View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 9:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Up on the Rooftop, *click* *click* *click* (for Revi) 

"Somehow I doubt any 'help' you're offering is out of the goodness of your heart." She's still wearing that savage grin - the girl looked like she'd be more at home on a pirate ship in the Phillipines, slitting throats and looting merchants, than at some all-girls academy in the middle of nowhere. But, c'est la vie. Her breathing is even, forced so out of habit, steps light, on the balls of her feet. She looks as if she's making ready to strike, wind howling in her ears.

"But you're still just running your mouth, yeah? Get to the point."

Fingers flex, eyes flicking around the rooftop for something she might be able to improvise for a weapon.

Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:34 am

He watches her with a faint grin. "Ok, ok. I'll talk less, act more." She caught sight of something beside the stairs leading down, a broom laying out beside the thing. He was between her and it, but she was likely able to circle around him as she was before.

He walked towards her again slowly, a white tentacle slipping out of his sleeve and dancing sinuously in the air between them. "I think you are interesting. In exchange for information... questions I'm going to ask about things you've seen here, and others beside, I'll give you a bit of help. I'll at least give you tangible things... stuff you can't get here. As long as it's nothing too elaborate, I'll even take requests..."

He smirks as he watches her still. "...But you obviously expect me to go for you. I assure you, I will." The tentacles lash out at her, but don't quite reach! A feint. "That way you don't have to be wary. I'll accept that as... additional payment. But you aren't just some air-headed busty college girl... so it's your mind I'm most interested in. Questions answered for something of use. Not a bad deal if you can avoid getting grabbed... I wouldn't expect firearms though. The school'd catch that right away anyway."

He reaches into his pocket, pulling out a folded piece of paper. " I'll even be generous... I was just going to leave you with aching muscles. But if you are careful, this can be of some use..." His stance was lazy, but his tentacles were slowly advancing from his other hand... but he didn't seem to be paying too close attention to her. Unless that was just deception... quite possible. Then was the paper too? Or genuine? He could be just trying to lure her in.

Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:32 am
Profile YIM

She figures she's being lured in. She also knows there's absolutely nowhere she can go at this point, no fast escape route she can take that isn't blocked or locked. Revi circles to the broom, jerks back instinctively as those tentacles lash for her, and snatches up the tool, bracing the head against the gravel rooftop and snapping it off with a sharp kick - it's an improvised staff, spun with the shattered end forward, a token gesture against the white tendrils at this point, but it's something. She takes his words in silence, brain churning, dark eyes narrowed to slits, grin faded down to a grim, hard line.

"Ask away." What did she have to lose, at this point? "Crumple the paper over and toss it to me. I'm always careful." She grins at that, just for a moment.

She saw how fast those tendrils moved, she'd be hard-pressed to mount an effective defense if he does strike, but she won't walk blindly in to his trap, not yet. She holds the broken broom handle in hand now, like a sword or bat, and holds her other hand out to catch the paper he's offering her.

Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:36 am

Post honesty and deceptivity
"If I wasn't honest, I couldn't trust your own replies. That'd set me back in the long run, yes?" He reasons... he watches her grab the broom, actually blinking as she snaps off the end and levels the wooden shaft at him like a spear. He pulls back his tentacles and watches her, his own expression faded as he observes her grim readiness coolly. Crumpling the paper with one hand, he tossed it lightly... it lands about halfway between them.

Smirking, he snaked out a tentacle, lightly flicking it in her direction a little more. He didn't wait though; as soon as it flicked forwards she heard a slithering noise and saw movement coming from from the edge of the roof behind her! None of the tentacles he had looked to be circling around, but two more snaked up and towards her from behind, sweeping wide to try and catch her between them!

Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:32 am
Profile YIM

"Yeah, I'm sure you'd be crying yourself to sleep at night..." That feral grin flickers across her lips for a brief instant, but it's there and gone when the paper lands halfway between the two of them. Curiosity itches at the base of her skull, fighting with her sense of self-preservation. She chuckles a bit as the paper is flicked her way - you know she's been here too long when she can laugh at something like that. She takes a step forward and crouches down to pick up the paper, snatching it up and starting to uncrumple it, when that distinctive noise comes from behind...

"Tsh."

She snaps that broken broomhandle behind her and spins, trying to intercept one of the two tentacles with the improvised weapon.. but there are two. Kind of problematic here, isn't it? She'll ward them off as best she can - she's fast and strong, with insane reflexes, obviously well-trained, but in the end she's still just a human.

Thu May 01, 2008 7:18 pm

Post catching a rabbit... with big teeth!
He snickers at her words, just watching with a lopsided smile. As the two tentacles strike, she's able to ward them off, sweeping the improvised staff across and making them scatter; they don't commit to grabbing her, shying away from actual impact instead of either risking a hit.

The tentacle that flicked the paper towards her though launches forwards at this point, looping around her ankles with impressive speed and latching onto them! She's hoisted rather ungracefully into the air, upside down like she got both feet in a snare.

"Oops... watch your step." He chuckles at his own (truly sad) joke, putting his hands in his pockets as the tentacles around her ankles hold her high in the air and let her dangle a little. The two that attacked from behind pull themselves up... they aren't attached to anything? They slide up, curling around his legs, and then slipping up under his shirt and out of sight.

"Damn good, actually... next time you'll probably have a fair chance of getting away. You'll have time to control the battlefield." He grins, crossing his arms at her and narrowing his eyes to see what she's going to do to try and escape...

Fri May 02, 2008 5:45 am
Profile YIM

She actually sees that forward strike coming, recovering off a backswing, and makes to hop over the snatching tendril... but it's too late, it can just readjust and snag her ankles, yanking her in to the air, upsie-down! She swears in sharp Chinese... but she's still got that broom handle in her hands, and after she recovers for a brief second from being jerked so high in to the air, she swivels the stick to where the broken end is held pointing ... down, up? Towards the tentacle, either way. She stabs for it, hard - this assumes, of course, she's not dangling over empty air, in which case.. yeah, that's bad.

"Yeah, not much to work with up here, huh?" She's not going to do herself or him a disservice by begging for him to let her go - it falls on deaf ears, always, and she's not pathetic enough to beg.

Fri May 02, 2008 5:52 am

Between the two herding tentacle from behind and the one in front, she's grabbed. But it wasn't a sure snare, and her jab with the staff makes the tentacle twitch and pop free, sending her plummeting! She falls a good distance, but would be able to roll with her impact to the roof.

Icosagon made a sound between a snort and a snicker (a snerk, if you will), and the two tentacles that returned sweep out to the sides, coming in low from the left and right even as she'd try to recover... "Well, there's a lesson to be learned in losing..." He said, his eyes focused on hers.

Fri May 02, 2008 6:00 am
Profile YIM

"Yeah, don't bring a broom to a tentacle fight."

She grimaces as she tucks and rolls with the fall, coming up in a three-point stance just in time to see those tentacles slither out from the sides - again, she'll try to defend as best she can, slightly bruised now from the jarring landing - but she's had worse, has the scars and calluses to prove it. The broom handle swings, not desperately but sure enough, to try to ward off her attackers - it's a war of attrition and she knows it, so she tries something unexpected. If (big if, of course) she gets by those two, she'll charge Iso, yelling like a she-devil, broken point of the broom handle held forwards like a spear.

Fri May 02, 2008 6:06 am

He chuckles at her words. "I'll have to give you one for next time... think you'd do better?" He doesn't explain those strange words, watching her smack tentacles aside with the broom handle again. His attacks were light, weak... he wasn't committing or following through, which left her just enough room to counter.

He starts at the yell and grins broadly, impressed as she slams into him. The blow causes pale red blood to spurt from the wound as it drives in slowly, making him gasp. The two tentacles try and wrap around from behind, but there's enough of a gap just in front of him that coming in is awkward. His hand reaches out, grabbing her wrist... and fastens tight to it as suckers form on his palm...

Fri May 02, 2008 6:21 am
Profile YIM

She grins that feral, devil's grin and presses her advantage, driving a knee inwards as she tries to just impale him on that battered broom handle, now ruddy with that pale crimson stain. She stabs forwards with everything she's got, wrist grabbed and suckered on to, so she shifts weight to her free hand and shoves it towards his center, wanting to feel that sweet give as it punctures through his back. If the ones from behind grab her, there's not much she can do to defend aside from just keep him off-balance, or if she's lucky, straight-up kill him. Her voice is a harsh whisper, ragged and full of hate. "Not gonna be a next time..."

Fri May 02, 2008 6:27 am

He grunts and stumbles backwards, weighing less than her by a surprising amount and grunting as it slid in. It pushed through him rather easily after the first several inches, sliding in and driving through the back of his shirt.

Grunting, his lung 'pierced', he grins a ghastly smile to her as his head comes forwards, chin resting on her shoulder. He whispers lowly, a grin on his face. "A riddle:... do you know why... I like... to appear like this?" She doesn't get time to answer; his body seems to unfold and come apart as she drives forwards, sending her toppling forwards.

Bands of tentacle catch and wrap around her loosely as his entire body 'unravels', the spear pinning one tentacle to the ground while the others slip and slide around it, leaving her suddenly wearing a bunch of streamers. Streamers that wrapped around her arms, her legs, her shoulders and stomach. The six or so tentacles suddenly pinned her arms together, clapped her ankles tight to one another, and shoved her aside the spear and letting her forward motion take her down to hit the roof with her (good, thankfully) shoulder.

Fri May 02, 2008 6:34 am
Profile YIM

She should've seen something like this coming. Never once has the 'human' form been the normal one, but she had to go with what she saw when dealing with an unknown monster, didn't she? Her weight being thrown forward unbalances her as Iso unravels, and she's wrapped up around her extremities and taut stomach with the quick white tendrils, struggling against them for a brief moment before she hits the ground hard. The spear skitters across the roof and falls off, falling a long way before clattering to the pavement below.

"...False... gah!" She'll try to work her way free - she's a fighter, she has to at least do that. "sense of security..." She's strong, but it's likely he's stronger - and she's pinned, it's hard to get leverage. But she still talks. "Weak points that aren't there... damnit."

Fri May 02, 2008 6:55 am

It certainly was her best chance. If the human form had been merely some untransformed state, she might've impaled him right through. But now she was in a tangle of tentacles that separated and came back together around her.

For a few long moments there wasn't an answer, her body tightly bound by the powerful tentacles, her struggling helping to kick away some of the looser ones, but the ones around her limbs were like iron bands.

The tentacles she scattered begin to collect, spiraling upwards as they build up. It collapses at first into a cylinder, but then the spiral 'bounces' again, sending loops up into the air, and as they fall back down the familiar human for returns...

Icosagon's not wounded anymore; rather, the wounded tentacle is curled up into a ring on the roof, unmoving and even redder blood flowing from it now. It seems to be hurt, but rapidly closing up the wound and staying a good distance away. The 'clothes' the human 'figure' wore were still stained in it's blood, and he wiped at it idly.

"Mm? Good... well, about 25% of it. Good move though. You ARE a handful..." He walked up to her, his arm unraveling into a tentacle and lashing out to snare her by her waist, hoisting her to her feet... but still holding her.

"So... why don't you tell me how you ended up in this hellhole, eh?" He says with a smirk...

Fri May 02, 2008 7:14 am
Profile YIM

Those dark eyes are sharp, watching him 'recollect' in to the boy's form, arms locked to her sides, ankles hobbled on the ground. She did get a grim sense of satisfaction in actually hurting the bastard though. Most of the time she didn't even get that far. She erks as she's hoisted up, tentacle wrapping around her slim waist, feeling the strength of her abdominal muscles behind as she's jerked back to her feet, still bound, dark hair falling over one of those eyes, full of hate and rage, still tensing against her much-too-strong bindings.

"Sentenced here. Judge must've thought it was funny as hell."

There was more to it than that, but it's the Cliff Notes version, as it were.

"An' I do what I can. No sense in not trying..."
If someone told her she'd be having this conversation a year ago, she would've told them they were insane. Such is life...

Fri May 02, 2008 7:21 am
Reply to topic   [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next