View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 4:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Misinterpreted Encouragement (Kairi) 

Post Re: Misinterpreted Encouragement (Kairi)
I kept spitting out questoin after question after question. Finally only two things were left but only one was appropriate to ask at this point. Could you show me?I asked her as gently as my voice could in hopes that she would sense that I was being sincere. I really was intereted and I wanted to see more from her

I sat there staring at her at first then looked down towards her notebook, I knew there was something amazing that book, and I wondered if she would actually share it with me. She was trying something, something that really pained her, but only practice could make it less painful and I was only to earnest to help.

Take my hand and fly away with me.

Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:28 am
Profile YIM WWW

Guess she should not be surprised that that question would come up. Kanoe lets out a long sigh. It was what she came to this classroom to do anyway so might as well.

Her eyes close as the spidery words that could only be described as magic whispers from her lips. She held her hand open, palm facing upward as the very darkness and shadows of the room began to shimmer and sway. Thin threads of darkness weave through the air and slither along the floor, gathering and swirling into a sphere in her hand. As more threads gather, the sphere spins faster and grows darker until it was a solid black orb quivering in her palm. Kanoe's eyes slowly open. It was not what she was trying to do but it was something that was mostly safe to show the woman.

"Satisfied?"

My Monster: Vespira
My ADD: Alexandra

Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:36 am

I stared wide eyed at the site in front of me. Shadows seemed to surround Kanoe is quite a way that looked as if they were going to engulf her whole and wisk her away. But this spell or incantation or whatever you wanted to call it seemed to easy for her. This wasn't what she had been working on before.

WOW! That's AMAZING! Can you do that one you were practicing earlier again?I didn't want to push her, but I knew this wasn't really what she wanted to be working on.

Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:55 am
Profile YIM WWW

Her jaw clenches slightly as she seems to concentrate. The orb quivers even more as parts of it begin to distort slightly. The shape quickly became unstable. The witch's eyes widen as the the threads unravel. A blast of wind blows out in all directions as she orb dispersed, leaving a chilling feeling down to the bones as the shadows stop shimmering.

"Nngh!"

Kanoe gasps in pain as her hand shakes and twitches slightly. That no doubt bruised her hand again. Backlash was always a pain especially on a failed spell. She turns away from Kairi, walking away as held her wrist with her other hand.

Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:02 am

I quickly jump up from where i was sitting and run over to Kanoe. I see that she's cradling her wrist and i gently reach out for it holding it in my hand and grab the cup off the desk that has just a bit of water left in it from earlier's accident. I slowly poor the water over her hand and start blowing gently on it. I then take one of the ribbons out of my hair and tie it around her wrist and hand to cover up the wound, then take a step back from her.

Are you okay? What do you think went wrong?

Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:30 am
Profile YIM WWW

Kanoe winces slightly, trying to pull away as her wrist was grabbed. Drops of cool water briefly soothes the pain. She stops trying to pull away as the woman began to gently blow at her bruised hand. Why was Kairi wanting to help her so much? The concept of selfless kindness was foreign to the witch and always amazed her when in the presence of it. The witch gasps as the ribbon was tighten around her wounded hand.

"I'll be fine," She says softly, her other hand touching the ribbon as her damaged hand closes and opens slowly, "I tend to lack much...control in my powers. Could be a number of reasons why but that is why the spell failed."

Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:42 am

I looked at Kanoe and smiled slightly. I then took her hands in mine carefully placing them on top. Close your eyes. I know this sounds ridiculous, but just work with me.

I smiled at her brightly trying to show that I was sincere. I slid my hands out from beneath hers and began circling around her. Clear our head of all thoughts. Just breath, really breath and let the pain in your hand fade, let everything your holding onto just slip away. Forget I'm even here if that helps. I giggled to myself then slid back on to my desk, and watched her for a minute. I eyed her body against starting at her feet and watching the curves of her body all the way to the way her hair hang behind her.

When you think your ready, open your eyes. How do you feel now?

Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:56 am
Profile YIM WWW

The witch stares at the woman for a few moments. She lets out a sigh, not going along would only cause the woman to continue trying. Her hand still throbs gently against Kairi's. The gentle touch and warmth from those hands sent a slight tingling sensation through her own. Kanoe's eyes close.

Kairi's hands slip away from her as she remains in darkness. The woman's voice speaks softly to her. She could hear the woman circling around her. Kanoe follows the advice, doing her best to clear her troubled thoughts. It was easier said than done, this woman did not know what she has been through. The faint giggle did throw off the mood a bit but the witch continues to calm herself. Unlike others, she welcomed the darkness she was in right now. Her chest rises and falls with each breath. It felt like she was floating away.

After a minute or so of floating in her thoughts, she opens her eyes. There was still a dull ache in her palm but it felt far away now. It was about as much as she expected on short notice.

"It feels better now," She replies softly, "Thank you."

Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:17 am

I watch her motions for a second then I cross my legs at the knees and quietly speak again. Will you try... once more? I have high hopes this time.

I sat there breathing deeply and smiling on the inside, for now I just sat there with intense eyes, watching the shadows still for the moment, but most likely not for long.

Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:23 am
Profile YIM WWW

"Very well," She says softly, "Just one more.."

Her mana was not running that low but there were other factors limiting her magic. The backlashes could really hurt her if she pushes too hard. If she fails again, that is just more bruises added on top of the one's still on her hand. She was not sure what Kairi's gain would be in helping her in this but, Kanoe did not want to give up either.

She takes a deep breath, letting it out slowly as she lifts her ribboned hand up. The soft whispers of magic fill the room as Kanoe begins the incantation once more. The shadows began to shimmer and move once more, feeding into a single spot on her palm. Despite being the same spell, the wisps never seem to come from the same places in the same mass, creating a unique display every time.

Once more, a small black orb forms in her hand. The witch had stopped incanting once the darkness was gathered. Her eyes seemed to be focused entirely on what was in her hand. The pitch black orb began to dim as the threads of shadow spread apart, threatening to burst once more. The sphere continues to distort and stretch in her palm. Her hand trembles as her hair and uniform begin to whip about as if wind was cutting around her body. Short pants of air leaves Kanoe's lips as the distorted orb began to flatten at the top and bottom. The threads were swirling at a blinding speed as they seem to condense once more. The pitch black darkness formed together once more but the top and bottom were flattened, forming a pitch black cylinder.

A faint smile spreads across her lips as she lets the spell unravel once more. There was a weaker gust of wind as the spell ends. Kanoe's body sways as she found herself using the desk nearby for support.

"I..I did it," she whispers breathlessly.

Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:50 am

I jumped off the desk and began jumping up in down in excited screeches clapping her hands. She ran over to Kanoe to help her balance smiling a wide smile across her lips. Wow that was amazing! I knew you could do it. What exactly was it?

I smiled laughing out loud for the first time as I remember the black cylinder that was once in her hands. I let her lean against me for support not wanting her to strain herself anymore. I tensed up though feeling her body against mine. She was weakened but still stronger then I myself and her body seemed to fit perfectly against mine.

After I was sure she was fine I took a step back to avoid any other feelings to erupt from myself, but I stood there excited for her twirling about. I'm so proud of you Kanoe!

Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:11 am
Profile YIM WWW

It must have not seemed like much to Kairi and yet the woman seemed so happy. She was too weary to worry about how close the woman was to her. Most people tend to be scared of the unknown. Those who knew about her magic during her childhood always shunned her and yet this young student seemed so happy to have watched this. It felt...uplifting.

"It..was nothing special," She says softly, "I was just trying to control the threads...the flow to make a different shape," she smiles faintly again, "And...it not exploding was a plus.."

The warmth of the woman's body against her's was comforting. She eventually gained her breath back and manages to stand on her own power once more. The witch was not sure how to react to all this praise from someone she just met and barely knew anything about.

"Umm...thank you," She looks around, "We...We better get out of here before we are found here."

Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:31 am

I walked over to her and grabbed her hand in mine. I know a place where we can go. I started running out the door hoping she would follow me. I turned around and ran back to the doorway and smiled at her, with a still look of confusion. COME ON! It's just out by the gardens! You'll love it. I again started back out the door giggling heading towards the south door.

Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:43 am
Profile YIM WWW

Naturally the witch was reluctant. The energetic woman nearly drags Kanoe towards the door as she squirms slightly. The mention of the gardens lessened the struggle now that she knew where they were going. It was not the place she was planning on but there was little that seems to deter Kairi once an idea pops in that woman's head.

The door closes loosely behind them, the lock was actually shattered which will bring questions tomorrow. But, that did not concern Kanoe as she follows Kairi down the halls towards the south exit.

"Isn't it a bit late to be out in the gardens?" She asks as Kairi tugs her along.

Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:08 pm

I giggled at her as we exited out of the south door. Kanoe was obviously just going along knowing it would be pointless for her to not follow now. I grabbed her hand and pulled her behind me as we reached the gardens. I walked over to the fountain and finally released her hand from mine and jumped on the edge of the fountain. I started walking around it almost like a balancing act giggling.

I knew it was pointless but I wanted to know more. Yes, she answered my earlier questions but there was still something I had to know, and I wanted to see more. She needed the practice and I couldn't stop eyeing her beauty. Her hair shimmered in the moonlight, her eyes glistened like a gem, but she was still so dark, and I wanted to see her smile just once!

I returned to where she still stood and quickly slipped down to her height and reached out for her face. I held her cheek in my hand for a minute and melted into my own smile. What are you hiding? I looked into her eyes with my own charm, and just listened hoping she would tell me what she's got hidden behind her exterior.

Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:45 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next