View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 02, 2024 6:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Meeting New People (Hinata) 

Post Meeting New People (Hinata)
Noel grinned broadly as she walked down the hallway towards the dormitory's common room, a swing in her step. It was just her second day on the island, but already she was loving it. She'd fainted last night and woke up in the nurse's office, but the woman working had assured her that she was fine. Apparently this sort of thing happened from time to time.

She's shrugged it off, the rest of her experience had been to good to let something like a little heat exhaustion bother her. Everyone in her hall had been extremely nice, and her first day of classes had gone very smoothly. It was early evening now, and with no homework this early in the semester Noel had decided that it would be a waste to spend the evening in her dorm room. Unless she found someone to bring back with her, that is...Don't get ahead of yourself! She thought as she finally reached the large open room in the center of the building. A handful of girls were scattered around, reading, studying in small groups, a few were gathered around a television in one corner, watching a romantic comedy and giggling over the male lead.

No sense bothering them... She thought, just as her eye was caught by a pretty Asian girl sitting alone. Noel smiled to herself and casually made her way over.

Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:04 am
Profile WWW

Had made the rarest sorts of jounries around the school. Having found herself a fairly private part of the comon room to study, she enjoyed the soft chatter of the other girls to get her mind off of things. And off of the horrible nightmares she'd been having the passed few days. Her hair a bit of a mess than usual, though, she was well enough pampered in her own eyes. Eyes far too busy skimming over her notes and text work to notice the girl approaching her. Though her mind's eye seemed to sense it well enough. Her eyes slipping from the book just before the girl got too close, and she lifted her head to look at her with a curious stare.

"Umm," was all that could have been given, biting her bottom lip as her eyes slipped back down again into her book. Letting her hair fall over one side of her face, trying to hide a slight tint of pink to her cheeks.

Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:15 am
Profile WWW

Noel couldn't help but grin to herself as she saw the faint blush cross the petite girl's cheeks, despite her attempt to hide it. They shy ones were always so cute...I'll have to be careful though, she thought, `don't want to scare her away.

Noel spun around and took the seat next to Noel, close enough so that their thighs brushed together occasionally, but not close enough to make her feel crowded. "Hi!" She said brightly, careful to keep her voice warm and friendly, not wanting to spook the other girl. "My name's Noel. I hope you don't mind me interrupting your study break. I just got to the island, and I don't really know many people yet, so I thought I might introduce myself." She grinned brightly then, tossing her pink hair out of her eyes and offering a hand to Hinata.

Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:48 am
Profile WWW

Felt her cheeks darken when the girl spun around and sat beside her. Fingers lightly fidgeting over her pen as she gave a brief nod to her, trying weakly to smile, despite how odd she found the situation. The offer of the hand, while hesitantly ignore, extended her own hand awkwardly. Forcing that smile at last, if restrained by her undeniable shyness.

"Hinata," she said softly, nearly whispering as she kept her eyes shyly from the other girl's. The brushing of thighs that had happened much earlier didn't help, nor did the experience lessen her sudden shock of embarassment. Trying to shrink out of sight in case the other girls might come around, and tease the poor japanese girl.

Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:23 am
Profile WWW

Noel shook Hinata's hand, carefully gentle. Poor girl was as timid as a mouse, and she wondered to herself what had caused that.

"So uh...what're you studying?" The pink-haired girl asked when it was clear her shy new companion wasn't going to continue the conversation herself.

(OOC - Sorry about the short absence there, the flu bug that's been terrorizing my town finally caught up to me x_x)

Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:58 am
Profile WWW

Hinata bit into her bottom lip gently as the quest was given. She hesitated in its answer. A shy girl ever since she was but a toddler, never having many friends, and often the victim of bullying perhaps. Still she mustered up enough courage to socialize for once, and not lock herself away in her room.

"History," she answered quietly. It was the only real thing she enjoyed looking up on, reading little snip-its of nearly forgotten times of war and some such. Though her eyes wandered over curiously to the other girl, biting her lip again as she hesitated, "So what brings you here?"

Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:36 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]