View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 30, 2024 2:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Prototypes (Katarina) 

Post Re: Prototypes (Katarina)
Katarina listened intently to the fairly rapid briefing on the cat/computer thing that she continued to glance at occasionally. Most of what she said went over Katarina's head, the basics of it were easy enough to understand, but HOW it achieved those things was lost on Katarina. Asking more questions related to it didn't seem like a great idea, it wasn't likely she'd develop much greater an understanding without a lot of reading. Because of that, she was somewhat relieved when Shai changed the subject, though it did catch her somewhat off guard. "A wee bit of a subject change there," she commented with a little laugh, "I wear some lipstick...and a little eye shadow, but that's all I was really allowed at the academy."

We do not go towards the light, we slide from it. We go to chaos. We go to death and death's heaven.

Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:28 pm

Shai had to chuckle at her own increase in excitement. The laugh was much needed though in relief of some tension she felt building up inside of her. As her laughter subsided she listened intently to Katarina, her eyes darting from each feature of her face, noting beautiful skin that could only result from the lack of clogging pores with a bunch of crap. Shai nodded as she explained. “Lucky, did you know a lot of cover ups and concealers have placentas in them?” Shai shook her head. “Anyway, I don’t wear it either, but there’s a lot of people who aren’t blessed with skin like yours,” She felt a slight pink rise in her cheeks as she realized she was staring again, she averted her eyes and continued. “Or mine.” She said running a hand on her own skin.

“Though, there’s a lot of late nights for me and that’s pretty damaging in the long run too.” She traced two gentle fingers beneath her eyes. She realized she was rambling again and had not yet gotten to the point of the abrupt subject change.
“So, I’ve been working on some nanites- err very tiny computers that are unseen by the human eye, that will only bond with living epidermis. (I had a problem with them clinging to the shed skin that builds up all over the place). Then you can change the tone and glow of your skin.” She said with a smile. “So if you don’t like to tan, it’s a wonderful option as well.”

Thank you Naoko for the Sig, you are my heroine <3
.oOo. Nasty, Evil, Wicked and Mean .oOo.

~*^ Shai's Lament ^*~

Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:07 am
Profile YIM

Katarina couldn't help but glance at her hands at the mention of a tan. Her skin was extremely fair, something she really hadn't ever considered. With a lot of her decent from the northern reaches, she didn't tan in the sun, rather she just burned, and burned bad. "Sounds like you have something of a breakthrough there." Katarina nodded. Such a product, if proven to not be dangerous would undoubtedly make Shai a billionaire. Her mind turned back to Shai's earlier comment about late nights then, wondering about the quick subject change. This woman had a talent for rambling, and for flipping between subjects like a switch. "Late nights?" Katarina offered a little bait, "I can't imagine there is all too much to do at night here."

We do not go towards the light, we slide from it. We go to chaos. We go to death and death's heaven.

Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:28 pm

As it turned out, not only did Katarina have quite the talented musical capability, but she was something of a sleuth as well. Shai smirked to herself finding more common ground with the new student already. Like Shai, Katarina didn’t just hear the words someone said, she listened and used common sense rather than just accept words for what they were, she had that knack for it. So what was Shai supposed to say? Ramble on about how monsters terrorize students- Not likely that Katarina would believe her. No, a more logical answer would have to suffice.

Shai wandered over towards the table where the pill containers were place and gently lifted one, almost lovingly. “Things like this aren’t created overnight- rather they’re created over months and years through the night.” Shai nodded and then added. “I can see it in you. Music is your passion, I’m sure you’ve had times where you get lost in your music and time seems irrelevant…until you realize the sun’s peaking over the mountains and you’ve got less than an hour to get ready for class of course.” She said with a chuckle.

~*^ Shai's Lament ^*~

Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:58 pm
Profile YIM

A smile spread across Katarina's face as she said that, she'd used to sneak out of the dormitory after lights out and practice where she could, but that was uncommon at best. The academy hadn't offered much in the way of freedom. "I guess I know what you mean...though my last hom-, rather my last school didn't offer much an opportunity after lights out for anything." The slip wasn't really embarrassing, rather she'd learned most of the people here considered calling a school home rather odd. In her mind though, it wasn't terribly unusual, she'd lived there for seven years. That, however, was beginning to tread in her own past when she was rather interested in Shai's. "So...um...what are the pills for?"

Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:36 am

Shai nodded in understanding, barely hearing the slip. She understood completely about considering a place where you spend a large part of your life home, and since she despised her own ‘house’ she’d much rather live on a campus anyway- any campus but this one of course. “I suppose we’ve all our own vices.” She said with a smile, taking a moment to regard Pan as she spoke.

“Ah yes, those.” She picked up several of the containers and turned them so that Katarina could see the caps. “Since I wasn’t planning on releasing the technology for quite some time I pre-programmed most of the nanites to a specific skin color. Eventually I was going to switch to a sort of…” She paused to consider her next words. “A remote, so that one could change the tone of their skin at anytime without having to switch out the nanites. But since all computers eventually become obsolete, I knew that was going to be a long journey of late nights and a lot of caffeine.” She pointed to the paint dabs on the top of the containers, each offering a different hue. She shrugged, setting them down. “Not everyone wants to wear make up and clog their pores, this offers a nice alternative I feel anyway. The nanites don’t stack on top of eachother giving a nice even coat. The pills.” She motioned again to the containers. “They contain the nanites. Drop them in some water were they activate and spray on your skin. These however,” She picked up the container that had no dab of paint. “Are a completely different experiment.” She grinned nervously, almost embarrassed to explain the function. “They’re designed to stimulate predetermined areas. Basically they send pulses through the nervous system that enhance sensitivity.”

~*^ Shai's Lament ^*~

Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:27 am
Profile YIM

Now THAT was a hell of a change of subject. "That's...quite a shift in direction from the others..." she made her observation aloud. Katarina shifted her weight and tilted her head slightly, look on her face puzzled. "What kind of use would something like that ha-" she cut off as her mind finally caught up to her mouth and filled in the necessary blanks. Almost immediately her cheeks lit up like tail lamps. She chuckled nervously and instinctively ran her fingers through her hair. "I...I suppose that one would get you plenty of money too..."

Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:39 am

Shai felt the heat rushing to her face as Katarina made her observations on the project out loud. She hadn’t really wanted to just throw the prototypes out there quite in the way she’d done, but in her excitement she found her mouth moving a bit too fast for her brain to catch up. Apparently the same had happened with Katarina.

“Money isn’t my concern, I already have a few patents out there. I just wanted to make something for practical use.” She said, a shy smile crossing over her lips. “Besides, when you’re stuck in a school with all girls, it could do well to have some excitement.” She hadn’t meant to blurt out that last part. She was almost weary of the indication Katarina would gain from the unexpected nervous outburst.

~*^ Shai's Lament ^*~

Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:54 am
Profile YIM

Another nervous laugh permeated the room as Katarina tried to think of something, ANYTHING to say. With that comment Shai had answered her much earlier question about staring. What she'd brought up though wasn't foreign to Katarina, though she didn't have any personal experience in the matter. She didn't have much experience in sexual matters period, really. Going through puberty at a military academy had done wonders to shrink whatever libido she might have had naturally to microscopic portions. Because of that, curiosity got the better of Katarina and her mind was still reeling when she blurted, "Have...have you tried it before? Does it work?"

Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:14 am

Shai tried to gauge the conversation. It seemed to thrive with nervous chuckles from both parties, followed by an elevated silence. Shai shuffled nervously, and then an unexpected question was asked.

“These are still prototypes, the last batch I made had managed to enhance all areas of sensitivity, even pain- Which I didn’t really want, could you imagine stubbing your toe? With this process I had hoped to eliminate that. The nanites are designed to only last up to an hour in any case.” She said hopeful.

Shai popped open the pill container and the soft gray spheres fell into her hand. “Care to try one?” She said with a rather devious smile.

~*^ Shai's Lament ^*~

Last edited by Shai Tanaka on Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:07 pm
Profile YIM

Curiosity again took the helm as Katarina set her violin back in its case and walked, tentatively, over to Shai. The look on her face was brushed aside by her inquisitive nature and the reassurance that they'd only last about an hour. "Well...if that is all they last...certainly." she offered both of her hands cupped gingerly, to take any she would be willing to share. What ever the outcome might be...she shrugged her worries off, it couldn't be that bad in any case. Quite to the contrary, they sounded like they might be fun.

Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:32 am

Shai couldn’t help but chuckle to herself when she saw the student’s curiosity pique. Curiosity is the core of a scientist’s heart, and she knew the face of a brain hard at work. She tossed her head, shoveling a large amount of her locks over her shoulder and peered at Katarina for a moment. As Shai had assessed beforehand Katarina was almost the same height as Shai, give or take an inch or two, due to the height difference Katarina made up the weight in ‘other’ areas of her body. Areas Shai, unfortunately wasn’t blessed with genetically.

Shai had taken one her first try a few years ago, and the effects were amazing. Upping the dosage could present complications, so she safely dropped one of the spheres in Katarina’s eager hands. Shai took her own pill and dumped the rest back into the container. Her eyes casually glanced up at the clock and squinted slightly. “Barely past Eleven, we’ll be alone for quite some time.” She observed.

“Simple, just swallow and your saliva will dissolve the coating. You’ll probably feel a little tingle when the nanites enter your bloodstream, but afterwards they’ll go where they’re programmed to go.” Shai assured Katarina as she popped the sphere past her own pale pink lips.

~*^ Shai's Lament ^*~

Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:49 pm
Profile YIM

Katarina caught her glance towards the clock, but thought little of it as she cradled the little ball. "Well...to scientific progress." she said with a slight smile, popping the candy-like object onto her tongue. It had no noticeable taste and as Shai had said, it dissolved rapidly. For a moment she noticed nothing, then a slight chill, she guessed as they entered the blood stream.

"About how long do these usually take to have an affect?" she asked, having felt little difference after the first three or four minutes. Impatiently she took a few steps about the room with no noticeable change. She paused a moment to stretch, and that was when she first noticed. Bending forward slightly she realized she was acutely aware of the slightest brushes against both her rear and lower lips. Her cheeks developed a bright red glow upon this realization, though her mind wondered how far it went.

Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:34 am

Shai ran through the process in her mind. Instantly after she had taken the nanites she visualized the outer coating of the nanites dissolving with assistance from her saliva, the nanites activating the second moisture activated the powering device on the outer layer. As the nanites powered on they permeated the skin in the mouth and entered the bloodstream and attaching themselves to predetermined nerves. She watched as Katarina shifting uncomfortably as she waited for the nanites to attach themselves.

She heard Katarina ask about when the nanites would start to take effect, but no sooner had she asked the question she saw a slight change in the way she carried herself. She stretched, reaching her arms high over her head and pushing her voluptuous chest outwards. It was the slight pause, that indicated that Katarina’s nanites were in effect.
Then Shai noticed the slight tingling sensation in her skin. She gently traced a finger along the back of her neck, causing a slight shudder. They were definitely still in perfect working condition.

Shai walked over to Katarina, her hips swaying with each step enhancing the lush sensitivity she was experiencing. “They should be working now.” Shai mused, letting her hand rise up to Katarina’s cheek, lightly tracing the contours of her face down against her jawline and slowly down her neck and along her collarbone in attempt to test her responses to gentle touch. Gauging the new student’s reaction Shai decided to take it a step further. She gently brushed a stray lock of hair away from Katarina’s face and leaned in, pressing her soft pale pink lips against Katarina’s.

~*^ Shai's Lament ^*~

Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:58 am
Profile YIM

These nanites worked exceedingly well, according to what she'd been told. She was suddenly very aware of the clothes she wore, for she could feel every slight shift against her skin below. The sensations were extreme, to say the least. Shai seemed similarly affected, the shudder that rippled through her proved that beyond the shadow of doubt. The sequence of events that followed though, left Katarina stunned, even if only for the moment. Her eyes travelled down Shai's figure as she approached, taking in particular the obvious hip swaying she had suddenly picked up. The feeling of another's hand drawing sensually across her face seemed to put ice into her veins. Katarina's nose caught Shai's essence as she pressed in for a the kiss, and while her mind was paralysed, her body had some idea of what to do. Without a thought or command her left hand found itself creeping around Shai's waist, her fingers pressing lightly against the fabric of her blouse. The first kiss was short and light, a bit of proverbially testing the waters. The second, however, was nothing of the sort.

Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next