View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 24, 2024 7:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Sandra "Sandy" Channing, the sleepless girl. 

Post Sandra "Sandy" Channing, the sleepless girl.
//Hi, new here and all, so, I hope no one minds if I just throw this out there, see how you take it. Erm, and, hope no one minds if I copy their format.

Name: Sandra "Sandy" Jean Channing

Place of birth: New York, New York, USA

Hair: See above, shoulder length reddish brown, usually tangled and unkempt.

Eye color: Hazel.

Skin: Pale, but not horribly so.

Pubic Hair: None.

Distinguishing Features: Permanent dark circles under her eyes.

Height: 5' 6"

Weight: 118

Bust: 32B

Waist: 22

Hips: 35

Background :
Sandra lived a rather average life, with her upper middle class parents in the Big Apple. She went to school, made friends, was bullied for being small, but got over it. A bit bookish, with decent but not spectacular grades in middle and high school. She was thinking of going to school for a degree in American History, planning on becoming a teacher.
And then, during her senior year, the accident. Sandra was in a car with three friends, heading to a pre-ring dance party, when a drunk driver ran a stop sign, plowing into them. All four girls survived, with various injuries ranging from broken bones to cuts to concussions. In Sandra's case, the worst injury was a severely fractured skull.
She spent the better part of a month in a coma, before finally awakening from a nightmare she can't really remember. The doctors were pleased, having prognosed she would recover. However, she had not emerged completely unscathed.
The severe injury to her head and brain tissue disrupted her body's circadian rhythm. Her internal clock that told her body when to and not to sleep had been broken, setting and resetting at random intervals, preventing her from ever getting a full nights sleep, sometimes preventing her from sleeping for days at a time, others causing fits of narcolepsy. (A condition known as hypernychthemeral syndrome.)
Her condition was rare, and despite the best efforts of doctors, incurable. Sandy took to forcing herself to stay awake, to maintain a semblance of a normal life, immersing herself in books, music, movies, anything to distract her, keep her conscious. She quickly became addicted to caffeine in any form, particularly coffee.
Left to her own devices by her parents, she took to fiddling around with bits of machinery, building simple gadgets and gizmos of limited utility, save to amuse herself, and facilitate her war against sleep.(See automatic coffee dispenser in above pic)
During a trip to the sleep clinic to run another of the endless series of tests, it was suggested to her family that there may be a solution at a remote all girls school, with an excellent medical program. Not knowing the actual nature of the school, and desperate to try anything for a cure, Sandy jumped at the offer, and so she finds herself at Shokushu.

Personality: Fluctuates between bouts of extreme exhaustion and manic energy, usually just after a massive caffeine fix. Nearly always seems a bit out of it, due to the lingering effects of near constant sleep deprivation. Friendly, if terribly absent minded, she is constantly ashamed to find she's forgotten someone's name, or doesn't recognize their voice or face for a long moment.

Occasionally sinks into deep depressions, despairing of ever finding a way to fix her broken body. In these states, she almost completely shuts down, staring off into her own private world, not entirely a pleasant one.

Due to the lack of sleep, she occasionally hallucinates, but has come to accept this as just another part of her burden. She tends to ignore things that have no logical place in things, giving her a major blind spot.

Physique: Small and weak. She would probably be obese, if she had an appetite. Constant tiredness makes it difficult for her to exert a lot of physical effort, tho her neck and back muscles are rather well defined, from the strain she puts on them to force her body to stay upright.

Virgin: Yes. She had thought about trying out sexual things, but her accident and subsequent condition made any sort of normal relationship impossible.

Piercings or tattoos?: One hole in each earlobe, nothing else. No tattoos.

Anything you value?: Her supply of coffee and other caffeinated things. She would probably go insane without them.
Also loves books of any kind, no matter the subject.

Languages: English.

Likes: Coffee, reading, movies, loud energetic music, star gazing.

Misc.: Is rather fond of tinkering with things. Usually ends up with Rube Goldberg-esque contraptions, a lot of bells and whistles for very little actual effect. Loathes the feeling of body hair, keeping her legs, arms and pubic region smooth and clean obsessively.

Magic?: "Wait....magic is real?!"

Weaknesses: Is uncomfortable with bright lights. Is almost paralytically terrified of complete darkness. Sleeps with a light on at all times, when she can control when and where she sleeps. Also afraid of canines of any sort, dogs, wolves, etc. Much prefers cats.

Theme: The Dream

Star Gazing

Last edited by SChanning on Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:26 am

wonderfully unique character, welcome to the campus, don't hesitate to ask for RP if you want some and I'm sure we'll have fun with you... I mean... uhmmm... you'll have fun here

Quaetea "Welcome to the island dear, we'll have fun together you & I!"

Darwin: "She's afraid of Canines... you have a wolfs tail can shift into a fox dragon thing and a little two tailed fox... doesn't sound like her idea of fun..."

Tatiana Azevedo:

Raven

Darwin And Tatiana are Available for play, PM if you're interested

Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:32 am

Oh, so that's how it works? You ask someone to start something?

Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:47 am

Oh you can or you can just wait for something open and join in or make something open yourself or post in the looking for a partner area; up to you really

Current character feelings
Raven is: Studious

Darwin is: Lamenting

Quaetea is: yawning

Arith Kua is: recomissioned

((accepting RPs on all but, Arith at the moment))

Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:51 am

Any suggestions for a good place to start for a new student? I don't want to jump right into the thick of things without getting my bearings first, if that makes any sense.

Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:56 am

oh it makes plenty sense, sometimes new students start with a thread in the common room away from the monsters or with a monster inclined to play around a good amount first or one of the kinder inhuman island visitors

Current character feelings
Raven is: Studious

Darwin is: Lamenting

Quaetea is: yawning

Arith Kua is: recomissioned

((accepting RPs on all but, Arith at the moment))

Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:00 am

Just ask someone if they'd like to start a scene, and most Monsters (or students) will be happy to start things rolling. Ask in the "Search for a Partner" forum, or alternatively, just PM people- I imagine anyone replying to this introduction thread will have at least some interest in your character.

It's a good character, too. Very original concept, and that's not an easy thing to do.

Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:01 am

Thank you both for the compliment. I just found that syndrome in one of my textbooks, and thought it'd be a neat thing to build a person around.
And, I think I'll just start with an open thread in the Common Room. It looks like that's where new arrivals go first.

Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:36 am

Looks like Madison isn't the only insomnic around anymore, as well as having been in a major car crash.

Now on Discord, flarecobra#8525

Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:32 am
Profile WWW

Great. Maybe they can be severe head trauma buddies?

Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:40 am

Oh. Well her gadgets aren't high tech. Mostly just metal pieces of put together to make levers and slides and such. Gears stolen from junked cars and other machinery for moving bits. Nothing actually effective so much as convenient while being ridiculously time wasting. I.E., a Rube Goldberg.

Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:58 am

Well, Madison's injuries were more the "Torn-up-body" type, as she's got a number of scars on her body, most notable one is on the left side of her face. It's a 4-inch scar on her left cheek.

Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:59 am
Profile WWW

Sofia covers her mouth and gasps softly. "My how dreadful!" Sofia says, "But sleep is one of the greatest joys I could imagine! Though it's good to know you won't be like most of us, sleeping a quarter of our lives away."

Silence falls around and Sofia coughs dryly, "Right, um... Welcome! It's fun to see unique and fun people arrive here. Welcome again!"

Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:08 am

Sandra doesn't really have any scars from the crash. The injury was a compression fracture from the door frame pretty much wrapping around her head when the drunk hit them. But if she ever meets Madison, she will notice the scars and react accordingly. Thanks.

Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:08 am

I could have sworn...never mind.

The proxy I use to get on here is stupid sometimes and doesn't update like it should.

Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:10 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next