View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 9:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Try Out, Singles. (For Lilian) 

Post Try Out, Singles. (For Lilian)
The Swim Team and Cheerleading Squads for the school was pretty small. Dawn gottened used to it but from time to time she met students whom liked to join and she really didn't say no. Since her return, she took her responsibility as the leader of the SHS Cheerleading Squad, and the Co-Leader for the Swim Team respectively. Met the students in both of the squads, most of them Dawn didn't know, but she knew one or two on both teams that she remembers before she disappeared. They seem glad to see her as well which is a good thing.

Dawn has figured to put up posters for both squads, saying both teams needed some more people to fill up gaps. the posters said the same for both Teams, since she was in charge she didn't feel like having to put up seperate posters.

"For Everyone!
Shokushu High's Cheerleading Squad AND Swim Team needs new members! Come to the Gym and find the leader of both squads, Ms. Portman for sign-ups and testing." The poster had her picture on it, with the recent pink highlights in the fronts parts of her hair to be sure people don't mistaken her to be someone else.

Dawn has always spent her after class teaching both the teams, splitting the time so she doesn't have to be in two places at once. First was the Cheerleading Squad, then Swim Team after. Dawn was spending her time in the afternoon working out in the Gym when practices were done, so anyone looking for her knew where she was.

Dawn Portman's Bio: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2908&p=48448#p48448
Dawn Portman's Personal Diary (Reading): viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3148

Student Of The Month, May 2004
SHS Cheerleading Squad Captain
SHS Swim Team Captain

Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:49 am

Post Re: Try Out, Singles. (For Lilian)
I was walking down the hall when I found the letter posted about cheer leading & swim team. I hummed little looking it over thinking too myself silently. Hadn't even found my dorm yet but, hell fi I cared. I loved to swim so much and was damned good at if I do say so myself. Cheer leading... Maybe I was kind of flexible. I memorized the picture as best I could.

I had stashed my bags somewhere I was sure they'd be safe and headed to the gym looking for the girl in the picture. I was wearing knit shorts that reached my knees and a tight top; not too tight; it showed off the odd covering i had for my chest; bandages, I didn't own any bras nor did i need them this worked twice as good I thought.

"hey there!? Doing any of those tryouts today?"

Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:02 am

Dawn looked up to someone new and smiled. She was wearing her usual off class things, Dawn has taken a shower already after the practices were done. She was wearing a white half cut tube top, showing her breasts nicely, while wearing a pair of long blue jeans that extended to her foot.

"Oh hi, yes we are, anytime I'm here anyway. Which team are you interested in?"

SHS Swim Team Captain

Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:08 am

"First choice is swim team but; Cheer leading has kinda peeked my interest a bit."

I told her as I examined her style for a moment mostly the pint highlights to her hair. it was quite a nice look; I'd have to try a few myself some time.
I'd left out a good number of my piercings today letting them soak in a cleaning solution over the day so they'd be ready for the rest of the month.

Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:13 am

"Oh not a problem at all. We can start off with tests for the Swim Team then if you don't mind. You have any swimming gear? I can always give you the ones I give to the Swim Team members, unless you do have something to wear."

Dawn never got any piercings herself other then her ears of course. However that has gotten her into trouble before so she tends to avoid them. Dawn got up and grabbed a whistle resting next to her, with a rather big notebook.

"You can think about the Cheerleading Team try-outs when you have time. I won't push you into that, when you are ready please let me know. The locker rooms are on my right hand side in the back. You can go there to change, and met me by the pool area on the left handside inside the Gym."

SHS Swim Team Captain

Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:20 am

"Alright thought I'd need something."

I told her as I walked into the locker room quickly changing clothes before stepping out again ins a white halter one piece
The banadages that held my chest steady barely viable from the outside. I moved towards the area she'd mentioned before.

"My name's Lilian Love Valentine so you know... I'll try to decide by the time I'm done trying out with the swim team if i should try for the cheer leading squad too."

I was trying my best to not be rude not that good at it half the time maybe I was getting lucky about it for now.

Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:29 am

Dawn was already waiting by the pool area when the girl arrived in her halter one piece swimming suit. I smiled and said,

"Very nice to met you Lilian, my name is Dawn Portman, I'm the co-leader of the Swim Team, and leader of the Cheerleading Squad. Now, if you don't mind, I would like to start with some exercies. Get ready in anyway possible, exercising perphaps. You'll be doing laps, back and from, in different styles. From Butterfly, to Backstroke, to Breaststroke, and finally Freestyle. Then after that, I am going to test your endurance, to see how long you can keep yourself afloot."

Dawn smiled, she remembered what the tests where by now, it has always been the same, it wasn't very hard, especially to those of whom has been swimming in a regular basis but might be for regular people.

SHS Swim Team Captain

Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:37 am

I nodded slightly stretching my back a bit I was flexible enough to touch my heels when I bent back. I'd stretch my legs and arms next trying to limber up for the tests. All pretty simple for me; hotels always had a pool and I was always in it.

"Dawn huh. Mind me asking where you got the pink in your hair? Doesn't look like dye."

I had been observing it a little since I'd arrived. I sat lear the edge of the pool feeling the water teperature and nodding before pulling myself up and finishing my stretches.

Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:42 am

Dawn smiled half heartly,

"Honestly, I really don't know, I just got it and it really looks permanent. When I got back to this campus, it was there, I never had it before. I'm just as confused as everyone else. Looks nice but...I don't want to go into how I might have gotten it from..."

And really she didn't, Dawn can just think of what she went through in the Labs, and maybe as a side effect got it along with something else. That she didn't want to explain either, it was too complicated.

SHS Swim Team Captain

Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:45 am

"Well, I'm ready whenever you are."

I told her deciding not to mention the highlights again it seemed to be a touchy subject and even I knew touchy subjects were best avoided; they broke up more than one bad me & dad had toured with. I reached back and tied my hair into a bit of a tight bun; I disliked swim caps honestly they really bugged my ears; though I did have a red bandana I tied around my hair to help hold it to my head.

Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:51 am

"Ok please get in the pool. Start from where I am standing please."

Dawn manuvered herself so she is standing on the shallow area of the pool, pointing to the far side which is the deepest area of the pool.

"On my whistle, please do use Butterfly style towards the end of the pool and back. Then proceed on to Backstroke, towards the end of the pool and back, then do the same for the Breaststroke, then finally the Freestyle foward and back. Do this as fast as you possibly can while I record your time. Ok, on my mark...3...2...1...GO!"

Dawn pulled out a timer, with the whistle, and whistled at the GO!, mean while starting the timer in her hand at the sametime. Afterwords pulling out the notebook and flipped through several pages into the time are to draw down the times for each lap and for each style.

SHS Swim Team Captain

Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:06 am

I nodded and quickly got into the pool following instructions well enough I thought though certainly my form could probably have been better for at least the butterfly stroke and I knew that. My times weren't that bad; not the best but, worthy of that I was sure. I loved the water almost as much as a fish... even if it was the natural enemy of my ability; I could still use it under water oddly enough; it worked like one of those welding torches that they used to make bridges.

When I finished i was just slightly winded; something was off about how I felt; I'd never been this tired only after a few laps; I assumed it was just jet lag.

"H-how'd I do..."

I panted hanging onto the side.

Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:13 am

Dawn smiled as Lilian rested on the side of the pool, nodding, it was impressive, her form was perfect, especially on the Butterfly which was one of the hardest styles to perfect but when it is perfect, it is fast and beautiful to watch.

"Very impressive Lilian, you actually are close to the record. 5 minutes and 23 seconds. The school's record is 5 minutes flat. You had perfect form, especially with the Butterfly Style. You still beat my time though so that's more than good enough. I see your a bit winded so I'll let you rest. When you are ready we'll do the endurance test."

SHS Swim Team Captain

Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:26 am

I pulled myself out of the pool and nodded sitting at the edge calmly finding it hard to catch my breath.

"Ugh... fuck jet lag sucks. Sorry only my first day here; barely even stashed my stuff away yet hell don't even know where my dorm is."

Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:30 am

Dawn nodded and smiled

"It is ok, my first time here was also pretty chaotic. You did very well for a first time after landing. Don't worry about the time, there is no time, no rush. Take your time to recover."

SHS Swim Team Captain

Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:37 am
Reply to topic   [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next