View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 05, 2024 2:27 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Revi's dorm. 

Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:50 am

((This is a hard post to contribute to, lol. I don't fit in))

Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:40 am

(( Just go with it! If you want, of course. :P ))

Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:15 am

((I'm sure they've all got something in common :D ))

"Yeah. Figured as much," is her way of introduction to Revi. Eyes follow the two girls as they disappear into Revi's room before El lopes after. She lounges in the door frame, hip leaning against one plaster side, her forearm braced against the other. Her head rests in the bend of her raised elbow. Bright eyes light over the room, lips curving catlike as she combs over the climbing gear, the scattershot sprinkling of costume jewelry and electronics. Yeah, so this is what she'd come to expect. Her brain's already working numbers, crunching plans. "I'm El. As in 'The'. And, Tian, right?" Her eyes skipping to the girl on the bed. El's plenty comfortable here in the door frame, aloof, cold. It's been a good place for her to hide all this time. She's the bitch, and that makes damn fine cover for her extracurriculars, but with Chris gone, well.... Chris was her fence, really...

So she kicks her hip off the door frame and slinks on over to the bed, boots lifting carefully over the piles of laundry as she flops herself onto the edge, perched on the corner, now. It's a little uncomfortable, this whole thing.

Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:29 am

Its certainly not the typical girly rooms that a lot of the students here at campus have, that's for certain. It's funny.. as messy as the room is currently, with the laundry everywhere, Revi carefully rolls up the cabling on her oversized, DJ-style headphones and slides them in to what seems to be a predesignated storage spot, on a base next to the stereo system itself, which has a cable snaking to her laptop providing the music, apparently.. she doesn't appear to have a CD collection, girl's gone digital. Go figure. Less things to lose, in any case.. she had backups somewhere in one of those storage boxes in her closet.

The bed itself is comfortable, at least. It'd probably be more comfortable if it was made, but the sheets are clean and the bed is warm from Revi's body heat, and the blankets thrown overtop. Revi props her feet up from the computer chair to rest them on the bedframe itself, slouching a bit and getting comfortable.

"El, yeah."

She makes no obvious indicator as to whether or not she's actually heard of the girl before - but it's funny how much information two syllables can convey, just on tone alone. She knows the girl by reputation at least, that much is clear. That said, there's a brief, almost cryptic half-smile shot Elise's way as the black-haired thief turns her attention back to Tian.

"That a little more comfortable? Either of you want a water or something? 'Sall I've got."

She reaches down to pull three bottles of water, sealed, out from a small cooler cleverly concealed under her desk, tossing one to each of the girls and keeping one for herself.

Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:10 am

With poor little Tian, presumably, half-conscious on the bed, El palms her drink for her, passing it over. The second one smacks her in the palm and slips out of her grip, but she manages to snatch it up before it tumbles to the ground. She smooths the skirt down to her knee while keen eyes follow Revi, dancing around the edges of hiding spots. She could learn a thing or two, maybe. She's got a lot of things to hide and not a lot of space to hide it.

She twists the cap off of the bottle, gulpgulpgulp, licks at her lips. Eyes resettle on Revi. "So, you've heard there's rumors around here about you, right?" There's rumors about Tian too, but she won't get into those. That would just be rude.

Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:49 pm

Revi grunts, chuckling softly at Tian who seems to be pleasantly dozing after slumping over on the bed. The thief shrugs and gets herself as comfortable as she can, white-socked ankles crossed on the bedframe. She gives Elise a look as she says what she does... and cocks a brow.

"Yeah? There usually are. What've you heard?"

She cracks the seal on her bottle of water and takes a calm sip, dark eyes watching Elise.

Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:04 pm

Her grin's crooked, lopsided. She crosses her legs under her as she leans forward on the bed's corner, like the figurehead of a pirate ship. Her teeth shine porcelain, eyes shine blue. "I mean, don't get me wrong.... There's rumors about everyone. I mean, all the girls around here do is fuck each other and gossip about each other." She sets the water on the floor, palms going flat on the mattress, leaning forward further. She sits precipitously on the corner, voice hushed in mocking secrecy. "Common knowledge is you're some sorta hard-ass Catwoman kung-fu ninja assassin. Girl in my econ class thinks you're a Yakuza hitman." She reaches down to grab the water, swirling it in her hand, dangling over the edge of the bed. "But I figure that can't be right. You don't look Japanese." Her attention skips to Tian, snoring into the sheets. Her brow rises, fingers moving for the cigarette. "Maybe wanna move this outside?" she asks Revi.

Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:24 pm

A slow grin curls her lips as Elise lays down the extent of the gossip about Revi down on her - she doesn't know whether to be amused or flattered. Getting things blown out of proportion, but hey, she knew she had something of a rep to begin with - she's the strong, dangerously quiet type in public now, for the most part. Keeps to herself a little too much, works out and trains like a girl with a mission, a mission other than keeping that body of hers lean.

"You're right on the last one at least. I'd be Triad before Yakuza. Fecking Japanophiles, just because I've got Asian features I'm pidgeonholed into being from one damn island... I'm a New Yorker, for fuck's sake, and if I have one more idiot call me Revi-chan I'm going to shank someone."

She snorts, looking irritated, but lopes easily out of her chair anyways, taking another sip off her bottle of water as she goes.

"I think Sleeping Beauty'll be okay if I leave her here. 'Sides, according to the rumormill, if she takes anything I'll sneak in to her room through the window and cut her in half with my family katana."

She laughs a bit at that, before jerking a thumb at the door and heading that way, slipping in to her boots as she goes. A light jacket is thrown on over her tanktop, brown leather with sheepskin.

"Yeah, outside works. C'mon."

She'll lead Elise up to the roof, propping the door open after they're both out - it's a pain to get back in if it accidently locks.

Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:50 pm

"I'm gonna keep buying the Yakuza story till I get a good look at your pinkie fingers." She unfolds herself, springing to the ground. The cigarette is popped into the corner of her mouth. She leans over to ruffle Tian's hair. "And yeah. I don't think she'll fuck anything of yours up." Ambling towards the door now. "She's a good g--" and Revi slides into a jacket. El's brow shoots up. "Figure it's gonna be cold?" Of course it's gonna be cold. It's winter, and the question is rhetorical. She's already spun back, loping towards the bed. She drapes Revi's blanket over her shoulders like a cape. Comfortable with other people's belongings, much? She's still barefoot, but it's a start, scrambling after Revi, who's already halfway down the hall.

She hustles to fall into step with Revi. Her eyes comb over the hallways, casually paranoid, the type of unnatural subconscious reflex this goddamned place brings out in girls. "Can't blame them for being curious, though. I mean, you're straight diesel, Revi. Like Linda Hamilton in Terminator. And most of the girls here - your present company included - they're milquetoasts." Mounting the ladder now. El knows the roof well. She knows a dozen great smoking spots around this place, just a drop in the well of all the Escher-esque corridors, the Klein bottle geometry, and lost generation crannies and nooks scattered all through this campus, like dozens of buildings, one built on the ruins of another, again and again and again. So El knows the roof. She loves the roof. Loves the fact that you can sit right on the front edge of the building, legs dangling over the edge, and no one down below can see you. That's what she's doing now as a matter of fact, her legs locked around the roof's edge like she might plunge herself forward any moment, her body craned forward, watching the girls below with catlike curiosity. She's like a soft, smooth little gargoyle girl. She strikes a match, strokes the flame against the tip of the hand rolled cigarette, puffs greedily, passes it over to Revi. Her smile's sidelong. "You aren't allergic to bud or nothing, right?"

Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:26 am

Revi waves her pinkies at Elise, snickering a bit as she slides her hands in to that coat. Sure, she knew all about the Yakuza mythos - she grew up New York underground, there's a little of everything there. In response to her cold question, and that bit about Tian, she just shrugs - of course it's cold, it's the middle of winter, and she's not really worried about Tian - all of her Good Shit (tm) is locked up as is. She cocks a brow as her blanket is stolen right off her bed, but.. meh. She just chuckles as she turns for the door.

The way she walks.. it's a light, sure step, no wasted motion, fluid. She's like a cat, a predator, a hunter - she's proud that she gives the monsters here a run for their money, or at least one hell of a chase before she's inevitably caught - only so many places to run on this little island of hell.

"Yeah, well. Most of the girls here were brought here for a reason, you know?"

The unspoken, of course... they're easy prey. El knows the scene, Revi can read it in her face. They've both been subjected to some nightmarish experiences here, she's sure of it. They reach the roof, and Revi'll lean herself back against one of the air conditioning units, legs draped over the edge of the roof, just like El's. She accepts the cig and puffs, smiles like a kid getting a christmas present, and shakes her head at the offered question as she's handing the smoke back.

"I'd be six feet under by now if I was. So what's your deal, El?"

Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:47 am

"Nothing big in here, just a little kief sprinkled in the tobacco. makes it bearable." So El dodges around the elephant in the room (on the roof?), her eyes locked carefully on the courtyard below, an excuse to not make eye contact with Revi. She rocks absently back and forth on the rooftop edge, dragging deeply. "Reasons for being here, right. Big tits and a loose pussy, right?" Her voice absolutely drips venom. She french inhales the smoke pouring from her lips. "Me, I was lucky. School didn't want me, but Daddy was able to pull some strings." She hands the cigarette back over, lips pulled into a bitter moue. Her head tilts towards Revi. "I'm just a dead end kid with one last chance at an education."

Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:01 am

She murmurs the words just about as Elise sidesteps the question, but she'll let it go and enjoy some fresh air and some not-so-fresh cigarette for the moment. This place, you took these little slices of sanity when you could get them. She grins, just that, at El's description of the student body - nail on the head, girl. Revi's not overly busty by any means, not spilling out of that black tanktop or anything.

"Ayah, well. I know how that goes."

She doesn't have the daddy complex to lend weight to her story, but the judge from her last case in Manhattan had, in all of his 'good intentions', practically sentenced her here.. she's always wondered if that fucker was in Shokushu's pocket. Looking back, the timing between her verdict and the offer from this place for a free ride on an athletic scholarship was way, way too convenient. She takes the offered smoke again, getting a long drag, carelessly exhaling before passing the cigarete back.

"And what have -you- learned at this world-class educational institution?"

The smirk there is wry, humor dry as dust.

Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:16 am

"What have I learned?" Her voice, wry. "Well, I've learned maybe the US education system gets a worse rap than it deserves. I've been through practically every private school in the Southeast, and I can tell ya.... The worst religious private school looks like Rock 'n Roll High School next to this place." Turning over the cigarette in her fingers. It dances dangerously across her fingers, just a flick away from a suicide fall. "So, lucky my Dad was on the Board of Trustees, right?" Her hand trembles around the cigarette - she tugs the blanket tighter around her, lifting the smoke for a therapeutic drag. There's a silence, brief, punctuated only by the wind, whipping like a banshee at this height. "Guess I've learned you've got to earn freedom." Eyes gleam like a blade. She tilts her head back on Revi. "How about you?"

Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:34 am

Revi looks out over the campus, and at the students milling around - so many hopeless little lives down there, so many sad cases. So many victims, including the two on this roof.

"Tell you what I've learned... 'I hate the teachers and the principal, I don't wanna be taught to be no fool...'" Revi grins faintly, just a hair, echoing the Ramones' classic lyrics. "That.. and that there is absolutely nothing in the world that can prepare you for something like this place, this Lovecraftian nightmare of an island. One of these days the Deep Ones are going to plod up on to the beach, and everything'll make sense, there'll be that one moment of 'oh shit' clarity right before your brain snaps." So sure, maybe she's a little more well-read than she lets on. "That, or this place is just run by a bunch of fuckin' perverts, you pick. Your dad's an asshole, by the way." She adds that last bit, something of a footnote, tilting her head back towards Elise, dark eyes slanting over at her.

Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:02 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next