View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 11:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Nightlights Don't Help. (For Planeswalker) 

Post Nightlights Don't Help. (For Planeswalker)
The dorms provided an excellent place of peace and reading. It was around midnight and all lights were to be turned off, but a flicker escaped under the crevice of a door. Inside was Aleace, busily reading a book a the Latin language. She was now wearing a ghostly white gown and had the covers to her waist. The source of light came from her finger. It was and dim, but it provided excellent light for reading.
"Hmm. I am starting to get the hang of things. The Latin laguage was afterall the basis of today's English," she mummbled, as if reassuring herself she would understand given time.
Her dorm was more of a lighter color then other plain rooms. It was a nice phase of white, which is Aleace stared upon would calm her stressful nerves.
But there was no stress at the moment. Just a student who was wracking her brain with knowledge even after all life was suppossed to be in sleep.

Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:12 am

Down the hall, something dark this way comes. Slithering along the floor like a roiling wave of ebony water, the shadowling known as Siolazar flows down the hall of the dorms, a bit bored late on this night. The occasional sound drew it's attention, sensing the vibrations in the still air, but those did not hold the creature's attention for long. As it continued it's wanderings, a bit of light caught it's attention. Hm. Lights out was hours ago, and yet, here some girl persisted. Breaking the rules. Tsk tsk.

Sliding towards the door slowly, Siolazar slipped beneath the bottom, and peered into the room. A small mote of light was at the end of the girls finger, and this was the cause of the illumination. The shadowborn twinged a bit, peering at the light made it hurt a bit, and it's gaze was turned away from it. It began to approach the side of the bed, slithering up the end of it with a languid pace. A closer look is warranted in this case.

Profile = Siolazar, Shadowborn

Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:56 pm
Profile YIM

"Mon, montis...that means....mountains of course!" she chirped, obviously happy with her memory of the words. Busily studying and even if she did have her attention completely focused, she still might've missed the dark shadow that entered her room.
A soft yawn came from the student, obviously tired from her long work. She rubbed her face in an attempt to keep herself awake for just a moment longer. Hearing footsteps come along the hallways, she quickly breaks her focus to keep a light and ocvers her hand for a faster cover. As the footsteps passed by she sighed with relief. She chuckled slightly at a thought. Would a teacher truly be enraged and come bursting through the door and tell her to stop studying?
She yawned again, a persistant tinge of exhaustion washed over her. She sighed with frustration and forces herself to keep studying. How else would she be able to get stronger? Alittle bit of tiredness wouldn't hurt.

Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:41 pm

The inky pool sat on her bed, comfortable in the relative darkness of the room. It peered about, looking around the room with slow curiousity. Hm. Not too bad, not too bad. It seemed that this one had adjusted well enough to her surroundings. Siolazar quivered with amusement as the girl extinguished the light as someone walked by outside. Probably a student breaking curfew. So many of the girls here did that. Ah well, the other inhabitants of the school got them then. It spoke now quietly, waiting to see what the girl would do in response to the ephemeral and whispering voice.

"I see that you can produce light. That is a very nice trick. Though, I can't say that I particularly like it much."

Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:26 pm
Profile YIM

"Hmm?" she questioned, hearing a voice out of nowhere. Who said that? Is it...a monster?
"Uhh...I am sorry to hear that," she replies, waiting to see if it would answer back. Not again. Surely there isn't another monster in her midst once again is there?

Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:46 pm

The shadowling continued to sit in the darkness at the foot of her bed, the only light coming in through the windows, the full moon shining brightly. It was a rather nice night, the silverly lunar rays creating beautiful shadows in the room, perfect grounds for the shadowling. Spreading itself out over the bed a bit, part of it's form dripped downwards to the floor, off towards the small kitchenette the dorms had.

"Well, it's nothing against you personally. Just not a big fan of it. Tell me this though, where did you learn how to do that?"

Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:10 pm
Profile YIM

She seemed extremelycurious to this thing that talked to her. It seemed nice for once, not tearing a hr clothes for the time being, not forcing anything on her, just talking...
"Oh. Well that is good to know. Uhhh...I learned I had it when I was...when I was abused by my ex-boyfriend. then it went all uphill from that point. Now may I ask you something? Who-or what are you if you do no mind..." she asked, her voice soft and had no hurtful insults in it whatsoever. Maybe she trusted this thing too much, or maybe she was to tired to argue...who knows?
All that was known is that sh obviously didn't mind making conversation with something she could not see. Didn't seem like a threat for the time being...but now that she knew it didn't like her powers, atleast she had something to protect herself if it decided to attack.

Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]