View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 24, 2024 7:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Revelations in the library (Darwin and Akkiguujin) 

Darwin looked at the bear as the door slammed shut sealing them into the stone room she'd scowl slightly a finger tapping her chin when it offered a choice of challenge. Then a smile would cross her expression, a bit of an odd smile given the situation. She'd carefully pat Sandy on the head with a smile, a very confident smile and with this smile she'd turn to the demonic toy.

"Lets use a bit of a recent classic then, A violin contest I'm sure you can gather the instruments in a matter of moments, the library is right next to the music supply closest..."

She lean to whisper to Sandy obviously confident in this choice.

"I've never been beaten in a violin showdown we're as good as out of here."

with this she'd wait for the bears response hoping it would honor it's choice and bring such a contest to this dismal room.

Tatiana Azevedo:

Raven

Darwin And Tatiana are Available for play, PM if you're interested

Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:15 am

Location: On the shelf, in the corner, forlorn and abandoned. Why not pick me up?
"Hmm....violins? I accept the contest type as music, however, I do not know how to play the violin. I will honor my agreement, I will simply be playing the lyre instead. They are both stringed instruments, so there should be no objection from you, yes? If there is, we can simply dispense with the challenge all together."

*The chains dangling from the ceiling rattled more energetically, making it clear that something, or somethings, were up there. The toy seemed completely unphased by her choice of "weapons", the little fanged mouth still stretched in a smile, leering at Sandy the entire time.*

"How perfect. A gallant "knight", and a vicious beast, engaged in combat over the fate of a pale, winsome princess. Or should I say Sleeping Beauty?"

*The knowing tone in the voice was chilling, as if it knew everything about them already. Which, given the innuendos it was dropping, it very well might.*

The Doll House

Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:02 am
Profile YIM

The terms an euphemisms used by this creature fell on ears that wouldn't notice them well though his changes to the challenge might hinder her she wouldn't back down. She had to win for Sandra no matter what. She'd nod simply and stretch her arms as best she could rolling her wrists to perpare them for work with a bow.

"Given the options I'll have to accept now won't I? How about judges then? anyone me you or sandra would choose would be biased against one party or the other wouldn't they?"

Darwin grew worried that this creature had no intention of offering this as a fair game, if he didn't she might as well have chosen a game of chance instead of this.

Tatiana Azevedo:

Raven

Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:14 am

:Oh God, please, please, please let Darwin win! Sandy shivered and silently prayed for her friend to beat the evil little toy. She could feel the beast's gaze upon her, and she sidled back until her shoulders hit the wall, turning her face into her shoulder so she wouldn't have to look at the doll:

Darwin...please win...I'm...I'm scared....I don't want to go through this again...

:she slid down the wall, hugging her knees to her chest, tears starting to roll down her cheeks as she imagined her fate if the boy lost the musical challenge:

Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:56 am

Location: On the shelf, in the corner, forlorn and abandoned. Why not pick me up?
*The teddy bear raised one paw, tapping at his chin in apparent thought, the expression strange given the horrid maw of fangs above the paw. It finally made a shrugging gesture, pointing the same claw at the girl huddled against the wall.*

"As it appears we are fighting over yon terrified little raccoon, why not let her be the judge? It seems only fitting, given her position. After all, who better to determine her fate?"

*The toy made a gesture toward the ceiling, a clatter of wood moving on metal drifting down to them. After a few moments, a marionette slowly descended on glittering strings, bearing a well made violin and bow, depositing them gently at Darwin's feet. A similar puppet dropped to the ground before the bear, bending down on its hands and knees, using its own back as a platform for an exquisitely crafted lyre. The grinning doll reached out with his paw, strumming the strings, revealing that the instrument was already perfectly tuned, as if kept ready for just such a challenge.*

"I will give you the honor of going first, my dear "boy". Play as if your life depends on it, for it very well may. Oh, and may the best man win."

*The bears smile turned into a knowing smirk, the paws ripping and tearing to reveal lengthening claws. They stretched and flexed, the bear waiting for Darwin to ready and play the violin, still watching Sandy with a predatory glint in his button eye.*

The Doll House

Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:21 am
Profile YIM

"Alright she'll judge if you want her too and she'll be honest I hope. Just give me a moment to check the tuning."

She'd run the bow across the strings once or twice tightening or loosening before she'd begin to play, she decided to something simple yet beautiful, a violin version of beethoan's fifth symphony not wishing to go too complex nor too fast in case she'd break a string. she did beautifully a near perfect rendition before finally coming to a rest slowly she'd relax her grip on the bow and the neck smiling to the demonic teddy bear.

"Alright so your turn then whatever you are."

His pervious remark and the knowing smirk was caught by Darwin and it bothered her greatly, obviously this creature planned something no matter who won this contest otherwise he wouldn't have let a girl whom would obviously choose her benefit no matter the outcome to judge.

Tatiana Azevedo:

Raven

Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:43 am

:Sandy looked up, staring at the moving toy blankly. It wanted her to judge? It couldn't possibly think she'd let it win, even if it did play better...:

Alright...I'll...I'll judge then.

:she buried her face in her knees again, only raising her head slightly when Darwin began to play. Wow, he's good. Maybe I won't have to lie after all. She broke into a genuine smile, almost forgetting their predicament while she listened to the violin. When the song stopped, reality came crashing back. Sandy swallowed a lump in her throat, turning to gaze fearfully at the little bear, waiting for it to do...whatever it was going to do:

Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:36 pm

*The little toy rocked in time with her playing, seeming to honestly enjoy the music. When she finished, he clapped his paws together, claws making a sharp clacking noise.*

"Simply exquisite. A marvelous performance, especially given the pressure you are under. Now, I believe it is time for my meager offering of song."

*The bear flexed its claws, approaching the lyre slowly. It cradled the isntrument like a much loved child, a bit of the menace draining from the toy as it focused. Then, the tiny claws began to flow, dancing across the strings sinuously. The bear seemed to be quietly singing along with the song it played, sounding like Ancient Greek, if either of the two could tell the difference. The tune was heartbreakingly sad, the notes almost enough to draw tears by weight of emotion alone. By the time the toy was finished, the room seemed almost unnaturally silent, even the chains sitting motionless in the air.*

"Ahhh....it has been....far too long since I last played the dirge for my last priestess, my oracle. Ah well, the past is gone, there is only the present, yes?"

The Doll House

Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:17 am
Profile YIM

:Sandy stared at the bear in shock. That was beautiful. Just, so sad. Maybe it isn't going to do anything to us after all. Nothing that can play like that can be completely evil, right?:

Uhm...wow....that was really good, mister bear. But, I...l-liked Darwin's playing better.

:she hoped the bear couldn't hear the lie in her voice, the sudden tremble in her tone. Please, let us go. Please. She silently prayed, hoping she was right about the bear:

Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:57 pm

Darwin held the violin carefully by her side with a bit of a sigh quite glad though a bit concerned about the odd tone to her voice though she wouldn't show it. instead she'd just place the violin against the nearest wall with a subtle breath wondering if the thing would keep it's word though for some reason she doubted it would.

She'd return to her previous place and stand hands behind her back waiting for the creature to release them though the violin in the distance hummed slightly without being touched the bow playing across the strings of it's own or rather the bit of arcane air that constantly surrounded the drag king's will what she called 'the Fairy folk'. She did her best to ignore that it was playing a rather... dark tune.

Tatiana Azevedo:

Raven

Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:50 am

*The bear regarded the pale girl for a long moment, unmoving save for his claws still strumming the strings of the lyre. Finally, after what seemed an eternity, the toy shrugged, gesturing sharply, the marionette flipping over, grabbing the lyre and rising into the gloom of the ceiling.*

"Very well. You may both go."

*Another gesture, this one dismissive, and a second door opened behind the bear, leading into a window lined hallway, ending in an unblocked EXIT door. The bear stepped aside and gestured at the ceiling, disappointed growls drifting down from the gloom, the chains shaking as unseen figures moved away.*

"You will find no spiders guarding this hall. I use this exit myself, so I tend to keep it tidy. On your way now, before I change my mind."

The Doll House

Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:34 pm
Profile YIM

:Sandy didn't need to be told twice, with an absent half curtsy to the bear, she darted toward the hallway, snagging Darwin's hand and dragging him behind her, almost panting with her need to get out of that room:

Come on Darwin!

:she almost ran down the windowed hallway, eyes darting furtively around, looking for any surprises the teddy bear might have in store:

Fri May 02, 2008 2:41 am

Darwin couldn't believe this thing would just let them go but, she was also one to believe that one should never look a gift horse in the mouth thus she followed Sandy yet that violin continued to play in the background as it foreshadowing events to come. Darwin ignored it as she followed her friend hand held rather tightly.

"Right..."
as it really that easy...

still she couldn't believe this was over and she was going to escape with her friend both keeping their dignity. Something just didn't feel right.

Tatiana Azevedo:

Raven

Fri May 02, 2008 4:33 am
Reply to topic   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3