View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 6:24 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Chemistry Accidents (Allumentte) 

Post Re: Chemistry Accidents (Allumentte)
She doesn't bother opposing Ally's already growing stubborness again, as long as she kept it udner control. She ponders on what to do about, but unfortunatly, she seems stumped.

"I..honestly am not to sure I can teach something like that. I mean...I do what comes natural to me and then you ask and its like...asking why you blink your eyes or how you breath..." she explains, rubbing the side of her face in deep thinking.

"Dark magic...I can't even conjure the littlest bit of that. So I guess its safe to assume that you and Kanoe are on the same page somewhat. But..ice...I have no experience with the element whatsoever."

She hated to be the barer of bad news, but she had absolutely no diea how to go about this. Learning restraint wasn't really difficult as long as she accepted its terms. She practiced alot too and that seemed to relieve her powers of extra mana so she wondered if Ally practiced any. There were so many ways to go about this, Clare was unsure which way to go.

Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:26 am

"I am still learning to control my abilities," She says softly, "And I do not know any powers of ice. But, dark magicks react to one's emotions. The darker and stonger the emotion, the more the mana will flare. That is what my teacher has been saying anyway. I am not sure how your emotions will mix with your colder spells."

She sits down in her chair, taking a sip of tea. It will be difficult to control the powers once she begins to tap into them. Darkness has a tendency to bring forth thoughts from the depths of one's being. And the lessons she has with Keemari...she shivers. Embracing one's emotions rather than sealing them, it has been difficult to say the least.

"I am not sure sealing your emotions like that is doing well for you," She continues, "It continues to build and build only to burst forth out of control much like what happened today. Let yourself feel a little and try to channel your mana a bit each day."

My Monster: Vespira
My ADD: Alexandra

Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:07 pm

She crosses her arms and scoffs at the idea of letting her emotions go. She had built up anger from several years of being neglected and runover by her parents. Feeling a little of that pint up anger wasn't the best option.

"Feh, feeling my emotions. My anger got the better of me in Chemistry. I'm not sure what exactly of my powers did that, but I think it was ice. I think it might've gotten to the beaker and with the hot liquid in it, it cracked and then exploded because it couldn't stand difference in temperature."

She breathes hard through her nose, shaking her head in disgust to herself.

"My colder spells...as you say. I've tried using them before...back at my highschool and...and..." her sentence trails off, her eyes wandering to her hand, "Have you...ever felt...frostbite before? That numbing feeling that somehow causes pain with it...you feel its so cold it begins to burn...and then it won't stop, it'll just keep eating at your hand until you warm it or...cut it off."

Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:22 pm

She smacks her fist into her hand, a bright expression comes over her as if she got an idea.

"I have a theory on how this works," she begins, standing up from where she was sitting and almost immediatly began to pace, "I think...personality has a lot to do with it. Kanoe, take you for example. Your emotions are msotly wrapped around passion, and... dark thoughts. Now don't you find it odd you can mostly control fire and dark magic? Coincidence? I can't even conjure the slightest bit for the simple reason that I don't have many dark thoughts and my magics are based around the elements. Because my personality is so varied and all. And Ally well... she was just a little cold-hearted... or still is anyways. Don't you two think its strange?"

She thought she did rather well in coming up with that right off the bat. But Kanoe and Ally both shared that same coldness, Ally was jsut a bit more violent about it.

Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:34 pm

"It's possible that may pick initial elements and how those elements are used," She replies, "But, I think each element has to be thought and felt a certain way. Such as fire being much more passionate or air being carefree and aloof. Of course it takes more than a couple of emotions to describe any one element. Ice though it's a combination of wind and water probably has it's own personality. Though it's cold and unfeeling, it can be harsh and relentless as it sucks the heat around it. Perhaps there is a...colder emotion that darkness may work well with."

This was all theory of course. Besides darkness, Keemari has yet to teach her about any of the other elements. She had enough trouble controlling what she had already. Kanoe could always ask him but it was better to keep that teacher's nose out of Ally's life for now. He would be too eager to take another 'apprentice'.

Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:48 pm

"This is all hard to take in at once. And I really don't want anyone hurt so can I ask...am I going to...be using any sort've magic in this room?"

She would be more then apprehensive to even try and sue any spells. If she couldn't very well control her emotions sometimes, then what would happen if she tried to bring them and magic out at once. Thoughts along the chemistry accident expanded into bigger catastrophes. Her face contorts into a stressed expression. But something seemed to click inside and she looked to Clarice in seriousness.

"So what your saying is, as long as I allow some of my emotions out, I can have...better control?"

Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:12 pm

"I don't know when you started having this personality, but that's obviously helped you tap into some form of magic. All I'm saying is that...holding it in will make you suffer, Ally. You need to stop doing that," she replies with some sympathy.

"And...not that I want to change the subject or anything but, Ally, I am really worried about you. I really need to know if...anything strange has happened to you since you arrived. Anything?" she asks urgently, having her full attention towards her. Those monsters would be picking at a girl who doesn't need any more pains. If there was a God, please let her say she hasn't been ravaged or anything.

Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:16 pm

The witch was silent for a few moments at Claire's question. It was a subject most would rather avoid. Asking about monsters and rape that occurs on this island might cause Ally to hide deeper in that shell of hers. She sighs softly.

"Think of it as a water pipe. If there is a large amount of water pumping through, then it begins to build pressure. It continues to build until it either finds an opening or...it makes one." She says softly, "It may be difficult but as you practice it should become natural to control your own flow of mana."

Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:26 pm

She blinks at the question, quirking a brow to her then back to Kanoe, finding the thing that was asked...rather stupid.

"What the hell are you talking about now? Nothing severely strange has happened... why are you asking me that?" she asks firmly, cocking her head head slightly to the vague question she was given.

She then looks to Kanoe and blinks once more. Was the woman even listening to what Clare had just said or did she ignore her completely?

"Now can I ask two questions?" she poses, pointing to the top of her cousin's head, "Why are you wearing cat ears and a cat tail? And also...you two...are you two...?"

Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:57 pm

She sighed with relief, not hearing the word 'monster' or 'demon' was something to be overjoyed for. But that only emant...Ally was in for more hurt then she bargained for. It would be only a matter of time before she would be caught alone.

The two questions she asked made ehr confused for a few seconds, but then she realized she still wore her cat outfit. And then Ally looked as if she was hinting to something with ehr and Kanoe. She laughs nervously, not very prepared for random questions like that.

"Ah well...the cat thing is mostly because I...lost a bet. AHEM. And Kanoe and I...well, yes...we are together. I thought it would be obvious myself."

Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:36 pm

She smiles faintly at the questions. She did offer to let Claire take off the ears and tail, oh well. Ally seems to not know what has been happening to a few students on the island. It was a small percentage from what she could tell. She hopes that's the case for no one else caring. The woman was safe for now but also in a rather delicate position. Warning her might get anywhere.

Kanoe nods to Claire's answer. They are together. She was not sure how Ally would react to two women being together. The witch nearly forgotten that such things were slightly uncommon back in civilization.

Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:42 pm

"Are you two expecting me to object to your relationship? I'm perfectly fine with it as long as Claire is happy I supposse."

She had no problem with the two being together, not like she could change it even if she wanted to. They seemed happy together so isn't that the purpose? But aside fromt hat, her cousin completely ignored her first question and that left her a little wary. But she couldn't care for long as she stood up.

"So I guess I'll be on my way then. I think it would be dangerous to try any spells with how uncontrollable I am. I think I need to work on emotions first so there really isn't much reason for me to stay here. I'll be heading off to my dorm now," she spoke calmly and turns to the door.

Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:30 pm

"Since when did you care about my happiness?" she mummbles loud enough only for Kanoe to hear. It was nice to know Ally was fine with them being a couple, it wouldn't change, but it was nice to get the approval from a family member.

She crosses her arms in response to her leaving so suddenly. She didn't have any specific reason to stay now and she probably would be dangerous to practice magic with. She didn't want her to leave now, but then that was probably family bond talking.

"Eh...Ally..." she calls out staggeringly, swallowing her little selfish behavior, "...don't go anywhere alone when you get back to your dorm..."

Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:34 pm

Ally was right for the most part. Practicing here may cause trouble and she prefer to keep their room intact. She would not mind the woman staying but seems she was not interested in discussion right now. Kanoe sighs as she sips her tea and looks over at Clarice. It was obvious that Claire's feelings were mixed on the whole matter. The woman was family and she wanted to protect that.

"Take care Ally," She says softly, "Perhaps when you are ready we can try to practice magic in a more open area."

Claire's warning was no doubt going to either confuse or frustrate Ally or both. It must be difficult, knowing that soon someone close will be targeted by a monster of the island. What could one say though? Would she believe them?

Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:45 pm

She stops short at Claire's warning, turning her head slightly to look at the saddened woman. She wouldn't of said that unless something was wrong, but she knew she would give the information out so willingly or she would've already.

"...I'm not alone. I have a roomate... but... I will watch myself around here. Thank-you... for caring, Claire," she replies, though no smile came to her face, she meant every word. Unlocking the door, she waves good-bye and nods to Kanoe.

"You watch yourself, Kanoe," she spoke with the intent of caring, but the words could be taken indirectly. With that she exits and shuts the door behind her.

Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:58 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next