View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 01, 2024 11:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Here be treasure (for Saira and other interested students) 

Post Re: Here be treasure (for Saira and other interested students)
As it turned out, Saira was more being paranoid than delving too far. She turned back to Yaeko after only a few minutes, with a fairly disarming smile.

"Oh, not very far at all! It's... not quite night yet. It's supposed to have to do with the new moon or something, and... well, it's not moonrise yet. Er. Not that we'll see the moon, but I checked the time."

The Egyptian girl sat down, and took out her can of peanuts, already snacky-hungry again. She... seemed to just want to wait. But still, she was still smiling.

"Welp, once the time passes we should look around more closely - then maybe a nice swim before heading back, eh?"

Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:46 pm

Grinning, Yaeko hopped from rock to rock until she reached Saira, plopping down beside her with a grunt. She rummaged around in her bag, pulling out a chocolate bar to nosh on as she looked around with interest.

"So, what is supposed to be out here anyway? Gold? Gems? That sort of thing? Oh! Is it pirate treasure?! Do we need to find a big X on some rock?"

She seemed content to wait, chattering on blithely. She removed her shoes and socks, dangling her feet in the warm water. It seemed the secluded cove might actually be a nice place to swim, now that the other girl had mentioned it. Gentle currents, plenty of places to stop, and wave rounded stones placed among the soft sand. She might even get up the courage to explore that opening in the back of the cove, the one entirely underwater...

Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:35 am

Saragus watched from hiding, watched and waited, as one of the young women begin playing at the water's edge.

Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:32 am

So they waited, perhaps even agonizingly from Saragus's perspective. Saira finished a handful of peanuts, and checked her watch idly. Eventually, enough minutes passed, and she stood up, pulling a bit at the backpack she had set nearby on the dry rocks to get it near her, and unzipping it. Before Saira continued with what she was doing though, she turned to look at Yaeko with a smile.

"It's about the right time to see it or whatever. A relic of some sort, I'm not sure what... and we'll find it! But, I had looked around, and I think it might be underwater somewhere. So I'm gonna get down into my swimsuit, okay? And who says we can't have some fun in the water while we're at it, hm?"

After having said that, Saira began the process of stripping down, pulling off the coat and blouse with little effort, unbuttoning her pants and sliding them down, off her body. When she was finished, her same bikini suit was left, the orange fabric and little decorative gold rings covering her fairly well - bikini though it might be, the bathing suit wasn't the kind to push legal bounds. The final touch was taking off her glasses, grabbing something from the backpack, and sliding them into it. "It", being a waterproof pouch with a simple waist strap, which she cinched on like a belt. Thus finished, Saira began to walk slowly into the water, calling to Yaeko once she was at about chest height.

"Wow, the water's so warm for this time of night! It's great, Yaeko!"

Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:49 pm

Yaeko clapped her hands happily, hopping up to tug off her outer layer of clothing, revealing the dark blue one piece she had on beneath it. Carefully tucking her socks into her shoes, she undid the yellow ribbon in her hair tying it around her wrist as she shook her head to untangle her light brown locks. Hopping in the water, she laughed, ducking under to slick her hair back from her face.

"Hey, you're right! You think maybe there's a hot spring or something in the cove? Hey! Maybe the hot water comes out of that hole I saw over there..."

Yaeko half floated, half walked between the stones, waving Saira over eagerly, gesturing toward the deepest part of the sheltered pool, where a dark orifice split the rock face, deep beneath the water. Frowning, Yaeko turned as she tread water, nodding downward.

"That looks promising, right? Treasure is supposed to be in spooky caves."

Grinning cheerily, she slowly moved her arms and legs in the warm water, luxuriating in the sensation, oblivious to the watcher beneath them.

Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:55 am

((Keeping it active a bit while Saragus isn't around. Let's assume he's biding his time, waiting for the girls to get closer or something.))

Saira smiled a sort of roguish smile at the mention of the underwater cove - exploration, adventure indeed! Of course... there were some risks involved, too. So, while the soothing warm water relaxed her oh-so-well, Saira floated slightly in the failing light - for now it was into the depths of twilight. The girl leaned back some, luxuriating almost too much for a supposed adventure, before finally turning completely to Yaeko.

"Oooh, a cove! Yes, that would be a good place for a treasure of some sort to be. Now, I think maybe we should do it in short trips, though - it might be such a long cave that we can't make it in one breath... Which'd suck because there's no scuba tanks on the island that I know of. Hmm..."

While that syllable finished, Saira reached over onto the land to grab some kind of object - a flashlight, and on closer observation, it wasn't just ruggedized... it was waterproof! A waterproof light was a good idea for these conditions indeed. But... next thing's next. She got a bit of a weird expression, then turned to Yaeko again.

"Uhm... I think we need to know how long we can hold our breath underwater. You wanna go first or should I?"

Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:36 am

Yaeko beamed a smile and nodded.

"I'll go first! Just down and back up when I need air, right?"

She floated closer to a rock, leaning against it for support. Closing her eyes, she started moving her arms in slow, wide spread circles on either side of her body, taking deep, even breaths and releasing them in a dolorous rhythm. It almost seemed as if she was meditating, her breaths becoming deeper, and slower with each repetition, her arms still gently churning the water at her sides. After about a minute of this strange exercise, she opened her eyes with a grin, stretching and twisting her body to limber up.

"Something my swim coach taught me, for when you need to stay under a while. It builds up oxygen in your blood or something. Ok, now time me!"

Yaeko took a slow, deep breath and dove deep into the water, lying down on the soft sand beneath the rock, eyes closed and arms gently moving to keep her from floating back up. She seemed to grinning up at Saira like an altered reflection in the dimly lit water.

Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:26 am

Saira smiled as she watched Yaeko get ready to dive, then calmly waited... once told to time, she began counting off the seconds mentally. All the while, the darker-skinned girl stared down, watching to make sure the other girl didn't pass out or drown or something. She ended up waiting what felt like a good while, until finally she was there for when Yaeko came up for air. The exclamation of the time was fairly enthusiastic, though!

"Ah! It... it was 6 minutes and, uh. I forget how many seconds. But that's a lot!... Okay, give me a sec to try that thing you did, and then I'll go, okay?"

Saira didn't quite know what she was doing - she had learnt to swim, but not to do so professionally. So she tried moving her arms in a slow, focused motion, while taking deep breaths and trying to relax. Her legs moved a lot more than Yaeko's, still not quite used to keeping herself afloat like this... But eventually, Saira finished the exercise, and slipped into the water.

After a fairly short paddle to the bottom, Saira tried to imitate how Yaeko did it, placing her back on the sand and keeping herself pushed down a bit with her arms. Ahhh... The warm water felt so relaxing down here, with her whole body submerged! Saira felt calm and at ease, closing her eyes and smiling - not like how Yaeko did, but calmer, more serene... Of course, all good things had to come to an end, and she came back up, her hair now falling flat to her back from being thoroughly soaked. Of course, Saira didn't last as long...

Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:09 pm

Yaeko watched the Egyptian girl mimic her breathing technique, suppressing a chuckle at the honest, but clumsy attempt.

"You can do it! Just try not to think about breathing, and it makes things easier."

Grinning, she watched the darker girl sink to the bottom, counting aloud the seconds, floating just over and to the side, just in case she had to dive down and pull her up. After a good while, the other girl floated back up, and Yaeko offered her arm to help her to the rock if she needed it.

"Almost 4 minutes! Not bad at all. Have you ever thought about taking swim lessons or something? I mean, you looked really relaxed down there and all..."

She slicked her unruly hair back behind her ears as she treaded water, not hiding her excitement at the prospect of converting another to the joys of swimming.

Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:25 am

Saira smiled at Yaeko, in part for having managed to succeed in diving down for a good amount of time, and in part for the praise. Swim lessons, huh?... Suddenly her mind sidetracked, imagining being part of a swimteam, and meeting all sorts of people, the anticipation of suiting up right before a big meet... And though she usually stayed a bit away from sports and the like, it didn't sound half bad! Though admittedly, the offer being made in the middle of praise from ever-cheery Yaeko helped that idea along.

"Really? You really think so? That... That could actually be fun!"

Indeed, Saira was practically beaming in the failing twilight. She stayed in her reverie for a bit, almost forgetting that they were here to explore and hunt for treasure...

Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2