View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 03, 2024 11:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Alternative to magic *open for all girls* 

Post Alternative to magic *open for all girls*
Evangeline sat in the student lounge, writing down notes in a black leather-bound notebook. Ever since coming here, she noticed a very big change in the air. It didn't have that particular energy as like back on Earth.

She put her hands together and focused her energy. She felt her body stressing to build up a current, which spiraled in a spherical shape in her hands. Static energy built up in her body which transferred to the current in her hands, a very bad effect. She was engulfed in blue smoke, her body tingling from the static backlash.

"Dammit!" she shouted. "What the hell is up with the Magic field here?

Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:21 am
Profile YIM

I was walking by, when I heard someone yell out something from one of the rooms. Curious, I went to the door and knocked and said loud enough to be heard "Hey, everything ok in there?"

Now on Discord, flarecobra#8525

Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:26 pm
Profile WWW

Evangeline got up and opened the door. A young redhead was standing at the doorway.

"Not really." she said. "There's something screwy with the Magic field here... or should I say lack thereof."

Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:07 am
Profile YIM

(Sorry for the wait. Wonky internet connitivity)

"Magic field?" I said, raising an eyebrow. "What are you talking about, if you don't mind me asking." I said, leaning agenst the doorway.

Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:03 pm
Profile WWW

"Well, the Magic Field is a radius of energy that surrounds a planet and allows us Mages to use magic. For some reason, the magic field doesn't exist here, but not from a supression of the energy, but rather, the absence of it entirely.

"I've already begun research on whether or not it's possible to negate the planet's energy in this one localized area, and the results say that it's too inconvenient. In order to sterilize this area from the planet's energy, there would have to be a supression field that could nullify the energy within a 10 mile radius from the center of the island, but that would require energy that can only be provided by a Generation IV Nuclear Reactor, but the best one out there is Generation II. Generation III is still over five years away from being researched and tested, and Generation IV isn't even planned for another 30+ years. Even if they had the technology and the funding for a Generation IV Reactor, there isn't anywhere they could put it on the island without us noticing it or it affecting us or the surrounding habitat in some way."

Evangeline shook her head, and she came out of the trance she was in.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I think I kinda rambled off."

Satsuro, the Darkness

Evangeline, the Alchemist

Lilith, The Harpy

Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:52 pm
Profile YIM

(Sorry I was gone for so long...want to continue?)

Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:23 pm
Profile WWW

Satsuro, the Darkness

Lilith, The Harpy

Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:09 am
Profile YIM

I just gave her the deer-in-the-headlights look that I usually got when I had absolutely no clue what she was talking about. So instead, I just shrugged, and said "And sometimes I wonder why I prefer physical stuff...."

Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:17 pm
Profile WWW

Evangeline figured about the same. It was the same look everyone had when she began to ramble off.

"Long story short," she concluded. "All my research is basically moot at this point. Now I have to find something else to pursue."

Satsuro, the Darkness

Lilith, The Harpy

Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:54 pm
Profile YIM

"Well, anything that can hinder the damn monsters here will do." I said, nodding my head. "Damn assholes...." I said, under my breath. "Anyway, what else do you like? Perhaps that might help your ...um...situation for now."

Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:42 am
Profile WWW

"Well, that's kind of the problem. My main interest was magic and alchemy, but since I can't use magic and resources for alchemy are extremely low, I need to find something new to pursue."

Evangeline walked out of her room and closed the door. It locked automatically.

"Question is, though, what is the big interest around here?"

Satsuro, the Darkness

Lilith, The Harpy

Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:13 pm
Profile YIM

"Well.....How about doing something more physical vice mystial?" I suggested, not really too sure as to what to think.

Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:36 am
Profile WWW

"Is... is that martial arts?" she asked.

Satsuro, the Darkness

Lilith, The Harpy

Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:10 pm
Profile YIM

"Hey, who knows. It might help a bit. After all, sholin monks have done incredable acts of physical ability, due to harnessing an internal power called chi. I'm sure if you read up a bit about it, it might give you some ideas." I said, after taking a moment to think. "And they don't use their techniques for offence. It's primarly defensive. And as a little bonus, how many magic-users would you know that can handle themselves physically?"

Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:22 pm
Profile WWW

"I've read about chi." she said. "It sounds a lot like magic, but I won't know if it's compatible here unless I run some experiments. All right, I guess I'll do martial arts."

Satsuro, the Darkness

Lilith, The Harpy

Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:50 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next