View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 9:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Welcome to my parlor [Calista. Dendrite, & Minerva] 

Post Welcome to my parlor [Calista. Dendrite, & Minerva]
The A.D.D.S.S Star of Muuha spun lazily against the velvet backdrop of deep space, the normal running lights having gone dark as the ship has entered stand by mode and has been transmitting an emergency distress beacon. The Midnight Nova sat unmoving off it port side as the ADD's Agents in side where conducting their investigation. "Minerva anything on the multispectrographic read outs?" Calista asked the red haired woman who had been assigned to accompany her on this mission, as she was conducting her own scans of the ship, though so far they had been parked for half an hour with nothing but boredom and frustration to show for their efforts.

Though as they neared the end of the standard tests, they would have the operational go ahead to dock with the ship and conduct a manual investigation.

I'm always up for a scene, shoot me a PM and we can work something out!

Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:45 pm
Profile YIM

Post Re: Welcome to my parlor [Calista. Dendrite, & Minerva]
Minerva checked out the readouts on the from the multispectrograph. It was really frustrating to have to go through this procedure when they were getting a distress signal from the nearby station. However the young woman knew the frustrating long procedure was designed to reduce the chances of the agents of walking into ambush. Still whoever came up with this procedure had clearly never been in the field. No, there is nothing from the readouts. It looks like that we are going in, Calista.

Please PM me, if you want to RP a mission with me!

Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:53 pm

The blond haired smirked as she disengaged the autopilot on her ship and took the controls while increasing the throttle to propel them forward towards the spinning hulk, seemingly lifeless except for the ADD tracer tags still on board...as long as they were actively pinging, the ADD was required to investigate and retrieve survivors if they could. Cutting back on the engines, Calista guided the Midnight Star towards the ships aft docking port, using the maneuvering thrusters to make tiny adjustments a moment before there was a slight jostling on the ship followed by a friendly sounding ping from her console to indicate a proper seal had been achieved with positive pressure. The Special Talent stood up with a serious expression on her face as she made her way back to the air lock, picking her rifle up from the small storage locker, checking the magazine, reloading and then chambered a round before slinging it over one shoulder as she then grabbed a set of goggles and a small headset which she attached to her belt, handing a second pair to Minvera.

"Every run search and rescue on a Science vessel before Minerva?" The blond woman asked and she pulled her hair back into a ponytail, running her hands over the sleek gray battlesuit as a last minute check for anything missing.

I'm always up for a scene, shoot me a PM and we can work something out!

Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:18 pm
Profile YIM

The Star was an Urchin-class ship. As such, its main body was a large disk made up of various laboratory sections; there was a center lab, an inner ring with four sections and an outer with eight. Each section had capacity for half a dozen scientists, though according to the last known crew manifest, the Star currently carried only a couple dozen personnel. Another ring of compartments was wrapped around the science disk; the aft half held engineering and propulsion, while fore were crew quarters and the bridge. This ring could be detached, or the disk could spin to provide pseudogravity, but neither of those situations appeared to be occurring (readings showed the artificial gravity functioning as usual). The port and starboard 'compass points' of the outer ring held airlocks; starboard was a large 'freight' airlock for loading specimens into the labs, while port was the common airlock most often used by crew--and currently by Calista and Minerva.

When they finally entered the ship, the two agents were met with silence. The airlock opened into an open area, a crossroads in corridors. The rooms and halls were completely empty; the lights were dimmer than standard, though hardly too dark to see. To their left they could see a mess hall/recreation area with decor vaguely imitative of an Earth diner (specifically, 1950s America); beyond that blank doors and the hall curving around to the right. Ahead was a sealed security door with a red light--that would lead into the science disk. To the right were a series of doors, each clearly labeled; 'Storage 2', 'IT', 'Power', 'Storage 3', 'EVA Suits' and so on. They were all closed except 'Storage 3', a couple doors down.

Upon listening, there were only a few hums audible; nothing sounding out of the ordinary for a spaceship. There was also a curious smell just on the edge of perception; a bit like menthol.

Dendrite, irresistibly helpful tentacled alien! Message me to move your completed threads.

"You've got to be able to fuck when they can't."
--Jason Carter

As seen on Something Awful!

Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:07 am

"Every run search and rescue on a Science vessel before Minerva?" The blond woman asked and she pulled her hair back into a ponytail, running her hands over the sleek gray battlesuit as a last minute check for anything missing.

I haven't ever run a search and rescue on a science vessel before, but I have on several space stations and cargo ships so it should be the same. Minerva put on her flight suit just in case there was sections of the ship that had been to damage for life support to function, it would also double as body armor. The young woman got the rest of her gear along with a rifle and a pistol and prepared to board the Midnight Star.

Once on board, the agent was a bit surprised to find that the lights so low. It looks like they might have a power loss. The hall of ship had a fifties styling to the ship design particularly the mess hall nearby. We should go find the bridge and see if we can find out what happened. Then we can explore the ship and look for survivors. It was then that the redhead noticed that one of the storage doors was open. Looking at the label it became clear that it was the EVA Suits. Hmm, the EVA Suits storage room is open, we should check and see if there are some missing suits. Maybe some of the people abandoned this vessel.

Please PM me, if you want to RP a mission with me!

Last bumped by Kieran on Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:17 am.

Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:17 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]