View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 6:32 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next
 Klutz Descending A Staircase (for Clarice) (Complete) 

She gave a quirked brow and paused, peering to her with perplexed eyes. What did she say?

"Does it look like I kid? And you? You want to learn magic?"

She was rather surprised such an innocent girl would want to learn something like magic. She wasn't exactly sure if she could learn or if it was something you were born with. But might as well give optimism.

Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:02 am

Violett nodded entunsiasticly. She was doing her best not to hug Clarice again, but it was starting to get tricky.

"Of course I do! I mean.... you know... as long as it's not the icky kind that brings up grody dead things... But I can tell you aren't the type for bad magic!"

Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:12 am

"SSSHhhh!! Would ya keep it down? Could you even imagine what would happen if one of the teacher's heard you?" she scolded, sighing roughly.

"Well, just for future reference, some users don't have a choice in what they do. SOmetimes it takes years and years of practice to do something totally different then before. But I'll...try to atleast teach you some defensive magic. I can only assume you've never used magic before...so you won't alot of mana to fuel it."

Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:51 pm

BLushing quietly, Violett nodded, head hung in shame.

"I'm sorry... I promise I won't mention it again unless no one is around."

Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:16 am

"Good idea. Umm...how about after school. I'm not sure if I'm err...qualified to teach someone magic, but I'll certainly try if you wish," she casually puts, a hand propped up her head as she waits for the girl's answer.

Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:39 pm

"That would be very nice," Violett replied. "Thank you. Where should we meet?"

Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:34 am

"I would say in my room. Its # 211. Come whenever since I'm going to be cooped up in my room anyways."

Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:44 am

Violett nodded, taking a sharp left turn and heading for a vending machine.

"Do you need to test me for mana? More importantly, though, what do you want to drink?"

Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:51 am

"Ummm just drank something. And I'll probably have to. Just so you know, size has nothing to do with magic. The most compact person can have extremely concentrated mana. Not saying that tall or big users can't also...its just more common in small people."

She was surprised at herself from giving away such infor to this girl. Perhaps she was finally warming up to her...

Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:38 pm

Violett hmmed, pondering the buttons on the soda machine as she fed her dollar into the machine. With a whirr, the money vanished into the machine, only to return a second later. Smoothing the bill out, Violett tried again, with predictable results. After several attempts, The machine finally accepted the bill, rewarding VIolett's perseverence with a cold bottle of Sprite.

"So, is Mana anything like Chi?" she asked curiously.

Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:29 pm

"Chi? Pah, chi is nothing compared to mana. Chi is the emotional strength within one's soul. Mana is the power of magic. it flows through and is everything around us. It comes from rocks, trees, air, animals, humans, and even matter itself. Witches are different in the way we can harness its power inside of us and use it. We can read-no, see it on will. I have not yet tried so for I'd then have to use magic in public," she explains. She was not going to beat around the bush. If she was interested in information about magic, why should stand in the girl's way.

"I must warn you before hand. Witches know the tongue of silence and misunderstanding. If you learn magic...you may very well be looked down upon...like myself."

Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:39 am

Violett sighed. "Stop saying witch, Clarice... You're a White Mage to me. All I really want is to not spend my life waiting to be rescued. I don't want people to get hurt because of me. That's okay, right?"

Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:30 am

"Call it what you will. I'm merely calling it how everyone else sees it," she simply puts and quirks a brow to her in the term she gave.

"You have no idea how very wrong you are. I don't consider myself a White Mage as you put it. You wouldn't believe the hell I've been put through because of what my power is."

It was more harshness towards herself, to her powers. She stares down at her hands and sighs. She never appreciated her power to read another person's thoughts. It never brought her happiness. All surprises someone tried to do for her, every single saddness and grief that was about to be said or felt...she knew before a word was spoken. The only thing that made her happy of her emotional reading was...reading Kanoe.

Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:50 am

Violett glared at Clarise, sudden frustration flaring up.

"I don't get how you can have this gift... this talent... and hate it so much! I've been helpless my entire life, Clarise! I can't wait for a knight in shining armor forever, and chances are even if I tried, nobody wants a damsel in distress!"

Sobbing, Violett collapsed to the ground. "I'm sorry. I just... I didn't mean it that way... I just... It gets to me sometimes..."

Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:23 am

She watches as the girl's emotions flare in her face, wincing as she feels the heated redness of rage so close to her. She sighs and shakes her head to her. This girl just didn't understand.

...I can read emotions, Violett. I can see your anger and saddness before me...do you not understand that with such a power comes a horrible price. Not once in my life....have I actually benn surprised with a party or a gift. I always knew before they gave me it so it takes away the happiness of it all. Besides that, your not a damsel in distress. Your just like me when I was younger. Before I began learning magic..."

Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:11 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next