View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 30, 2024 3:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 The Song (Katarina) 

Post The Song (Katarina)
I sit on a stump in the forest in my human form as I look around and sigh as I pull out the orcina I had on myself. It had been such a long time since I was needed to play the song of calming and cleansing. A drudic ritual that helped me stablize and strengthen my powers. Apparently I hadn't been keeping up with my training as I take a seat and start to play the music.

An errier and beautiful melody flows through the woods, a song unlike that any human has heard as I dutiful play the song as elemental spirits are slowly awakened by the melody. As one lone human was nearby to hear the song as I close my eyes and let the notes soak into my body.

Master Druid of the Berry Lin

My Bio- viewtopic.php?f=7&t=144

If you fancy an RP with my character do not hestitate ask. I'm always free.

Alliance Info- viewtopic.php?f=7&t=155

Alliance Membership List- viewtopic.php?f=5&t=576

Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:09 pm

Post Re: The Song (Katarina)
Katarina had just arrived and while she'd taken the time to put her things in her dorm room, she had not bothered to unpack yet. Daylight hours were meant to be enjoyed outside, especially when the weather was this nice. That had been part of her selection process in deciding to come to Shokushu, the weather was supposed to be fantastic here. Thus far it was living up to its reputation. When she'd initially arrived the forest she saw on the outskirts of the campus proper caught her eye and she'd made the decision to go there as soon as she'd dumped her things in the dorm. This was the middle of the day, most everyone was in classes, so Katarina hadn't run into anyone else as of yet.
On her back she carried her violin in its case, she'd had the case customized so she could wear it like a backpack. Easier to hop to attention or salute when your hands are free. As she began to walk into the forest the sound of a sweet melody began to play at her ears. Enchanted by this unfamiliar tune she closed her eyes and followed her ears, carefully stepping as she approached the sound. When she was close enough she opened her eyes to see a man sitting on a stump, playing an instrument that was unknown to her. Between the desire to walk up and ask him about the song and her desire to listen, the latter won out. She listened carefully to his playing a moment longer before quietly pulling the violin from its case. As he approached the chorus to his song once again, she joined in without warning, the violin adding a deeper, longer note to his played on the ocarina. As she played by ear, matching his tune quite well, she stepped forth so he could see her as well.

We do not go towards the light, we slide from it. We go to chaos. We go to death and death's heaven.

Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:41 pm

My eyes open up the moment my ears pick up the sound of someone joining me with there own intrusement. I look up and see a stunning girl, match my chords, my rythm, perfectly... THe meledoy, the pitch, was diffcult for me to learn, it seemed I was in the presence of a musical prodigy if she was able to pick up the song so quickly. I stare at her for a moment as I continue to play closing my eyes.

I would deal with the girl after the ritual song was complete as I continue to play the song. Twisting and turning, the meledoy became darker, and darker, more somber as it then changes tempo slowly picking up in speed and life as it was near the end as I see if she can keep up.

Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:15 am

Katarina began to have to pause and listen to keep up, while she could play very well by ear she couldn't play something that she'd never heard. A determined look formed on her brow as she tried to keep up, at one point driving her to pull her uniform's sleeves up to be more comfortable. Why she'd stayed back a bit and listened in the first place was she needed to hear something of it to play it, but this drastic change in the song left her trying to listen and catch up. Once he began to repeat the chorus she could catch up, but past that it was hopeless. Eventually she just gave up and stopped trying to play what she didn't know.

We do not go towards the light, we slide from it. We go to chaos. We go to death and death's heaven.

Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:52 pm

I smile when I heard her stop, she did well I thought as a few more verses and I then stop playing ending the song as the nature spirits reawkened in the area, revitilzed show it by various means or will. The most obvious one if you looked was a sudden blooming of some flowers around us. I put the ocarina down and look up at her. "Your quite good. My name is Keemari, what is yours?" I ask her calmly as my eyes look over her loverly form.

It was well tonned, a bit muscular, but the curves were all in the rights spots, also her music added an air of feminity to her as it nearly made tail wag hearing her match the gentle music, it was so calming as I look upon her. Hmm this was turning into an intreasting day.

Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:22 pm

Eyes wandering about the flowers that had taken to bloom, her mind immediately began to wonder about the person before her. His words, calm and kind, broke her wandering mind's train of thought. "You're quite good. My name is Keemari, what is yours?" At that, Katarina offered a slight bow, mindful of her instrument and smiled, "I am Katarina and you are very good." As her eyes watched his scan up and down her body she was reminded that this uniform did very, very little to hide a woman's curves. A slightly flustered blush filled her cheeks as she glared at him, "Are you done or would you like a little show?" her voice obviously annoyed.

Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:29 am

"Merely looking over the miltary girl in a skirt, you don't seem fond of it." I tell her revealing something about her past that she had not said anything about as I merely smirk. "While I do appreciate a girls beauty, I look for more then the curves they hold, certain manerisms, stances, and other things catch my attention, revealing things to me Katrina. Like that comment and you immediatly blushed when you thought I was merely looking at your beautiful body. Thus showing me that you have very little experince with guys and most of it not good." I tell her. "I would hope to change that if I can, after all, we've already connected with our music." I tell her.

Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:19 am

"Merely looking over the military girl in a skirt, you don't seem fond of it." While she'd been focused on his lewd stare it took a second to notice what exactly he had said. "Wait, what? How did you...?" he cut her off with a little monologue. "While I do appreciate a girl's beauty, I look for more than the curves they hold," a slight smirk crossed her face as well, most guys said that and ninety percent didn't mean it. "certain mannerisms, stances, and other things catch my attention, revealing things to me Katarina." At that her mouth gaped open slightly, though before she could interject demanding how he knew her name, his monologue continued. "Like that comment and your immediate blush when you thought I was merely looking at your beautiful body. Thus showing me you have very little experience with guys, most of it not good." The truth of his words stilled her own and brought forth a new rosy flush across her face, "I would hope to change that if I can, after all, we've already connected with our music." Katarina continued to blush furiously as she began to babble, too many questions prevalent in her mind and too many thoughts intermingled betwixt them she couldn't form a coherent one. Finally after a moment of embarrassed babbling and blushing she looked back up into his eyes, "Who in the hell are you exactly?"

Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:55 pm

"I already told you my name. It's Keemari, Keemari Sulvian, but please just call me Keemari. I'm the residenent botanist you could say, the island allows me to conduct my research on this tropical island planting my new plants and experiments on it's vastness. In return I act as a private tutor to help pay the bills and a subusitite for the school when they require me." I tell her all this as I couldn't help but smirk at just how flustered she was by me seeing all this as I roll my ocarina in my hands as I wait for her next question. I'm sure it was on the tip of her toungue.

Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:42 pm

"A botanist?" she said aloud. She didn't know if this college offered a botany programme or not. Either way it was a moot point, she had more pressing things to inquire about regarding this strange person. "How did you know my name?" she bristled all over again, annoyed that he knew so much about her and read her so easily.

Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:43 am

That I chuckle at as she asks that particular question. Probaly annoying her more. "Why you told me it, just before you asked me if I wanted a little show, don't tell me my observations of you threw you off that much?" I ask her.

Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:30 am

Katarina blushed and puffed up her cheeks slightly, he really was getting to her. "No...I mean..." she struggled to find the right question, all the while her mind chastised her for even thinking she'd really get a straight answer out of him. He had proven one thing, she was not experienced when it came to dealing with men and that only served to ruffle her feathers further. Forgetting she wanted to ask about the song she quickly packed her violin and bow back into their case, before putting it back over her shoulder. "Well...Mister Sulvian? Or would it be Professor? In any case, have a nice day." she offered a rather fake smile, turned, and began to storm off back the way she'd come.
Her mind continued its tirade, first day and she gets so flummoxed by a lone professor...oooh she was annoyed, both at him and herself.

Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:35 pm

As she turned to walk away I smirk at her. My, she really had no experince with guys I thought as I gave her answers to every one of her questions. Ha, ha, ha she was obviously expecting more as I then pull my orcirina up and start to play another song, a deep and cheerful one, of another type that she had never heard before, it sounded classicaly, almost mysticaly as the cheery up beat of it flows through the air, affecting her as it made her feel calmer, warmer inside.

Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:49 pm

Katarina huffed as she walked away, she had thoroughly embarrassed herself in front of the first person she met, that wasn't a good way to start college. When he began to play again she initially tried to ignore it, but the melody seemed to permeate her being. The upbeat tone and warmth it generated welled with in her heart, bringing a slight smile to her face. This was not unusual for her though, this was the effect most good music had on her. She stopped just inside the clearing and turned about. Without a word she sat on her knees on the leafy forest floor and began to listen intently. When he began the second rendition she joined in again with the violin, though this time not parroting his playing. Instead she'd taken a more creative course, playing a piece complimentary to his.

Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:19 am

I smile as I play then as the song drifts through the words our two melodies intermixing, complemiting the others as we play. I let the song continue to move through the song rocking back and forth a bit as you feel more and more flushed as you play until finally it stops and smile. "See, all we needed to do was connect with our music again and you wouldn't feel so embarressed." I tell her.

Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:37 am
Reply to topic   [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next