View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 3:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Mikoyan: Mage's little secret (updated) 

Post Mikoyan: Mage's little secret (updated)
Name: Mikoyan “Miko” Gurevich
Place of Birth: Japan
Nationality: Russian
Hair Color: Bright Pink
Eye Color: Turquoise
Skin Tone: Pink-ish
Pubic Hair: A small bush of pink hair ;o
Distinguishing features: Violet markings on her cheeks and forehead
Height: 4’ 9”
Weight: 110 lbs
Bust: 32A
Waist: 30”
Hips: 34”

Background:
Much of Mikoyan's past is very unclear, and truth be told, everything about her past is an illusion, a farce, a made-up life given form by the being known as Mage. In reality, this curious little sprite with pink hair is in fact the being in question. Mage herself is a being trapped between two realities; her corporeal form existing in this plane, while her spiritual form and the majority of her power lie in another, connected by a very thin "thread" which allows her to channel a small part of her magic through to this plane.

But there are times when the barriers between these planes begin to flux, which stretches the "thread" further, putting more strain on her magics. In order to preserve what little energy she has to hold her physical self in this plane, her very shape is forced to contort into a smaller, more juvenile form, and her power is proportionally affected. The first few times this happened, she was rather frustrated with it, but had gotten used to this phenomenon as time went by.

At first, she had no name, being only a lone orphan wandering around medieval streets. Soon, people we're beginning to ask what her name was, and she gave a variety of answers, but after a time, she adopted the name "Mikoyan".

When magic isn't available, Mikoyan employs her childlike charms to get something she wants, which sometimes works, since as she found out that in this state, she is prone to human needs, such as hunger, thirst, cold, and tiredness. For this, her counterpart Mage crafted a special amulet, which gave herself as Mikoyan, the ability to call up a few things from it, such as her clothes and maybe a blanket, but not things like food or water, as it would be too complex for her in that state.

Then came the time she discovered Shokushu Campus, and all the untapped mana wells contained within. As Mage, she would have no problem prowling the island, but as her juvenile self, this would pose a problem, so for this, she came up with a brilliant but cliche solution.

She faked her papers.

With a little conjuration and some mental alteration, she now she lives on the island as "Mikoyan Gurevich", Russian born daughter of Japanese immigrants who sought to give their "child" a good education and a bright future. The only problem she has with living on the island as Mikoyan is the fact that she becomes vulnerable to monster attack while in her altered form, one of those unavoidable things she has to take in stride, after all, even monsters have mana that she can use, but as much as possible, she would rather avoid such encounters.

Personality:
Cheery, somewhat air-headed, and ever curious about the goings-on around her. As a student, she is fairly diligent, average marks, often making it a point to never stand out. If ever insulted, however, her cheeriness melts away to reveal a cold and cruel side, with a tongue as sharp as a well-honed razor.

When the topic about her past comes up, she often tries to avoid or change the subject, for fear that people might notice inconsistencies in her "memories". On the topic of food, however, Miko will jump at the chance for a free meal, since in this form, she can truly revel in the joys of eating, especially frozen delights, she cant seem to get enough of those, and one will often see her eating ice cream in the cafeteria, and suffering from an innumerable number of brain freezes as well. One thing that is rather peculiar about her is the fact that she becomes uneasy in very tight spaces, and even more so when there is little or no light in those spaces.

When not in class or trying to eat her own body weight in sorbets, Miko is often seen wandering the campus grounds, secretly scouting for potential mana wells for when the planes align once more and she returns to her original form, Mage. In the event that "something" should take interest in her, Miko will more often try to run or hide from the threat, and when that is not an option, she will defend herself to the best of her abilities. Also, she will always keep the fact that she is the alter-ego of a monster a secret all to herself, and will fiercely guard that secret.

Virgin: Hardly.

Language: English

Activities:
All sorts of sports, she doesn’t excel in any, but she can still give most people a run for their money.

Miscellaneous:
She has acute claustrophobia. She retains the ability to draw mana even in this state.

Magic:
Telekinesis on a small scale, ability to make a small light source on her palm, nothing too complex, as she doesn’t have the power to cast them.

Last edited by Miko on Sat May 24, 2008 5:24 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:59 pm

Very interesting character...well, characters. It's kind of a gray area, but I think it should be okay as long as your student character really is vulnerable to being raped by monsters. ;)

In any case, welcome! :D

Dendrite, irresistibly helpful tentacled alien! Message me to move your completed threads.

"You've got to be able to fuck when they can't."
--Jason Carter

As seen on Something Awful!

Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:14 pm

very vulnerable indeed, now im just waiting for someone to take advantage of said vulnerabilty :P

Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:28 am

Welcome to campus! Hope to "catch" you on the beach sometime!

Cukoo's Profile

Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:30 am

Natsuki Saika might be able to take advantage of said vulnerability. She is female so you get more mana ;)

dunno how I feel about the mosnter form though. Sounds okay to me, but an admin might feel odd about it. Still, it's a clever idea.

Send a PM anytime you feel like an RP with Natsuki. She's not shy!

Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:31 am
Profile YIM

well I must play the monster separate from the student, that much was made clear to me, so as long as either doesnt cross over to any others RP, im guessing it would be fine.

oh no! Miko is attracting attention! *runs for her mana*

Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:39 am

Time for a stretch..If you need anything, You know where to find me. 8)

*cough* PM *cough*

You're dedicated to how I'm killing you.

A member of the Archanius Alliance, Lieutenant.
The Archanius Alliance
Terror of the Deep

Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:39 am
Profile YIM

So I dont know wether to run away from you or to help you......

anyway, welcome to the boards, both of you ^^

Take your pick:
Monster / Bunny Alien

Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:11 am
Profile YIM

Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:34 am
Profile YIM

Intreasting... Keemari would be intreasted in examining your properties and the mana you posses and so would the alliance. Decisions, decisions.

Master Druid of the Berry Lin

My Bio- viewtopic.php?f=7&t=144

If you fancy an RP with my character do not hestitate ask. I'm always free.

Alliance Info- viewtopic.php?f=7&t=155

Alliance Membership List- viewtopic.php?f=5&t=576

Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:48 pm

Welcome to the Campus I hope to see you on the boards!
Maybe we can RP sometime?
:)

Maybe we Kumo Thuy the monster is more to your tastes...HeHeHe
:twisted:

Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:47 am
Profile YIM

well I must play the monster separate from the student, that much was made clear to me, so as long as either doesnt cross over to any others RP, im guessing it would be fine.

Exactly and as long as this is understood I think your character will do fine. It is still a gray area indeed, and as long as you're not fighting the monsters on a level of equality then everything should be right as rain. Good luck.

Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:55 am

Miko wrote:

Exactly and as long as this is understood I think your character will do fine. It is still a gray area indeed, and as long as you're not fighting the monsters on a level of equality then everything should be right as rain. Good luck.

I can personally vouch for her vulnerability. Her powers actually make her more vulnerable in a way... She's just capable enough in her compressed form to get in over her head without knowing she's in over her head until it's too late. It's kinda cute, really.

My profile

Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:38 pm

that some how made me chuckle abit.

Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:48 pm
Profile YIM

Post Re: Mikoyan: Big things come in small packages
and a bump for good luck

Wed May 21, 2008 5:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next