that were the case wouldn't Franz be with them?

Character Listing

Summoned or not, the god will come.

Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:23 pm

She nearly smiled, a surprising lack of guards would make her escape a lot easier. No doubt they weren't on patrol for the time being, whatever confrontation occured they must've been moved to focus fire on the enemy and fight back. For once it seemed lady luck was on her side, but when she hurried away from her former cell towards the truck a certain doubt struck her.

Franz, who was supposed to guide her later on, certainly wouldn't have made any efforts to leave the camp by now for it was too early. He couldn't know when exactly she managed to saw through the bars and as all hell broke lose with an assault led against them there wouldn't be a single soldier not ordered to defend the camp, including him. Torn between leaving and staying she cursed him and herself under her breath before running through the dark of the night, heading for the gunfire.

Ryu remained stubborn, but for a good reason. Chances were he held the line with his fellow soldiers, if he wasn't she could always carry on with the plan. She'd be at a loss if he was nowhere to be found though, and knowing this simply made her run faster.

Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:21 pm

Running through the dark was a hinderance she found as there were a few times where she stumble over roots or stones but fortunately she had no fallen. The crack of gunfire was louder as she moved toward it and she could see the flashes of light from the weapons that had been discharged.

The smell of gun powder was strongest her waifing up into the air. Then another explosion rang out, this one closer then the others as she felt a puff of air against her left cheek briefly and a slug borrowing into a nearby tree. The second afterward she saw movement in front of her to the left, a shadowy figure with a long stick, it was too dark to clearly see the figure or the stick in any form of detail though it was clear that someone took a shot at her, someone who's vision wasn't as impaired by the darkness as if they had been out here for a time.

There was a quick flash of lit though when the weapon discharged displaying a man in a gray uniform but the lit existed for only a moment and no real detail could be discerned.

Character Listing

Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:11 pm

"Fuck! You've got to be kidding me .." Immediately she dropped to her knees, the projectile must have missed her by mere inches as she could feel a tingling sensation on her cheek where the air had blown against her skin. Her eyes focused on the man who had taken a shot at her, just in time to notice the gray uniform she was looking for. However, the darkness soon embraced him again, leaving nothing but a shadowy figure.

It's what she was there for, she needed to find Franz and if this was him then all the better. If not, then she relied on the drug that would save her life if it needed to. Ryu then made a dash for the man, rather his direction in order to find potential cover in the environment. It was required to get closer if she wanted to see his face, or any details at all.

"Franz! Don't shoot me you moron!" Trying to drown the noises of battle with her voice wasn't quite fruitful, but she tried it anyway. She found refuge behind yet another tree, hoping she would soon be close enough to see if it was him or not.

Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:24 pm

There was no immediate shot when she first exclaimed in surprise as she moved through the darkness as if the target had heard her voice and was baffled at the sounds of hearing a feminine voice. But she was soon shot at again this time the round meant for her ended up buried into a tree but a brief flash of light revealed the shooters position in the brush.

If he had a flash surpressor he would have been virtually impossible to detect there in the bushes though she could hear some rustling of bushes as the man was obviously moving to get a better shot at her and possibly getting cover of his own or maybe he counted on the fact that his position was made and was looking to take another shot from elsewhere to avoid getting shot himself.

Silence at her words followed. For a minute she heard nothing then a whispered voice. "Ryu?"

It was a confused question, the voice familiar enough to determine that it was Franz or at least someone that sounded like him though she could not think of anyone she was aquainted with that sounded close to Franz and knew her name.

Character Listing

Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:50 pm

Instead of getting the answer she hoped for she was replied to with silence, though when Ryu listened carefully she took guesses as to what path the soldier was taking. Her heart began to beat faster as seconds passed by, thinking that he had abandoned her or simply adjusted his position. Darkness usually scared her, but this was far beyond that.

She nearly jumped at the single word that was spoken to her, but wasn't able to make out where it came from since it was merely more than a whisper. The voice seemed familiar though, close enough to Franz to actually think it might be him, but it was impossible that he knew her real name. The young woman considered her options here, weighing choices for time was essential and this was slowing her down.

"That's me, but I haven't mentioned my true name to anyone since I arrived here .. So who the hell are you?" She paused, taking a deep breath. "Look, whoever you are, I don't really have time for this. There's someone I need to find so please just let me pass by."

Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:41 pm

"No good, I can't let you pass. Who're you looking for?"

As he spoke the sound of his voice was getting louder as he neared keeping himself between this tree and that incase this was some sort of trick. She began to remember the owner of that voice ... a young man, blond hair, one of the first soldiers she met actually and one that was part of the initial group that rounded her up.

He was a nice fellow, one of the few, nicer than Franz had been since he never expected anything in return nor did he seem to buy into this "master" race like many of his associates despite being blond haired, blue eyed and thus amongst the privelaged.

"My orders are to hold the eastern flank and make sure no Russians slip past. If I just let you pass then someone else may shoot you. Wait, what are you doing here? Weren't you assigned to a camp?"

Character Listing

Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:14 am

"I .. Well, I was, but I wasn't going to stay .. Now I'm trying to get away as fast as I can and since you can't just bring me back the least of my concerns is ending up in that damn cell again." She couldn't tell if she was either afraid or furious, but it seemed she found someone that wouldn't mistreat her, she could tell by the memories flooding back.

"Franz, Franz Schilburger .. I think that's his name. He's been helping me out, there's not much else to know aside from that. If I can't find him though then the whole plan is good for nothing, I'd be stranded and probably put back into my cell .. for experimenting."

Ryu hoped this would make him feel at least a little sympathy, letting the words sink in and take effect before she breaks the silence. "Where I can find him?"

Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:25 pm

"Franz is assisting you to escape?"

He fell silent for a moment as he considered what she had to tell him weighing matters in his head as he considered her words. "Franz is closer to the front at the moment, all the guards from the camp were sent to reinforce the German position rotating guys in and out to keep them fresh or at least fresher since they're not enough of them. You won't get close to him if you tried going this way and just as likely to get shot then anything.

"Not much else I can say really other than the fact that the fighting is heaviest in that direction. I was just stationed here in case the Russians tried a flanking manuevere I could radio the others and let them know, fortunately I only saw one person and not a group otherwise I would have called it in already."

Character Listing

Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:11 am

Her mood brightened up when she gained the knowledge of him being capable to radio the others, however there was an issue. He could be in contact with whoever was out there, including Franz, and all it took was some effort on his side though he couldn't make them actually come to him. Simply begging for help wouldn't do, she couldn't expect him to betray his own men who were out in the field. Due to the lack of an alternative she could either think of another approach or run straight into a deathtrap.

"Listen, I need to know that he's still alive and kicking, one way or another. Then I need him to return safely since I can't do this by myself and if you don't think you can help me, then .." Ryu couldn't tell if it was either due to wits telling her to check up on him or pure frustration caused by not knowing what to do, but she couldn't rely on an odd cycle they kept going to keep fresh soldiers at the front and wait for Franz to return.

"Then I'll try my best not to die I guess. Unless he returns soon I don't really have any other choice. I'm sorry but there's no avoiding it, regardless of what you'll do to stop me."

Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:46 pm

"Well, you are an escaped prisoner and it is my duty to bring you in but I have a little difficulty with doing that since I've got to watch this flank. Of course I can always have you sit tight as I'm the one with the gun but I can't be sure that you wouldn't give up my position should the Russians appear now would I? So, I bet the best thing I could do is forget I even saw you.

"I'm sure that Franz is still among the living. He made marksman when we enlisted together. I could check but I can't think of a reason to do so off the top of my head to do so without arising suspicion. Besides, it might take him some time to be located.

"But you can make it on your own. The soldiers are a bit distracted here and patrols have been pulled back to reinforce this position. Either we'll hold out here or have to fall back where some of the guards will be busy vacating some of the important research and prisoners and leaving the rest so even then they'll be busy.

"You might run into Russian soldiers but that's not too bad. Just remember what Franz told you and I'm sure you'll be fine."

Character Listing

Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:21 am

"Damn you .. you've convinced me not to make a run for him .. Very well, I think you're right. I'll take my leave then .. and please don't mention anything to anybody, as you said it's probably the best to forget you saw me." Ryu stepped away from the tree since taking cover wasn't necessary anymore, her eyes drifting off to the side where she would be headed. "Farewell .. and thanks."

She turned, glanced back to where she thought the voice came from and took off, picking up speed as she ran back the path she came from earlier. He mentioned a single person passing by and she was alarmed by that fact, the girl moving swiftly through the darkness yet watching her flanks if there was anyone there.

Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:08 pm

"If I mentioned it I don't think it would matter much under the circumstances anyway. And your welcome."

He said before she turned and ran off into the darkness. She had mistook what he had said though, there had been no one out there, if there were a single individual he was suppose to take them out, if multiple contacts then call it in before they got too far. She was the first person he had seen and since she was by herself it worked out better for her in the long run.

Still she was a little paranoid as she went along, the rattatata of gunfire drifted to her ears from somewhere behind her where the horizon was briefly lit up. Ryu eventually made it back to the path though, well dirt road really.

As expected there had been no one present along the road but it was still a few tense minutes to travel down to the bend in the road. Sure enough there was a truck there pulled over to the side of the road. The keys were in it though the truck was not one. It was unlocked too though the stale scent of cigarettes could be smelled from it making it evident that a smoker often used it.

Character Listing

Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:36 pm

Instead of using the road she moved through the tree lines, taking the good advice not to expose herself in the open. Upon arrival she discovered that she was alone and as she approached the truck she was welcomed by the smell of cigarettes, but that seemed to be the only inconvenience. Pulling the door handle she slipped inside.

In any case she tried to remain as quiet as possible. Although she adjusted to the darkness she wasn't going to alert anyone, only if necessary. Ryu then began searching for the keys and it wasn't long before they made their way into her hands. "Perfect .." Before wasting any more time she started up the engine.

The few driving lessons she participated in during her life were an advantage here, though it proved to be difficult when it came down to such a model. Nevertheless, it didn't take more than a few seconds before she took off, slowly driving down the road while she was aware that she was told that she couldn't take the truck too far.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 257 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next