View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 24, 2024 9:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Katarina Marseilles 

Post Katarina Marseilles
Name: Katarina Marseilles
Place of Birth: Norwich, Suffolk, United Kingdom
Hair Colour: Brunette
Eye Colour: Auburn/Redish
Ethnicity: Mixed European
Skin Tone: Very Fair
Pubic Hair: None (Shaven)
Height: 170 Centimetres (Roughly Five Foot, Seven Inches.)
Weight: 62 Kilograms (Roughly 136 Pounds)
Virgin: Only for the time being, I suspect.
Piercing or Tattoos: Ears are pierced, other than that, no.
Language: English, French
Likes: Music of nearly any type, orchestrated music in particular (both classical and powerful soundtracks), football (Not the American kind.), the violin, and the piano. Reading anything that even remotely interests her, from works of fiction to historical non-fiction. If the title or premise catches her eye, she will read it through in a matter of days.
Activities: Listening to music whenever possible, keeping physically in shape (more of a habit than anything else), organized sports where they're available, playing the violin and sometimes the piano. Reading, a lot. This is usually accompanied with music.

Psychological Profile:
At first meeting, Katarina comes across as a happy, if somewhat shy woman. While she is eager to meet new people and make friends, she isn't terribly out going and is not the most empathetic person in the world. The company of friends is welcome, but she often requires periods of time by herself, particularly in the company of her violin. She is observant and persistent, especially with goals or tasks set before her. Inside she is easily absorbed by her ideas and can be forgetful if she is particularly absorbed in an idea. Many have called her a klutz as she can become absorbed in her internal world and fail to be mindful of the world around her. In some simple things her behaviour can be rigid and very disciplined, a result of her long education at Duke of York's Royal Military Academy.

Background:
Katarina is a unique child without question with parents of very different backgrounds. The product of a one night stand, Katarina has always felt like something of a burden on her navy mum. She never knew her father and she has always assumed that she was the unexpected product of a one night stand. This became painfully apparent as she grew, more often than not she was left with her mum's parents for extended periods of time.
Left to her grandparent's care, she did well in all she did and proved talented in music, particularly the piano. Regardless her talent with the piano she was forced to focus on the violin which she also became quite good with.
When she turned twelve and her grandmother died of heart complications she was sent by order of her mother to the Duke of York's Royal Military Boarding School in Dover. A full time, military oriented boarding school, Duke of York's was a challenging change for Katarina. For her first year she fell into regular spats with both fellow students and instructors all the while becoming more reclusive. Her mother visited occasionally, but their relationship was in Katarina's eyes effectively dead. Eventually she grew accustomed to the drastic change in environment and even thrived in the Academy's music programme. While her wandering mind often made foul of her attempts to do well in the military aspects of the academy, her persistence and ability to work well alone allowed her to do exceedingly well academically.
When it came to her final year at the school she made the decision that she would not follow in her mother's footsteps and began to look for higher education rather than a more traditional career in the military. The offerings and proposed scholarship to this unfamiliar Shokushu school seemed to be just the ticket she needed. It filled her two biggest bills of being non-military and being a complete change of pace from the academy. She boarded the aircraft that fall with great expectations, unaware of the true hell that await beyond the looking glass.

We do not go towards the light, we slide from it. We go to chaos. We go to death and death's heaven.

Last edited by Katarina Marseilles on Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:57 am

Post Re: Katarina Marseilles
Hey there, welcome. :mrgreen:

Oh, yes, don't mind the...more outrageous welcome messages that might come after this. 8)

You're dedicated to how I'm killing you.

A member of the Archanius Alliance, Lieutenant.
The Archanius Alliance
Terror of the Deep

Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:25 am
Profile YIM

Outrageous? I believe I'm outraged that you would think that a monster of my temperament would make an outrageous welcome.

Unless, of course, you didn't. Then disregard all the theatrics.

And welcome, Katarina.

Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:43 am

Come come...I was merely ushering her in for a gentle welcome...

Then again, I guess it was not meant to be. In that regard, then, sorry dear Katarina. :twisted:

You're dedicated to how I'm killing you.

A member of the Archanius Alliance, Lieutenant.
The Archanius Alliance
Terror of the Deep

Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:45 pm
Profile YIM

A gentle welcome is it?

Well, perhaps as our new student is a musician, we might consider a spoof of "West Side Story"---

I have tentacles
Ten white tentacles
I have tentacles
To shape as I need!

And the grand thing
Is that I never ever
Leave my seed
La la la la la la la la

Or am I confusing gentle with comically over the top again?

Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:07 pm

Hmmmm. Well.

Anyways, welcome to school Katrina. I know being so far from home will be difficult to adjust to, so if you ever need any company, I'd be happy to oblige.

Send a PM anytime you feel like an RP with Natsuki. She's not shy!

Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:45 pm
Profile YIM

Thanks to the welcome messages, even those a little out the box. If anyone would be interested in Shokushu's newest music major, feel free to send a PM.

We do not go towards the light, we slide from it. We go to chaos. We go to death and death's heaven.

Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:31 am

Welcome to the school, Katarina!

*Hums "Hotel California" quietly*

Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]