View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 10:33 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Sshh, No Talking in the Library. (Kanoe) -Completed- 

The woman kept her gaze lowered as she continues to wash the blood from the wound. She must have upsetted her. But, she was grateful to have this light witch as a friend. Maybe her mistress would not be interested in a light witch but, that doesn't mean she could not learn a few things as well. Kanoe had her own thoughts about god and decided to keep them to herself. As far as she was concerned, on this island, god is on vacation or simply doesn't care. She shakes her head faintly as she finally looks up at Aleace.

"I want you to try something," She says softly, "It should not put any strain on you so it's completely safe."

This lesson had nothing to do with light or dark and perhaps it will benefit this woman. It was the least she can do and maybe it will boost her spirits. Boost her spirits? Now it was Kanoe trying to be helpful. Is this a good thing or is this weakness? She was unsure. The young witch grabs the remote and turns off the television.

"Close your eyes," She whispers, "I know it's been a trying day, especially with meeting someone like myself. But, try to relax. Focus on hearing the air around you. It is a bit difficult indoors but, even the air moves in here. Tune out the rest of the sounds until you are only listening to the gentle movement of the air around you. Then focus on blocking out that sound...listen for something else within the sound of the air around you."

She was not like her mistress but she was doing her best to use her words that taught herself about seeing mana threads. Aleace was a smart and optomistic woman...she was sure this light witch will be able to learn it too.

"It will sound faint at first," She continues, whispering softly as she gently holds Aleace's hands, "A constant whine of energy. It is all around you. Think and visualize how that energy moves through the veins of the world. It's ebb and flow, how it enters and escapes every living thing. Once you are ready..open your eyes."

If done correctly, the light witch should see swirls and threads of colorful blues and purples flowing in and out of her own body and Kanoe's. Flowing around the room. Kanoe follows the steps as well, letting herself see the dizzying colors flow around the two students.

"This..is mana," She says softly.

My Monster: Vespira
My ADD: Alexandra

Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:51 am

"How quickly the one who teaches becomes the one who learns," she mummbles and does as she is asked. Closing her eyes, she tries to relax. Easier said then done, though.
It takes a good few seconds before she can even concentrate on the air without letting her mind wonder off. It was starnge, being able to hear air in a room, but she did not go into deep thought of physics. Now was not the time...
She gives a heavy sigh as tension is released from her tight muscles, and she could start to hear a faint sound. It sounded completely ghost like to her as it whistled in and out of her hearing. Finally it stayed put, but became louder...as if it called to her. Feeling she was ready, she slowly opens her eyes. They become wide with awe as she gazes, a wisp of mana that flows across her face keeps its path just the same. Is this what mana looks like? Marvelous. She saw purple and blue mana flow in and out of Kanoe's body. She understood what she said, but she was more amazed at how beautiful those large and small flows of mana were that Kanoe's.
She looked down at herself and saw with even more shocked eyes as white/yellow like mana flowed out of her and back in. Was this...her's? Impossible. She felt so sad at the moment, yet seeing this made her more comfortable. The noom of her neck, though a different story.
Though light mana was seen from the front, where she was marked, it seemed to flow blood red, in an out of her and into her back and just circulated there. Of course, Aleace was by far not paying attention to it.
She gently swayed her hands infront of her white nmana and saw her as it stuck to her hand, only to fall back into place.
"This...this is...amazing!" she finally exclamed and looked all around the floor and ceiling.

Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:09 am

Kanoe smiles as she sees Aleace wave her hands through the streams of mana. She was glad to return some happiness to this woman. She knows it was her fault for making her as gloomy as herself. It was not her place to do such a thing, especially to a friend. The light witch was doing better than her on her first time. She remembers the colors had made her so dizzy she nearly fell off the school roof.

"Does that help?" She asks, "As you can see, you have mana though how much I do not really know how to describe." She looks at both Aleace's and her own hands, "I was told I have a great amount and it tends to leak out alot. So when I try to use magic, I tend to waste alot of it or lose control of it. You might have less but you can control far better so you are probably better off than me."

She was not sure if that will cheer the woman up. Maybe if she would actually try to sound a bit more enthusiastic it would have gone better. Doesn't matter now.

"That was the first lesson she taught me," She continues, "Though the price was my mana, I still practice it. Sometimes...I go outside to the beach or the park and just watch the mana flow."

Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:19 am

"This would definitly keep me busy. I do wonder though as when I did in the library...I wonder what white, purple, and blue would mix into," she thinks out loud, curious herself. Like mixing colors of the rainbows really.
"Kanoe...how many colors of mana are there?" she asks, still expireementing with the mana infron of her chest, waving in and out of it with a hand.

Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:29 am

"Hmm?" Kanoe blinks, "I..I don't know. I usually just see purples and blues. Yours is much...brighter and it is safe to say that there could be more colors out there."

She hides a smile at the sight of Aleace still waving her hand infront of herself. The woman must really like seeing mana. Who can blame her though? To be able to see the mana flowing throughout everything. It was like looking at the world's own veins. Seeing another woman who can channel mana is a sight to behold though. Everyone else looks a bit bland compared to the spectacular display of a mana user. Her mistress did not emit such threads despite her great powers. Aleace does though not as much as herself. Perhaps it was due to the light witch's better handle of her spells. Still, it was nice to meet another body of mana to look at.

"Seems I distracted from our movie..my apologies," She says softly.

Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:51 am

She blinks and lets what she said sink in.
"Oh yes, right. Well, the movie was starting to make me remember ummm....event sthat have happened so how about we stop that movie," she mummbles and continues to play with her mana. A thought crosses her mind as she stares on. What if you could actually keep most of your mana inside you? Keep it from escaping that is. She begins to think of how to accomplish something like that.
She could only guess that Kanoe's mistress taught her this little trick. She begins to close her eyes and concentrate on her hypnotic trance. As she opens her glazed over eyes she looks down to see the mana circulating much faster in and out of her.
"So that is the reason my body could not last in this state of mind. My mana travels to fast into my body to let it get any energy," she speaks out loud and blinks back into reality. With her now soft and warm orbs, she looks to Kanoe and gives a quick smile.
"I'll have to work on that. As soon as I figure that out, you'll be the first to learn about it," she says. Being in her trance for such a short time did not weaken her considerably at all. It was more of like just running a short distance race and was just catching your breath. She studies her mana closely, bending down to look at it.
"Hmm...waves of pure energy that never dies down and flows throughe everything. Chemicals in your own body system mixing with this...your magic taking this in..." she mummbles, her words sometimes came out so low they were not heard which is why you could only hear a few of them come from her mouth. Aleace would appear to be studying this flow of energy, but she was doing much more than that.

Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:15 pm

She blinks and lets what she said sink in.
"Oh yes, right. Well, the movie was starting to make me remember ummm....event sthat have happened so how about we stop that movie," she mummbles and continues to play with her mana. A thought crosses her mind as she stares on. What if you could actually keep most of your mana inside you? Keep it from escaping that is. She begins to think of how to accomplish something like that.
She could only guess that Kanoe's mistress taught her this little trick. She begins to close her eyes and concentrate on her hypnotic trance. As she opens her glazed over eyes she looks down to see the mana circulating much faster in and out of her.
"So that is the reason my body could not last in this state of mind. My mana travels to fast into my body to let it get any energy," she speaks out loud and blinks back into reality. With her now soft and warm orbs, she looks to Kanoe and gives a quick smile.
"I'll have to work on that. As soon as I figure that out, you'll be the first to learn about it," she says. Being in her trance for such a short time did not weaken her considerably at all. It was more of like just running a short distance race and was just catching your breath. She studies her mana closely, bending down to look at it.
"Hmm...waves of pure energy that never dies down and flows throughe everything. Chemicals in your own body system mixing with this...your magic taking this in..." she mummbles, her words sometimes came out so low they were not heard which is why you could only hear a few of them come from her mouth. Aleace would appear to be studying this flow of energy, but she was doing much more than that.

Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:16 pm

"You look like a child who has just open a present," Kanoe says softly.

She rises to her feet and puts away the movie before returning back to her seat. Aleace was already in deep thought, studying what her eyes could now see. Guess the lesson has helped her or at least made her rather curious with new questions. Kanoe blinks for a moment as she sees the light witch enter her trance briefly. The young woman could see the amount of mana being expended. Seems this woman has the same troubles as her, though not as much. She smiles faintly back at the woman. Seems they will be sharing more notes in the future. She was glad she was not entirely alone on the island anymore.

"You don't have to bend over like that," She says, "It's not going to run off on you and you will see more strands come from your body anyway. No need to try and study a single strand like that. Could get stuck being bent over like that."

Kanoe smiles faintly as she was not sure if Aleace even heard her. Back to studying it seems. The young witch remains sitting, just watching the other woman as mana continues to flow within her sight.

Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:56 pm

She crpsses her eyes to Kanoe with a silly face. Call her a child, hm? Well fine, then she will act like one. Hearing the last comment , she straightens up as advised. She expierements with creating another 'Ray of Hope'. She watched curiously as mana was absorbed into the light orb to make it even more powerful.
"This has opened new doors for me, Kanoe. I can't thank-you enough," she states to her and walks over to where she sat. She places the orb into her arms and flops right on the bed, and gave a slight moan of bliss to the soft bed that softened her back.
"So much has happened and so much has been learned. I've never had such an eventful day," she sighs and turns her head back to Kanoe.
"I'm really glad you and I have become friends. Its nice to have someone to talk to."

Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:21 am

Kanoe frowns at Aleace's silly face as usual. She watches the light witch bring several strands of mana together, melding them into a single orb of light. The other woman blinks, letting the swirling colors fade from her vision. The short lesson did what it was intended, bringing confidence and a smile back to the other student. It was the least she can do for bringing her cold attitude to Aleace's life.

"I am glad to have met you as well," She says softly, "You shouldn't strain yourself making another orb. If you require rest, I can leave you be if you wish."

Her fingers gently run across the orb's warm glow. The light witch tends to push herself on her studies as well. That's understandable compared to Kanoe's long nights translating and studying tomes of magic. Seeing Aleace slump onto the bed reminded her that she was still weary from the teaching over at the library. She did not want to burden the woman and keep her up if she is tired.

Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:29 am

"I always welcome your company. If you wish to go to your dorm and take a nap, who am I to stop you from getting rest? I do, however, have a pull out comfy bed at that couch way on the side of my bed. I would not mind if you wanted to sleep here or something. Slumber Party or whatever it is you people say," she explains, pushing herself halfway up and looks absentmindly infront of her, never adverting her eyes anywhere else.
"...you can keep the orb. It is a good source for draining abit of mana from everything and feeds it into your body. Whenever your drained of a hard day it will be there to help...and comfort you." She gave a small yawning, covering her mouth from showing such a gaping hole to her new friend.
"You can do as you wish. Me casa es sue casa."

Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:44 am

Kanoe sighs, she was speaking of Aleace's weariness not herself. Guess it would be like her to turn it around and show concern for the young witch. She blinks at the term Slumber Party. She never done such a thing before. Though that was due to the fact she lacked friends all her life. She rises to her feet and walks over to the bed. She gently sets the orb on Aleace's lap and holding it there.

"You are the one who has had a hard day," She whispers, "You should rest with it for now, until you recover the mana you have used today. I guess I can stay here. My room has not been very safe lately and leaving you here exhausted would be no better than leaving you at the library."

She nods slightly to herself. Yes, that sounds right...she thinks. She was unsure how she felt about staying at someone else's place. But, why not? They were friends and there was nothing wrong with staying over at a friend's place right?

Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:02 am

Dang, that plan didn't work. She was trying to coax Kanoe into thinking of her own weariness for once, but it appeared she had seen right through it. She sighs in defeat and rises, pushing the orb back into Kanoe's hands with sterness. She gives her narrowed stare telling her to take it, and then walks over to the couch. She bends herself down into kneeling and begins taking the pullout bed from its hiding. Finally sticking the support legs under it, she takes a blanket off her bed and places it on the pullout bed, throwing two pillows in the cloest ontop.
"There ya go. And yes, it is probably wise to stay with eachother. I haven't had to to much bad luck. Just one occurence...I think," she says, still having trouble remembering the event. "It was a possessed teddy bear...I think atleast. Somehow I managed to wake up uncounsciouss on the floor. There were blood stains on the window...which gives me the conclusion...I actually won the fight...I think atleast."
She had never heard anyone win a fight against a monster before, and Kanoe probably hadn't either. But that's what she came to...or she probably would've wokn up with something waiting for her. After situating the bed and the story, she walks over to the window and shuts the blinds. She didn't realize how late it had gotten. She looked at her watch in amazement. It was around seven now.
She goes through her closet, grummbling incoherently about how it was to small and pulls out two pairs of pajamas. She looks to her curiously.
"If your going to stay here...do you want to use my spare pajamas or do you wish to go to your room and get your own? Either way is simple for me."

Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:42 am

Goes Kanoe again as she continues to hold the light orb. What a stubborn girl. She simply waits as Aleace works on pulling out the other bed. Perhaps the light witch has some luck. Lets just hope the other witch's horrible luck does not taint it. It was a bit chilling to know that even stuffed animals rape women here on this island. One would think 'what next?' but, Kanoe was not going to dare think about such a question. It just might get answered.

"It's ok," She says simply, "I can sleep in this. It's not as tight as the actual school uniforms that are issued."

The two women were just about the same height but Kanoe's breasts would probably be a bit more in the way if she were to try on Aleace's clothes. She did not really own any pajamas. Her long flowing robes worked just as well and were rather comfortable. She rather not make a trip to her room just to walk back. She slips off her shoes and socks and removes her vest, leaving on her black shirt and skirt. She buttons up the shirt, covering up her tattoo once more. The young witch picks up the light orb and walks over to Aleace, pressing it on to her.

"Please rest with it for tonight," She says softly.

Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:58 am

Just about to smack Kanoe upside the head, Aleace finally gives in. She simply takes the orb and huffs at it.
"Oye ve, woman. It is not like I cannot make another," she retorts. She wrinkles her nose as Kanoe decided to sleep in her uniform. Even with Kanoe's and Aleace breast differences...she still felt Kanoe might atleast have something for her abdomen. She set them aside on a small little coffee table and sighed.
Not really thinking of it as a big deal, she begins to unbutton her shirt, she definitly did not want to sleep in this thing. She gives a sigh of relief as the shirt of the uniform comes off.
"I dispise these uniforms...they make it so tight around one's chest, it is like asking for a monster to touch them."

Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:10 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next