View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 24, 2024 9:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Secrets (for Alexndra Losev) 

Post Re: Secrets (for Alexndra Losev)
The exchange of shots went off, the distinct WHUD of their stunners for they did not seem as well equipped as those that were on the planet. Though by this stage the ship was on alert and more Adda were coming, chief amongst them was Jinn.

The techs were not so much a worry. While slightly stronger than Quad they were unarmed and unskilled in warfare. The pilots had pistols and were alerted though there were only two Adda warriors. The pilots were skilled with their weapons but were no marksmen. It was clear that they were only acting in a pinch. It would be a few minutes before they could hit the enemy in a pincher attack.

The grenade did not take out either warrior but it did clear the doorway. Getting to it she found that the techs were all taking cover though one either side of the doorway was a group of three pilots one with good cover by the shuttles, the other not so good at the fighters. The warriors had been split one shooting from behind the cover of a shuttle with the other squat alongside a fighter thing to make himself small.

At this stage they seemed to fighting a defensive battle to keep them out of the hanger./ placing shots into and near that door way though Quad was busy priming two grenades.

“I don't know if anyone saw me but we can get in the hanger by the third deck though it enters flight control. No one there has seen me yet so I might be able to lower their guard. They're delaying us here.”

Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:42 am

The agent managed to the reach the door. There were some pilots with pistols along with the two warriors from before now firing at the doorway. She was pinned down but they would run out of ammo at this rate long before she did. What little openings she had, Alexandra would target any of them caught out of cover. If they all were reloading, she would move into the hangar and behind new cover while hopefully getting a free shot at the first Adda tha popped up to fire again.

"Don't get yourself killed!" Was the only advice she could give Quad. If he could sneak up and attack from a higher floor, that would give him a clear shot at many of these hiding Adda. All Alexandra could do was fire when she could and let her foes waste their ammo in covering fire. Thanks to the armory, she had enough ammo to keep firing back indefinitely. But if something does not change soon, she was going to find herself under fire from all sides. Time was running out.

My Monster: Vespira
My ADD: Alexandra

Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:00 am

The pilots were not warriors and while the warriors staggered their shots so that at any one time they could have one shooting while the other lined up a shot or reloaded the pilots weren't as crisp firing all at once without the sense to stagger their shots at all.

Thus after parting company with Quad the Adda grinned. He had no plans on dying though he did pause for a moment as he watched her ass for a second,

He regretted not taking advantage of the situation earlier. He might die without ever having know such pleasures for freed now she had her choice of mates, provided that they survived this of course.

He then rushed to the nearest hatch that would bring him to the their deck and the top most level leaving into the flight control provided that it was not locked up from the inside, especially if the Adda had sought to mention that the agent was working with an Adda and they might have knowledge of it.

Alex managed to time it so there were few shots coming her way dodging shots and taking cover being some crates that had been in the process of loading into a shuttle. She was able to take out one of the pilots near the fighters and in response there was more incoming fire from the two survivors though it was less accurate.

She was pinned down at her position and it looked bad as Jinn's group should be arriving soon though she did her best under the situation catching another pilot.

Soon the hanger doors begin to open, a ray shield in place kept small particles from passing though though matter could pass through just fine.

The doors to the flight control open and out comes a grenade, three of the pilots go down unconscious, Using the flight control room as cover Quad rolls a few stun grenades out from cover as Alex takes out the remaining exposed pilot. The two warriors taken out, only the techs remain though they have long since hidden in their locked shuttles recounting the scene though it seems too late even as Alex hears the soldiers rushing through the ship nearly here.

Quad dashes out of the control room and after shouting out to Alex so he is not mistaken as an enemy.

“You know, I hope you can fly.” Quad snickers at the oversight in asking though he had assumed that if she couldn't she would have told him. He knew the basics of flying and headed to the transport without delay.

Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:07 pm

Without the suit, Alexandra would have been overwhelmed at this point. Even now, it was all very intimidating for the rookie agent. So much has happened and she had managed to fight against ever one sided odds. The suit worked round the clock, trying to keep her calm, keeping her heart rate steady and to control her breathing. It kept her arms from shaking and helped control even basic marksmanship such as trigger squeeze and steady aim. With the suit, she could make clear accurate shots while the Adda continued to panic and fire wildly at her position.

The hangar opened, thankfully with a forcefield active. That shocked the Adda and gave the agent a chance to fire back and reduce their dwindling numbers even further. The pilots were already blowing the last of their ammunition, pistols having much less rounds to fire than the standard issue rifles. Grenades came lobbing in from above, taking out the last of the resistance before Quad made his entrance. This was their one and only chance.

Already, guards were entering the hangar from behind. The two fled for the transport. Flying was not much of an issue with any ADD agent. She had flown a scout ship to the planet. This was of course a different ship and much heavier but Alexandra knew enough to start the engines and blast her way for the hangar doors. Should the doors remain open long enough, Alexandra would immediately head for around the planet to hopefully evade her pursuers. She had to buy a bit more time before the Adda were forced to abandon their mission and retreat. They still had to pick up the Hunter from off planet as well. She just had to hope the science team were able to hide somewhere and wait for this all to blow over.

Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:59 pm

They got to the transport as Jinn and his men poured into the hanger. Making their way to the cock pit Alex fired up the engines as Quad got the boarding ramp to retract and made his way to the gun turret as the Ada fired harmlessly at the ship, their weapons not strong enough to do much more than scorch the paint.

At first as the turret swiveled the Adda took cover but they were such small targets and Quad too inexperienced to reasonable pull off the shot but he had not indeed to shoot them.

He had already taken out the Adda in flight control, locked the entrance he had used to ensure to access it others would have to bypass the door on level three or enter it through the hanger on level two. In effect he had bought them the time that they needed and opened the doors to freedom. He could see the green planet that they were orbiting as they blast off before he finishes doing what he was doing, shooting the fighters. The shuttles weren't going anywhere, not that they had the speed to keep up with the transport.

He had three of the six fighters destroyed before they cleared the hanger, an angry Jinn not fortunate enough to get to a ship ahead of some of the warriors and though each was trained a little in the basics they were ground ponders unaccustomed to space combat, one could barely fly at all but followed the lead of the other two warriors.

As they cleared the battleship the vessel opened up on them, alerted by Alex's escape attempt but the battleship had not possessed a full crew and only a few guns opened up on them and only for a moment until three of the fighters screeched out of the hanger, two in close pursuit, the third chasing them by definition only seeing how far back he was.

On an intercom in the turret came Quad's voice.

“I think this thing has a few rear facing guns, in any case we got two incoming. I'm not a great shot or pilot but I'll do what I can ...”

The battleship wasn't pursuing, it was too slow any way, though as they swept around the planet the two fighters were in pursuit, the last not even on their sensors any longer.

Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:48 pm

The sound of blaster fire could be heard outside, plinking against the hull of the transport. The engines came to life along with the ship's systems. Quad was quick to take control of one of the turrets, firing back at the opposition while destroying many of the fighters. The engines fired up and just like that, they were in outer space. Adda were scrambling to get into the fighters, not wishing the agent to get away after all this.

The chaos bought them enough time to get out of range of the battleship. They now just had to deal with the fighters coming after them. Alexandra knew nothing about this ship. It apparently was designed for multiple personel in order to main the turrets. With just Quad, they only had one turret in use while the ADD agent flew the vessel. "Just do what you can!" Alexandra replied, "I am taking this thing into the planet!"

She tried her best to manuever the transport but it was far more sluggish than her ADD scout ship and the pursuing fighters. All she could do was try to tilt the ship to allow Quad as many shots as possible while closing their orbit to the point of falling towards the planet itself. If they could not fight off the fighters, they could at least get to the surface and hide in the forest. At this point, the Adda had lost and they would have to break off to avoid running into any ADD reinforcements.

Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:09 pm

“INTO THE PLANET!” Quad probably thought that she meant to crash into it, his voice contained the excitement and if he had sweat glands he would have been sweating up a storm.

He gripped the controls of the turret blasting at the ships. But the lead ship's pilot kept evading him having a little experience with this but having to multitask his shots were off the

When he switched to target the wing man though he had more success. His shots we closer until he found his mark blasting it to bits though the other fighter sill dogged them, the ship rocking as it was hit. Then again as it was struck in short order, the planet growing larger though it still had the edge in speed the fighter was not as quick in atmospheric conditions.

“Got one, but what's the plan really? Going to ground and waiting the others out? Taking this guy on outside of ship combat, whoa that was close.” The ship rocked again as it was nearly hit for a third time. Quad firing away but that last fighter kept evading him.

Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:42 pm

Now dealing with gravity and forces of planetary reentry, Alexandra had to struggle to avoid losing total control of the ship. She could no longer just dip, weave, and spin while also keeping concern for the approaching surface below. The change of friction and resistance hindered one of the fighters enough to be taken out in a matter of shots. There was still one more and the one following further behind. The ship was shaking from both the entry into the planet's atmosphere and the constant pelting of weapons fire against the ship's hull. It was unknown how much they could take or if the Adda intended to destroy the ship or simply disable it. They were probably not very happy to have to damage their own ships just to get back one slave.

Another few shots sank into the hull plating. Sparks were flying as systems were now taking damage. One of the thrusters suddenly went out as the entire ship began to shake violently. This was not going to be a very pretty landing. Smoke flowed out of the damaged engines as the ship came crashing through the trees. The transport slid along the ground, knocking over anything it ran into until finally coming to a stop.

The ship was steaming as Alexandra layed there over the console. "Uhhnnn..." she stirred and got up slowly. Her entire body was hurting but she had to keep moving. "Quad! Are you alright back there?!" she called out as she opened the doors and welcomed the warm air of the planet. They could not stay here long with that fighter coming around. They had to get into the forest and hide.

Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:03 pm

The pilot had almost got fixated on his target so much that he would have crashed into the plant but manage to pull up at the last moment and shoot off as the transport cut a swathe in the earth, knocking down small trees as the hull bent and warped.

Kill them. It was the order that Jinn relayed after the destruction in the hanger, the agent was being a great nuisance and rather than waste time checking back with the Emissary and slowing down the orders the commander relayed the order instead.

The fighter had to circle back, the path of destruction forming a perfect place to land. Dealing with the situation on the ground was preferable. He was circling back as the transport opened it's doors.

Nothing from Quad for a moment than a groan pf pain. “I'm not dying a virgin,” he chuckled though there was pain it the tech's voice. She saw why when seeing him. Not only was their a gash in his head, his glasses shattered with a spider web pattern over the left eye but one of his arms dangled at his side, an obvious brake in the limb was there.

The Adda came forward. “Into the planet ...” he shook his head, “well it will make for an interesting story.”

They were on another continent than the team on the planet. They had made it into the forest before the ship arrive, it fired into the treeline near the crash site encase they had been there and forcing any potential ambush sites to be further away from his landing zone.

He did not disembark from his ship right away scanning the transport for life signs then scanning the immediate area.

The sensors were calibrated to detect human life signs, they could be switched easily enough but the warrior had no clue how to do that and figuring out such a simple matter would have taken Quad at least ten minutes to figure out. Still, he looked for Ada life signs. If they were close enough he would go after them, if further from here then he would have to make a decision to either wait for the slow fighter or go off by himself in hopes to catch them. He could try to follow them in the ship but he would be firing blindly, there was too much tree cover.

He debated briefly when picking up one Adda life sign and got out of the cramped cock pit, cramped s it had not been designed for flying about with a rifle in it. There was some stowage space but he essentially jumped into the ship and went.

Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:05 pm

"Sorry, they did not give me much of a choice," Alexandra said as she helped Quad get out of the ship. They had to hurry. The fighter was already coming around for a landing and a third would soon be joining him. With just a rifle slung over her back, the agent and the Adda technician ran into the forest. They got as far from the impact zone as possible, uncertain if they were just going to blow up the transport right then and there.

The world exploded behind them as the fighter shot blindly around the area, decimating several trees within a radius of the transport ship. Her muscles were burning. She was tired and both of them were rather banged up after the crash. The suit helped keep her moving but it used up most of its energy absorbing the impact from before. Alexandra had grown more sluggish as she tried to lead the way deeper into the forest.

With the two on a different continent as the science team, they were on their own. There were only two guards left. If she could just get a clear shot of them both, this could all be over. Arming her rifle, she kept her eyes and ears peeled for any approaching targets.

Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:28 pm

“Well, I'm still alive despite their efforts.” Quad grinned as he was helped away.

The fighter that set down was going to blast the transport but picking up no life forms he had not. Still the one Ada he had detected wasn't terribly far so he had went after them as the last fighter neared the planet though by the time he rounded it he ha pick nothing up on long range scans.

Either they had went to the planet or pressed deeper into space and were well beyondthe range of his sensors at the moment.

He debates for a quick moment. If they were trying to escape then they probably used the planet to shield against the battleship's sensors.

So they were likely to be deeper in space. He turns about going back to the ship.

And then there was but one warrior left and he entered into the forest after the pair, picking his way slowly through the forest to avoid a trap.

“You're better off leaving me. The sensors in the fighters can pick out Adda life signs.” He grinned at her. “I'm not going to die, I still have something to do first but I'll bring them right to you.”

Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:07 pm

Alexandra had no clue where they were going beyond away from the crash site. It was impossible to tell if the their pursuers were catching up or not. The two did not even know the third fighter had returned to base. But they also did not know if the ship would come and send more warriors directly either. The agent had to assume the worse and just hide out for the time being. Only after things have blown over, they can see about setting up a beacon for the ADD to come pick them up. Hiking and swimming back to the campsite was not an option.

The agent stopped when she was told to leave Quad behind. "I am not going to leave you with a broken arm," she said. It was not like she had any other ideas. With rifle in hand, she could at least cover Quad and hopefully kill the Adda before it did the same to the only alien creature that has helped her so far.

Looking up for a moment, she climbed up a tree to get a better viewing distance as she prepared for the incoming hostile. She was tired and her aim was less than steady. She will just have to keep firing until she hit her target, hopefully before he could fire back or dive into cover.

Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:13 am

She refused to leave him but he was afraid that the Adda would find her through him …

An idea took shape in his mind though it was after she had scaled the tree. He sat at the base of it one hand moving the broken arm so that he could see how much time they had left before the ship was due to leave.

A little more than an hour and a have. Shit He cursed. He had no grenades left but he sat their with the rifle watching back the way they had come.

Alex was able to see the destruction from the crash site though picking it's way along at a slow rate she could see the lone Adda warrior. He was being cautious as he moved, scanning ahead of himself as he looked out for an ambush. Moving from cover to cover and not presenting himself as a target to often.

She watched for a bit as he was well out of range of this rifle for it barely had a three hundred meter range. With all the cover it was probably best that she let him close to 200 or even 100 meters to increase her odds of success.

With a closer shot he would be able to shoot back, even at extreme range considering that they had the same model rifle though she had the advantage that he might have to assess where she was before returning fire.

Fatigue was a factor here though she took careful aim waiting for the Adda to dash out from behind cover and …

One shot was all it took, the Adda dropping from it's fatal head wound.

Climbing out of the tree the pair press on for a bit then circled back when there was no further pursuit and the deadline for the ship in orbit passed.

All that was left for them was to set the distress beacon or perhaps take the fighter back to the other continent though the problem was that the fighter was only a one seater and the transport wasn't going any place any time soon.

Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:20 am

Alexandra let out a long sigh. The Adda was dead. For a few moments, she did not move. She waited for more to come but no one came. Eventually, she climbed down and made her way to the dead warrior. The other fighter never came. It looks like they were finally in the clear.

Surveying the damage, the transport was not getting off the ground. The beacon was operational and there were some emergency rations to hold them over if necessary. The fighter could only seat one. But, Alexandra's scout ship was at the ADD campsite and that had room for more than one passenger. But that would mean leaving Quad along with a broken arm. She searched for a medkit in the transport to help deal with the damage and pain.

"I can get to the campsite with the fighter," she said breathlessly, "I have to make sure the others are alright. My ship is over there as well. Assuming they picked up their Hunter, I should be back in no time to bring you to camp. Then, we will just have to wait for ADD to come pick us all up. Will you be ok?"

Once she got confirmation, she would hop into the fighter. She would try to contact the camp and hope someone was there to answer. If not, they were either still hiding or captured. Either way, she had to go find them. She fired up the engines and made her way for the camp's location.

Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:18 am

She treated Quad, the worse of his injuries had been the broken arm and their was some pain killers that she could inject him with after forming a make shift spine and resetting the broken bone. He was hurt though the runt was going to pull through. He would stay nearby just in cases some other Adda came by some obscure chance.

"I am fine. I'll live."

He doubted it, the deadline had passed. Goro wanted to stay an extra day but did not wish to stick around encase ADD reinforcements arrived after the day. He would have to admit that he failed, with a battleship that was under staffed there was little hope that he could defend against more than one ship and he was hard pressed. Given that so many men were lost he had no way of knowing that there was only one agent that did the bulk of the amage as he had not believed the reports.

Taking the fighter she comms the encampment and while there is a delay there is an answer.

“Hey, Alex! Glad you made it. Set on down, those things have left.” It was Ella and Alex found that she was the only one at the camp.

“They just left and I'm the only one with stealth skills so I wanted to check things out before the others came back. That tracker was good though I was better it seemed and managed to get the other girls hidden. I contacted base but since we're over due for a check in they already sent someone out to check on us. Unfortunately they're still a ways out and should be here within two hours.”

Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:49 am
Reply to topic   [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next