View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 3:32 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 River of Dreams (For Kraytirous) [Complete] 

Post River of Dreams (For Kraytirous) [Complete]
Pan had never been allowed to leave the dorm without Shai before. However, Shai was terribly busy with matters pertaining to Kathryn. Pan’s eyes narrowed into slits as he regarded the new addition to Shai’s circle of friends. He didn’t like her much and saw her as nothing more than a distraction to his beloved friend. Still, she did seem to make Shai happy and that only roused more bitterness in the Nanobot.

Pan reviewed the instructions given to him by Shai, drawing the recorded data from his memory. “I forgot to order more Butadiene. The box is empty.” The box, Pan nodded dually noting the importance of the machine that manufactured Shai’s nanites. Butadiene was a compound in synthetic rubber that was necessary in the Nanite’s creation. Without them, Pan couldn’t conduct his appropriate repairs and Shai’s research would be compromised without the compound.

“I know they have some in the Chemistry Lab. There are only two of us on the island that know about you Pan, I need you to be quick and stealthy.” Quick and stealthy indeed, he thought sheepishly to himself as he continued to soar over the grounds. He had noticed that there was a severe lack of birds on the island, but thought Larus occidentalis would be a suitable disguise on his route to the Chemistry Lab. Though, he recognized the feebleness of it all, his outer color always remained a light crimson color.

The sun was still in the sky, but nearing dusk within the hour when Pan landed on the window sill outside of the Chemistry Lab. Shai hadn’t said how much Polymerization she needed, but since the Box didn’t take very much Pan figured it would be best to take a discrete amount. He didn’t see any activity in the dim room, and after scanning with his infrared spectrum he was sure that there were no other life forms inside. Ensuring he wasn’t being watched, the Sea Gull’s body began to morph incredulously into the form of small chimp. Pan needed the use of opposable thumbs to carry out his task. Shai had instructed him that she’d left the window unlocked and like clockwork, when he pushed the glass pane the window opened with a narrow passage.

Inside he slipped, hopping merrily towards the storage closest on the back wall of the room. His fingers slipped around the brass knob and gave a gentle turn. Locked, not a problem for the nanobot. He raised his glimmering eye to the key hole and peered inside, a red beam of light permeating from his retina. After the scan of the internal lock was complete, his chimpish index finger reshaped and solidified into the matching key.

He scanned the shelves, searching for the appropriate compound and found himself piling a few other compounds inside of the small bag purse-sized bag he had found in the closet. He knew Shai would probably scold him, but he also knew there were other chemicals and compounds she was lacking and he would eventually get her praise. The thought pleased him. After a few moments he finally found the Butadiene, he quickly tossed a decent amount of vials in the bag, zipped it and scurried out of the room.

Light was still outside the window, as the nanobot peered out of the narrow gap. He looked fast at the bag in his grasp and knew that he would not be able to support the weight in flight.

“On foot then.” He determined and hopped out of the window. He took a foreign route, not willing to risk being spotted by another student. He stumbled through the fall shrubberies and trees of the forests bordering the campus, grumbling every step of the way. He had long abandoned his Chimp form and after securing the small bag around his waist, he had assumed a form of Canis Lupis. Or a medium sized puppy as he bounded through the woods.

Thank you Naoko for the Sig, you are my heroine <3
.oOo. Nasty, Evil, Wicked and Mean .oOo.

~*^ Shai's Lament ^*~

Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:14 am
Profile YIM

Post Re: River of Dreams (For Kraytirous)
Kraytirous' body was tightly compacted and sitting snugly inside of a glass tube. He had found the cozy compartment after he had feasted upon a woman wearing a strange white coat and awkwardly framed glass around her eyes. She had been very vocal and had struggled immensely, actually puncturing the petite creature's skin. He had skidded off after she had passed out, her life signs stable but in hibernation as he called it when a woman collapsed after nearly six consecutive orgasms. The little blob had found the open cabinet and uncorked a small, glass vial. He had emptied out the viscous liquid inside into some sort of drainage device and slipped into the container, sealing the top tightly. He closed his glossy eyes and they almost immediately disappeared, his form looking like any number of chemicals.

He was startled awake by a jerk of his current resting place, the interruption of his peaceful rest upsetting the little blob. It grumbled softly in its mind, acutely aware that if he made any sound in reality whomever was carrying him would panic and possibly throw away the container, shattering it and cutting the blob's tender skin. He opened his eyes open just slightly, the small red slits appearing nearly invisible to anyone watching, a trick of the light, but through the small slit Kraytirous could see well, his retinas dilating to a smaller size so as to get a wider angle of the image currently before him. But there wasn't much to see, all that was visible was possible because of the light seeping in through the stitches in a strange, large container that seemed to be made of similar material to the clothing of the females at this school, albeit sturdier and tougher looking. He struggled softly and the cork screw holding his container closed slid out of the vial with ease, a soft pop resonating as air rushed into the container. Kraytirous slipped stealthily out of his resting place, happily stretching his form for the first time in nearly a week. He could feel his form quivering as the bag he was in quivered and shook, as if it was being carried. He decided patience would serve as his best ally, and not wanting to be confined into the container once more, he decided to make his positioning more comfortable.

Smothering the bottle with his form, he put downward pressure on the two ends of the bottle and upward pressure on the center. The bottle silently shattered, into five large fragments that did not threaten the blob at all. It seemed the see-through container wasn't made out of glass after all, rather some sort of plastic. Content with the effect, he relaxed and flexed his body, stretching it across the contents of the bag to make it appear like it was due to some sort of mistake that he had spilled across the bag. He just hoped there wasn't an actual accident, he had no idea how harmful the contents of the bag laying beneath him were to him. He just hoped the trip would be over soon.

Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:37 am

Pan had been kept his pace at a slow trot, cringing each time he heard the link ‘clink’ of glass against glass. Though he calculated at the speed he was going, that the glass wouldn’t shatter with the slight impact they were receiving. He altered his trail several times, trying to make it back to the dorm room as quickly as possibly to return to Shai.

Pan had suddenly skidded to a stop as he heard several voices far in the distance, he scanned the area with his infrared and made out two female forms about twenty yards away. They were talking low, too low for one without advanced hearing to be able to pick up.

The arctic pup altered his course yet again, disappearing seamlessly into the trees. The women hadn’t even seen him. He was feeling quite satisfied with his efforts, going as far as to congratulate himself imagining the praise he’d get from his creator at such a fine job well done. That was until he heard the insidious breakage that would seal distaste in Shai.

The pup slowed his trot, his sensors locating the liquid seeping through the thin material of the bag. In a millisecond Pan would have morphed his way out of the parcel that was wrapped around his waist had the contents been harmful to his structure. However, they were basic liquids, saline that Shai had damaged when she initially picked up her compound supplies from the lab.

“It seems Saline doesn’t like Shai very much.” He muttered to himself, appreciating his own attempt at emulating humor before wriggling his way out of the parcel. Carefully, with his glimmering teeth the nanobot whipped open the zipper and peered inside of the package. His eyes did a thorough scan of the contents that were leaking over the other vials when he picked up something odd. There was a sentient being amongst them! He bared his teeth and issued a low, threatening growl.

”What are you?” He hissed.

~*^ Shai's Lament ^*~

Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:57 am
Profile YIM

The little blob had been discovered by some strange domestic animal. And this animal seemed like it could talk the tongue of humans, so he assumed it was either a small human in its infant stages or one of their slaves, which had been forced to learn their tongue. The small creature pulled himself together rapidly, forming almost immediately into his more or less "static" posture in front of the four-legged mammal. It spoke with a deep voice, that seemed to come from nowhere yet everywhere but most certainly belonged to the blob. "I... I don't know," the creature admitted sadly. It really didn't know. It had found itself in a soft, squishy, lush environment at birth and been plopped down onto the grounds here. It had found none of its race and none that knew of it. He was all alone.

But he was curious, very curious, with the creature standing before him. Every single other human he had found resonated with the foods that would normally cause the little single-celled-organism to impale them repeatedly in every single orifice he could find. But this one did not have this scent about it, albeit there were traces of it on the creature's fur. "And what exactly are you? You are no human, I can tell that. Are you some sort of slave or servant?" The blob was honest in its questions, it didn't know how to lie yet. And pure curiosity filled its deep, yet soft, voice. Suffice to say, when a small tentacle formed on the creatures frame and he swiftly reached around to Pan's backside, quickly poking the place where some sort of orifice would normally be and then quickly pulling the tentacle back, it was not due to perversion or sexual attractiveness, but curiosity. And a slight tinge of thirst. Kraytirous hadn't found any water in weeks and he was quite parched. "Definately not human."

Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:52 am

Pan saw nothing to indicate that there was, in fact, a creature amidst the broken vials in the small pouch. Had he contained a human’s train of thoughts he would have most certainly began to question his judgment. He wasn’t human, and the fluttering green text that whirled past his eyes told him different. There was something sentiment among the mess, and if it failed to reply to him he would have no choice but to demolish the entire contents of the parcel. That notion upset him as he considered having to run all the back towards the Chemistry Lab to complete Shai’s request.

His eyes narrowed on a particular grouping of liquid. Moments later the liquid began to gather, forming a small blob. The Nanobot never swayed from his position, and his stoic expression seemed unimpressed. The voice that sounded from the creature was astounding. For something so small one would assume that a small voice would come with it. His was deep, and masculine, much like Pan’s but had an odd tone to it.

He had no answer for Pan, and with no prior knowledge on this particular species Pan couldn’t determine if the answer as a lie. As he was about to interrogate the small creature further, Pan’s eyes widened slightly as the creature began to question him. The blob wanted to know what Pan was, and had even gone as far as to extend a tendril. The tendril wound behind Pan and lightly poked him in the rear. Pan couldn’t physically feel the touch, but his sensors notified him of the contact.

The arctic pup gave a warning nip at the tendril as it retracted. It was accompanied with a threatening glare. The creature had asked if Pan was a slave. The Nanobot almost laughed away the notion. There was a difference between slavery and friendship, and Pan was sure that if he had ever come into any danger, despite being a machine that his creator would do all in her power to protect him. Still, the Nanobot took offense to the remark.

“I’m no slave.” He growled, but his menacing façade soon faded as curiosity wandered over his features.

“I’m no human either… How did you end up in this bag?” He questioned, still trying to determine if the blob was friend or foe. He could fight or run, should the situation call for it. Still, he was intrigued by the tiny creature and wanted to know more about it. As he awaited an answer the Nanobot began to do an exterior scan of the creature, identifying key components in it’s chemical make up. What astounded Pan the most was that, while the blob contained many earthen elements, there were unidentifiable components as well.

“What is this thing?” He wondered silently to himself, when another idea occurred to him. Perhaps this wasn’t a bad thing. Shai would probably love the prospect of discovering a new species. Especially one that could talk! The Nanobot kept his observations and thoughts quiet for the meantime.

~*^ Shai's Lament ^*~

Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:13 am
Profile YIM

The blob gurgled softly, replicating the laughter of humans but failing terribly at it. It looked up at the mammal, its crimson eyes now fully opened. "Once again, I don't really know. I fell asleep in one of those cozy little containers and woke up to rattling and a cloth prison. I needed to stretch a little, so I popped out of my bed and stretched." All the while the blob was talking, he was also multi-tasking, taking in the information the little white-furred mammal had given him. Not a slave, not a human. Then what the hell was he doing here? He was far too small to be one of the larger monsters he had seen running around, having their way with women. Kraytirous was honestly confused.

"Do you happen to know where I can find some water? I'm parched." All the while that the young mass of goop was present at this school, he always found something to listen to. There was always teaching of one sort or another happening, either academic or sexual, there were always interesting words spoken. And so Kraytirous had expanded his vocabulary immensely. In a more pleasing state, he could of doubled his height with ease, by merely absorbing more water from the air into his body. But he could not open his pours to accept the water in the humid air due to the dryness of his skin. He needed water in a liquid state, so that he could manage his pores open.

The little blob began to look at his surroundings, noticing that he was no longer in the artificial environment created by the school, but rather the familiar yet dangerous outdoors. Although he would not make any of the predators in this jungle happy like the women could, he would still make for a good snack. "Preferably somewhere indoors, the woods aren't safe, if you hadn't realized that."

Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:36 pm

Pan emulated an understanding nod as the creature explained. Apparently the tiny creature had crawled into one of the glass tubes to rest. Pan considered that in ignorance of what the tubes were used for, it was an honest mistake to make. The Nanobot suppressed a shuddering simulation when he realized that the poor blob could have ended up in a beaker full of scalding water, or worse.

The Nanobot could also recognize that the creature could have been angry if it’d chosen to. Surely Pan had disturbed his sleep as he trotted throughout the woodlands of the island. Perhaps it was an underestimation of the blob’s power, but the Nanobot couldn’t really see the small creature doing much harm if he were to take it back to Shai.

“Depending on which tube you were in, it could have been quite painful had you have been used in Chemistry.” The wolf pup chuckled, the last of the sun’s rays beaming from behind him accentuating the crimson tint of his fur. It was getting late, and surely Shai was expecting him back by now.

The blob chimed into Pan’s personal thoughts and expressed that he was thirsty. The Nanobot stored the data for the creature, noting that the blob needed fluids as part of its survival. Another notion the blob made caused the Nanobot to jerk his head in either direction, overcome with the daunting feeling of other beings lurking in their midst. While Pan couldn’t sense any sentient beings nearby, he didn’t want to stay and wait for them.

“I have a place we can go for now, though I’m not sure how welcome you will be.” He said truthfully before ushering the blob back into the pack, partially closing the zipper so that if he wanted to peer out of the package he could do so without the thread of falling. The pup grabbed the pack by the straps and set off in an urgent bound towards the dormitories.

They arrived just after the sun had disappeared over the ocean’s horizon. Pan was quick and stealthy as they bounded through the whitewashed halls. There were several students that emerged from their dorms just after the pair had passed, though none drew notice to Pan’s silent footsteps.

The pup’s quick stride began to slow as they approached a certain wooden door, still partially cracked in expectation of Pan’s arrival. The pup nuzzle the door and pushed his way inside.

“Pan!” The Nanobot heard the student shout in relief. “I was worried about you. What took you so long?” He watched as the student’s steel, gray eyes fell upon the parcel, practically bulging with chemical compounds.

“I see you picked up a little extra.” She said doubtfully, but there was a hint of pride in her voice.

“More than you know.” He said as she moved to close the door behind him. The student cast him an incredulous look before kneeling down to pick up the parcel.

~*^ Shai's Lament ^*~

Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:11 am
Profile YIM

Kraytirous cautiously obeyed the creature, seeing that he felt no danger emanating from the mammal's stance nor from the way it spoke. So Kraytirous had climbed into the bag and been transported to where he hoped he could find the nourishment that he so desperately sought. Water. After some severe rattling, he found himself inside the school once more, in a familiar sort of area. He had been here before. Or at least in this building. Parts of it seemed familiar to the blob, but then again, most human architecture appeared similar to him. Big slabs of stone, stacked upon one another, reinforced with steel or wooden girders, then the floors were tiled and the ceilings covered in a type of foam. Then the walls were painting to appear more welcoming. It was all so similar and unnecessary.

So Kraytirous tried to concentrate on the direction that he was being taken, so he could hopefully find his way back. Then the backpack was dropped to the ground. So they had reached their destination. He heard several voices speaking, one belonging to a female and another to his new found companion. Then the leathery satchel was picked up once more and opened. The light spilled in, Kraytirous' highly advanced eyes immediately adjusting to it. He was gazing up at the face of a beautiful young woman, her face bordered by lush, smooth and long silver locks. Kraytirous was entranced by the woman. But instead of lunging at her as he always did when he saw a woman, he carefully slithered out of the bag, in as none-threatening a manner as possible. His bulbous red eyes were gazing up at the nubile beauty, her silver eyes shining like the clearest of waters. For some reason he felt compelled to introduce himself, to show he had no intention of feediing off of the young female's orifices.

"My name is Kraytirousness Varthismas. A pleasure to meet you, my lady." The little blob slithered out of the bag and leaped down from it, landing with a soft plop onto the floor. For seemingly the first time, he felt the need to stare up at the woman's face, her eyes, the frame of her cheek bones, the shape of her lips, and not her chest or nether regions. An interesting find, he thought to himself.

Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:52 am

The student jumped slightly, but did well to hold her shock as the tiny blob appeared amidst the number of vials and beakers in the pack. She had nearly dropped the bag, but forced her hands to hold on tightly. The kind of look that practically screamed: What the fuck is going on here? When Pan didn’t seemed to be threatened by the blob’s appearance the student visibly calmed. She knew Pan would never bring danger into her dorm as it was programmed that he consider her safety.

The student’s eyes widened in wonder as the creature slipped out of the pack and only the hardwood floors of her dorm. Her eyes washed over the tiny creature. She had encountered a blob before, but nothing quite like this little creature. In a way, it was almost cute. It had a gelatinous body, and was able to manipulate the goo for travel, with wide red eyes peering up at her.

Just as she was about to question just what Pan had brought into her dorm, the student was taken back when she heard perfect English emit from the tiny blob. Her steel gray eyes widened even further in shock and amazement as he proceeded to introduce himself, quite cordially. There was something odd about his voice. It was quite masculine, but it seemed to come from everywhere and nowhere at the same time, as if it were echoing throughout her mind.

“I…er…It’s nice to meet you.” She stammered, still unable to get over the initial shock of the tiny creature being able to speak. She cast another questioning look at Pan, who only seemed to ‘shrug’ and pad towards the sink.

“Our new friend is thirsty.” Pan stated, and Shai reluctantly took a few backward steps away to join Pan at the sink. Since, he had jumped up on the counter. Every few seconds the student cast a wary look over her shoulder, pulling down the hem of her skirt to give her more modesty in her appearance. She stood on her tip toes, lengthening her slender legs as she reached for a small bowl. As soon as the faucet was running she quietly whispered to Pan.

“What is it?” Again Pan only seemed to shrug. Confident in Pan’s judgment the student was thrilled at the prospect of finding a new species. The bowl was filled with cool water, and she shut off the faucet and carefully approached the tiny blob.

Kneeling down in front of him she gently placed the bowl beside him, her eyes never leading the spectacle of the new species.

“Sorry if I seemed rude.” She said embarrassed, her cheeks flushing a light pink.
“I…you just surprised me is all. I’m Shai.” She said with a flashy smile.

~*^ Shai's Lament ^*~

Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:55 am
Profile YIM

Kraytirous stared with amazement as the girl's eyes seemed to widen further, further and further each time he did something. He stood perfectly still, finally, afraid that she would dislocate an eyebrow or something of the sort. She seemed friendly enough, she wasn't screaming or throwing stuff at him. Who knows, maybe she was a differint breed of human, a friendlier, gentler and, from the looks of it, more generous kinds.

The little bowl came down with a clatter and Kraytirous slithered towards it, a tentacle forming from his form and slithering into the bowl itself. The water level slowly began to dissappear as Kraytirous' skin became slightly more translucent and his insides were a tad more obvious to see. He had the basic organelles that a single-celled organism would, except his nucleus was sitting snugly behind his two big eyes.

After devouring the entire bowl of water, Kraytirous gurgled happily and made his way towards a nearby table. He climbed up the table leg with ease, his body more or less made for such expeditions, and pushed himself up, onto the table.

From there he looked out across the room, like a surveyor gazing upon a new prospect. "A wonderful home you have here, Shai. Much more organized and adept then that of most of the other females here. And I'm sorry to inform you that I don't even know what species I am, having been born on this island with no family or relatives."

Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:56 am

The student observed the tiny tendril spiral from the sentient being towards the crystalline water bowl. It lightly dipped into the liquid and stayed more or less stationary, the water slowly draining from the bowl. As it drained, the student noted several physical changes. Previously, the tiny blob had had a hazy color to its gelatinous form. As it became hydrated, the outer epidermis of the creature began to become more translucent.

The creature seemed to be a single celled organism, though on a much larger scale and complexities than she had ever seen before. As its skin became more and more transparent, she saw what looked to be a nucleus behind the creature’s eyes. Curiously the student cocked her head to the side, casting a quick glance at Pan. Satisfied that the Nanobot was taking accurate data of the situation the student leaned back comfortably on her heels.

Much quicker than she’d expected, the creature had devoured the entire bowl of water, chirping happily as it finished. Her eyes followed the creature as it made its way across the floor, tendrils lashing out from its form to climb the length of her oaken table. Her eyes narrowed curiously as the creature made its ascent up the leg, before plopping pleasantly on the surface of the table.

The student nodded with a polite smile and gently thanked the creature.

“You seem to be most curious little one.” She said, hoping the creature hadn’t taken offense to her statement. Though, something he said didn’t quite sit well with the student. Other students? Did that implicate that this tiny blob was one of her enemies? The student pondered the question roughly in her mind as she studied the blob. He didn’t seem malevolent, but then she had been fooled before. The student gently rubbed her eyes and looked at the clock. It was early still, but the student had suffered through a series of exams as well as keep preoccupied with experiments on the side. She was getting tired.

“I would like to meet you again to be sure, but I’m afraid I’ve had a long day and my brain isn’t functioning quite like it should.” She said apologetically. “I’m sure Pan would be more than happy to escort you home.” She offered motioning to her crimson furred friend. A part of her didn’t want to let the tiny creature go. She wanted to bottle him up and study him, but the nagging part of her mind reminded her that that would make her no better than the creatures that ravaged her. This was a sentient being, and deserved to be treated with respect.

~*^ Shai's Lament ^*~

Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:55 am
Profile YIM

Kraytirous could see Shai's obvious fatigue, it almost oozed off of her. He let out a bubble of air that he had collected into his body, releasing it so that it sounded like a sigh, which he had heard the other humans here make in times of frustration. "I have no home, Shai. Life out there, in the wilderness of the island, is very dangerous. Even for non-human creatures. The larger, more powerful and influencial of the creatures that live here have claimed certain areas as their territory. The only warning you get that you're stepping onto their land or water is them showing up in person and kicking you out. But one such as me, dimin... damin... small, as I am, and young, has no land to call his own. I sleep where I can, hoping to stay as safe as I can. Danger lurks everywhere, for both your kind and mine." Kraytirous felt slightly silly for not being able to pronounce the word diminutive. Although the word formed perfectly in his mind, he could not make his voice replicate it. He didn't even understand how he could speak. It just sort of... happens.

"But, I can see you need your rest, I'll get out of your hair." The little blob spoke genuinely, not trying to make the girl feel guilty in earnest. He trickled towards the window, which it saw was slightly ajar near the bottom. He slithered up onto the window still and looked down to see the ground completely enveloped in darkness. "Guess I'll have to take the long way out." He turned around and prepared to plop back onto the floor.

Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:57 pm

The student couldn’t help but feel the pity starting to swell within her being as the tiny creature began to explain his plight. She knew better than most about the danger that lurked around the island, while she hadn’t considered that they were aggressive toward each other, the thought certainly made sense. It also seemed to fit that a creature of Kraytious’ size couldn’t possibly begin to defend himself against some of the large beings on the island.

Still, there was a multitude of trepidation dwelling within the nigh-albino girl. Her body tensed as she watched the creature begin his journey towards the window beside her bed. What if she was wrong? What if Kraytirous was nothing more than a rouse? It was more than possible that he was just luring Shai into a false sense of security before striking out with a vengeance. A sickening game to play with his toy before abusing it. Still, there was something about those large eyes that assured the student she was being paranoid. After all, he was so willing to leave.

Just as the blob began to descend the student held out her hand.

“Wait.” She said softly, her demeanor easing visibly. “You can stay here for the night. I don’t have any classes until noon. In the morning we can search for a suitable, safe spot for you to reside.” She said with a reassuring smile.

“Is there anything…specific you need to rest in or by?” She asked.

~*^ Shai's Lament ^*~

Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:48 am
Profile YIM

Kraytirous was truly surprised and utterly speechless. A human girl was asking him to stay? Where did this sudden act of kindness come from? Surely this had never happened before. From what he could surmise, these females despised, feared and avoided anything of none-human origin. And she was offering to help him find a home. What a strange day this turned out to be. He jumped into her outstretched hand, his uncertain from collapsing slightly as the air pressure regulated around him and he regained his blobby desposition. "You'd really do that? I'm impressed, Shai Tanaka." Then he realized something. She hadn't told him her last name. Where'd he arrive to that conclusion? He pushed the thought to the back of his mind when he looked up at the woman's face and saw that she did not correct him. He had guessed right? He hoped she hadn't noticed. Surely this would be deemed as some sort of intrusion on her mind.

Jumping down from her hand, he wiggled around the room, looking for something, anything that he might be threatened by. Nothing. Not a single thing. Had he just found what the humans called a friend? Or was this a trap? Stop being so damn paranoid, accept that this female has accepted you. He gurgled softly and leaped up onto a stand beside a one-person bed. Kraytirous plopped down ontop of the flat surface and jiggled happily, before closing his eyes and finally dosing off to a light sleep. His mind plagued him with probes about lowering his guard, but he knew that he was safe in this room.

Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:11 pm

The student’s eyes widened considerably when the tiny creature hopped into her hand. She giggled delightfully watching as his form distorted and slowly regained its shape. She took a few careful steps, unsure if she could accidentally spill his form and lowered her hand slightly towards the floor. As if on cue the tiny blob elegantly flowed over the side of her hand, trailing towards the floor as he searched around her room for a suitable place to sleep.

“I don’t mind at all.” She said, quickly doubting any thoughts she’d previously had about the creature. He didn’t seem malevolent like the other monsters on the island, and thus far he hadn’t made a move to attack her. Certainly he didn’t have any sexual attraction to her, so what was the harm? So was so consumed in her own observations that she hadn’t even noticed the slip of her last name from the creature’s mouth. Shai watched as the tiny creature made his way around the room before finally settling on the small table next to her bed.

The student grabbed a few articles from her dresser and disappeared into the bathroom. A few moments later the student emerged wearing skin-tight black shorts, showing off her long curvy legs and seductive hips. A silken spaghetti strapped tank adored her upper body, the soft lining of an evident bra underneath the material showing.

The student quietly mulled around the room, cleaning up various things before settling her fingers around the glass bowl. As quietly as she could she refilled the bowl and gently set it down next to the drowsy blob. With a deep sigh she let herself sprawl into her bed, gently crawling under the lush covers pulling them up to her chest. She looked across the room at Pan.

“Where are you going?” The student whispered quietly.

“You promised me modifications, I’m going to survey the campus for probable places to find suitable metals for the nanites.”

Apparently pleased by his response the student nodded her head. “Hit the lights for me will you?” Pan obliged and the room was enveloped in darkness, the dim light of a candle on her dresser slightly illuminating the room.

The student heard the soft ’click’ of the door as Pan quietly left the dorm, before dosing off sleep.

As the minutes passed and as Shai began to fall deeper into her slumber, the scientists’ mind whirled with the dreamful possibilities of schematics and inventions. She dreamed about walking with her dear friend Kathryn. How energetic the woman was! Imagine if she could walk alongside Shai, the snowy-haired student would barely be able to keep up! A soft smile spread across the woman’s docile features as her dreams continued to take a pleasant course.

She was walking through a crowd now in Japan. So many faces beaming at her that she felt claustrophobic. She had to get out of the masses, she had to find some place to hide and get away. The student frantically ran through the crowd, bumping and shoving them aside as she panicked through the streets. Her chest heaved excitedly as her breathing became rapid and unpredictable. She felt as if she was going to faint when she saw a familiar face.

“Josh?” She cried before darkness overwhelmed her senses.

Little did the sleeping student know she had cried out into the dimness of her dorm, her soft lips shuddering slightly as they formed the name.

~*^ Shai's Lament ^*~

Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:35 am
Profile YIM
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next